Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #351
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

I had to put the ZangbandTK directory in C:\Rouglikes to get it to run.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #352
Thomkal
Head Coach

If that doesn't work, check the link I put up for dwardzala-the reloaded forum one-there may be something in there that can help
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #353
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just beat the game!!! Final Char Dump, on level 101, after getting the items from the Serpent of Chaos and delving another level. I got the mutations moronic and superhumanly strong during my fight with he Serpent. I got a few failures of Mana Storm, and got random effects, which twice gave me mutations.

Code:
[ZAngbandTk 2.4.0 Character Dump] Name Carnil Age 19 Self RB CB EB Best Sex Male Height 71 STR: 18/100 +2 -5 +4 18/150 Race Beastman Weight 163 INT: 18/94 -2 +3 +17 18/*** Class Mage Status 4 WIS: 18/95 -1 +0 +17 18/215 Title Archimage HP 689/732 DEX: 18/100 -1 +1 +4 18/140 Realm 1 Sorcery SP 158/405 CON: 18/100 +2 -2 +4 18/200 Realm 2 Chaos Maximize Y CHR: 18/100 -4 +1 +5 18/120 Patron Nurgle Preserve Y Level 48 Fighting Saving Throw Amber [5] Cur Exp 5965854 + to Skill 40 Stealth Superb Max Exp 5965854 Deadliness 249% Fighting Very Good Adv Exp 6800000 Blows/Round 2+2 Shooting Good Disarming Superb Gold 3713946 Shooting Magic Device Amber [5] + to Skill 33 Perception Excellent Armor [49,+132] Deadliness 234% Searching Good Burden 336.0 lbs Shots/Round 2.0 Infravision 30 ft In your childhood, you were stupid enough to stick your head in raw Logrus. You have green reptilian eyes, dirty gray fur, and canine feet. You have defeated 9057 enemies. [Virtues] You are the living embodiment of Knowledge. You are the living embodiment of Mysticism. You are very virtuous in Chance. You are the polar opposite of Valour. You are the living embodiment of Individualism. You are the living embodiment of Diligence. You are the polar opposite of Honour. You are the polar opposite of Patience. [Mutations] You can teleport at will. You can smell nearby precious metal. You can polymorph yourself at will. You can turn ordinary items to gold. You can bring down the dungeon around your ears. You can send evil creatures directly to Hell. You can freeze things with a touch (dam 3 * lvl). You are subject to berserker fits. You are teleporting randomly. You have a scorpion tail (poison, 3d7). You have horns (dam. 2d6). Your blood sometimes rushes to your muscles. You are superhumanly strong (+4 STR). You are moronic (-4 INT/WIS). You are very resilient (+4 CON). You are extremely fat (+2 CON, -2 speed). You are resistant to magic. You have an extra pair of legs (+3 speed). Electricity is running through your veins. Your body is enveloped in flames. You are telepathic. [Character Equipment] a) The Long Sword 'Ringil' (4d5) (+22,+25) (+10 to speed) b) The Sling 'Sands of Time' (x3) (+15,+19) c) a Carnelian Ring of Lordly Protection [+17] d) a Spikard Ring of Speed (+14) e) a Golden Amulet of Brilliance (+6) {cursed} f) The Jewel of Judgement (+3 to speed) g) Balance Dragon Scale Mail (-2) [30,+14] (charging) h) The Elven Cloak of Super Resistance [4,+18] (+4 to stealth) i) The Large Leather Shield of Celegorm [4,+20] j) The Hard Leather Cap of Ben Franklin [2,+18] (+5) k) The Set of Cesti 'Ivyp' [5,+20] (+3 to infravision) l) The Pair of Soft Leather Boots of Shiva's Avatar (+8,+8) [4,+16] (+4 to speed) [Character Inventory] a) 2 Sorcery Spellbooks [Beginner's Handbook] b) 4 Sorcery Spellbooks [Master Sorcerer's Handbook] c) 2 Sorcery Spellbooks [Pattern Sorcery] d) 2 Sorcery Spellbooks [Grimoire of Power] e) 2 Chaos Spellbooks [Sign of Chaos] f) 2 Chaos Spellbooks [Chaos Mastery] g) a Chaos Spellbook [Chaos Channels] h) 3 Chaos Spellbooks [Armageddon Tome] i) 2 Light Green Potions of Resistance j) a Maple Staff of Healing (4 charges) k) a Walnut Staff of the Magi (3 charges) l) Double Chain Mail of Elvenkind (-2) [16,+18] (+1 to stealth) m) The Soft Leather Armour 'Hithlomir' [4,+20] (+4 to stealth) n) a Cord Armour of Resist Lightning [6,+13] o) The Cloak of Houdini [1,+19] (+7 to stealth) p) The Massive Iron Crown of Chaos [0,+0] (+125) {cursed} q) a Guisarme (Defender) (2d5) (+15,+20) [+8] (+1 to stealth) r) a Ball-and-Chain of Slay Demon (2d4) (+17,+13) s) a Jo Staff of Earthquakes (1d7) (+15,+17) (+5 attacks) t) a Mace of Disruption (5d8) u) The Mighty Hammer 'Grond' (9d9) (+5,+25) [+10] [Home Inventory - Outpost] a) 6 Blue Mushrooms of Restoring b) 16 Oily Yellow Potions of Healing c) 4 Ichor Potions of Restore Mana d) 4 Dark Red Potions of Curing e) a Scroll titled "tabuni snabek" of *Remove Curse* f) a Runed Rod of Pesticide g) a Ring of Skill (+18) h) a Ring of Combat (+14) {75% off} i) a Spikard Ring of Speed (+10) j) a Pewter Amulet of the Magi [+7] (+5 to searching) k) The Incandescent Light of Edison (+3 to infravision) l) The Phial of Galadriel (+1 to searching) m) The Star of Elendil (+1 to speed) (charging) n) The Augmented Chain Mail 'Adandalen' (+3,+5) [16,+13] (+3) o) The Metal Brigandine Armour of the Rohirrim [19,+15] (+2) p) The Metal Brigandine Armour 'Iadae' (-3) [19,+12] (+3) q) The Splint Mail 'Awhon' (-2) [19,+19] (+4 to searching) r) The Leather Scale Mail 'Thalkettoth' (-1) [11,+25] (+3) s) The Metal Cap of Thengel [3,+12] (+3) t) The Cutlass 'Gondricam' (1d7) (+10,+11) (+3) u) The Tulwar 'Elfrist' (2d4) (+15,+10) (+3) v) The Katana of Groo (6d4) (+0,+0) (+2) w) The Spear of Hagen (1d6) (+11,+13) (+3 to speed) x) The Halberd 'Rantam' (3d5) (+20,+16) (+2 to infravision) [Home Inventory - Telmora] a) an Oily Black Potion of Life b) Black Dragon Scale Mail (-2) [30,+15] c) Blue Dragon Scale Mail (-2) [30,+17] d) White Dragon Scale Mail (-2) [30,+18] e) Pseudo Dragon Scale Mail (-2) [30,+15] f) Bronze Dragon Scale Mail (-2) [30,+14] g) Gold Dragon Scale Mail (-2) [30,+16] h) The Metal Scale Mail of Julian (-2) [15,+40] (+4) i) The Bar Chain Mail 'Auspotgre' (-2) [18,+19] (+3 to infravision) j) The Golden Crown of Amber [0,+15] (+3) k) The Hard Leather Cap of Thranduil [2,+10] (+2) l) The Pair of Soft Leather Boots 'Durekkhil' [2,+16] (+4 to infravision) m) The Dagger of Rilia (2d4) (+4,+3) n) The Dagger 'Nimthanc' (1d4) (+4,+6) o) The Sabre 'Careth Asdriag' (1d7) (+6,+8) (+1 attack) p) The Fauchard 'Snejumi' (1d10) (+18,+14) (+2) [Home Inventory - Morivant] a) a Blue Speckled Potion of *Enlightenment* b) a Runed Rod of Pesticide c) a Cottonwood Staff of Curing (5 charges) d) a Walnut Staff of the Magi (3 charges) e) a Serpent Ring of Combat (+22) f) a Platinum Ring of Slaying (+9,+12) g) The Ring 'Frakir' (+1) h) The Amulet of Carlammas (+2) i) The Amulet of Ingwe (+3) j) an Azure Amulet of Anti-Magic k) The Mithril Chain Mail of Lohengrin (-1) [28,+20] (+4 to stealth) l) The Executioner's Sword 'Slayer' (4d5) (+15,+15) m) a Wooden Statue of The King in Yellow n) a Wooden Statue of Gandalf the Grey o) an Iron Statue of a Black mamba p) an Iron Statue of an Air elemental q) a Copper Statue of Jormungand the Midgard Serpent r) a Silver Statue of an Aklash s) a Golden Statue of Yibb-Tstll the Patient One t) a Golden Statue of an Ice troll u) an Ornate Statue of a Forest troll v) an Ornate Statue of a Baby white dragon w) a Magical Figurine of a Lloigor [Home Inventory - Angwil] a) 8 Bubbling Potions of *Healing* b) a Hexagonal Rod of Havoc c) The Ring Mail 'Abpluorg' (-2) [12,+17] (+4) d) The Ring Mail 'Laiv' (-2) [12,+11] (+4 to stealth) e) The Chain Mail of Arvedui (-2) [14,+15] (+2) f) The Cloak 'Colannon' [1,+15] (+3 to stealth) g) The Iron Helm 'Holhenneth' [5,+10] (+2) h) The Steel Helm of Hammerhand [6,+20] (+3) i) The Dagger of Fiona (2d4) (+6,+9) (+2) j) The Dagger 'Dethanc' (1d4) (+4,+6) k) The Dagger 'Narthanc' (1d5) (+4,+6) l) The Small Sword 'Sting' (2d6) (+7,+8) (+2) m) The Long Sword 'Rotten Egg' (2d5) (-20,-21) {cursed} n) The Scimitar 'Soulsword' (3d5) (+9,+11) (+2) o) The Bastard Sword 'Calris' (4d4) (-20,+20) (+5) {cursed} p) The Two-Handed Sword 'Gurthang' (3d6) (+13,+17) (+2) q) The Two-Handed Sword 'Twilight' (4d6) (-40,-60) [-50] (+10 to speed) {cursed} r) The Blade of Chaos 'Stormbringer' (6d6) (+16,+16) (+2) {cursed} s) The Pike 'Til-i-arc' (2d5) (+10,+12) [+10] (+2) t) The Halberd 'Osondir' (3d5) (+6,+9) (+3) u) The Ball-and-Chain 'Sami' (2d4) (+15,+16) (+4) v) The War Hammer 'Bugslayer' (3d3) (+10,+10) (+2) w) The Flail 'Totila' (3d6) (+6,+8) (+2 to stealth) x) 28 Mithril Shots (6d2) (+6,+6) (67/134)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-08-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #354
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CONGRATS! I sometimes think this thing is just like playing Calvinball from Calvin and Hobbes. Like you just make up stuff and monsters and items as you go along.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-08-2011 at 08:08 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #355
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heheh, it's part strategy. I've played Zangband specifically, and Angband formats in general, enough to know how to win consistently. This was my third Beastman Mage, the first two died within a hour. Once I got out of an hour, I know how to win. I know what abilities are needed when. In fact, I killed the Serpent at level 47, and then got to 48 with its death, before I was even at my top level. I mention the chest trick I figured out with level 97 earlier, where you Trump Tower down to 97. A lot of great items are acquired in the wilderness quests, so you want to do them, but if you have to leave or fail, you don;t get another shot at the quest and the prize, so there is a balance when to go and when not to go. Many of my items I finished the game with were prize rewards (Cap, Boots,Armor, but the armor is generic and could have been from anywhere). Etc.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-08-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #356
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, the main reasons I went back and played Z again was I had just read the Chronicles of Amber again by R Z.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #357
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Oh, the main reasons I went back and played Z again was I had just read the Chronicles of Amber again by R Z.

So now that you're an expert, want to give me some hints at starting? There are so many choices and decisions and places at the beginning I'm not sure where to go. I haven't been bothering with the town at first. What's a basic tutoial of the early game?
Old 05-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #358
Thomkal
Head Coach

Woohoo, congrats Abe! Maybe someday I'll get one to the end too.

<----takes a look at your mutations. Man you are one freaky looking dude.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #359
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For early character, I'd go with something solid, with a good backup available. For example, some might suggest a Chaos Warrior, but the combination of having the magic that is the most powerful at range with a dude who wants to move in and smash face is not obvious to play, and lacks late game power.

I recommend staying away from any of the races that are in the bottom 20ish. Steer clear of any that has a nasty XP penalty. Forget Amberite, High Elf, etc.

If playing the graphical TK, here are the races I'd consider - Half Elf, Elf, Gnome, Dwarf, Half-Orc, etc.

Grab what's good for your class. INT for magi, WIS for Priests, and maximize the physical stats for all classes. I like gnomes as an early race, because they have Free Action inherently, and that's a major power to start with. They make good magi, but magi aren't a good class to start with - although they are my favorite.

I would absolutely take a class with a realm of Magic at the start, it will help you to learn both the might and magic sides of the game. I'd take a healing realm early, and that means Life. the best Life mages are Priests, so going with Priest makes sense. Steer clear of Warrior Mage, the XP penalty is enormous and Arcane Magic is not that hot, or High mage, you want access to two realms.

Don;t play Monks, Mindcrafters, they are to complex, and not flexible at all.

Priests are great at Life (or Death if you prefer), but weak in their second school.

I would go with sorcery or nature. Preferably Sorcery. In fact, I would NEVER play any magic using character without Sorcery. Here is what Sorcery gives you:

1). Lots of detect spells. Detect treasure, monsters secret doors and traps, etc
2). Identify and then later super Identify. (Life has Super Identify only in its 4th and rarest book, Sorcery has it in its second book in stores)
3). Recall, so you won't have to stock scrolls or a Rod.
4). Teleport Self, to immediately remove you from harm when you are overwhelmed.
5). Teleport Away to send away a bunch of enemies in a row. Life already has a Teleport for all in Sight, but only evil ones, still good, but more limited. Having both is nice.
6). The very powerful, and highly underrated Dimension Door. The ability to teleport to any space on the screen that you choose is very powerful.
7). Haste Self. Giving yourself a permanent +10 to speed by having this on at all times is just unfair. It's is very good with Life's boosts like Heroism and Bless.
8). Recharging. I've already mentioned in the thread how good this is
9). Magic Mapping, and later, Clairvoyance, show you the map of the whole area, and that's a massive amount of info to use and abuse.
10). I like putting the front monster to sleep in a line, and then stopping the line from moving down the corridor and attacking me. It's a good way to fight monsters without magic or rage attacks, like Trolls and orcs.

The weak things about this combo - your ultimate spells are very similar, you have very little direct damage (Holy Orb is it for a long time), you have no ability to destroy a wall with a spell (like Chaos or Nature could do). Play this carefully, as a buffing warrior who speeds, blesses, protection from evil, and Heroism once you find the Grail tome, and you'll be more powerful than a warrior while rocking all of the cure magic back up.

The other Magics:

Stay very far away from Trump. Not for the weak, or those who want strong characters .
Stay far away from Arcane, it's a weak realm with just tools, not powerful spells.

Chaos - Lots of damage dealing, light, teleport away, confusing monsters, polymorph self, destroy walls, Word of Destruction, Arcane Binding is a weak Recharging, not much else. There's no subtlety here. Once in a blue moon, I want to Polymorph an enemy.

Nature - Eat food, destroy wall, Light, some modest cure spells, destroy walls, some adequate damage spells, some detect spells, Nature Awareness, mega identify, Stoneskin and resistance spells.

Death - Malediction, Malediction, Malediction - it's your Magic Missile spell, it can do other things, and it destroys cursed items - so you can use it to sort of ID stuff early in the game before you an ID it, some damage dealing spells, modest detect spells, sleep, Vampiric Drain as a pseudo-heal, the very powerful Genocide and Mass Genocide and Omnicide, the Berserk buff (later, Battle Frenzy, which is Berserk with speed), and an Identify in the final book. Late.

That's my quick assessment of the other realms.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #360
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thanks! exactly what I'm looking for! I think that's why ADOM is so appealing. No big decisions. No shops. Get a lot of variety out of race/class combos but no big things to learn. Altho there are obvious characters that are uberpowerful compared to others.

Playing a Dark Elf Elementalist now and rocking the house. Finally solved the mad carpenter quest and cleared out the first dungeon and made it back to the city without dying.

Only survived the mad carpenter fight because I had an unidentified wand of lightning bolt! ZZZZTTTZAP! Killed him. And I was totally out of powerpoints hehehe. Got so lucky.

FOr Zangband I think I'll then start with a basic race and basic fightery class and see how far that gets me. Boost up str/con and power thru it. That way I can learn what the game is like. And then I'll delve into magics (which is no doubt where the powerful characters lie) Awesome that they made powers based on Zelazny stuff. Variety is cool.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #361
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Crimson Fox's Bits of Wisdom Rule #135:
Sometimes randomly "trying out" wands is a bad idea.

As I was out of pp and in a tight corridor surrounded and I had blink dogs multiplying out of view, I decided to use my "teal wand", since my other unknown wand helped me kill Yrrwie the mad carpenter. And the force that came out of the wand did not ask for a direction but instead bounced off the walls seveal times, each time going THROUGH me and my items as it went. Check out my final HP total. I had like 66 HP total when the fight started. (which was great for a mage).
screwed1.jpg

It showed me my items identified then...
screwed2.jpg
Really...I don't FEEL blessed.
Maybe the wand doesn't like dark elves.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #362
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats on the winner Abe. My current guy is looking really good after having survived a way out of depth Ancalagon the Black (lvl 90 dragon on lvl 61 in Mordor) and his cohorts, getting two awesome end game artifacts out of it (Golden Crown of Gondor and Light Crossbow of Cubragol). I may be able to do some more equipment shuffling now.

Code:
[ToME 2.3.5 Character Sheet] Name : Mortari Age 90 STR: 38 Sex : Male Height 66 INT: 40 Race : Dark-Elf Weight 103 WIS! 40 Class : Sorceror Social Class 6 DEX: 36 Body : Player CON! 40 God : Eru Iluvatar CHR: 37 + To Melee Hit -37 Level 49 Hit Points 1289/ 1289 + To Melee Damage -33 Experience 7744346 Spell Points 1686/ 1686 + To Ranged Hit -9 Max Exp 7744346 Sanity 911/ 911 + To Ranged Damage 14 Exp to Adv. 8100000 Piety 43664 AC 20+114 Gold 1168751 Speed Fast (+37) (Miscellaneous Abilities) Fighting : Very Bad Perception : Bad Blows/Round: 4 Bows/Throw : Very Bad Searching : Bad Shots/Round: 1 Saving Throw: Superb Disarming : Good Mel.dmg/Rnd: 4d4-132 Stealth : Superb Magic Device: Excellent Infra-Vision: 50 feet Tactic: coward Explor: leisurely (Character Background) You are one of several children of a Dark Elven Warrior. You have black eyes, straight black hair and a very dark complexion. [Miscellaneous information] Joke monsters: OFF Maximize mode: ON Preserve Mode: ON Autoscum: ON Small Levels: ON Arena Levels: ON Always unusual rooms: OFF Persistent Dungeons: OFF Recall Depth: Mirkwood: Level 33 (1650') Mordor: Level 61 (3050') Barrow-Downs: Level 10 (500') Heart of the Earth: Level 36 (1800') Orc Cave: Level 21 (1050') The Old Forest: Level 25 (1250') The Sacred Land Of Mountains: Level 70 (3500') The Land Of Rhun: Level 40 (2000') The Sandworm lair: Level 30 (1500') Your body is a Player. You are currently on level 61 of Mordor. You have defeated 5625 enemies. You saved Bree from a dreadful Nazgul. You have completed 45 princess quests. You have completed 45 lost sword quests. You found none of the relic pieces. You started your adventure the 43rd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age. It is currently the 10th Quelle of the 2890th year of the third age. You have been adventuring for 24 days. adefkmnopsuxz{|@ Add Str : ....8...432..... Add Int : ....8..2........ Add Wis : ....8..2.3.....+ Add Dex : ....8........... Add Con : ....8...432..... Add Chr : ....8........... Mul Mana : ...............+ Add Stea. : .......2........ Add Speed : .*.7.3.2.3...... Slay Anim.: .............+.. Slay Evil : .............+.. Slay Und. : .............+.. Slay Orc : .............+.. Slay Troll: .............+.. Slay Giant: .............+.. Slay Drag.: .............+.. Poison Brd: .............+.. Acid Brand: .............+.. Elec Brand: .............+.. Fire Brand: .............+.. Cold Brand: .............+.. Sust Str : ................ Sust Int : ......+......... Sust Wis : ...........+.... Sust Dex : ................ Sust Con : ......+......... Sust Chr : ................ Invisible : ................ Mul life : ......+......... Sens Fire : ................ Reflect : ................ Free Act : ........+.+..... Hold Life : ..+..+.......... Imm Acid : ......++*....... Res Elec : .........+...... Imm Fire : .+....*..+.+.... Res Cold : ......+..+.+.... Res Pois : ...........+.... Res Fear : ................ Res Light : .....+...+...... Res Dark : .....+.........+ Res Blind : .........+...... Res Conf : .....++.++.+.... Res Sound : ........++...... Res Shard : ......+......... Res Neth : ..+............. Res Nexus : .+.............. Res Chaos : .....++.++.+.... Res Disen : ...........+.... Auto Curse: ....+........... Levitate : ...........+.... Lite : .........+...... See Invis : .....+...+.....+ Digestion : .........+...... Regen : .........+...... Activate : .+...+.+.+...... Cursed : ....+........... Climb : ..............+. Orc.ESP : .....+..+....... Skills (points left: 1) . Archery 01.000 [0.000] - Sneakiness 04.500 [0.900] . Stealth 04.900 [0.500] . Disarming 00.500 [0.000] - Magic 45.160 [1.200] . Magic-Device 15.500 [1.000] . Spell-power 50.000 [0.600] . Sorcery 01.000 [0.700] . Mana 50.000 [0.900] . Fire 50.000 [1.000] . Water 00.000 [1.000] . Air 00.000 [1.000] . Earth 27.000 [1.000] . Meta 00.000 [1.000] . Conveyance 36.000 [1.000] . Divination 24.000 [1.000] . Temporal 15.000 [1.000] . Mind 00.000 [1.000] . Nature 00.000 [1.000] . Necromancy 02.700 [0.900] . Runecraft 00.000 [0.900] . Thaumaturgy 08.100 [0.900] - Spirituality 14.300 [0.550] . Prayer 00.000 [0.500] - Monster-lore 00.000 [0.500] . Mimicry 01.000 [0.300] Abilities * Perfect casting [Fates] You are fated to find The Dagger 'Dethanc' on level 1. You may find a Mace on level 1. You may meet a Hill orc on level 7. You are fated to find a Ration of Food on level 1. You may find a Main Gauche on level 1. [Character Equipment] a) a Mage Staff of Wizardry (1d4) (-12,+3)(80%) (+4) d) The Light Crossbow 'Cubragol' (x3) (+10,+14) (+10) It can be activated for fire branding of bolts every 999 turns if it is being worn. It increases your speed by 10. It provides resistance to fire and nexus. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Wyrm of Balance on level 61 of Mordor. e) an Indestructible Ring of Nether Resistance f) a Ring of Speed (+7) k) an Amulet of Doom [+8] (+8) {cursed} It increases your strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution and charisma by 8. It is cursed. It cannot be dropped while cursed. It can re-curse itself. You found it lying on the ground on level 57 of Mordor. m) The Arkenstone of Thrain (+3) It can be activated for detection every 30+d30 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 3) forever. It increases your speed and luck by 3. It provides resistance to life draining, light, dark and chaos. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Swamp Wyrm on level 58 of Mordor. n) The Thunderlord Coat of Linginnar (-45,-47) [9,+6](40%) It increases your hit points by 40%. It sustains your intelligence and constitution. It provides immunity to fire. It provides resistance to acid, cold, confusion, shards and chaos. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. o) The Cloak 'Holcolleth' [1,+7] (+2) It can be activated for sleep nearby monsters every 55 turns if it is being worn. It increases your intelligence, wisdom, stealth and speed by 2. It provides resistance to acid. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. p) The Small Metal Shield of Thorin [3,+25] (+4) It increases your strength and constitution by 4. It provides immunity to acid. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to sound and chaos. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 36 of The Land Of Rhun. s) The Golden Crown of Gondor [0,+15] (+3) It can be activated for heal 700 hit points every 250 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your strength, wisdom, constitution and speed by 3. It provides resistance to electricity, fire, cold, light, blindness, confusion, sound and chaos. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It slows your metabolism. It speeds your regenerative powers. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Ancalagon the Black on level 61 of Mordor. u) The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cambeleg' (+8,+8) [1,+15] (+2) It increases your strength and constitution by 2. It provides immunity to paralysis. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. x) The Pair of Metal Shod Boots 'Nenteluil' [6,+10] It sustains your wisdom. It provides resistance to fire, cold, poison , chaos and disenchantment. It allows you to levitate. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You bought it from the Footwear Shop. z) (nothing) {) The Seeker Arrow 'Bullseye' (7d4) (+20,+15) It does extra damage from acid, electricity, fire and frost. It poisons your foes. It is especially deadly against dragons. It is especially deadly against orcs. It is especially deadly against trolls. It is especially deadly against giants. It is a great bane of demons. It strikes at undead with holy wrath. It fights against evil with holy fury. It is especially deadly against natural creatures. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Hezrou on level 54 of Mordor. |) a Climbing Set [Character Inventory] a) 2 Fireproof Tomes of Magical Energy b) 3 Tomes of the Eternal Flame c) 3 Tomes of the Impenetrable Earth d) a Tome of Translocation e) 2 Fireproof Tomes of Knowledge It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of Saruman of Many Colours on level 60 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. f) 3 Tomes of the Time g) a Sprig of Athelas h) a Potion of Cure Serious Insanity i) 11 Potions of Healing j) 4 Potions of Restore Mana k) 11 Scrolls of Teleportation l) 16 Scrolls of Satisfy Hunger m) a Scroll of *Destruction* n) The Elfstone 'Elessar' (+7,+7) [+10] (+4) It can be activated for heal and cure black breath every 200 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 3) forever. It increases your strength, wisdom, charisma and speed by 4. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to fire, poison and disenchantment. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Wyrm of Perplexity on level 61 of Mordor. o) The Anchor of Space-Time It provides light (radius 1) forever. It prevents the space-time continuum from being disrupted. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Greater basilisk on level 49 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. p) The Robe of Great Luck [-30,-13] (+60) It increases your luck by 60. It provides immunity to paralysis. It drains mana and life. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Trone, the Rebel Thunderlord on level 70 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. q) The Padded Armour of Turumorin [4,+9] It sustains your constitution. It provides immunity to electricity, fire and cold. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to light, dark, confusion and disenchantment. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Dracolisk on level 58 of Mordor. r) The Hard Leather Cap of Thranduil [2,+10] (+2) It increases your intelligence and wisdom by 2. It provides resistance to blindness and shards. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs, trolls and evil beings. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. s) The Set of Gauntlets 'Paurnimmen' [2,+15] (+4) t) The Short Bow of Amrod (x4) (+12,+15) (+2) It increases your strength and constitution by 2. It provides resistance to electricity, fire and cold. It speeds your regenerative powers. It fires missiles with extra might. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Green Thunderlord on level 56 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. u) (nothing) v) (nothing) w) (nothing)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:58 AM   #363
Thomkal
Head Coach

Heh JAG, I'm playing ToME as well right now with a sorceror after rereading the challenge we did where we played with one. Got a "FumbleFingers" quest on level 1 to kill 20 Poltergeists, which are of course invisible and of course my level 1 nobody couldn't see them. So had to blindly manathrust whenever I ran into one-so it took an hour or so and killed 18 before I finally had to give up and go back to town. Got the Eru spellbook "See the Music" there which lets me see invisible. Made it much quicker and easier. And FF gave me +3 to my Magic skill which was sweet. Level 8 now after taking out the thieves quest and ready to see what awaits me on Level 2 of the dungeon.

I see you haven't put any points in sorcery-I'm doing what I did in the challenge-points in prayer, sorcery, spell-power, and magic-device. It's a testament to ToME that you can play the same class two very different ways and still find success.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #364
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Heh JAG, I'm playing ToME as well right now with a sorceror after rereading the challenge we did where we played with one. Got a "FumbleFingers" quest on level 1 to kill 20 Poltergeists, which are of course invisible and of course my level 1 nobody couldn't see them. So had to blindly manathrust whenever I ran into one-so it took an hour or so and killed 18 before I finally had to give up and go back to town. Got the Eru spellbook "See the Music" there which lets me see invisible. Made it much quicker and easier. And FF gave me +3 to my Magic skill which was sweet. Level 8 now after taking out the thieves quest and ready to see what awaits me on Level 2 of the dungeon.

I see you haven't put any points in sorcery-I'm doing what I did in the challenge-points in prayer, sorcery, spell-power, and magic-device. It's a testament to ToME that you can play the same class two very different ways and still find success.

Heh, that's brutal trying to kill invisible creatures in such a way. I think the town potion store sells either pots or scrolls of detect invisible though, that mightve been a way to go.

As a mage/sorc, I usually do the house quest before anything since you can pick up about 5 levels (depending on race) with minimal risk (and you can just restart if you botch it and die) and then be in better shape for surviving the first couple Princess quests.

Next time I play this kind of char, I'll probably go for full sorc skill points to access all the fun spells and have some spare skill points for other indulgences, but for now it is rather enjoyable actually having some hps.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #365
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Heh, that's brutal trying to kill invisible creatures in such a way. I think the town potion store sells either pots or scrolls of detect invisible though, that mightve been a way to go.

As a mage/sorc, I usually do the house quest before anything since you can pick up about 5 levels (depending on race) with minimal risk (and you can just restart if you botch it and die) and then be in better shape for surviving the first couple Princess quests.

Next time I play this kind of char, I'll probably go for full sorc skill points to access all the fun spells and have some spare skill points for other indulgences, but for now it is rather enjoyable actually having some hps.

yeah I had bought some scrolls of detect invisible, but since I knew I was going the Eru route I figured I'd get the first spell for that while I could. wasn't sure how the Eru spell worked, so the scrolls were insurance in case it didn't work the way I thought it would. I wasn't sure my manathrust would be strong enough to do the house quest right away so I put it off till I did the first level-would do the quest first now that I've tried it this way that's for sure.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #366
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I get to level 2 of the dungeon, and FF appears and tells me he lost his sword...to a bunch of Poltergeists! I think the quest RNG is broken...
Old 05-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #367
Thomkal
Head Coach

well it took me three or four redo's of level 2 before the elusive last poltergeist of 9 finally showed up, but at last I will be on my way to level 3. and thanks to FF for yet another +3 to my magic skill.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #368
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well ToME made it up to me for having to do multiple Poltergeist levels-next up after those was an easy princess kill 5 novice rangers level-the reward was a Robe of Permanence that sustains all my stats and gives me several resists with the biggie being life draining. Thank you Princess!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #369
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oops accidently killed the Princess with my Noxious Cloud spell, but not before she dropped Hard Leather Boots of Levitation-sorry about that Princess!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #370
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well ToME made it up to me for having to do multiple Poltergeist levels-next up after those was an easy princess kill 5 novice rangers level-the reward was a Robe of Permanence that sustains all my stats and gives me several resists with the biggie being life draining. Thank you Princess!

Wow, that's a terrific item to get that early.

I've been putzing around the bottom levels of Erebor looking for fountains of *healing* and killing Great Wyrms looking for useful items, but no luck there with either and I think I'll just carry on for now without them. Got a couple more guardians to try to kill for The One Ring before I have to dive through Angband.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #371
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Oops accidently killed the Princess with my Noxious Cloud spell, but not before she dropped Hard Leather Boots of Levitation-sorry about that Princess!

*clapclapclap*
Old 05-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #372
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

HAHAHA

Old 05-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #373
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

First time I've found the ring without diving Angband. To Mt. Doom!

Code:
[ToME 2.3.5 Character Sheet] Name : Mortari Age 90 STR! 39 Sex : Male Height 66 INT! 40 Race : Dark-Elf Weight 103 WIS! 40 Class : Sorceror Social Class 6 DEX! 39 Body : Player CON! 40 God : Eru Iluvatar CHR! 39 + To Melee Hit -35 Level 50 Hit Points 1520/ 1520 + To Melee Damage -49 Experience 14084411 Spell Points 1517/ 1517 + To Ranged Hit -7 Max Exp 14084411 Sanity 930/ 930 + To Ranged Damage 14 Exp to Adv. ***** Piety 47275 AC 22+123 Gold 1584405 Speed Fast (+20) (Miscellaneous Abilities) Fighting : Very Bad Perception : Fair Blows/Round: 4 Bows/Throw : Very Bad Searching : Poor Shots/Round: 1 Saving Throw: Superb Disarming : Good Mel.dmg/Rnd: 12d4-196 Stealth : Superb Magic Device: Excellent Infra-Vision: 80 feet Tactic: coward Explor: very slow (Character Background) You are one of several children of a Dark Elven Warrior. You have black eyes, straight black hair and a very dark complexion. [Miscellaneous information] Joke monsters: OFF Maximize mode: ON Preserve Mode: ON Autoscum: ON Small Levels: ON Arena Levels: ON Always unusual rooms: OFF Persistent Dungeons: OFF Recall Depth: Mirkwood: Level 33 (1650') Mordor: Level 66 (3300') Barrow-Downs: Level 10 (500') Cirith Ungol: Level 50 (2500') Heart of the Earth: Level 36 (1800') Orc Cave: Level 21 (1050') Erebor: Level 72 (3600') The Old Forest: Level 25 (1250') Moria: Level 50 (2500') Dol Guldur: Level 70 (3500') The Small Water Cave: Level 34 (1700') The Sacred Land Of Mountains: Level 70 (3500') The Land Of Rhun: Level 40 (2000') The Sandworm lair: Level 30 (1500') The Helcaraxe: Level 40 (2000') Your body is a Player. You are currently in the town of Lothlorien. You have defeated 6947 enemies. You saved Gondolin from destruction. You saved Bree from a dreadful Nazgul. You have completed 50 princess quests. You have completed 50 lost sword quests. You found none of the relic pieces. You started your adventure the 43rd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age. It is currently the 13th Quelle of the 2890th year of the third age. You have been adventuring for 27 days. adefkmnopsuxz{|@ Add Str : ....8...432..... Add Int : 3...8........1.. Add Wis : 3...8....3...1.+ Add Dex : ....8........... Add Con : ....8...432..... Add Chr : ....8........1.. Mul Mana : +..............+ Mul SPower: +............... Add Infra : 3............... Add Speed : .*.*.3...3...... Slay Evil : .............+.. Slay Und. : .............+.. Slay Drag.: .............+.. Fire Brand: .............+.. Sust Str : ................ Sust Int : +.....+......... Sust Wis : +..........+.... Sust Dex : ................ Sust Con : ......+......... Sust Chr : ................ Invisible : ................ Mul life : ......+........+ Sens Fire : +............... Reflect : ................ Free Act : ........+.+..... Hold Life : ..+..+.......... Imm Acid : ......+**....... Imm Elec : .......*.+...... Imm Fire : .+....*+.+.+.... Imm Cold : *.....+..+.+.... Res Pois : ...........+.... Res Fear : ................ Res Light : .....+...+...... Res Dark : .....+.........+ Res Blind : +........+...... Res Conf : .....+++++.+.... Res Sound : .......+++...... Res Shard : ......+......... Res Neth : ..+....+........ Res Nexus : .+.............. Res Chaos : .....+++++.+.... Res Disen : ...........+.... Aura Fire : .......+........ Auto Curse: ....+........... Levitate : ...........+.... Lite : .........+...... See Invis : +....+...+.....+ Digestion : .........+...... Regen : .........+...... Activate : .+...+...+...... Cursed : ....+........... Fly : .......+........ Climb : ..............+. Orc.ESP : .....+..+....... Skills (points left: 7) . Archery 01.000 [0.000] - Sneakiness 04.500 [0.900] . Stealth 04.900 [0.500] . Disarming 00.500 [0.000] - Magic 45.160 [1.200] . Magic-Device 15.500 [1.000] . Spell-power 50.000 [0.600] . Sorcery 01.000 [0.700] . Mana 50.000 [0.900] . Fire 50.000 [1.000] . Water 00.000 [1.000] . Air 00.000 [1.000] . Earth 27.000 [1.000] . Meta 00.000 [1.000] . Conveyance 36.000 [1.000] . Divination 24.000 [1.000] . Temporal 15.000 [1.000] . Mind 00.000 [1.000] . Nature 00.000 [1.000] . Necromancy 02.700 [0.900] . Runecraft 00.000 [0.900] . Thaumaturgy 08.100 [0.900] - Spirituality 14.300 [0.550] . Prayer 00.000 [0.500] - Monster-lore 00.000 [0.500] . Mimicry 01.000 [0.300] Abilities * Perfect casting [Fates] You are fated to find The Dagger 'Dethanc' on level 1. You may find a Mace on level 1. You may meet a Hill orc on level 7. You are fated to find a Ration of Food on level 1. You may find a Main Gauche on level 1. [Character Equipment] a) The Mage Staff of Forochel (3d4) (-12,-8)(60%) (+3 to infravision) It can be wielded two-handed. It increases your intelligence, wisdom, infravision and spell power by 3. It increases your mana capacity by 60%. It sustains your intelligence and wisdom. It provides immunity to cold. It provides resistance to blindness. It renders you especially vulnerable to fire. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying on the floor of a special level. d) The Light Crossbow 'Cubragol' (x3) (+10,+14) (+10) It can be activated for fire branding of bolts every 999 turns if it is being worn. It increases your speed by 10. It provides resistance to fire and nexus. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Wyrm of Balance on level 61 of Mordor. e) an Indestructible Ring of Nether Resistance f) a Ring of Speed (+12) k) an Amulet of Doom [+8] (+8) {cursed} It increases your strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution and charisma by 8. It is cursed. It cannot be dropped while cursed. It can re-curse itself. You found it lying on the ground on level 57 of Mordor. m) The Arkenstone of Thrain (+3) It can be activated for detection every 30+d30 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 3) forever. It increases your speed and luck by 3. It provides resistance to life draining, light, dark and chaos. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Swamp Wyrm on level 58 of Mordor. n) The Thunderlord Coat of Linginnar (-45,-47) [9,+10](40%) It increases your hit points by 40%. It sustains your intelligence and constitution. It provides immunity to fire. It provides resistance to acid, cold, confusion, shards and chaos. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. o) The Fur Cloak of Endim [3,+10] It provides immunity to acid and electricity. It provides resistance to fire, sound, nether and chaos. It allows you to fly. It produces a fiery sheath. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of The Watcher in the Water on level 34 of The Small Water Cave. p) The Small Metal Shield of Thorin [3,+25] (+4) It increases your strength and constitution by 4. It provides immunity to acid. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to sound and chaos. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 36 of The Land Of Rhun. s) The Golden Crown of Gondor [0,+15] (+3) It can be activated for heal 700 hit points every 250 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your strength, wisdom, constitution and speed by 3. It provides resistance to electricity, fire, cold, light, blindness, confusion, sound and chaos. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It slows your metabolism. It speeds your regenerative powers. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Ancalagon the Black on level 61 of Mordor. u) The Set of Leather Gloves 'Cambeleg' (+8,+8) [1,+15] (+2) It increases your strength and constitution by 2. It provides immunity to paralysis. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. x) The Pair of Metal Shod Boots 'Nenteluil' [6,+10] It sustains your wisdom. It provides resistance to fire, cold, poison , chaos and disenchantment. It allows you to levitate. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You bought it from the Footwear Shop. z) (nothing) {) The Bolt of Annil (1d5) (+11,+19) (+1) It increases your intelligence, wisdom and charisma by 1. It does extra damage from fire. It is especially deadly against dragons. It strikes at undead with holy wrath. It fights against evil with holy fury. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Swamp Wyrm on level 72 of Erebor. |) a Climbing Set [Character Inventory] a) 3 Fireproof Tomes of Magical Energy b) 2 Tomes of the Eternal Flame c) 2 Tomes of the Impenetrable Earth d) 2 Tomes of Translocation e) 2 Fireproof Tomes of Knowledge It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of Saruman of Many Colours on level 60 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. f) 2 Tomes of the Time g) 2 Spellbooks of Disarm h) 2 Sprigs of Athelas i) 7 Potions of Cure Insanity j) 19 Potions of Healing k) 4 Potions of *Healing* l) 9 Potions of Restore Mana m) 15 Scrolls of Teleportation n) 19 Scrolls of *Identify* {25% off} o) 16 Scrolls of Satisfy Hunger p) The Ring of Power 'The One Ring' (+15,+15)(100%) (+5) {cursed} It can be activated for powerful things if it is being worn. It grants you the power of change the world if it is being worn. It increases your strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution, charisma , speed and spell power by 5. It increases your mana capacity by 100% . It makes you invisible. It sustains your strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution and charisma. It provides immunity to acid, electricity, fire and cold. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to poison, blindness, nether and disenchantment . It allows you to see invisible monsters. It gives telepathic powers. It speeds your regenerative powers. It drains mana, life and experience. It is permanently cursed. It cannot be dropped while cursed. It can re-curse itself. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. q) The Anchor of Space-Time It provides light (radius 1) forever. It prevents the space-time continuum from being disrupted. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Greater basilisk on level 49 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. r) an Elven Cloak of Invisibility [4,+23] (+7) It increases your stealth, searching and luck by 7. It makes you invisible. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Hoarmurath of Dir on level 71 of Erebor. s) (nothing) t) (nothing) u) (nothing) v) (nothing) w) (nothing)
Old 05-13-2011, 05:05 AM   #374
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOLOL! Awesome JAG! hehehehehe that's so cool and the Arkenstone of Thrain too! Thorin'll be so pissed at you!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #375
Thomkal
Head Coach

Congrats and Good luck JAG! And I can't believe you haven't gone back to Level 1 to pick up all those treasures waiting for you there. I mean C'mon Man, how can you pass up a Ration of Food?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #376
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I always get the lamest fates.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #377
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Heh. Abe, have been reading the LotR ww game. OMG that poor hobbit! You're right about that! wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #378
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I chucked The Ring in the Great Fire (Mt Doom is a great stressful level with every really nasty monster in the game other than Q's) and managed to whack Sauron there, so all that was left was to dive Angband to kill Morgoth. At level 82, I got a Princess quest for Greater Rotting Q's (big sigh). Even worse, as I approach where they are, there are a number of co-aligned creatures hanging out there. Sure enough they wake up and the Q's happily fill the area with tons of greater undead. At this point, any sane person would reset the level and start this mess again...but I decided to meet the challenge head on. At one point my hps dropped to about 440/1500, so I decided to get away and heal up. I probability travel...

Right into a group of roughly 20 water hounds (this seems to be a recurring issue for me at the deeper Angband levels). The silly thing is I knew they were there and had sealed them in with stone, but didn't realize where I would land with my warp through the wall. I knew I was dead. "The water hound gestures fluidly...you are engulfed in a whirlpool!" (irresistible attack). Miraculously, I only had to take 2-3 before I ended up 90/1500 hps and was able to get away and recuperate. Closest call to death since the Orc Caves.

Now I'm on level 84, one away from the hardest of the special levels, Dim Gates, with tons of Q's of all sorts in horribly inconvenient places.

I don't have a char dump available, but Ive added a couple nice items, a randart mage staff and a ludicrous randart ring that gives +10 speed and constitution (almost the ideal combo for a mage).
Old 05-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #379
Thomkal
Head Coach

<---shudders at the thought of the more powerful Q's. Good luck on surviving them in Dim Gates.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #380
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Quick question:

In ZangbandTK is there any way to add more sounds, like a sound when you get hit? I seem to have a difficult time monitoring hit points when I am fighting a crowd of stuff, even with the progress window up.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #381
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

And Morgoth goes down (oddly the sheet isn't marked as a winner, but I killed him and have his crown in my inventory). Not much more drama in this one, other than I accidentally destroyed some spellbooks I had no replacements for (*smacks forehead*) and had to spend some time fighting a bunch of undead to get new ones. Morgoth wasn't too bad, he invoked The Hand of Doom once and knocked off 1k hps, but with reasonable healing, he just took a while to bring down.

I might take a go at the Void for the first time.

Code:
[ToME 2.3.5 Character Sheet] Name : Mortari Age 90 STR! 29 Sex : Male Height 66 INT! 40 Race : Dark-Elf Weight 103 WIS! 40 Class : Sorceror Social Class 6 DEX! 40 Body : Player CON! 40 God : Eru Iluvatar CHR! 31 + To Melee Hit -19 Level 50 Hit Points 1395/ 1520 + To Melee Damage -45 Experience 34192107 Spell Points 1380/ 2357 + To Ranged Hit -13 Max Exp 34192107 Sanity 827/ 930 + To Ranged Damage 14 Exp to Adv. ***** Piety 44136 AC 26+190 Gold 1779120 Speed Fast (+46) (Miscellaneous Abilities) Fighting : Very Bad Perception : Fair Blows/Round: 4 Bows/Throw : Very Bad Searching : Poor Shots/Round: 1 Saving Throw: Superb Disarming : Good Mel.dmg/Rnd: 4d4-180 Stealth : Legendary[17]Magic Device: Superb Infra-Vision: 50 feet Tactic: coward Explor: very slow (Character Background) You are one of several children of a Dark Elven Warrior. You have black eyes, straight black hair and a very dark complexion. [Miscellaneous information] Joke monsters: OFF Maximize mode: ON Preserve Mode: ON Autoscum: ON Small Levels: ON Arena Levels: ON Always unusual rooms: OFF Persistent Dungeons: OFF Recall Depth: Mirkwood: Level 33 (1650') Mordor: Level 66 (3300') Angband: Level 102 (5100') Barrow-Downs: Level 10 (500') Mount Doom: Level 99 (4950') Submerged Ruins: Level 50 (2500') Cirith Ungol: Level 50 (2500') Heart of the Earth: Level 36 (1800') Paths of the Dead: Level 70 (3500') Orc Cave: Level 21 (1050') Erebor: Level 72 (3600') The Old Forest: Level 25 (1250') Moria: Level 50 (2500') Dol Guldur: Level 70 (3500') The Small Water Cave: Level 34 (1700') The Sacred Land Of Mountains: Level 70 (3500') The Land Of Rhun: Level 40 (2000') The Sandworm lair: Level 30 (1500') The Helcaraxe: Level 40 (2000') Your body is a Player. You are currently on level 102 of Angband. You have defeated 9503 enemies. You destroyed the One Ring, thus weakening Sauron. You saved Gondolin from destruction. You saved Bree from a dreadful Nazgul. You have completed 72 princess quests. You have completed 72 lost sword quests. You saved Arda and became a famed King. You found none of the relic pieces. You started your adventure the 43rd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age. It is currently the 16th Quelle of the 2890th year of the third age. You have been adventuring for 30 days. adefkmnopsuxz{|@ Add Str : ........43...... Add Int : 5...2........1.. Add Wis : ..*.2....3...1.+ Add Dex : ..*.......4..... Add Con : ...*....43...... Add Chr : .............1.. Mul Mana : +...+..........+ Mul SPower: +............... Add Stea. : ..*............. Add Speed : .***.3...3...... Slay Evil : .............+.. Slay Und. : .............+.. Slay Drag.: .............+.. Fire Brand: .............+.. Sust Str : ...+............ Sust Int : +.+.+.+......... Sust Wis : +...+......+.... Sust Dex : ...+............ Sust Con : ......+......... Sust Chr : ...+............ Invisible : ...+............ Mul life : ......+........+ Sens Fire : ................ Reflect : ................ Free Act : +.......+.+..... Hold Life : ....++.......... Imm Acid : ......+**.+..... Imm Elec : .......*.+...... Imm Fire : .+....*+.+.+.... Res Cold : ......+..+.+.... Res Pois : ...........+.... Res Fear : ...+............ Res Light : .....+...+...... Res Dark : ..+..+.........+ Res Blind : +........+...... Res Conf : +.++.+++++.+.... Res Sound : .......+++...... Res Shard : ......+......... Res Neth : ..+....+........ Res Nexus : .+.............. Res Chaos : ..+..+++++.+.... Res Disen : ..++.......+.... Aura Fire : .......+........ Auto Curse: ....+........... Levitate : ...........+.... Lite : +...+....+...... See Invis : +..+.+...+.....+ Digestion : ....+....+...... Regen : ....+....++..... Activate : .+...+...++..... Cursed : ..............+. Hvy Curse : ....+........... Fly : +.+....+........ Climb : ..............+. Orc.ESP : .....+..+....... Evil.ESP : ....+........... Good.ESP : ....+........... Skills (points left: 7) . Archery 01.000 [0.000] - Sneakiness 04.500 [0.900] . Stealth 07.900 [0.500] . Disarming 00.500 [0.000] - Magic 48.760 [1.200] . Magic-Device 18.500 [1.000] . Spell-power 50.000 [0.600] . Sorcery 01.000 [0.700] . Mana 50.000 [0.900] . Fire 50.000 [1.000] . Water 00.000 [1.000] . Air 00.000 [1.000] . Earth 27.000 [1.000] . Meta 00.000 [1.000] . Conveyance 36.000 [1.000] . Divination 30.000 [1.000] . Temporal 15.000 [1.000] . Mind 00.000 [1.000] . Nature 00.000 [1.000] . Necromancy 02.700 [0.900] . Runecraft 00.000 [0.900] . Thaumaturgy 10.800 [0.900] - Spirituality 15.950 [0.550] . Prayer 00.000 [0.500] - Monster-lore 01.500 [0.500] . Mimicry 01.000 [0.300] Abilities * Perfect casting [Fates] You may meet a Rot jelly on level 81. You may find a Mace on level 1. You may meet a Hill orc on level 7. You are fated to find a Ration of Food on level 1. You may find a Main Gauche on level 1. You are fated to meet a Giant green frog on level 1. [Character Equipment] a) The Mage Staff of Teldil [Manathrust] (1d4) (+7,-2) [+7](100%) (+5) It can be wielded two-handed. It provides light (radius 1) forever. It has a spell stored inside. It increases your intelligence and spell power by 5. It increases your mana capacity by 100%. It sustains your intelligence and wisdom. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to blindness and confusion. It allows you to fly. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Demilich on level 81 of Angband. d) The Light Crossbow 'Cubragol' (x3) (+10,+14) (+10) It can be activated for fire branding of bolts every 999 turns if it is being worn. It increases your speed by 10. It provides resistance to fire and nexus. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Wyrm of Balance on level 61 of Mordor. e) The Ring of Lachoth (+13) It increases your wisdom, dexterity, stealth and speed by 13. It sustains your intelligence. It provides resistance to dark, nether, chaos and disenchantment. It allows you to fly. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying on the ground on level 89 of Angband. f) The Ring 'Antar' (+10) It increases your constitution and speed by 10. It makes you invisible. It sustains your strength, dexterity and charisma. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to confusion and disenchantment. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Wyrm of Thunder on level 71 of Angband. k) The Blue Stone 'Toris Mejistos'(40%) (+2) {cursed} It grants you the power of restore life if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 1) forever. It can be used to store a spell. It increases your intelligence, wisdom and luck by 2. It increases your mana capacity by 40%. It sustains your intelligence and wisdom. It provides resistance to life draining. It allows you to breathe underwater. It allows you to sense the presence of evil beings and good beings. It slows your metabolism. It speeds your regenerative powers. It is heavily cursed. It can re-curse itself. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Ar-Pharazon the Golden on level 50 of Submerged Ruins. m) The Arkenstone of Thrain (+3) It can be activated for detection every 30+d30 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 3) forever. It increases your speed and luck by 3. It provides resistance to life draining, light, dark and chaos. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Swamp Wyrm on level 58 of Mordor. n) The Thunderlord Coat of Linginnar (-45,-47) [9,+10](40%) It increases your hit points by 40%. It sustains your intelligence and constitution. It provides immunity to fire. It provides resistance to acid, cold, confusion, shards and chaos. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. o) The Fur Cloak of Endim [3,+10] It provides immunity to acid and electricity. It provides resistance to fire, sound, nether and chaos. It allows you to fly. It produces a fiery sheath. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of The Watcher in the Water on level 34 of The Small Water Cave. p) The Small Metal Shield of Thorin [3,+25] (+4) It increases your strength and constitution by 4. It provides immunity to acid. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to sound and chaos. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 36 of The Land Of Rhun. s) The Golden Crown of Gondor [0,+15] (+3) It can be activated for heal 700 hit points every 250 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your strength, wisdom, constitution and speed by 3. It provides resistance to electricity, fire, cold, light, blindness, confusion, sound and chaos. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It slows your metabolism. It speeds your regenerative powers. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Ancalagon the Black on level 61 of Mordor. u) The Set of Cesti of Fingolfin (+10,+10) [5,+20] (+4) It can be activated for arrows (150) every 90+d90 turns if it is being worn. It grants you the power of magic missile if it is being worn. It increases your dexterity and luck by 4. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to acid. It speeds your regenerative powers. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Swamp Wyrm on level 58 of Mordor. x) The Pair of Metal Shod Boots 'Nenteluil' [6,+10] It sustains your wisdom. It provides resistance to fire, cold, poison , chaos and disenchantment. It allows you to levitate. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You bought it from the Footwear Shop. z) (nothing) {) The Bolt of Annil (1d5) (+11,+19) (+1) It increases your intelligence, wisdom and charisma by 1. It does extra damage from fire. It is especially deadly against dragons. It strikes at undead with holy wrath. It fights against evil with holy fury. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Swamp Wyrm on level 72 of Erebor. |) a Climbing Set {cursed} [Character Inventory] a) a Fireproof Tome of Magical Energy b) a Tome of Magical Energy c) 4 Tomes of the Eternal Flame d) a Fireproof Tome of the Impenetrable Earth e) 2 Tomes of the Impenetrable Earth f) 3 Tomes of Translocation g) 3 Fireproof Tomes of Knowledge It cannot be harmed by fire. You found it in the remains of Saruman of Many Colours on level 60 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. h) 5 Tomes of the Time i) 7 Sprigs of Athelas j) a Potion of Cure Insanity k) 17 Potions of Healing l) 12 Potions of *Healing* m) a Potion of Life n) 19 Potions of Restore Mana o) 15 Scrolls of *Identify* {25% off} p) 9 Scrolls of Remove Curse q) 11 Scrolls of Satisfy Hunger r) The Anchor of Space-Time It provides light (radius 1) forever. It prevents the space-time continuum from being disrupted. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Greater basilisk on level 49 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. s) The Robe of Great Luck [-30,+7] (+60) It increases your luck by 60. It provides immunity to paralysis. It drains mana and life. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Trone, the Rebel Thunderlord on level 70 of The Sacred Land Of Mountains. t) The Massive Iron Crown of Morgoth [0,+0] (+125) {cursed} It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution, charisma and infravision by 125. It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire , cold, poison, light, dark, confusion, nether and nexus. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It gives telepathic powers. It is permanently cursed. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Morgoth, Lord of Darkness on level 102 of Angband. u) The Pair of Soft Leather Boots of Wormtongue (-10,-10) [2,+10] (+3) It grants you the power of panic hit if it is being worn. It increases your intelligence, dexterity, charisma, stealth, searching and speed by 3. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to light and dark. It allows you to levitate. It allows you to sense the presence of good beings and unique beings. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 99 of Angband. v) The Pair of Soft Leather Boots 'Dal-i-thalion' [2,+15] (+5) It can be activated for remove fear and cure poison every 5 turns if it is being worn. It increases your dexterity and charisma by 5. It sustains your constitution and charisma. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to confusion, nether and chaos. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. w) 71 Empty Bottles
Old 05-18-2011, 06:10 AM   #382
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

nice JAG, has he retired yet?

I got the 2.3.5 tome working again. altho I think there are glitches. When i move across town, sometimes i see multiple @ in the line.

I finally found a windows version of nethack. hahaha! that was the one i played a lot in college.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #383
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post
Quick question:

In ZangbandTK is there any way to add more sounds, like a sound when you get hit? I seem to have a difficult time monitoring hit points when I am fighting a crowd of stuff, even with the progress window up.

I don't know if there is a way to add more sounds or not, but there is a setting in most Angband variants to give you a warning on screen when your hit points fall below a certain percentage. I have mine at 20% personally. I just checked ZangbandTK, and if you go into options (=key) and then click other, you will then see Base Hitpoint Warning.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #384
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yay JAG, congrats! You might as well try the Void right? My sorcerer is slowly (very slowly) tooling along, most of the level quests have been easy-but had a bit of a scare when I got Mughash on one level-and from where I started on the level I had no choice but to take him on first, or go back up. Stayed and two nicely placed Manathrusts finished him off. Princess only gave me weapon rewards though, so not that thrilling a victory.

Last edited by Thomkal : 05-18-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #385
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yay JAG, congrats! You might as well try the Void right? My sorcerer is slowly (very slowly) tooling along, most of the level quests have been easy-but had a bit of a scare when I got Mughash on one level-and from where I started on the level I had no choice but to take him on first, or go back up. Stayed and two nicely placed Manathrusts finished him off. Princess only gave me weapon rewards though, so not that thrilling a victory.

Yeah, I'll gie it a go. Probably will do a bit more prep work too.

This is also the first game I ever found the Blood of Life (potion that allows you to survive one death).
Old 05-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #386
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

For those wondering what The Void is:

The Void is where you banish Morgoth's spirit after "killing" him in Angband. It's a big, mostly empty dungeon full of not only lots of ancient dragons, demons, and other fun stuff, but also the Spirits, which can be found nowhere else and are just itching to kill you.
In addition, there's no air, meaning that without proper equipment you're apt to suffocate, there aren't any precious walls to block mass summoning spells, the monsters there can reach level 150 (monsters in Angband only get up to around level 115), and on the second-to-last level is a portal to the Nether Realm, a burning wasteland full of pits of level 150 demons, at the bottom of which lurks Tik'srvzllat ("Tikki" for short), whom you must kill before fighting your way BACK out of the Nether Realm and into the Void for a final showdown with Morgoth. Oh yeah, and you can't recall, so you have to do it all in one shot. Scared yet?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #387
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yay JAG!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #388
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
For those wondering what The Void is:

The Void is where you banish Morgoth's spirit after "killing" him in Angband. It's a big, mostly empty dungeon full of not only lots of ancient dragons, demons, and other fun stuff, but also the Spirits, which can be found nowhere else and are just itching to kill you.
In addition, there's no air, meaning that without proper equipment you're apt to suffocate, there aren't any precious walls to block mass summoning spells, the monsters there can reach level 150 (monsters in Angband only get up to around level 115), and on the second-to-last level is a portal to the Nether Realm, a burning wasteland full of pits of level 150 demons, at the bottom of which lurks Tik'srvzllat ("Tikki" for short), whom you must kill before fighting your way BACK out of the Nether Realm and into the Void for a final showdown with Morgoth. Oh yeah, and you can't recall, so you have to do it all in one shot. Scared yet?

Very
Old 05-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #389
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay so I'm continuing to play ToME, and I've made it to the orc caves and I drop down to the next level and I hear the sound of a little bell-its a town level! My first one! So I eagerly make my way to the stores and find none of the eight will buy anything I have to sell...bummer! And these stores have such great stuff too, most of which I can't afford or can't use-if only I could sell some stuff! So I walk into the next to last store and what is it?...Dragon Scale Mail Store! waaaah! As a sorcerer, I probably couldn't wear any of it anyway, but the cheapest is over 40000 gold so I can't buy it anyway. Waaah! And lets not talk about the Book Store I had to walk out of with no purchases....
Old 05-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #390
Thomkal
Head Coach

I shouldn't have walked into the last store after all that heartbreak, but I did and what is it? A speed ring store! 5 rings with the highest bonus being +11 and the cheapest just over 200000 gold. :::wipes up drool::: I had to settle for buying metal shod boots (6,+8) of Dwarven Endurance for just over 16000 gold. Couldn't pass up the +4 to STR and CON given that I'm a wimpy sorceror with a low STR and sucking up hit points by taking skill points in sorcery.

Last edited by Thomkal : 05-22-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #391
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I shouldn't have walked into the last store after all that heartbreak, but I did and what is it? A speed ring store! 5 rings with the highest bonus being +11 and the cheapest just over 200000 gold. :::wipes up drool::: I had to settle for buying metal shod boots (6,+8) of Dwarven Endurance for just over 16000 gold. Couldn't pass up the +4 to STR and CON given that I'm a wimpy sorceror with a low STR and sucking up hit points by taking skill points in sorcery.

*cough* there's a reason there's a 'steal' option in the store options *cough* The smaller things are, the easier they are to steal. Like, say.....a bunch of rings.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #392
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heh

Old 05-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #393
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
*cough* there's a reason there's a 'steal' option in the store options *cough* The smaller things are, the easier they are to steal. Like, say.....a bunch of rings.

Hey that's a great idea thesloppy! I don't steal from stores normally, so forgot I could do that here since it won't matter if these stores close...
Old 05-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #394
Thomkal
Head Coach

...tried to steal a ring of speed...fail! ...tried to steal a ring of lightning (+15)...success! ...tried to steal an indestructible amulet of charisma...fail! just for the heck of it, a Light Axe (Defender)...fail! Just for the heck of it, a Broad Sword of *Slay Troll*....success! And finally just for the heck of it, a Law Dragon Scale Mail...failure.

But thanks for the idea sloppy-that was a fun few minutes.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #395
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Good try! I do pretty much the same thing with town levels....can't sell anything, usually can't afford anything, and don't really care if the stores shut down. It's a recipe for looting!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #396
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Good try! I do pretty much the same thing with town levels....can't sell anything, usually can't afford anything, and don't really care if the stores shut down. It's a recipe for looting!

I'm just a lawful kind of guy, what can I say? I just figure sooner or later, I'll need a particular store to be open. Speaking of stores-I went back to Bree after my stealing attempts then back down to the orc caves dungeon level I was on-and the store/town is still there! Ya didn't tell me that would happen before I went stealing everything lol.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #397
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Nice Thomkal, thats a great group of stores for your char. Even if you can't afford the prices now, you'll be swimming in more money than you know what to do with before long (I think I'm at 1.8 million) and you can go back when you have additional funds. Those boots are a terrific find as well. You should post a char dump when you get a chance.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #398
Thomkal
Head Coach

Code:
[ToME 2.3.5 Character Sheet] Name : Alfwin Age 86 STR: 13 Sex : Male Height 30 INT: 23 Race : Dark-Elf Weight 99 WIS: 18 Class : Sorceror Social Class 9 DEX: 18 Body : Player CON: 17 God : Eru Iluvatar CHR: 14 + To Melee Hit -8 Level 22 Hit Points 118/ 118 + To Melee Damage -11 Experience 12727 Spell Points 252/ 252 + To Ranged Hit -9 Max Exp 12727 Sanity 148/ 148 + To Ranged Damage 5 Exp to Adv. 15120 Piety 15584 AC 14+61 Gold 20555 Speed Fast (+4) (Miscellaneous Abilities) Fighting : Very Bad Perception : Very Bad Blows/Round: 1 Bows/Throw : Very Bad Searching : Very Bad Shots/Round: 1 Saving Throw: Excellent Disarming : Fair Mel.dmg/Rnd: 1d4-11 Stealth : Bad Magic Device: Superb Infra-Vision: 90 feet Tactic: coward Explor: running (Character Background) You are one of several children of a Dark Elven Warrior. You have black eyes, curly black hair and a very dark complexion. [Miscellaneous information] Joke monsters: OFF Maximize mode: ON Preserve Mode: ON Autoscum: ON Small Levels: ON Arena Levels: ON Always unusual rooms: OFF Persistent Dungeons: OFF Recall Depth: Barrow-Downs: Level 10 (500') Orc Cave: Level 13 (650') A lost temple: Level 5 (250') Your body is a Player. You are currently on level 13 of Orc Cave. You have defeated 2198 enemies. You have completed seven princess quests. You have completed seven lost sword quests. You found 1 of the relic pieces. You started your adventure the 43rd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age. It is currently the 3rd Enderi of the 2890th year of the third age. You have been adventuring for 14 days. adefkmnopsuxz{|@ Add Str : .1.........4.... Add Wis : ...............+ Add Con : ...........4.... Mul Mana : ...............+ Add Stea. : .......2........ Add Infra : ...........4.... Add Tun.. : ..............2. Slay Troll: .+.............. Sust Str : .+....+......... Sust Int : ......+......... Sust Wis : ......+......... Sust Dex : ......+......... Sust Con : ......+......... Sust Chr : ......+......... Invisible : ................ Mul life : ................ Sens Fire : ................ Reflect : ................ Free Act : ...+............ Hold Life : ......+......... Res Acid : ......+......... Res Elec : ..+...+......... Res Fire : ......+.+....... Res Cold : ......+......... Res Pois : ................ Res Fear : ................ Res Light : ......+......... Res Dark : ...........+...+ Res Blind : ................ Res Conf : ................ Res Sound : ................ Res Shard : ................ Res Neth : ................ Res Nexus : ................ Res Chaos : ................ Res Disen : ................ See Invis : ...............+ Digestion : ....+........... Regen : .+.............. Activate : ..+............. Troll.ESP : .+.............. Skills (points left: 0) . Archery 01.000 [0.000] - Sneakiness 01.800 [0.900] . Stealth 03.000 [0.400] . Disarming 01.500 [0.300] - Magic 30.904 [1.200] . Magic-Device 18.500 [1.000] . Spell-power 21.000 [0.600] . Sorcery 17.800 [0.700] . Mana 01.800 [0.900] . Fire 00.000 [1.000] . Water 00.000 [1.000] . Air 00.000 [1.000] . Earth 00.000 [1.000] . Meta 00.000 [1.000] . Conveyance 00.000 [1.000] . Divination 00.000 [1.000] . Temporal 00.000 [1.000] . Mind 00.000 [1.000] . Nature 00.000 [1.000] . Necromancy 00.000 [0.900] . Runecraft 00.000 [0.900] . Thaumaturgy 00.000 [0.900] - Spirituality 13.640 [0.550] . Prayer 26.500 [0.500] . Monster-lore 00.000 [0.500] Abilities * Perfect casting [Character Equipment] a) a Mage Staff (1d4) (+3,+7) d) a Small Wooden Boomerang of *Slay Troll* (1d4) (+1,+5) (+1) It increases your strength by 1. It is especially deadly against trolls. It sustains your strength. It allows you to sense the presence of trolls. It speeds your regenerative powers. You bought it from the Weaponsmith. e) a Ring of Lightning [+15] {100% off} It can be activated for ball of lightning and resist lightning every 50+d50 turns if it is being worn. It provides resistance to electricity. It cannot be harmed by electricity. You stole it from the Rare Jewelry Shop. f) a Ring of Free Action It provides immunity to paralysis. You bought it from the Black Market. k) an Amulet of Slow Digestion It slows your metabolism. You bought it from the Magic shop. m) a Brass Lantern of Boldness (with 4588 turns of light) {50% off} It grants you the power of remove fear if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 2) when fueled. It cannot be harmed by fire. You bought it from the General Store. n) a Robe of Permanence [2,+7] It sustains your strength, intelligence, wisdom, dexterity, constitution and charisma. It provides resistance to life draining, acid, electricity, fire, cold and light. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. o) a Cloak of Stealth [1,+8] (+2 to stealth) p) a Small Metal Shield of Resist Fire [3,+6] {cursed} s) a Hard Leather Cap [2,+0] u) (nothing) x) a Pair of Metal Shod Boots of Dwarvish Endurance [6,+8] (+4 to infravision) It increases your strength, constitution and infravision by 4. It provides resistance to dark. You bought it from the Footwear Shop. z) (nothing) {) (nothing) |) a Shovel of Digging (+2) It increases your ability to tunnel by 2. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You bought it from the General Store. [Character Inventory] a) a Book of Beginner Cantrips {25% off} b) a Spellbook of Listen to the Music c) a Spellbook of See the Music {25% off} d) a Spellbook of Noxious Cloud {75% off} e) 16 Mushrooms of Cure Serious Wounds {100% off} f) 5 Flasks of oil g) 4 Metallic Purple Potions of Speed h) 5 Scrolls of Teleportation {50% off} i) a Scroll of Word of Recall {25% off} j) a Wooden Rod of Trap Location (4/10) k) a Golden Rod of Recall (125/125) l) a Wooden Boomerang (1d8) m) (nothing) n) (nothing) o) (nothing) p) (nothing) q) (nothing) r) (nothing) s) (nothing) t) (nothing) u) (nothing) v) (nothing) w) (nothing) [Home Inventory - Bree ] a) 2 Books of Beginner Cantrips {25% off} b) a Book of Teleportation c) a Book of Summoning d) a Spellbook of Lay of Protection e) 2 Spellbooks of Know the Music f) 2 Spellbooks of Listen to the Music g) 2 Spellbooks of See the Music {25% off} h) Kelek's Wormhole Machine i) Tenser's Alteration Manual j) Mordekainen's Pocket Magician k) a Blue Box l) The Clay Tablets of Antiquity m) Raal's Tormented Spirits n) The Grail of Kenault o) The Eye of Vecna p) The Immortal Skull of Benetar q) a Heavy Teaspoon r) 5 Indigo Potions of Cure Critical Wounds s) 2 Potions of Restore Life Levels {75% off} t) a Banyan Staff of Remove Curses[2|15] (9 charges) u) a Transparent Ring of Invisibility v) a Plain Ring of Spell w) a Parchment - Adventurer's Guide to Middle-earth x) a Parchment - Khuzdul - The Hidden Tongue of the Dwarves
Old 05-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #399
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
the store/town is still there! Ya didn't tell me that would happen before I went stealing everything lol.

Hehe. Sorry about that....they'll open back up eventually, for whatever it's worth.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #400
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I know this isn't Angband, but thought I'd share.

I'm playing Nethack and figured I'd go with a dwarven Valkyrie. Go down to the Mines and things are going well until I hit a polymorph trap. I get turned into a floating eye, but when my pet hits it, he turns into a Master Mind Flayer! Score! So I find another polymorph trap and turn into a fire giant, and start pummeling things. Up until... A umber hulk confuses Fido the Master Mind Flayer who turns and sucks my brain...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote