Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #351
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I sat there last night laughing my ass off watching all those hits.

Me too, buddy.

RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #352
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah, it allowed me to continue my laughter from when the Mets were lighting up a guy who was specifically brought in because he's so "dominant" against us.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #353
Galaxy
Coordinator

How long is Wagner out?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #354
JS19
College Prospect

day to day, but you never really know when it comes to these arm problems. So besides Wagner, they could already use some bullpen help, as well as an OF, so i think it's pretty safe to say Martinez is on his way out, I just hop Omar can trick somebody that he is worth more than he is and get the most out of him.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

looks like the Mets we know and love are back.

Myers is walking the park and they have 3 runs and guys up there hacking at the first pitch.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #356
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and Reyes bails Maine out!!
Old 07-31-2008, 12:54 PM   #357
General Mike
Pro Starter

Do something Omar, or you'll be right behind Schoenweis on my list of people to punch in the face.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #358
Logan
Head Coach

I think they're going to stand pat. With the recent trades made, the team has some top high-end prospects who are close (Martinez, Niese) and some more high-potential guys who could reach that level in a couple years. There is very little in the middle, the kinds of guys you need to acquire a reliever or a spare outfielder. All those guys are on Minnesota, Florida, etc now. I don't believe Bay is worth both Martinez and Niese, and don't think the organization should be stripped of its top talent to get him. And no way in hell am I giving up either of those guys for Raul Ibanez.

The play seems to be to get Church back healthy and hope Tatis can continue to produce. By waiting into August, there's a chance we could grab someone either off waivers or once they clear.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #359
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

Carlos Beltran's early call: Mets are the team to beat

By ADAM RUBIN
daily news sports writer

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 6:02 PM PORT ST. LUCIE - The most soft-spoken Met made the biggest noise at camp so far with a pronouncement that should make him public enemy No. 1 in Philadelphia, leapfrogging Terrell Owens and J.D. Drew.

After revealing that he'll likely miss the beginning of the Grapefruit League season because of surgery to clean both knees, and just a minute after Beltran insisted he's going to remain his quiet self, Beltran said in response to a harmless inquiry about Johan Santana's addition:

"Let me tell you this: Without Santana, we felt as a team we have a chance to win in our division. With him now, I have no doubt that we're going to win in our division. I have no doubt in that.

"We've got what it takes. We have good chemistry as a team. He fits great because he's a great guy. He's one of the best pitchers in the game. Who doesn't want to have him on any ballclub? Without him last year we did good, until the end of the season. So this year, to Jimmy Rollins, we are the team to beat."

Done. Good luck with the wildcard race.

Signed,

Jimmy Rollins and the 2008 Philadelphia Phillies (Back-to-Back NL East Division Champions)

Last edited by RedKingGold : 09-27-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #360
Logan
Head Coach

Maybe this is the year you win a playoff game.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #361
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

Perhaps. At least the Mets have a few extra weeks to decide which free agent to blow $100 million on. Isn't Mo Vaughn still around?

BTW, good luck with Minaya. Looks like he'll be around for awhile. I mean, his sterling record certainly means he should keep his job. "shrug"

Last edited by RedKingGold : 09-27-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #362
Logan
Head Coach

Considering we just spent $137.5MM on the guy who should win the Cy Young, I'll take our chances.

Thanks for counting us out though.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #363
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Considering we just spent $137.5MM on the guy who should win the Cy Young, I'll take our chances.

Thanks for counting us out though.

Hey, I did say good luck with the wildcard race.

Can Johan pitch on one day's rest?
Old 09-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #364
Logan
Head Coach

Johan has shown he can do anything.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #365
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Visit us again when the Phillies, or any Philadelphia team actualy wins something.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #366
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Visit us again when the Phillies, or any Philadelphia team actualy wins something.

They did. The NL East. That's something, right?

In case you haven't heard, the Met's haven't won that for at least a few years now.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #367
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Mets up 3 1/2 in the NL East on September 10th. I guess blowing a 3 1/2 game lead in 17 days isn't quite the same as a 7 game lead though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:14 PM   #368
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
They did. The NL East. That's something, right?

In case you haven't heard, the Met's haven't won that for at least a few years now.

Fans like you are the reason people think all philly fans are clowns. Big deal, they won the NL east.

I really wanted to give the Phillies credit because they were clutch down the stretch, but you make it impossible.

Have fun losing in the first round again
Old 09-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #369
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Fans like you are the reason people think all philly fans are clowns. Big deal, they won the NL east.

I really wanted to give the Phillies credit because they were clutch down the stretch, but you make it impossible.

Does Lathum want the biddy? Aww...Lathum want the biddy.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #370
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Mets up 3 1/2 in the NL East on September 10th. I guess blowing a 3 1/2 game lead in 17 days isn't quite the same as a 7 game lead though.

Shouldn't have had a 3.5 game lead then. The bullpen was bad to begin with; the fact that they have a shot at the playoffs after losing Wagner is remarkable.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #371
RedKingGold
College Starter

I'll agree with that. I give the Mets a hell of a lot of credit for not packing it in when Manuel was fired, and again when Wagner started playing like shit and got injured, and again when the rest of the world realized that the Mets 08' bullpen was like the Phils 07' bullpen.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #372
RedKingGold
College Starter

And, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Mets win tomorrow and at least force a playoff. I think Santana's performance gave a lift to the entire team (and why I think the Phils needed to clinch today.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #373
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It was Randolph that got fired.

The Mets are going to have to hit tomorrow, I just dont trust Perez in that spot to put up zeros.

Dont forget Maine got hurt which forced the Mets to go with some young inexperienced starters in big spots and Maine showed last year he can pitch in big games.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #374
Logan
Head Coach

This idea that the Mets can't possibly bring Manuel back if they don't make the playoffs is laughable. They better give him a deal, the team loves him.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #375
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This idea that the Mets can't possibly bring Manuel back if they don't make the playoffs is laughable. They better give him a deal, the team loves him.

What he said.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:03 AM   #376
JimboJ
High School Varsity

Anyone see the sign at the Phillies game today that said "International symbol for choking" and had the Mets logo below it? Loved it!!!
JimboJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:56 AM   #377
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboJ View Post
Anyone see the sign at the Phillies game today that said "International symbol for choking" and had the Mets logo below it? Loved it!!!

whatever.

do Phillies fans realize they got swept out of the first round last year?
Old 09-28-2008, 03:41 AM   #378
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

It's sad when a defense is "what happened to your team after they beat my team"...
Old 09-28-2008, 06:24 AM   #379
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
It's sad when a defense is "what happened to your team after they beat my team"...

Or, that that same defense has been used multiple times in this thread? I guess Mets fans are too busy choking for originality.

My dad can beat your dad!

Last edited by RedKingGold : 09-28-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #380
Logan
Head Coach

Sorry, some of us don't take a lot of pride with hanging a division title banner when you ultimately get nothing from it. But that's what happens when you have a city that doesn't win shit...the little things are huge!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #381
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Sorry, some of us don't take a lot of pride with hanging a division title banner when you ultimately get nothing from it. But that's what happens when you have a city that doesn't win shit...the little things are huge!

So you are talking shit about Phillies fans when your team last won a championship when you were 3 years old? How many series have they won that you remember? How can you take pride in the Mets titles when you were 3 years old for the most recent, and not even a thought when the first one happened?
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #382
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
So you are talking shit about Phillies fans when your team last won a championship when you were 3 years old? How many series have they won that you remember? How can you take pride in the Mets titles when you were 3 years old for the most recent, and not even a thought when the first one happened?

What the hell are you talking about? Who's bringing up history besides the phillies guys with last year? Yes...despite me being 3 when they last won a title, I don't take pride in my teams winning anything but a championship, especially when you're a team that can afford to be relevant every year.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #383
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? Who's bringing up history besides the phillies guys with last year? Yes...despite me being 3 when they last won a title, I don't take pride in my teams winning anything but a championship, especially when you're a team that can afford to be relevant every year.

Just stop talking. You're giving Mets fans a bad name.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #384
Comey
College Starter

To be perfectly honest, I admire the Mets for sticking around as long as they did. They were beat up (Luis Ayala as the closer? Ick.), down for the count...and yet, they continued to answer the bell.

Yeah, they ran out of gas at the end (too many guys nicked up), but it was a damn good run. I definitely have appreciated the rivalry the two teams have been able to rekindle the past few years.

Last year, I was really, really happy that the Mets blew it. This day last year was one of the happiest days of my life. This year, I'm a little sad that they didn't make it (I'd rather have two NL East teams than the frickin Brewers). But, and I'm a little surprised at the Phillies fans coming in here and talking trash, I know better because I know how often Philly ever comes through in these situations.

Granted, the Mets have been no better over the last several years...but if they had made it, I'd have been rooting for a Mets/Phils NLCS, for sure.

All of this, as I'm sure you assume, comes from a Phils fan. I hope they stay good next year, so this rivalry can continue (because, let's be honest...will the other three times have a shot?)

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #385
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Thrilled the Brewers made it over the Mets. Good for the Phillies as well.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #386
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Mets fans can relax. This offseason is going to be unfuckingbelieveable.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #387
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Mets fans can relax. This offseason is going to be unfuckingbelieveable.

Get some bullpen help, to start with.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #388
General Mike
Pro Starter

I packed it in months ago. It doesn't matter what team I root for, they will find a way to break my heart.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #389
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Just stop talking. You're giving Mets fans a bad name.

Please explain to me what I said that's so bad.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Please explain to me what I said that's so bad.

nothing. He has been trolling in this thread for a long time. Like you said unless they win a title it doesnt mean shit ( I was 11 when the Mets won so I think I am allowed to say that). It really is pathetic that instead of taking joy in what his team accomplished he takes more joy in the fact the Mets didn't make it, but that is typical of a Philly fan. It is also sad that he has to cling to the little things because even he knows this time next week they may be sitting home also.

COmey put it perfectly, I really am enjoying the rivalry.

I'm not dissapointed the Mets didnt make it because we weren't going anywhere even if we did make it. The way it came down sucks but I am more dissapointed there are no more Mets games to watch until next April. Living in Seattle it was nice to have that little piece of home everyday.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #391
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
nothing. He has been trolling in this thread for a long time. Like you said unless they win a title it doesnt mean shit ( I was 11 when the Mets won so I think I am allowed to say that). It really is pathetic that instead of taking joy in what his team accomplished he takes more joy in the fact the Mets didn't make it, but that is typical of a Philly fan. It is also sad that he has to cling to the little things because even he knows this time next week they may be sitting home also.

COmey put it perfectly, I really am enjoying the rivalry.

I'm not dissapointed the Mets didnt make it because we weren't going anywhere even if we did make it. The way it came down sucks but I am more dissapointed there are no more Mets games to watch until next April. Living in Seattle it was nice to have that little piece of home everyday.

Agreed on all. I have no problem with the Phillies. My brother in law is a fan, one of my best friends is too...I'm happy for them. Plus guys like Utley and Howard are easy to root for, and I'm glad Lidge seems to have come back from his issues of a few years ago.

Jimmy Rollins, on the other hand, is a d-bag, and I think it's hilarious that RKG sweats him so hard when Rollins ripped on the entire fanbase. Actually, it's fitting that one d-bag loves another.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #392
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
He has been trolling in this thread for a long time.

This sums it up and is all that really needs to be said. The thread stayed on topic for over 5 pages and then a douchebag philly fan comes in showing why their fans are widely considered the worst of all the major US sports.

Ignore him. Let him get pissed that no one is responding to his douchebagery and move on.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #393
RedKingGold
College Starter

*snicker*

You guys are just too easy.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #394
RedKingGold
College Starter

dola

If you actually "read" some of my posts, you'd see that I was actually applauding the Mets for what was a good season in tough situations. They fired their manager and had a bullpen that probably was one of the worst in the major leagues (as an aforementioned Philly fan, I can relate), yet were still in it until the last game.

Truthfully, there were multiple seasons where the Phillies just missed getting in with a game or two out.

But, go ahead and call me a "troll" and say things like "douchebag Philly fans, come back when you win something" multiple times.

We'll see you next year.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #395
RedKingGold
College Starter

I solemnly swear to never, ever, ever post in this thread again.

However...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
whatever.

do Phillies fans realize they got swept out of the first round last year?

Quote:

GO PHILLIES! 2008 WORLD CHAMPS!

There, now I'm done.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 10-30-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #396
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

that was your one shot.

I will hold you to your promise.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #397
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

an't we all just get along?

Go Phils!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 AM   #398
Logan
Head Coach

Like I said originally, I'm one of the few who has no problem with the Phillies winning (or Phillies fans in general, my issue was always RKG threadcrapping here). In fact, I sent my brother in law a congratulatory text saying how happy I was for him, and he responded with "you, your brother, and your dad all said the same thing...to have family like that means more to me than the phils winning"...I mean, come on...how can you not be cool with it?
Old 10-30-2008, 01:07 PM   #399
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I can't wait until "we" have a rivalry strong enough (and team good enough) to even care about threadcrapping on the mets or phils.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #400
Captain2711
High School JV

Just following ESPN's lead and looking forward to next year. Their current MLB scoreboard has the Mets vs Cincy. Less than 4 months til pitchers and catchers. Keep the faith

Last edited by Captain2711 : 10-30-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Captain2711 is offline   Reply With Quote