Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #351
spleen1015
Coordinator

Yeah, I wouldn't make that trade. I don't think it makes you any better.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #352
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Ok- settles that, my calculations based on seasons projections from various websites had Jackson + Wallace around 500 points (250 each), and Johnson (315) + Britt (or Lloyd- 215) at 535ish. So total point wise I would be in a better spot based on those projections- but it was giving up the depth that scared me. So I'll stay put for now...
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #353
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I ended up taking Rice 2nd in a PPR league also. 14 teams, 19-man rosters, PPR, all TDs are 6 points (passing, running, receiving)

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Jahvid Best
WR: Santana Moss
WR: Johnny Knox
WR: Davone Bess
TE: Dallas Clark
RB/WR/TE Flex: BenJarvus Green-Ellis
K: Ryan Longwell
D/ST: Atlanta

Bench:
QB: Matt Hasselbeck
RB: Ronnie Brown
RB: Montario Hardesty
RB: Maurice Morris
WR: Alexander Denario
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Jordan Shipley
TE: Ben Watson

I typically such at fantasy football but this team has torn up the league the first two weeks. Brady, Rice, Best, Nelson, Moss, and Green-Ellis have all been great values where I got them. And I was about to cut Denario after his 0 last week and he explodes last night. So a lot of WR depth has emerged - I'm still shaky as crap with RB depth, but in a league with rosters so deep, that's not fatal.

Last edited by molson : 09-20-2011 at 01:31 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #354
lungs
Pro Rookie

With the Cowboys receiving situation, I know some say pick up Kevin Ogletree. But after watching the game wouldn't Jesse Holley be worth a flyer while I wait to see what Dez Bryant's situation turns out to be?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #355
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So I just got offered Dwayne Bowe for Jahvid Best.

Would leave me with Gore/Rice/Tate/McCluster @ RB and Britt/DeSean Jackson/Bowe/Burleson/Devery Henderson @ WR.

This is a league where I have to start 2 RB and 3 WR each week and is a 12 team non PPR league. Thoughts?

EDIT: Guy who offered is starved @ RB after the Charles injury. Also has Julio Jones/Vincent Jackson/Austin Collie/Eric Decker

Guy also has Jimmy Graham @ TE and that is a position I would like to get better at with my #1 Kellen Winslow being such an injury risk.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-20-2011 at 07:10 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #356
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If McCluster counts as a WR you should be able to beat the system pretty good. Assuming he has any value.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #357
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If McCluster counts as a WR you should be able to beat the system pretty good. Assuming he has any value.

McCluster does count as a WR. I picked him up hoping he could possibly turn into that WR3, but he is a wild card since we haven't seen their post Charles game plans yet.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:05 AM   #358
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
With the Cowboys receiving situation, I know some say pick up Kevin Ogletree. But after watching the game wouldn't Jesse Holley be worth a flyer while I wait to see what Dez Bryant's situation turns out to be?

Ogletree will be starting even if Bryant comes back, so he would probably be in the game more than Holley, aside from being a better talent. However, you might want to look elsewhere unless you're really desperate for a WR in the next couple weeks and there are no other waiver wire options. For one, he'll be back to 3rd WR duties when Austin comes back (probably after Week 5). For two, Dallas has a bye in three weeks. For three, there is no guarantee Romo will be able to play with his punctured lung, which diminishes his value.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #359
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
So I just got offered Dwayne Bowe for Jahvid Best.

Would leave me with Gore/Rice/Tate/McCluster @ RB and Britt/DeSean Jackson/Bowe/Burleson/Devery Henderson @ WR.

This is a league where I have to start 2 RB and 3 WR each week and is a 12 team non PPR league. Thoughts?

EDIT: Guy who offered is starved @ RB after the Charles injury. Also has Julio Jones/Vincent Jackson/Austin Collie/Eric Decker

Guy also has Jimmy Graham @ TE and that is a position I would like to get better at with my #1 Kellen Winslow being such an injury risk.

I would not make this trade. Best looks poised for a big season if healthy and you only have two solid RB without him (assuming Foster can start playing). If you were getting a stud WR, I'd say sure, but Bowe looks like he is simply going to have a WR2 type season.

Instead I would try and pick up a better depth receiver like a David Nelson, Eric Decker or Nate Washington
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #360
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Ok I have a pretty big trade offer on the table...11 teams, total points only, no h2h, standard PPR, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex (R/W/T)

My roster:
RB - Mendenhall
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Tolbert
RB - Jonathan Stewart
RB - Benie Wells
RB - Willis McGahee

WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - Greg Little (dropping him for hopefully David Nelson thursday)

TE - Finley
TE - Mercedes Lewis

So I like to think this roster is pretty stacked- I told a friend I'll give you any 2 WRs for Andre Johnson (jokingly) he said ok Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace. So now that would leave me with less depth, but I'm thinking Johnson + Britt > Jackson + Wallace? Then I'd keep Brandon Lloyd and whoever else is my WW pickup as backups and pretty much roll with 3 RBs most of the season as I really like Wells and Tolbert as the flex.

Am I looking at this the right way? Should I hold tight with who I have?

No way, Vincent Jackson really isn't that far behind Andre and Wallace is a stud also.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #361
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Non-PPR 2 RB/2 WR/1 Flex
QB: Sam Bradford, Kevin Kolb
RB: (Jamaal Charles (R.I.P.) just dropped), Darren McFadden, Fred Jackson, Ryan Mathews, Deangelo Williams, Ben Tate
WR: Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson, Kenny Britt, Marques Colston, Denarious Moore

Was offered a trade of Matt Schaub and Braylon Edwards (who I would probably drop) for Sam Bradford and Fred Jackson. Probably would have taken it before the Charles injury, now I'm wondering how much better people see Jackson vs. Mathews/Williams/Tate - I don't think Jackson will give up the starting job to Spiller, but I don't think he'll keep up his pace either, and I really think Mathews in particular will be used like a feature back outside the red zone. And if STL fans have an opinion on Bradford so far - I know his schedule gets easier the 2nd half of the year, but Schaub also has Carolina/@Indy in weeks 15-16.

So basically, I've responded with Bradford/Mathews for Schaub, but if he still wants Jackson is the QB upgrade worth it?

Last edited by BishopMVP : 09-21-2011 at 12:54 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #362
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I think you're offering up way too much for a guy who isn't that big, if at all, of an upgrade. Your team is amazingly stacked at WR/RB, if you want to package something together, I would aim for a top 5 QB with a guy who has RB or WR needs. Otherwise, I wouldn't rock the boat with your squad.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #363
TLK
Pro Starter

Looking to land a WR off the waiver wire. It seems like all the guys that should be available at this point are... so who to target?

D. Nelson Buf
E. Decker Den
J. Simpson Cin
D. Bess Mia
B. LaFell Car
D. Moore Oak
D. Alexander StL

We use a blind bidding system and I have a feeling Nelson will go for about $50 of our $200 cap. Do any of the others standout or should I spend the money on Nelson?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #364
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I had an extra spot on one of my teams so I took a flyer on D. Moore Oak, he had a solid preseason and in Oakland he may have a chance to stick. Nelson is def the # 1- if you can get him.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #365
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Looking to land a WR off the waiver wire. It seems like all the guys that should be available at this point are... so who to target?

D. Nelson Buf
E. Decker Den
J. Simpson Cin
D. Bess Mia
B. LaFell Car
D. Moore Oak
D. Alexander StL

We use a blind bidding system and I have a feeling Nelson will go for about $50 of our $200 cap. Do any of the others standout or should I spend the money on Nelson?

Unfortunately every single one of those guys are rostered in my league. I would be happy with Moore, Nelson, and decker in that order. I think Moore and Decker have the most upside while Nelson is the safest bet IMO.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #366
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Unfortunately every single one of those guys are rostered in my league. I would be happy with Moore, Nelson, and decker in that order. I think Moore and Decker have the most upside while Nelson is the safest bet IMO.

I agree with this for the most part. You'll get variations of these three with people, but these are the big three right now.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #367
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I think you're offering up way too much for a guy who isn't that big, if at all, of an upgrade. Your team is amazingly stacked at WR/RB, if you want to package something together, I would aim for a top 5 QB with a guy who has RB or WR needs. Otherwise, I wouldn't rock the boat with your squad.
You're probably right... the one other thing is it's a winner take all league, and week 16 Bradford is @ PIT while Schaub is @ Indy.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #368
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
You're probably right... the one other thing is it's a winner take all league, and week 16 Bradford is @ PIT while Schaub is @ Indy.

That might not be a very good matchup for Schaub anyway. If the teams continue along their respective paths, it could be another blowout with far more running than passing. I'm down with using some of your excess at WR / RB to improve your QB, I would just aim for a better one or be content with the two mid-to-high QB2s you have.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #369
MikeVic
Head Coach

Having trouble with a couple of DST decisions... in one league, I have the Pats and Redskins. Rankings I'm seeing have the Pats as a better pick but wouldn't the Redskins be better?

In another league, I have the Bears and pretty much no one to drop to pick up another DST... Is this just a disaster waiting to happen? I also have Janikowski as the kicker in that league (with no one to drop to pick up someone else). Is it worth it to drop Janikowski given he's questionable and could have problems with his latest legal crap?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #370
spleen1015
Coordinator

I dropped Janikowski this morning and picked up Nick Folk.

I don't want to take the chance even if it is just the kicker.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #371
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Keeper League

I've been offered Knowshon Moreno and Hakeem Nicks for Chris Johnson.

Currently my team looks like this:

P. Manning
J. Freeman
R. Fitzpatrick

V. Jackson
M. Williams (TB)
P. Harvin
Mike Thomas
Denarius Moore

McFadden
C. Johnson
D. Williams
J. Starks
D. Sproles

Jason Witten

We start 3 WR, 2 RB, and a flex. 0.5PPR.

Need some advice. I love Johnson, but his inconsistency is killing me. And I know that Moreno is hardly any better, but is Nicks worth the RB downgrade?

Last edited by Sublime 2 : 09-24-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #372
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

McFadden and Starks can be your main backs if you do this trade. Moreno is a good pickup for PPR purposes, but really isn't much better than Sproles in that format at this point. Nicks is a nice upgrade and gives you a strong top 3. Week in and week out, this team after the trade would be more consistent and give you a better shot at getting a W each week.

In my opinion, I'd get as much as I could for Johnson if he were on my team in any case. The guy might win you 4 or 5 on his own, but his lack of production in many games will also lose you the same amount. He may find some running room if the Titans pass game continues to produce like they did last week, but I'm just not a big fan of his as a fantasy RB either way.

I think in overall end of season value, the trade is a toss up. Week to week though, it makes you more consistent.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #373
AlexB
Pro Starter

Here's a question I didn't think I'd be asking... Romo (carrying the injury, no Miles Austin) or Hasselbeck (playing well, no Champ Bailey for the Broncos) to start this week?
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #374
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

romo or Cutler?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #375
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You can't really go into Monday night without Grossman or Kitna if you choose Romo. I'd assume that he will play, but you have to be able to cover your ass.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #376
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
You can't really go into Monday night without Grossman or Kitna if you choose Romo. I'd assume that he will play, but you have to be able to cover your ass.

Good call, just picked up Grossman. From what I saw from Kitna when Romo was out last week I feel better with Rex. Makes me feel dirty saying that.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #377
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is Hardesty a good play vs Miami if Hillis can't go? I'd be playing him instead of McCluster or Hightower.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #378
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hillis is out
Old 09-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #379
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Benched Brees this week in favor of Fitzpatrick in both my money leagues. /crossing my fingers
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #380
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Brees or Stafford today?

I'm all but ready to go with Stafford but what say FOFC?
Old 09-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #381
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Benched Brees this week in favor of Fitzpatrick in both my money leagues. /crossing my fingers

Uh, honestly that's a really bad decision
Old 09-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #382
Danny
Head Coach

Fitz has a good matchup, but so does Brees. No way in hell you should bench Brees.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #383
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Fitz has a good matchup, but so does Brees. No way in hell you should bench Brees.

NE D is way shittier than Hou's
Old 09-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #384
spleen1015
Coordinator

Brees is a stud.

Never bench your studs regardless of matchup.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #385
Danny
Head Coach

Houston's pass defense is not as good as it has played so far. Additionally that game should be a close shootout with Brees needing to be involved the whole game. And really though, doesn't matter, you don't bench Drew Brees for an average QB.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #386
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Brees is a stud.

Never bench your studs regardless of matchup.

and I'd counter that Fitz isn't a stud?

Is it a risk? Yup, that's why I posted I made the move
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #387
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
NE D is way shittier than Hou's

You're basing Houston's pass D performance vs. Indy sans Manning and Miami. They have yet to play an offense as good as New Orleans. I would never bench Brees for Fitzpatrick though, especially with Fitz's #1 WR having a balky groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Brees or Stafford today?

That's quite a luxury you've got. I don't think you can go wrong as long as you play one of 'em.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #388
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
and I'd counter that Fitz isn't a stud?

Is it a risk? Yup, that's why I posted I made the move

Fitz is not a stud. Not even close. So far he has simply beat up on two awful defenses.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #389
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Brees or Stafford today?

I'd still go with Brees. FWIW, I use footballguys as my primary source for weekly rankings. They have Brees 3rd, Stafford 6th
Old 09-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #390
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Fitz is not a stud. Not even close. So far he has simply beat up on two awful defenses.

and he'll beat up another bad secondary today. However, I wouldn't sit Brees under any circumstance.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #391
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
and he'll beat up another bad secondary today. However, I wouldn't sit Brees under any circumstance.

He'll still have a good week, I am not denying that, but you don't play him over Brees. Still, I stand by my statement about Fitz. He won't finish the year a top 10 QB (PPG) and I'd bet he doesn't finish top 15.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #392
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Newton or Rivers?

Should I start Jordy Nelson, Dave Nelson or keep Bowe in the #2 slot (DJax is #1)

Thanks
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #393
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Peyton Hillis out with Strep Throat today, FYI.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #394
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Newton or Rivers?

Should I start Jordy Nelson, Dave Nelson or keep Bowe in the #2 slot (DJax is #1)

Thanks

Rivers and D. Nelson for me.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #395
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

In the auction league I have Foster and Hillis. This week should be fun
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #397
spleen1015
Coordinator

Fuck me if Britt is hurt.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #398
kingfc22
Head Coach

My opponent in the auction league has Welker with 47.5 points

Chalk up the loss for me.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #399
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Hey king, how ya doin. I still feel like I need Rivers to put in some work to secure this. Welker is really the only points I have so far.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 09-25-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #400
fpres
High School JV

wrong thread

Last edited by fpres : 09-25-2011 at 03:24 PM.
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote