Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2024, 08:00 PM   #351
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I can't get over the description of how you do anything INSIDE the car. Everything is through an app and swipes - no buttons, normal sticks to shift gears, turn on headlights, wipers, etc.

It's insane.

This isn't specifically a Tesla critique, but I've often wondered how we allow such obvious incompatible/competing ideas in this country as "we're loading every car we sell with more and more tech to distract drivers" and LE/governments running programs to stop/limit distracted driving. It's really weird.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-12-2024 at 08:00 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 04:26 AM   #352
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Honda Motor Co. and Nissan Motor Co. agreed this week to build upon a preliminary deal first reached in March, offering more details of how they plan to work together and also adding Mitsubishi Motors Corp. to the mix. While the companies haven’t yet discussed a capital alliance, forming one is a possibility, Honda Chief Executive Officer Toshihiro Mibe said.

Nice. Honda has a better design team than Nissan. Hopefully the Z gen 2 will look less fugly
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2024, 04:36 AM   #353
Edward64
Head Coach

I've been critical of Joe and Mayor Pete's implementation of chargers since the passage of the Infrastructure Bill (3 years ago). I mean, the money is there, the chargers are not, and therefore the only reason is the "process" which Mayor Pete is charged with executing.

So read below this morning and thought to myself, okay maybe I was wrong to be so critical.

EV charging gets another massive funding push from Biden administration - The Verge
Quote:
The Biden administration says that the number of EV charging stations in the US has doubled since 2021 as it announces another round of grants for states looking to install more charging locations.

The administration claims that there are now over 192,000 publicly available charging ports in the US, with approximately 1,000 new public chargers being added each week. That’s up from approximately 100,000 ports that were in operation at the outset of 2021 when President Joe Biden first took office.

But then reading on ...

Quote:
But the process has been slow going; in March, The Washington Post reported that only seven charging stations with 38 ports have been opened under the administration’s National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) program.

I'm not sure I know the nuances behind the discrepancy of "doubling vs 38" but assume it's because of the commercial/private sector taking the initiative.

The money is there. All I want is a network of reliable, compatible fast charging stations every 30-50 miles across interstates and highways.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2024, 06:50 AM   #354
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I just read an article about a Cybertruck that caught fire in Texas after hitting a fire hydrant. It caught fire specifically because the battery was soaked by water from the hydrant, according to the article.

That sounds like something that shouldn't happen, right?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote