Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #351
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

Though, for the record, hockey players, on average, by FAR, date hotter women than any other type of athlete, especially when you add the fact that they are hockey players and, therefore, a lot less famous than NFL, NBA, or MLB stars.

They even date sloppy seconds.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #352
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

All of them except Sean Avery.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #353
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

And even their sloppy seconds are far better than most athlete's uh... tidy firsts?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #354
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You get a +1

+2 or 3 or whatever.

I mean, if you're Tiger and you're gonna sleep around, don't go slumming around the Ugly Tree or the Meh Bush. You got to go straight to Hot Chick Island or you're an epic fail as a player.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #355
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Cheating has nothing to do with pretty. In fact, if she's ugly all the better. That way, no one actually thinks you'd waste your time with that person.

Cheating isn't about anything other than sex for a guy like this, perhaps the thrill of knowing he had someone reliable on the side that would do his bidding in such a manner. It's not an accident that both Kobe and Tiger caught redhanded in almost stupid ways. Where the average person looks and goes "weren't you smarter? We thought you were one of the 'good ones?"

But that's where people get confused. What separates those guys from the pros (the Jordan, Shaq, etc.) is the Tigers and Kobes were 1) stars relatively young. Tiger obviously went to college, but...who knows how much he dallied around on campus, just given his notoriety, the fact his dad was still alive and so forth.

I think calling this an 'affair' is probably a gross overstatement. He was sleeping with this chick. Plain, simple and end of sentence. Some may say "well, that's just semantics" but it's not. Affair implies, "there is a woman on the side someone is having a relationship with." That's clearly not what this was. Dude was fly to Vegas, bang her and go about his business. He probably thought he was doing himself a favor by having one reliable chick who understood "the arrangement" and kept it quiet. And clearly she did, until the ho realized the party was over and someone else dangled money in her face. More money, obviously, than Tiger had ever forked over given he didn't want to feel like he was prostituting.

Dudes who've never cheated and who haven't slept with pretty girls might not understand why pretty has nothing to do with it. Or how someone with the ability to get "anyone" they want, could just settle for whoever is available. But like someone said earlier in this thread, it's all about whoever is there at the time he decides to get it on. It's about timing, really. The last thing a dude like that wants is a chick that wants to fall in love with him. He wants the chick who has just a bit more integrity not to get paid to screw, but not enough that she'll expect to be an honest woman at some point. He wants an understanding. And Tiger thought he had one, but...he clearly picked the wrong chick.

When you've gone through life bending situations and circumstances to your will, something like this could throw you off your rocker because you've always come to expect that the rancor will dissipate and you can go back to doing things your way. But he's clearly going to have to learn that, stuff will never be the same and he'll have to turn this around into something that'll allow him to fix some of the dings on the once shiny apple.

I guess we'll see what happens. Everyone is sitting around waiting for a divorce, but so far, it seems to me that everything that's happened to this point seems pedestrian for a matter of this kind. Guy cheats, wife found out and they're still dealing with the blowback from it. He gets tipped off the media is going to find out, she flips, knowing that's going to really impact the brand -- not to mention, embarrass the shit out of them -- and they have their spat.

What people have been saying about the airtight nature of the Tiger brand seems accurate, but it's not really a creation, as much as it's just the way he operates. I think if he decided to flip this -- become a person with a soul and not so much of an automaton -- then I think he'll be able to turn the tide.

The way to keep the media on your side is to stay likable. I mean, look at the last two Presidents. Their adoring fan bases were in love with them for their ability to make them laugh, swoon or relate to them. It had nothing to do with substance.

On the other hand, Tiger is in the top of his class. So if he keeps wowing us on the golf course (And my inclination is that, if there was ever a time to win a Grand Slam, it would be this coming year...) and people won't just forget about it, they'll use it as part of the "Tiger Story" and we'll see columns about how he "could've wilted under the pressure of a potentially collapsing marriage, etc., but used it as fuel to slay every beast. Turning his fellow golfers into the personification of those hordes who chased after him."

I think just like Kobe looked up to and followed behind what he watched Shaq do, Tiger probably took some notes from hanging out with MJ in those early years. And clearly, it served neither of them very well because they were doing something out of character for both and got caught redhanded.

I don't think, in retrospect, the 24-hour news cycle or the crazy tabloids are really to blame. It's how these scandals emerged.

I don't think the wife will leave unless he keeps the cheating up. Not only because I suspect his prenup is a lot better than his handling of this story (Two kids notwithstanding..) but also, you don't marry Tiger Woods if you want to be some sort of starlet, because you're going to be hidden behind view by and large.

But I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-02-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #356
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Still no pics?

I got impatient after three media links, and figured the 'temptress' would be getting traffic here.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #357
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Speak of the devil:

Woods, wife in intense marriage counseling :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Bill Zwecker

Quote:
The continuing revelations of alleged Tiger Woods infidelities has placed the golfing megastar's management team in what one insider called "panic mode" early Wednesday morning.

Despite the release of photographs of Woods looking a bit too friendly with a woman in a Las Vegas nightclub, and a recording — allegedly of a phone call Woods made to former "Tool Academy" reality show alum Jaimee Grubbs — the Woods source insists "Tiger still believes stonewalling the press on this is the best approach."
» Click to enlarge image
Tiger Woods with his daughter, Sam, and wife, Elin, before the start of an NCAA college football game between Stanford and California, 2009.
(AP)

PHOTO GALLERY

Tiger Woods family

RELATED STORIES
Woods regrets 'transgressions' Woman alleges affair with Tiger Woods Woods crash did $3,200 damage

Woods did, however, issue a statement Wednesday morning on his Web site, saying “I haven't been true to my values” and “I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart," he said.

• Also, don't look for Woods' wife, Elin, to be moving out of the couple's Windermere, FL., mansion anytime soon. The links legend's spouse is reportedly being paid a hefty seven-figure amount — immediately transfered into an account she alone controls — to stick with her husband.

On top of that, my source indicated Elin Nordegren Woods, the mother of Tiger's two children, has demanded — and is getting — a total rewrite on the couple's prenuptial agreement making the incentives for her to remain Mrs. Tiger Woods even more enticing.

At this point, the couple needed to remain married for 10 years in order for Woods' wife to collect a splitsville settlement of $20 million. I'm being told that time frame has been shortened — and the dollar amount increased "substantially."

• Perhaps most important of all, the Woodses have already begun intense marriage counseling — at their home — with a counselor who has been conducting sessions several times daily.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #358
SackAttack
Head Coach

I don't get why Tiger would agree to rewrite the prenup.

If it was heavily in his favor in the first place as a disincentive to divorce, why would he loosen the terms as a disincentive to divorce?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #359
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I think calling this an 'affair' is probably a gross overstatement. He was sleeping with this chick. Plain, simple and end of sentence. Some may say "well, that's just semantics" but it's not. Affair implies, "there is a woman on the side someone is having a relationship with." That's clearly not what this was. Dude was fly to Vegas, bang her and go about his business. He probably thought he was doing himself a favor by having one reliable chick who understood "the arrangement" and kept it quiet. And clearly she did, until the ho realized the party was over and someone else dangled money in her face. More money, obviously, than Tiger had ever forked over given he didn't want to feel like he was prostituting.

Are you kidding me with this? There's evidence out there that he slept with at least three other women. The one, Jamie whatever, had THREE HUNDRED text messages from the guy. THREE HUNDRED.

It totally is semantics. He was cheating on his wife and having an affair with this woman, among others. Just because they lived in different states and that she kept things quiet until the shit hit the fan, doesn't make it any less of an affair.

I think you could make an argument that a random, one night, heat of the moment type hook-up is not an affair. It's cheating on your wife, but no affair. But once you cross the threshold from heat of the moment/drunken hook-up, to hundreds of text messages, multiple hook-ups, flying across the country for said hook-ups, etc. you've firmly crossed into Affair Country. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Dude had an affair. Multiple affairs. He was supposed to travel with that first chick to Dubai or Australia or someting for crissakes!

I know you like the guy, but come on.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #360
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

If it was heavily in his favor in the first place as a disincentive to divorce, why would he loosen the terms as a disincentive to divorce?

If he does, it's because he's scrambling and trying to do whatever he can to save his marriage.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #361
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I just want to say it once. Just once.

trashpress
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #362
Rizon
Pro Starter

I guess he's lucky he didn't get McNaired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #363
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

To keep his wife?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #364
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
I just want to say it once. Just once.

trashpress

What did you say?

I can't heeeeeear yooooouuuu.....
Old 12-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #365
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If he does, it's because he's scrambling and trying to do whatever he can to save his marriage.

and save his image.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #366
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I guess he's lucky he didn't get McNaired.

or John Bobbitt'ed
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #367
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
To keep his wife?

But if he loosens the conditions, then she is getting more if she does, in fact, divorce him. Maybe he's hoping that it will blow over by the new deadline and by offering more, he can save his marriage now (where she might say fuck it and decide the money's not worth it as it stands now). But it doesn't make sense to me on the surface either.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #368
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

And if she's asking for more money and less time required to stay in the marriage to achieve that money, what does that signal about his chances of preserving the marriage in the first place? If that's a focus to her...it doesn't bode well.

Now, if she wanted it rewritten to say that future episodes of infidelity rend the entire document null and void, that's another matter, IMO.

But as it stands, it almost feels as though she's bargaining with the warden for time off the "sentence" under the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
To keep his wife?

See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
But if he loosens the conditions, then she is getting more if she does, in fact, divorce him. Maybe he's hoping that it will blow over by the new deadline and by offering more, he can save his marriage now (where she might say fuck it and decide the money's not worth it as it stands now). But it doesn't make sense to me on the surface either.

That could be. Maybe by offering concessions now, he thinks he can pacify her somewhat and by the time the new deadline rolls around, divorce isn't in her thought process any longer.

But I just look at it as caving on that front reinforces divorce as a viable option for her.

Maybe I'm just a cynical bastard that way, I dunno.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #369
Logan
Head Coach

Anyone hear Jesper Parnevik's comments? Ouch.

Quote:
"I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I really feel sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him," Parnevik said. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron."

"It's a private thing of course," he said. "But when you are the guy he is, the world's best athlete, you should think more before you do stuff. . . And maybe not just do it, like Nike says."

Last edited by Logan : 12-02-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #370
SackAttack
Head Coach

Dolathought -

Maybe he accepts divorce as a foregone conclusion, and it isn't so much a matter of trying to save his marriage as of trying to keep her from bolting right *now* so that he can do some image repair, etc.

By the time she does eventually divorce him, in three years or whatever, it's an unfortunate thing, but the events leading up to it are mostly old news and don't compound his problems quite so severely.

It's a bribe to stick it out "just a little while longer," not a bribe to save the marriage.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #371
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Jesper Parnevik, the Swedish golfer who along with his wife, Mia, introduced Elin Nordegren to Tiger Woods, is none too pleased with the world's No. 1 golfer.

Parnevik, 44, who is playing at the PGA Tour's Qualifying Tournament in West Palm Beach, Fla., told the Golf Channel on Wednesday that "I really feel sorry for Elin," in light of reports that Woods has been unfaithful.

Woods issued an apology on his website Wednesday for "transgressions," in the wake of a report that he had a 31-month affair with a Los Angeles woman.

Nordegren, 29, began working for the Parneviks as a nanny in 2000. She was first introduced to Woods at the 2001 British Open and they were married in 2004.

"I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I really feel sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him," Parnevik said. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron."
Old 12-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #372
Rizon
Pro Starter

3rd degree burn right there, wow!
Quote:
Old 12-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #373
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Are you kidding me with this? There's evidence out there that he slept with at least three other women. The one, Jamie whatever, had THREE HUNDRED text messages from the guy. THREE HUNDRED.

It totally is semantics. He was cheating on his wife and having an affair with this woman, among others. Just because they lived in different states and that she kept things quiet until the shit hit the fan, doesn't make it any less of an affair.

I think you could make an argument that a random, one night, heat of the moment type hook-up is not an affair. It's cheating on your wife, but no affair. But once you cross the threshold from heat of the moment/drunken hook-up, to hundreds of text messages, multiple hook-ups, flying across the country for said hook-ups, etc. you've firmly crossed into Affair Country. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Dude had an affair. Multiple affairs. He was supposed to travel with that first chick to Dubai or Australia or someting for crissakes!

I know you like the guy, but come on.

I could less who he screws as long as he still plays golf well. It's extremely disappointing and there's no two ways about that, as a fan, so it's not trying to defend him, because I don't know what happened. I was just musing.

I didn't read the texts or about taking women on trips to places...I guess there's no two ways about it, then. Pretty stupid on all counts, but then, we sorta knew that.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #374
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ouch on Parnevik's comments, though. Damn. Clearly they weren't homeboys, heh.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 12-02-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #375
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

It's crazy how much of a firestorm this has created. It's everywhere right now.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #376
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post

I win for the inclusion of the "maybe not just do it, like Nike says" piece.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #377
rowech
Pro Starter

Has anyone's "perfect" life (at least as presented) come crashing down this fast?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #378
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post

Chicago Sun Times = Trashpress!

Last edited by Chubby : 12-02-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #379
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
Methinks we need a thread dedicated to highly successful athletes who aren't lecherous assholes. It's disturbing that so many of the great ones are either dicks or apparently morally bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Who would you feel totally secure putting in that thread?

Only time Crosby has had someone else in his bed...

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #380
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

The OFFICIAL number of women that say Woods is a "Tiger":

Wilt Chamberlain would be proud.

Last edited by M GO BLUE!!! : 12-02-2009 at 07:50 PM.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #381
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Only time Crosby has had someone else in his bed...

Stop lying...living in Mario' house we know that Mario's wife's been in Crosby's bed....reading him bedtime stories.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #382
Galaxy
Coordinator

$20 million to be married for 10 years in the old pre-nup (not counting any child support)?

Another interesting article:
http://wcbstv.com/sports/tiger.woods...2.1346199.html
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #383
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What kind of dumb ass does buisiness on his personal cell. TrackPhone in the golf bag for fuck's sake

Last edited by stevew : 12-02-2009 at 09:41 PM.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #384
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

What's the difference between a car & a golf ball?
Tiger Woods can drive a golf ball 400 yards.

Why were the Woods' up at 230 am?
They'd just gone clubbing.

Tiger hit a fire hydrant and a tree.
Apparently he couldn't decide between an iron & a wood.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #385
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #386
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Damnit Karl!

I watched almost that whole video before I got it!!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #387
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
What's the difference between a car & a golf ball?
Tiger Woods can drive a golf ball 400 yards.

Why were the Woods' up at 230 am?
They'd just gone clubbing.

Tiger hit a fire hydrant and a tree.
Apparently he couldn't decide between an iron & a wood.

What do Tiger Woods and baby seals have in common?
They're both clubbed by Norwegians.
Quote:
Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #388
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

lmfao
Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #389
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
What do Tiger Woods and baby seals have in common?
They're both clubbed by Norwegians.

Wow, this and the original "I guess this proves he really is part Asian" are standouts in my book.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #390
path12
Coordinator

I passed that joke to the Norweigian Ms.path and her response: "She's Swedish".

Those Norwegians can't take a friggin' joke.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #391
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Change it to Scandinavian
Old 12-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #392
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I passed that joke to the Norweigian Ms.path and her response: "She's Swedish".

Those Norwegians can't take a friggin' joke.

hahahah

Mrs. Path is norwegian? doe she do a nice herring?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #393
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hahahah

Mrs. Path is norwegian? doe she do a nice herring?

Hates it, her dad was a fisherman in Alaska and she had to help cut the herring for bait in the summers. No lutefisk either, thank God.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #394
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Hates it, her dad was a fisherman in Alaska and she had to help cut the herring for bait in the summers. No lutefisk either, thank God.

haha. yeah seriously. that shit is nasty. don't they like prepare lutefisk with lye?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #395
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Old 12-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #397
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

A Shattered Nation Longs To Care About Stupid Bullshit Again | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Never forget!

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #398
sabotai
General Manager

I'll wait for a media source that is far more reputable than The Huffington Post before I believe that story. Like TMZ or The National Enquirer.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #399
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder how many millions Tiger will have to throw away to try and save a marriage that is very doubtful to last more than another year?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #400
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I wonder how many millions Tiger will have to throw away to try and save a marriage that is very doubtful to last more than another year?

About the equivalent of when I tell my corner coffee guy to keep the 75 cents.