Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #351
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
No power is truely useless. You just need to get a strategy for using it. Believe me, I went through this with a number of my powers. (remember my accidental Dimension Shifts?)

As far as the mass sleep thing. It's possible to use that on mobs that are too close to each other...confuse the 2nd one while the team attacks the first one. Or if you need to get by a mob (maybe your mission door is right next to a group you don't want to fight). You'll come up with strategic ways to use it.

Very situational uses that you document. I would think there would be another power that could prove to be more useful under more circumstances. Just like you got rid of Dimension Shift. I toyed with sleeping type powers that stop working upon first attack, they just don't cut it when in a 4+ player team. 3 players and under, I could see it being a chooseable power.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #352
C.J.
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Just like you got rid of Dimension Shift.

I got rid of dimension shift to make room for some powers that I needed more. Stamina and Health, which I should've never gotten rid of on the first respec. Doesn't mean I won't take it again (unless these Epic power pools are sa-weet).
I was going to keep it, but had no room to fit it after I planned out my respec powers.

But again, it's up to you to decide. Use the test server (instructions are on the offical boards) to test out powers to see if you'll like them, and if you end up not liking them after you've already chosen them....then you have 3 opportunities to change your character (levels 20,30 and 40).
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #353
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
I got rid of dimension shift to make room for some powers that I needed more.

Which was my point. There are other powers out there that can be needed more. And you are correct, this is all just one person's opinion. To each there own.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:02 PM   #354
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another possible strategy for coordinating with sleep is to have a tanker provoke a bunch on him, then drop the sleep on the guys who hang back instead of trying to maul the meatshield. Rest of group goes after the aggressive ones.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:09 PM   #355
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Another possible strategy for coordinating with sleep is to have a tanker provoke a bunch on him, then drop the sleep on the guys who hang back instead of trying to maul the meatshield. Rest of group goes after the aggressive ones.

I am really trying...really...to imagine claw not jumping into a group of mobs with reckless abandon.....

sorry...can't

Maybe post Episode 3?
Old 12-10-2004, 02:13 PM   #356
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsouth
I see my role as someone who assists the rest of the team. Whatever I can do to make our lives easier works for me. I've got 2 levels before gaining a new power so it's not something we need to decide now. Taking big pieces off the board would seem like the best use of my powers, but mass sleep may not be a bad secondary function.

Great thing about this game is that at level 24 you can redo all your powers if you do not like them. And you can do this 2 more times after that. So pick whatever you want and try em out. You can always drop'em later.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #357
mtsouth
n00b

I see my role as someone who assists the rest of the team. Whatever I can do to make our lives easier works for me. I've got 2 levels before gaining a new power so it's not something we need to decide now. Taking big pieces off the board would seem like the best use of my powers, but mass sleep may not be a bad secondary function.
mtsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:52 PM   #358
mtsouth
n00b

Total Domination (makes groups helpless, don't think attacks matter or snap them out) and Mass Confusion ( turns groups against itself) look like two nice powers down the line for mob thinning without worrying about sleep.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:54 PM   #359
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Total Domination (makes groups helpless, don't think attacks matter or snap them out) and Mass Confusion ( turns groups against itself) look like two nice powers down the line for mob thinning without worrying about sleep.

Plus they will cause a ton of chaos...which is beautiful!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:01 PM   #360
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

It's good if you are soloing to find glowies...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:11 PM   #361
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I have reached a new record of over 180,000 in debt. Thinking about doing the Positron TF to reduce it.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 05:39 AM   #362
mtsouth
n00b

I reached level 7 and wasn't prompted to choose from the power pool. Next chance will be @ 8. If I don't get the pool then, I might start over with a new character so I can get that power I missed.

OK. Got to 8. Maybe I'm an idiot. At level 6, do you get a prim/sec power AND power pool or just one power? If it's one, then I'm doing ok since I got Confuse. I made it to level 8 and grabbed Hasten. I teamed with some direct attackers (no AoE) and seemed to get a good handle on how to use the MC.

Last edited by mtsouth : 12-11-2004 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:55 AM   #363
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I reached level 7 and wasn't prompted to choose from the power pool. Next chance will be @ 8. If I don't get the pool then, I might start over with a new character so I can get that power I missed.

OK. Got to 8. Maybe I'm an idiot. At level 6, do you get a prim/sec power AND power pool or just one power? If it's one, then I'm doing ok since I got Confuse. I made it to level 8 and grabbed Hasten. I teamed with some direct attackers (no AoE) and seemed to get a good handle on how to use the MC.

Only one power per level...at eight you can /choose/ between your primary (or secondary) or a pool power...not both.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:46 AM   #364
C.J.
n00b

Yeah, I gotta brag. Teammates were shocked...

Gail - level 39 sk'ed to a level 43 teammate (what's that make me, 41 or 42?)
Foe - level 43 Archvillan, claws, mean as hell!

Soloed with 3 sings out, 2 thunderstorms, freezing rain for defense debuffing, and snow to slow. Oh yeah, and phase shift.
AV tried to fight, tried to run, but she couldn't last.....and eventually went down.

Took some time, but quite doable. Just for the record, 4 of us on a team, we all tried to gang up on this AV 2 times before my attempt. Got wiped out almost immediately. Lots of debt. Last resort was to get more teammates, or try this singularity attempt to see if it works. GI/Aucoin, was my witness.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:56 AM   #365
Raiders Army
Coordinator

w00t...that sounds awesome....so why do you let me die so often?

Who was the archvillian?
Old 12-13-2004, 07:06 AM   #366
C.J.
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
w00t...that sounds awesome....so why do you let me die so often?

Who was the archvillian?

Makes the game interesting.
I let our little team die at least twice before. Wasn't like I gave them any different treament than you. lol. JK.

Honestly, was probably doable because it was a single target and the sings were holding aggro pretty good. There was a huge mob along with the AV, but we got rid of them all and had her left over. If it was more than just the AV, I wouldn't have been able to do it. It's more manageable when the sings can all concentrate on one, and spam holds left and right. Quite hard to hold an AV. don't know how many it takes, but bosses take 2 holds to lock down. AV, 4 maybe?

AV's name was Bobcat? maybe? Can't remember. Petite little cat/claw chicky. She was quite pissed off at us.

Last edited by C.J. : 12-13-2004 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:10 AM   #367
gi
College Prospect

AV was Bobcat. Do not forget that those Sings were buffed by me Fortitude and Regen and I did throw the occasional heal/adren on Gail.

But please...Gail-Force needs to be hailed...was almost all her.....

and the sk....

Quote:
Yeah, I gotta brag. Teammates were shocked...

Gail - level 39 sk'ed to a level 43 teammate (what's that make me, 41 or 42?)
Foe - level 43 Archvillan, claws, mean as hell!

Soloed with 3 sings out, 2 thunderstorms, freezing rain for defense debuffing, and snow to slow. Oh yeah, and phase shift.
AV tried to fight, tried to run, but she couldn't last.....and eventually went down.

Took some time, but quite doable. Just for the record, 4 of us on a team, we all tried to gang up on this AV 2 times before my attempt. Got wiped out almost immediately. Lots of debt. Last resort was to get more teammates, or try this singularity attempt to see if it works. GI/Aucoin, was my witness.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:15 AM   #368
C.J.
n00b

True, aucoin was assiting with buffs when possible. I was phase shifted most of the time, so he had a hard time buffing me, but the sings could get some lovin. My SK (Shockwave?) was also attempting to attack long range I think (he was a blaster), but I think I saw his health bar go down a few times, and he turned on phase shift to save himself. It was a team effort really, but we had to adjust our strategy from the 2 failures before. The sing attack was sort of a joke attack (we didn't think it would work), but when it started to work we couldn't believe it.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:21 AM   #369
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

That is great news. It is good to hear that all that time spent as a debt-bag was worth it. Just don't be suprised when the Nerf-train comes rolling into controller station. (which i know you won't)
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:29 PM   #370
C.J.
n00b

For all us CoHers that were looking forward to MxO....
Posted at 10:15 PM on the Matrix Online message boards:

The Matrix Online, a massively multi-player online game co-published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and SEGA of America, will now ship in Spring 2005. Previously slated for a January 2005 launch, the game will expand its beta program while the overall game experience is being enhanced.

Read the rest here:
http://thematrixonlineboards.warnerb...32603&tstart=0

No biggie to me. I have patience. I know the game will rock. Gives me more time to putz with CoH. They didn't get specific this time...just said "Spring 2005".
Old 12-13-2004, 10:44 PM   #371
gi
College Prospect

Sounds interesting. Had a blast this night. Made 39. Since our Super Group is on the downside. Averros and I were thinking of combineing our two SG's into one. We could have a player pool of around 20 that way and have quality teams. We seem to group with him and his SG often anyway. Just an idea I am putting out there. It would give us some more resources. Thoughts? Averros's SG already thinks it is a great idea.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:46 PM   #372
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Fine with me on the SG...Just had fun getting the Pathfinder badge and the Emancipator Badge (for nailing that big bad clockwork king).

(sigh) still a meager 36 to all you higher uppers...but having fun...
Old 12-14-2004, 12:37 AM   #373
hoopsguy
General Manager

Haven't played much with his SG, but no problems at all if they are all like Averros.

Back in town late tonight, should be back playing in next day or two.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:53 AM   #374
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Haven't played much with his SG, but no problems at all if they are all like Averros.

Back in town late tonight, should be back playing in next day or two.

They seem to be a nice bunch of guys. They banter back and forth like we do. C.J. has played with them and I believe Hangfire or alt has played with earlier than last night. Last night Silver Streak and Albino Claw played with two to three of them. Penelope was a friend of mine. Not in either SG.

They only problem Averros's SG had was what would we call the new SG (NAME) and what would the colors be. Suggestions? We are using Blue and White colors now. The name doesn't really concern me all that much.

Thoughts?
Old 12-14-2004, 06:55 AM   #375
hoopsguy
General Manager

Colossal Squid Hunters? Since there is one in the game and all ...
Old 12-14-2004, 08:24 AM   #376
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm all for it, but I would ask y'all to reconsider the number of "GMs" we have. It seems as if everyone is a GM. Maybe we could limit it to our mains and leave the alts as rookies or coaches.

On a side note, I'm glad Don is back.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:40 AM   #377
Bonegavel

Sorry I got us killed last night at the hands of the clockwork king. I usually have the sound down and there are so many bright flashing lights on my screen that it overpowers the chat box. Didn't see it was the actual AV until I was standing directly in front of him and by then he hit me with 1 shot that was about 100 HP over my max.

But, on the happy news side I hit 40. I should be able to visit the crash site now - though I hear it is a ghost town in there.

At this point i don't care if we let others in the super group, merge, or whatever. Was nice having a full team last night. Makes the missions actually suspenseful and full of death (been a long time since that's been the case). In fact, I don't care if we offer positions to anyone we team with that seems ok.

Only problem is the 75 character limit. With 20 active members and 6 alts each that isn't going to work. Going to have to be very picky about included alts.

The name doesn't matter either. We can call ourselves the 'Perforated Ass Chunk Society' for all I care.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:42 AM   #378
Bonegavel

dola,

on the SG side, maybe we can merge with their group with our main alts and maybe one other and keep the FOFC SG for the rest of our alts??

thoughts.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #379
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
dola,

on the SG side, maybe we can merge with their group with our main alts and maybe one other and keep the FOFC SG for the rest of our alts??

thoughts.

Could do that. We can also have a level min for this new group. Say Level 18 and up. 18 and down in the FOFC Group. Kinda like graduating. More than likely there would only be a handful of GM's like people. With most of the population at the Coach level. At least 2 GM's (1 from each SG). Coaches can invite too. Really not that big of deal who is and who is not a GM. I'll talk to Averrnos tonight when I pop on about this and start the planning. Name doesn't seem important so I might just let them pick it.

Also: Your low level alts in the other SG could also have all the main in a Friend list. I really do not think we will run into SG member limit issues.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:44 AM   #380
C.J.
n00b

What's the current name of the other SG that we're proposing merging with? Just curious.

Last edited by C.J. : 12-14-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:45 AM   #381
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Well...make the FOFC group our alt group, and the merge group for our stars, though Hangfire could hardly qualify as a star. Should Green Drake ever make it to such esteemed heights, then I could put Hang on the FOFC group and Green on the merge group, and vice versa...
Old 12-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #382
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
We can call ourselves the 'Perforated Ass Chunk Society'

I've got nothing. Carry on.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:42 PM   #383
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Up to 250k in debt....let's see anyone beat that. I grouped with a decent team, and we took on Nosferatu...I died three times trying to take him down...beware C.J., the controllers couldn't hold him. He was a level 42 Archvillian.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:06 PM   #384
gi
College Prospect

Having a lot more fun in big groups, even though xp is coming slower. Nice to have another good regen scrapper in the SG (pen).

We will combine SG's hopefully tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:02 AM   #385
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Hey guys, finals end for me today. I should be back playing again this week. Although I might work doubles at UPS to get some extra cash.

Last edited by ageofquarrel : 12-15-2004 at 02:03 AM.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 06:33 AM   #386
C.J.
n00b

Quote:
...beware C.J., the controllers couldn't hold him. He was a level 42 Archvillian.

HA! Were they gravity controllers? One thing that makes gravity controller pets different from all other controllers is that gravity has the only pet that attacks with control powers. All other pets attack with damage only attacks. Gravity pets rapid fire 3 different single attacks:
- Lift : lifts foe up and smashes them back down for damage. Knockdown effect.
- Crush : immobilizes a foe and does some DoT
- Gravity Distortion : completly holds a foe, unable to attack. Bosses take 2 holds to lock down.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:03 AM   #387
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Not sure if they were gravity controllers. All I know is that my thunderous and other attacks didn't take down his endurance AT ALL. He kept healing himself, and that made it difficult. I think he was encased in ice at some points, but they weren't often.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:05 AM   #388
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Not sure if they were gravity controllers. All I know is that my thunderous and other attacks didn't take down his endurance AT ALL. He kept healing himself, and that made it difficult. I think he was encased in ice at some points, but they weren't often.

Key to Gail's success is that she can start toggles, have her pets, and then go phase shift when the AV aggro's to her. She is protected, yet her pets and toggles still work. Great strategy. Slow, but works.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #389
gi
College Prospect

I'll be on tonight trying to get the Super Group up and running. I'll post here and change the Message of the Day of the old SG to give details. Make sure you /friend Aucoin so you know if I bailed the SG.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:28 PM   #390
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
I'll be on tonight trying to get the Super Group up and running. I'll post here and change the Message of the Day of the old SG to give details. Make sure you /friend Aucoin so you know if I bailed the SG.
Will do. Not sure if I'm taking my daughter to karate or not, but I'll be on at some point.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:20 PM   #391
Bonegavel

People got a little stressed last night. The tension in the air was so thick you could've cut an imaginary doughnut out of it with your finger.

Maybe tonight we just /em dance in a circle around the bikini clad Gail-Force. See if any CoT try to break us up screaming, "How do you like it?"
Old 12-15-2004, 04:31 PM   #392
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Should be able to make it on with Hangfire, but I'll say this...Green Drake is going to be really cool come I3.

I have Zia tonight so I'll probably be intermittent at best, but I did do some missions on my own this morning to get out of debt...
Old 12-16-2004, 06:34 AM   #393
C.J.
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
People got a little stressed last night. The tension in the air was so thick you could've cut an imaginary doughnut out of it with your finger.
Maybe tonight we just /em dance in a circle around the bikini clad Gail-Force. See if any CoT try to break us up screaming, "How do you like it?"

Doughnuts? Finger? Bikini's?

I heard a lot of positive remarks on the "new" supergroup chat channel from other non-former FOFC members. They all sound very excited to have some more players to team with. So, GI, give us a rundown on what was talked about on top of that building in Talos between you guys. How was the name/colors decided? How is the GM title going work in this new group? And can Gail run around with nothing but a bikini on carrying a box of Krispy Kreme's?
Old 12-16-2004, 07:00 AM   #394
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
So, GI, give us a rundown on what was talked about on top of that building in Talos between you guys. How was the name/colors decided? How is the GM title going work in this new group?

The Street Sweepers (Their old SG) just wanted to chat about what we did a couple days ago. They picked the name. Paragon Sweeper Corps I believe. Taking their name and a little of ours. Colors was me combineing one of theirs (Purple/Gold) and one of ours (Blue/White) to get Gold/White for the new colors. Their will be 4 GMs. Two per old SG side. The rest will the Sweepers, which is just the middle ranking. They usually have SG night on Tuesdays, which is very nice. Only the GM's can change the MOTD. After talking to them all I quit our SG, formed the new one, and invited the GM from the Street Sweepers. He invited his people, I invited all two of ours that were online.

So anyone not named Gail-Force or Penelope, send a tell to any of us for invites. I'll be on tonight for awhile.

Oh, and the symbol I choose for the new SG is cool in that you can have a lot of color combos.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:11 AM   #395
hoopsguy
General Manager

Didn't want to go with Purple and Blue for the colors? I think those were the colors that the DE picked out for us last Tuesday. With a little black and blood red mixed in ...
Old 12-16-2004, 07:21 AM   #396
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Only the GM's can change the MOTD.
This is bogus.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:56 AM   #397
Bonegavel

Quote:
This is bogus.

Yes, RA has to be a GM in order to change the MotD. I get a good laugh every login.

I was on for a while last night and only saw Bubbles/SS, Gail, and Pen. I am now 2 bubbles into 40.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:04 AM   #398
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm expecting to be on tonight. BG, sorry if I contributed to part of the tension the other night. Although I share your enjoyment of getting a good challenge for the game I don't like watching us get ritualistically slaughtered. Once that starts happening I tend to get a little anal about our group sticking together, keeping a good pace, and all the other stuff that helps us stay alive longer. I apologize if it came off at all like I was trying to stifle your play with the blaster.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #399
Bonegavel

Quote:
I'm expecting to be on tonight. BG, sorry if I contributed to part of the tension the other night. Although I share your enjoyment of getting a good challenge for the game I don't like watching us get ritualistically slaughtered. Once that starts happening I tend to get a little anal about our group sticking together, keeping a good pace, and all the other stuff that helps us stay alive longer. I apologize if it came off at all like I was trying to stifle your play with the blaster.

I just noted that the tension seemed elevated and it felt... weird. Wasn't singling anyone out, it was just a general atmosphere that isn't normally part of our outtings.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:16 AM   #400
hoopsguy
General Manager

Watching the whole party go down like bowling pins isn't usually part of our outings either

Catch up with tonight if you want to chat more about it.