Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #351
hoopsguy
General Manager

That is probably the mode that I'll slide into over time - I'll probably see my playing time in bursts going forward. Less with the Cubs in the postseason, more when they are done, for example.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #352
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
That is probably the mode that I'll slide into over time - I'll probably see my playing time in bursts going forward. Less with the Cubs in the postseason, more when they are done, for example.

So you'll be back to playing more by Sunday?

*ducks*
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Perhaps Saturday night?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #354
Brillig
College Prospect

Got the third teleporter room for the Grail base. Any requests for zones?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #355
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I'll be playing this weekend, even if i have to ship my kids off to visit relatives. Anyone planning on playing?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #356
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing my villain lately, but I'm up for anything
Old 10-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #357
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I've been playing various character builds just to see what's out there. Love the dominator style for villians and wish I'd done that instead of a brute.

I also built and installed a Linear Accelerator for the FOFC base.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #358
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Love the Mastermind.. great build for a Soloer..
Old 10-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #359
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good to hear that there is still some activity - I haven't seen much at all the couple of times I've been around over the last 7-10 days.

I also saw that Eilim had left our humble SG. I was leaning towards doing the same if there wasn't more activity because the game is a lot more fun in a social environment. Since the trial ended for a number of us I haven't had much social interation with the other FOFC people outside of Eilim.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #360
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
I also saw that Eilim had left our humble SG. I was leaning towards doing the same if there wasn't more activity because the game is a lot more fun in a social environment. Since the trial ended for a number of us I haven't had much social interation with the other FOFC people outside of Eilim.

Well, only pulled Uafasach out and back into a "one man SG" for RP purposes. Medical Attention is still in th SG and will probably get a few of my others in too. Just been getting in some heavy duty playing time with Uafasach lately both IC and OOC and having a blast. Should have him at 45 before the end of the weekend.

And as always, if anyone needs stuff punched in da face, just let me know.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #361
hoopsguy
General Manager

Congrats on the push - going from 39 early this week to 45 by the end of the end weekend would be really rapid progress at that point in the game.

I've seen my character go from 19 to 22 over three weeks, by comparison.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #362
cuervo72
Head Coach

Geez, Eilim is a powerleveler!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #363
Eilim
High School Varsity

Nah, I just have no life, and am hopelessly addicted to the game.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #364
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I've played my Mastermind up to lvl 20 and having a blast at it. I now have 4 pets (one of them is a medic) and at lvl 26 get a commando. Can't wait.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #365
Eilim
High School Varsity

I just realized what this thread has been lacking as of late. pics of Uafasach!

Well, almost had another kraken moment the other day... But since this beasty decided not to spit snot at me, I took it easy on him and decided to let him go about his day without feeling my fury.

had a bit of trouble deciding on my 4th costume slot. Decided to go with a "Off duty Superhero" costume as opposed to a power suit or another alternate identity outfit. Here's Uafasach chilling at the bar, for those time he needs to relax but doesn't want to play the part of civilian.

Now on a different note... Hoops, that convo I started on IOs this morning/afternoon. most of the info is in this post (and much more coherent than my explanation. )

IO thread
Old 10-14-2007, 11:22 AM   #366
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

how do you say "Uafasach"? I say it like "loofah-sach", which makes me warm and tingly, but not sure if that's what you are going for.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #367
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Any updates to characters? Or hopefully some new ones?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:46 AM   #368
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Johnny Chilled is lvl 18, and I have a ton of alts that I have been playing. My main villians are Brutal Deluxe (lvl 8 Brute) and Johnny Dread (lvl 8 Mastermind).

I had hoped that some of the trial players would carry over to full time.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #369
Eilim
High School Varsity

I've always pronounced it "Ew-ah-fah-sach", and I thought I had read somewhere that was how it was pronounced. I just looked through my English-Irish dictionary and now I'm not so sure, and to be honest, I like your way better.

Character updates, My mastermind "Sweat Shop" is now 10, my second Emp/Psy defender "Medical Attention" is now 8 I believe. Uafasach should be 46 today if I can drag myself away from Wentworths long enough to hunt.

Trying to drown my misery of outleveling the Hydra mission before Tina gave it to me by making a ton of influence and getting my IO sets. (sadly I was doing a storyline mission from her when I leveled and put the one I wanted out of reach.) So once again I'm groveling.. If any of the long time players have any low 40s alt about to do the hydra mission in peregrine, please keep this scrapper in mind.

Well, back to wentworths now to make some more influence. Already spent most of the influence I made the other day, but am up to six completed sets now, along with three partials. I wouldn't have equipped the partials yet, but will probably mix and match with one as I already have the bonus I wanted from it, 8% regen. The other two I want the full set but am not willing to pay the current price and am waiting on somewhat normalized bids I put up to come through. But with just the two of those partials I get 10% regen each.

That puts me right now with two complete Doctored Wounds, 3 complete Crushing Impact, a partial Pounding Slugfest, two partial Scirocco's Dervish, and a completed Glimpse of the Abyss (not equipped yet as I don't have the slots open at this point.) Now just waiting for the bids on the rest of the sciroccos and on the three partial Numinas I'm bidding on. I shall be an accurate, regen and recharge machine. Yes, I know /regen scrappers are normally high in regen and recharge, but to me... You can never have enough. ;p
Old 10-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #370
Eilim
High School Varsity

Dola:

Yellow5, if you ever need a fighting partner for Johnny, let me know. I had a blast, and a lot of success fighting with condors tanker "Kieran". Wouldn't mind getting back to duoing and teaming more often, especially as it gives me a chance to run through some missions I might have missed the first time through.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #371
Eilim
High School Varsity

Well, time for some bumpage...

Have tons of screenshots, movies, and even some fanart I've been working on to share. Still have some cleaning up and finishing touches to do before I post them, but this is a shot I just had to show off. Even though it was delayed about three days due to the halloween event, I'm proud to say:

*does happy dance*
Old 10-28-2007, 01:18 AM   #372
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilim View Post
Well, time for some bumpage...

Have tons of screenshots, movies, and even some fanart I've been working on to share. Still have some cleaning up and finishing touches to do before I post them, but this is a shot I just had to show off. Even though it was delayed about three days due to the halloween event, I'm proud to say:

*does happy dance*

DING!! Gratz, man! Time to start an alt!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 AM   #373
Eilim
High School Varsity

Thanks, while I still have a lot I want to do with Uafasach, I hope to start working on my Emp defender a bit. Thats if I don't finally find a theme that grabs me with one of my many attempts at a Peacebringer. Then theres the idea for a Robot/FF mastermind I've been toying with. Too many ideas, too little time.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 AM   #374
Eilim
High School Varsity

Pardon the time warp posting, but didn't notice the double post untill now. I'll just answer the next post here.

I still need to do many of the task forces via exemping. Along with a decent deal of content missed out on being the side effect of playing on the higher difficulty levels. Ofcourse theres also alot more badges for me to grab.

Its also a big perk of being a roleplayer, the toon(and I) have made a lot of friends, many who are still low in level who I just plain have a blast hunting with. While a powergamer, and always wanting to do/get everything, the roleplayer in me does let me play with no, hmmm, tangible results other than just having fun with friends. It also helps that I honestly just have a blast playing the game.

I mean who doesn't love wearing spandex, a cape, and going around punching things in the face.

(oh, and throw in getting a second account due to the taunting of fellow FOFCer during a weak moment when I was already fighting the urge to do it, and Uafasach will have some young heroes to play meat shield/face puncher for.)

Last edited by Eilim : 10-28-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #375
hoopsguy
General Manager

Congrats on hitting Level 50. What, by the way, is there to do with a character once you reach that point? Respec? Are there still new contacts/missions to be grabbed, or do you have to work in teams to catch up on stuff that you have never seen before?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #376
Eilim
High School Varsity

Well, was reading the NFL week 8 thread and as a pat's fan I'll admit getting a little annoyed by the way it turned, but also inspired.

Here's my new mastermind that might actually keep me from uafasach for a bit, until they generic 8362354 him.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #377
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilim View Post
Well, was reading the NFL week 8 thread and as a pat's fan I'll admit getting a little annoyed by the way it turned, but also inspired.

Here's my new mastermind that might actually keep me from uafasach for a bit, until they generic 8362354 him.

Nicely done!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #378
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Issue 11 patch out today. Lots of new things.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #379
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nice, looking forward to checking this out. From what I understand, the class that benefits most from this is Tankers, which means I would probably be building a new alt (or dusting off an old one, I suppose).

Anyone outside of Eilim still on this regularly? I think he is the only one I see participating in the FOFC channel. I'm usually playing between 8-11 PM CST a couple of nights a week and some on weekends. My new alt, Dutch Kai, is up to Level 25. Halfway to the mountaintop ...
Old 11-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #380
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I built a villain up to 22, but haven't played in a few months. I still have my account active, so I'll sign on sometime this week to try out the new version.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 PM   #381
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I'm on but play on Villian side most of the time. Been waiting for this chapter so I can respec my tank.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #382
cuervo72
Head Coach

I still play, though I don't check into the FOFC channel. Been soloing my Mind/Kin controller, who is stunningly effective at times (except against EB's, unfortunately) - took care of a group of nine +2 Malta (including sapper) that my BS/Regen would never attempt. Mass Confusion is a wonderful thing.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:44 PM   #383
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Yay! Doubleswords, here i come!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #384
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

did coach belichick survive?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #385
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Yay! Doubleswords, here i come!

lol LOTS of new players sporting double swords, it's hilarious. Custom guns are not as cool as I thought it would be.

Somehow, I've become the leader of the FOFC group, if I catch a few of you online I'll also make you guys leaders as well since I am the only one listed as leader. Or is there a way to do this when you are offline?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #386
Brillig
College Prospect

Scrapper or Tanker, that is the question...
Old 11-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #387
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Heck I'll even bribe some of you to come back to the game...1 million influence (Hero side) to the first person to logon right now and hail me. I'm in game as Johnny Chilled for next 10-15 minutes.

Last edited by Yellow5 : 11-28-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Yellow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #388
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Can we get a lab at the base?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:19 PM   #389
hoopsguy
General Manager

So just what level is Johnny Chilled these days that you have 1 million influence to pass around?
Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #390
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'd like to see more folks roll mace tankers, now that their attack times have been modified and more options are available for the mace (maybe I'll play my old one, even).
Old 11-28-2007, 08:51 PM   #391
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Quote:
So just what level is Johnny Chilled these days that you have 1 million influence to pass around?

Someone that quit the game was kind enough to drop 18 million on me.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #392
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Can we get a lab at the base?

Anyone with Commander lvl should be able to build if we have enough SG influence.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #393
Brillig
College Prospect

Remember, on December 10th, they're doing a free prestige give-away. Every SG and VG will get a bonus of 20,000 prestige per member. So if you've got empty slots lying around, be a good time to just roll a (bunch of) generic character(s) and add them so that the group has more prestige to play with.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #394
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, I need to get on that for a couple of my "SG of One"-type SG/VG's.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #395
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
Remember, on December 10th, they're doing a free prestige give-away. Every SG and VG will get a bonus of 20,000 prestige per member. So if you've got empty slots lying around, be a good time to just roll a (bunch of) generic character(s) and add them so that the group has more prestige to play with.

I've got PLENTY of new heroes, but mostly on different servers. No more space on Virtue.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:01 AM   #396
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

a'ight...who's still playing? Ran into Johnny Chilled tonight, and it was nice to see a FOFCer online.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:09 AM   #397
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I miss the days of an entire team wipe.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:58 AM   #398
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was on a fair amount this weekend, playing Dutch Kai. Up to Level 31 and trying to get up to Level 35 so I can hang out with the cool kids (Uafasach) in the Rikti War Zone.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #399
Eilim
High School Varsity

I still play, even run two accounts now. Only problem is I still have too much fun with Uafasach at 50 that my other toons don't get much higher than low teens before I delete and reroll another to see if it sticks. They do make good filler for Uafasach's missions though. Just to keep in the tradition of me never posting to this thread without including pictures..

Here's Uaf's current look, while chilling in the workshop of his apartment/base. Which thanks to trial accounts and the accident of the devs double gifting us with prestige is coming along nicely. Heck, Even have a roommate/SG member now.

and here is one of my prouder moments, during the winter event. No Kin buffs, or outside buffs at all except what I have myself (and no I didn't respec).

Still think I could have gotten better, but the fun of skiing wears off rather quickly.

Anyways, hope to see more of you get back into playing. Might have to go back to playing nights instead of mornings to catch some of you on.

Anyways, off to earn some more badges and prestige. Still have to start doing those damn task forces for the Force Commander accolade. Will probably post a little later with some shots showing off my new base.

Oh, and Hoops, if you ever want to fight with me in Peregrine, just let me know. We can smack around some CoT in hopes of gaining some rare magical salvage. I've been making a killing on the stuff since the rare recipes were introduced.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:11 AM   #400
condors
College Starter

I still play with various identies both hero and villains. I usually don't play very long though. I run a few missions usually solo then log
condors is offline   Reply With Quote