Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #351
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm wondering if this week's Person of Interest was a backdoor pilot for a Sarah Shahi gun operative character. If so, I want to watch that show.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #352
MrBug708
Head Coach

Anyone have any thoughts on the History Channels two shows next week, the Bible and Vikings?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #353
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on the History Channels two shows next week, the Bible and Vikings?

Looking forward to checking them out - thanks for reminding me that they were this coming week - I'll set my DVR.

I'm a sucker for History Chanel, so I imagine I'll enjoy.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #354
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm pretty sure it's garbage but I will watch a couple more episodes.

Are you being serious? Because I'm absolutely addicted to this show.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

yeah, I really like it but get genuinely disturbed by some of the happenings.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #356
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
yeah, I really like it but get genuinely disturbed by some of the happenings.

Yeah, me too. But good disturbed. I can only imagine how much better the show would be on HBO or Showtime, but then they might be tempted to push too far.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #357
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The one local female cop was working for joe? Never saw that coming. They only tipped that off a half dozen times.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #358
GrantDawg

Quote:
The one local female cop was working for joe? Never saw that coming. They only tipped that off a half dozen times.

Yeah. That wasn't a shock. It seems to clear the young FBI profiler though (except you can never be sure. Shoot him in the vest so he isn't seriously hurt?). I still suspect that someone in the FBI is in on it as well. The lead agent is the most likely, so it probably won't be her.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #359
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yeah, that wasn't a surprise at all.

LEts be careful not to post spoilers in here.K.Thx.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #360
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

also- anyone else with Direct TV getting this message about CBS? Whats up with that?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #361
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
also- anyone else with Direct TV getting this message about CBS? Whats up with that?

I'm guessing you're in the Cincinnati DMA and it's WKRC you're talking about.
If so, tomorrow marks the expiration of the carriage deal between Direct and Sinclair Broadcasting (who owns 'KRC).

Here's a couple of articles from other markets that have the usual details.
As contract's end looms, DirecTV says customers won't lose local CBS | PennLive.com

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogstv...tions.html.csp
Old 03-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #362
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NBC Affiliate in Cleveland Airs 20-Year-Old Episode of Matlock In Lieu of Thursday’s Primetime Lineup to Protest Andy Griffith Oscars In Memoriam Snub

Neetzan Zimmerman
Andy Griffith, who passed away last July, was unceremoniously absent from this year's Oscars "In Memoriam" tribute, so NBC's Cleveland affiliate WKYC-TV decided to make it up to him by giving Matlock most of their Thursday primetime block.

That's right: Regularly scheduled episodes of The Office, 1600 Penn, and Law and Order: SVU were canceled at the last minute to make room for the 20-year-old Matlock TV movie, The Legacy.

The preempted shows will instead air on Saturday night.

"The Academy did snub Andy Griffith," WKYC president and GM Brooke Spectorsky told The Hollywood Reporter. "We thought it would be a nice tribute."

Surprisingly, so did viewers, who stayed tuned for the legal drama starring Griffith as veteran criminal defense attorney Ben Matlock.

According to Showbuzz Daily, rating figures show the first hour of Matlock was just slightly below the latest figures for The Office (1.6 vs. 1.7), and it actually bested 1600 Penn with a 1.8 rating at 9:30 compared with 1.7 for the latest addition to NBC's Thursday comedy block.

Spectorsky says he plans to do the same thing again next week with the Matlock: The Heist, but that should wrap up the station's "fun experiment."
Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #363
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
NBC Affiliate in Cleveland Airs 20-Year-Old Episode of Matlock In Lieu of Thursday’s Primetime Lineup to Protest Andy Griffith Oscars In Memoriam Snub

And now ... the rest of the story.

Turns out they've done this same thing at least once in 1st quarter for the past decade, in order to gin up a little extra local spot inventory.

WKYC's 'Matlock' Pre-Emption an Inventory Play - 2013-03-01 20:29:44 | Broadcasting & Cable
Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #364
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FOX Picks Up THE FOLLOWING, NEW GIRL, THE MINDY PROJECT and RAISING HOPE

I really think that the Mindy Project has dramatically improved over the last half of this season, so I'm glad that they are picking it up again. New Girl seemed to be a formality to be picked up. The Following will likely come back for 15 episodes I believe, unless they have dramatically altered the way that the show will run.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #365
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Yeah. That wasn't a shock. It seems to clear the young FBI profiler though (except you can never be sure. Shoot him in the vest so he isn't seriously hurt?). I still suspect that someone in the FBI is in on it as well. The lead agent is the most likely, so it probably won't be her.

I'm still saying the young guy is a follower. She's sat beside him in a car all day, she'll know he's got a vest on, hence the shot to the chest.

I'm starting to head over to the 'this is crap' camp, but got to keep watching to the end now. And do the ads have to spoil every twist?
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #366
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I'm still saying the young guy is a follower. She's sat beside him in a car all day, she'll know he's got a vest on, hence the shot to the chest.

I'm starting to head over to the 'this is crap' camp, but got to keep watching to the end now. And do the ads have to spoil every twist?

yeah, I think the young guy is in on it as well.

This is an entertaining train-wreck of horrible writing and tired cliche. How is it this easy to escape prison(for the second time). So silly.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #367
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And how the hell do this many people see charisma in this lead baddie character. He's a total toolbag.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #368
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, expecting the young guy to be revealed as #2 in the organization. I mentioned it on Facebook during his first episode, when he indicated he was a big fan of Hardy's, and haven't changed that opinion yet.

I'm wondering where they go for 2nd season - same bad guy, or someone "worse" a la 24 with the new bad guy every season?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #369
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Since we haven't met "Roderick" yet I'm going to just assume it is the FBI guy.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:47 AM   #370
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Can we please stop posting spoilers in this thread. Start a separate one if enough people wanna talk about it.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #371
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since we haven't met "Roderick" yet I'm going to just assume it is the FBI guy.

Actually I googled it and it's some other dude.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #372
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

IDK what show you guys are even talking about, but if it's getting this much discussion shouldn't it be in its own thread?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-05-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #373
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

I totally forgot to set series recordings for these. I presume "Beginnings" and "Rites of Passage" respectively are the two premiere episodes that are re-airing this week?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #374
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

First two episodes of Vikings are available on regular Hulu right now. And quite enjoyable.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #375
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
First two episodes of Vikings are available on regular Hulu right now. And quite enjoyable.

Yeah - it also looks like History Channel is replaying them at like 10PM the rest of the nights this week also - the two shows I mean.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-05-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #376
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Can we please stop posting spoilers in this thread. Start a separate one if enough people wanna talk about it.

seconded.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #377
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Guess History Channel is the new USA or AMC. The Bible pulled down 13 million viewers and Vikings 6 million. Pawn Stars is drawing 5 million. American Pickers and Swamp People are pulling down 4.5 million.

The Walking Dead with just over 11 million viewers would have been No. 1 for the week without The Bible. Crazy numbers these cable nets are piling up.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #378
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I guess this means more reality shows and less, you know, history shows on the history channel. this really bums me out.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #379
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I guess this means more reality shows and less, you know, history shows on the history channel. this really bums me out.

I haven't seen them but are you implying that "The Bible" and "Vikings" are reality shows? If anything this means more historical based drama
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #380
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Are we really arguing about spoilers in a show that has thus far had the bad guy's plan go exactly as planned every.single.week? I can start a new thread, sure, but seriously if the plot of the show is "Joe is going to be transferred to a new prison" what odds would you need in order to bet on "Joe isn't going to magically escape?" 1,000,000,000 to 1? It's off the board, and thus far, for the most part, speculation is what has been posted.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #381
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
I haven't seen them but are you implying that "The Bible" and "Vikings" are reality shows? If anything this means more historical based drama

no no, I was referring to Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Swamp People
Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #382
chadritt
High School Varsity

Quote:
no no, I was referring to Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Swamp People

My bad, i honestly didn't even realize those were on the history channel because that seems weird.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #383
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Are we really arguing about spoilers in a show that has thus far had the bad guy's plan go exactly as planned every.single.week? I can start a new thread, sure, but seriously if the plot of the show is "Joe is going to be transferred to a new prison" what odds would you need in order to bet on "Joe isn't going to magically escape?" 1,000,000,000 to 1? It's off the board, and thus far, for the most part, speculation is what has been posted.

considering the number of us who DVR shows and may be weeks behind, it would be nice to keep spoilers out for those who watch at a slower pace. I'm sure when I got around to it, I would have known that a prison transfer was going to mean an escape...but since I'm not even there yet, I'd appreciate not knowing.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #384
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
considering the number of us who DVR shows and may be weeks behind, it would be nice to keep spoilers out for those who watch at a slower pace. I'm sure when I got around to it, I would have known that a prison transfer was going to mean an escape...but since I'm not even there yet, I'd appreciate not knowing.

fair enough. How much stuff are you recording? I'm finding it hard to record enough stuff these days, so much shit that's out there doesn't meet my interests. And I forgot to set it for the Vikings which I'd probably like.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #385
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I personally seem to record almost everything. We have two dvr that can record four shows at a time and I would wager most of the time all four are recording. I am so far behind in watching shows thanks to traveling, I think I will never catch up.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #386
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
fair enough. How much stuff are you recording? I'm finding it hard to record enough stuff these days, so much shit that's out there doesn't meet my interests. And I forgot to set it for the Vikings which I'd probably like.

Vikings is on tonight (rerun). And Bible tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #387
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't watch anything live. we don't have that many shows that we watch, maybe 5-10 but my wife works nights so we do fall behind. We're 3 or 4 behind in Following and haven't even had a chance to start the Americans yet, for example. Ditto for the Mindy Project.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #388
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I think the Following has truly embraced how awful it is.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #389
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just sat through one of the most abysmal 30 minutes of my life: ABC's The Neighbors.

Call me a hipster, but other than reminding me why I watch so little television anymore I can't imagine what purpose that dreck actually serves.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #390
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just sat through one of the most abysmal 30 minutes of my life: ABC's The Neighbors.

Call me a hipster, but other than reminding me why I watch so little television anymore I can't imagine what purpose that dreck actually serves.

You hipster.

Too cool for school.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-13-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #391
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

I actually have grown to enjoy the show. It accomplishes traditional sitcom stories in a most unconventional way.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #392
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I actually have grown to enjoy the show. It accomplishes traditional sitcom stories in a most unconventional way.

We started watching it because the kids wanted to and I came in wanting to hate it...but also have grown to enjoy the show. No, it's not particularly smart, but hey, it makes me laugh. I'll take that over awful nudity and tragically flawed characters and painful, uncomfortable viewing out of a comedy any day.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #393
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Tool cool for school.

Freudian slip ?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #394
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Freudian slip ?

Oops! Not at all. Just a result of getting 4 hours of sleep and working too many consecutive 12-13 hour days!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #395
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Whatever floats 'em I reckon.

But if that's not one of the 10 worst shows ever produced, I can't begin to imagine the ones that beat it.

Supertrain had better performances than what I saw.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #396
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Wow, I think the Following has truly embraced how awful it is.

Yep - getting more silly by the week. And it feels like the slide is pretty steep, not that it was high art the first couple of weeks.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #397
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I haven't even been able to muster up the energy to watch certain shows that I have enjoyed enough to actually follow and record, like "Happy Endings", "Modern Family" and "Community."

The shows I am actually watching now are "Parks and Recreation", "The Americans" and "The Walking Dead."
Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #398
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I was intrigued by The Neighbors before the season began, but, it's horrible.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #399
spleen1015
Coordinator

Bates Motel anyone?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #400
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Bates Motel anyone?

should be good, especially with Vera Farmiga playing Mrs Bates.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote