Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2017, 11:16 PM   #351
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just for fun ... an article that popped up from 2009. Mainstream media article at that.

Research shows white players lacking on recent Final Four basketball teams - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel

It points out that the last championship team (as of 2009) with three white starters was Duke ... in 1991.

I'm not interested enough to bother looking through rosters & team photos to figure out if there was one between 2010 and 2017, but it certainly does fall under the heading of "kinda rare" true enough.

I don't think it's simply a matter of foot speed as the class clown suggests though

Yeah, the article is probably correct. Just something at this point in time he had no business saying. I mean UCLA was the most effective offense in the NCAA most of this year with those 3 white guys. Perhaps, he should have went on a rant about defense instead. In any case from all indications his son has a level head and respects that game but this idiot dad is interfering in how his son wants to handle his own business. I think dad is trying to get rich off of sons talent.

UCLA finished 2nd in KenPom's offensive efficiency rating and were 20th out of 350+ teams in adjusted pace. Them white players he talks about had offensive ratings of 8th, 24th, and 37th best in the entire nation.

Duke in 2010 actually had 3 white starters... Singler, Scheyer, and Zoubek. Had to just quickly check. Only team since 1991 however.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-06-2017 at 11:27 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:23 AM   #352
MrBug708
Head Coach

They were white when Lonzo committed to ucla and they were still white when he predicted a national title. And if he wants to see slow foot speed, his middle son runs about as well as Shaq
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:03 AM   #353
wustin
College Prospect

2015 Wisconsin team had Kaminsky, Dekker, and some other white guy in the starting lineup (knocked off 38-0 Kentucky team). Ironically the championship matchup was against Duke whose starters were all black with Grayson Allen coming off the bench

Last edited by wustin : 04-07-2017 at 03:05 AM.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:47 AM   #354
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I can't really even get mad at him, much less his kid, I just sorta roll my eyes similar to my response to a lot of other whackadoo reality show celebs.

Same here, except I relate him to the father of a kid on my son's soccer team. Based on his ramblings, Zidane will be showing up any time now to personally take his kid to Madrid.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:17 AM   #355
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We eventually stopped listening to Richard Williams and Earl Woods, I suspect this won't be any different when Lonzo gets drafted, the other brothers turn out not as good and the boys want their dad to shut up for good.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #356
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Zach Collins declares for the draft and signs with an agent.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #357
BishopMVP
Coordinator

This is as good a place as any - 30 for 30 tonight on UMass under Cal 30 for 30: One and Not Done - Number One - ESPN Video

It'll be interesting to see how they portray him. I can't even quite tell if they're focusing on a specific part or will cover the whole 5 year run & aftermath.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote