Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #3951
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Only three guys that I can legitimately go after in Hicktown right now without battling workers. I can't beat damn Peter until upgrading my gun and he is not standing still (up two dueling levels since getting me on Tuesday night). But I shot up one of the others tonight and I'll be looking at the other three as regulars in my shooting rotation starting next week.

I'm heading out to hit The Cable Guy in The Loco City.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #3952
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
El Dolado is complete.

Brian, do you know what were the new weapons?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #3953
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Brian, do you know what were the new weapons?

The fort weapon is a Winchester...which is higher level but not as good as the Precise Breach Loader we had previously. The dueling weapon is a Rusty Colt Buntline.

We had some horrible luck with our gunsmith.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #3954
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sigh.

I haven't been able to log in at all for more than two hours & haven't successfully completed any attempted task even on the rare occasion I've been able to get logged in, images won't load etc, server eventually times out. I've tried three different browsers, no difference.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #3955
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW I was just able to log in and set up a couple of tasks. Everything seemed to load in the normal matter. I was using Firefox 3.5.2.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #3956
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I tried 3.5.2 and had disastrous results, not only did The West not work at all for me with it (well, not for more than a minute or so) but I don't think it stayed open more than five minutes ever without a CTD.

I'm back to 3.0.1.3 which is leaking memory terribly but at least it'll load & run most everything except The West which, if it gets anything to load on screen at all, stops today as soon as you select your world (won't even attempt to load any images) or a few times manages to load only a few images before simply grinding to a halt.

But it doesn't seem to be browser related since Chrome & IE have the same results. Oddly enough, IE actually seems to get a little further more often than the others (I managed to get as far as the inventory screen twice today but it never completes loading the images nor does clicking the ones that do load accomplish anything). And I've had the same outcome on two different computers that aren't updated concurrently so it's unlikely that it's anything I've changed on this one that suddenly caused the problem. I'm not alone in this, several people reported issues with FF 3.5 and other configurations are getting the same sort of glitches.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #3957
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

This may sound silly, but have you done a shift-reload in your browser? I've had to do that a few times to get things to load properly.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #3958
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Yep, have tried that, have tried nearly everything I can think of really. There's a thread about it in the help forum, I'm Luke Warmwater there too, and finally actually managed to get it to load a little while ago & at least post my own misery. The guy called dogeatdog has gone through it in some detail & what he's describing is pretty much my situation except that he was getting error messages tonight, none of which I've ever seen.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #3959
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, this is almost batshit crazy. I figured "why not" I'll try again, what's a hundred times versus 101.

On a complete whim I decided to type the URL in again, just The West ... and the motherfucker let me in !!!

No, I'm not completely crazy, the browser auto-fill worked well enough earlier for me to get to the log-in screen, so it wasn't typo'ed or something stupid like that.

Ran a tracert just now (had done this earlier when I thought it might literally be I wasn't getting completely through) and the only noticeable difference other than slightly slower times on the initial hops was that the "...artfiles.de" hop was about half as long as it had been all day (145ms vs 250ish ms).
Old 09-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #3960
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So I get back in, figure on some low impact prison guard duty just to see if I get the 1% handcuffs on an odd random chance. The effort ain't worth the 50 XP but what's a couple of shifts.

Instead I get a 259-53 thrashing from donald trumpet of hicktown.
Feds ought to get him for aiding & abetting prisoners.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #3961
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jon, when I get back in town I'll be returning to war against Hicktown. I expect that he'll go down and go down hard when I find him.

Feel like publishing his shooting info, just to make sure?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #3962
DeToxRox
Head Coach

A dbag from Hicktown came at me ..

DeToxRox wins the duel, gains 91 experience points and steals $132 from Chester Nutsack.

Hit him for 461 HP. Once I heal up I'm heading over there.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #3963
ozias
High School JV

Both Chester Nutsack and donald trumpet got me earlier today.

Of course I had gear on for Hunting Grizzly Bears, the best XP I can get for a job, so needless to say, I got my butt handed to me.

Once I recover, I'll be out for revenge, with my dueling gear on.
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #3964
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Hicktown's Chris P Cox shot me up for -462, just before I went to sleep. Guess Peter, the sheriff, making our shootemups on him and the town, now duel all of us that can't protect ourselves.

Got $33 bucks from me as well. Just FYI. Hicktown is flexing a lil' muscle I see.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #3965
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

fawk goesintight hit me on the way home from 12 hours or so of silver mining, knocked me out...he only got $40, the other $1900 I lost...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #3966
ozias
High School JV

I'll need an Invite to Troutville as well, since they have a better gun I can use.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #3967
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozias View Post
I'll need an Invite to Troutville as well, since they have a better gun I can use.

what's your in game name?

FM
Old 09-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #3968
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
on the way home from 12 hours or so of silver mining

Although I only picked up a serious cash job like silver mining in the past couple of weeks, I don't think I've ever done anything remotely cash related for more than 6 hours without returning to bank it. Heck, I'm not sure I've done any job for more than 6-8 hours without banking whatever little cash it generated.

Of course I'm also the guy who was too stupid to leave town before completing the Black Mountains quest line, so it ain't like I've got any room to be casting aspersions on anybody else's judgment either
Old 09-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #3969
ozias
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
what's your in game name?

FM

Crazyboy Joe
Old 09-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #3970
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I got destroyed by Petergoisintight from Hicktown. He KO'd me. I would love to know his build, he is four levels below me and creamed me. After that, Donald Trumpet tried to hit me, but of course I was sleeping of the beating from pete.

His (Peter Goesintight) duel shots were

1 - Non Gun Hand for 78 points
2 - Gun Shoulder for 129
3 - Non Gun Hand for 111
4 - Non Gun Shoulder for 125

The weird part is that his 5th hit was a head shot for 118 points. Should have been the same as his first hit (non gun hand). I guess some times you hit a different part of the body, other than which you were aiming.

I only hit him twice for 203 points total.

I did beat Chris P Cox from hicktown pretty bad, earliler today.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 09-06-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #3971
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Also, Peter is level 38 and using a weapon that requires level 43. How is that? I thought the soldier class allowed you to use a weapon 3 levels over yours??
Old 09-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #3972
Danny
Head Coach

premium bonus. I went to duel him, but he started sleeping right before the duel finished, Too bad I could have knocked him out most likely.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #3973
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and I did pass out Chester Nutsack from their town in one duel
Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #3974
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozias View Post
Crazyboy Joe

invite sent!

FM
Old 09-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #3975
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

seem to be a lot of phallic references there...have to wonder about multi's..

BTW I had set it to 6 hours Saturday AM before leaving for the CLemson game (2 hours drve each way, 3 hour game, 7 hours tailgating) got home crashed and woke up fully rested so I just rolled 8 straight hours off and was beat down in the process..
Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #3976
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
premium bonus. I went to duel him, but he started sleeping right before the duel finished, Too bad I could have knocked him out most likely.

If you + Dat King get the chance it would be great to see you guys putting him on ice for a week or so to teach him a lesson. I think that the rest of us can deal with the rest of their duelers just fine when we are the attackers. I'm not sure I'm speaking for the rest of the duelers, but Hicktown is going to be stop #1A, 1B, and 1C for me over the next week.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 AM   #3977
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

yep Ill be headed there this evening...
Old 09-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #3978
Danny
Head Coach

Whats up with the players who have (banned) next to their name and jail cell over their picture. Are they banned from the game? It looks like they can still be dueled.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #3979
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and headed to go duel Peter now.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #3980
Danny
Head Coach

Hit him for 742 and won, but he didn't pass out, will try and hit him again in an hour.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #3981
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just beat Donald Trumpet, but barely. Missed quite a few times but the ones I got did damage. I had already set up to hit Peter Goesintight. So we'll see how that goes.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #3982
kingfc22
Head Coach

I just got tag teamed by Jimmie Jackson and Chris P Cox.

Feel free to rip them a new one.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #3983
Danny
Head Coach

I'm too high to duel Jackson and Chris. P is not listed on the town roster.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #3984
DeToxRox
Head Coach

peter goesintight passes out. DeToxRox wins the duel, gains 156 experience points and steals $9 from peter goesintight.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #3985
Danny
Head Coach

Nice, hopefully I didn't leave you too many HP to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #3986
Danny
Head Coach

Ill mark him on my schedule for Wed at this time as well.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #3987
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Nice, hopefully I didn't leave you too many HP to remove

Only 115 heh. First shot did it. Take out Donald Trumpet if you want. I just got him for around 300 - 350 HP. I don't recall. We may as well KO their top guys.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #3988
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Interesting, Chris P Cox isn't currently listed as a member of a town, must have hit & vacated to protect himself. Meanwhile Jimmie Jackson is too low for even me to duel him.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #3989
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Interesting, Chris P Cox isn't currently listed as a member of a town, must have hit & vacated to protect himself. Meanwhile Jimmie Jackson is too low for even me to duel him.

My cousin is off to duel him as a show of good faith.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #3990
Danny
Head Coach

I can hit Trumpet, even if it's only for 5xp, so I will head back over there in a few.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #3991
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am going after Ping right now then leaving. That will cover every guy in Hick Town I can reach.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #3992
DeToxRox
Head Coach

DeToxRox wins the duel and gains 41 experience points. ping007 did not carry any cash and DeToxRox walks away without taking any money.

Took him for 386. He got me for 28. So if anyone wants to finish him off go for it.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #3993
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm 68 minutes away from Hicktown & trying to put Ping to sleep (which IIRC I've never done as an attacker)
Old 09-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #3994
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Luke Warmwater wins the duel (272-53) and gains 84 experience points. ping007 did not carry any cash and Luke Warmwater walks away without taking any money.

edit: Hit him left arm R3, right arm R4 ... no hits in R 1/5 or 2/6 aiming for left hand FWIW
He hit me left shoulder R3

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-07-2009 at 03:45 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #3995
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Do we have any builders interested in town 3, yet?

Id like to have a few more purchase options, but dont have a build worth a crap for a builder
Old 09-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #3996
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heh, I'm on my way to Hicktown now and Donald is the only one who is awake and available to be dueled. Peter and Chester are KO, Ping and Jimmie are sleeping and the other guy (Cox) is nowhere to be seen. So we'll see if I can put the Donald on ice as well. It looks like he has upgraded his dueling gear while I've been away - he has some decent stuff for tactics - so I'm expecting a tough fight if someone hasn't knocked the stuffing out of him already.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #3997
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, Donald did not measure up very well. 414-0 just in case someone else wants to follow in behind me and put him on ice for 48 hours. I'll check in on Hicktown again in an hour or two to see if anyone else wakes up that is eligible for a beating.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #3998
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Only one awake when I got there was big Dogg...so I beat him down 455-0
Old 09-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #3999
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Crap...guess I should have been checking this thread over the weekend. My bad.

Dat needs an invite to El Dolado when someone gets a chance so he can buy a new gun. I'll see about shooting up Hick Town tomorrow (though it looks like you've taken care of most of the guys that are in my wheelhouse).
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 09-07-2009 at 08:23 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #4000
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Good job guys.