Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #4001
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I'm not dead set on the Samurai, but I don't have a compelling case to make for anyone else.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #4002
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Pfft.

Some of us need to have a life outside of WW after dedicating four or five hours a day to this game for about two and a half weeks now :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #4003
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Some of us need to have a life outside of WW after dedicating four or five hours a day to this game for about two and a half weeks now :P

Evidentally almost everyone left in the game agrees with you today
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #4004
HenryPym
Mascot

Now see if I was still alive I'd be posting a lot.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #4005
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

me too!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #4006
hoopsguy
General Manager

And here I was hoping to get the 4,000th post in this thread. Bummer.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #4007
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Delete 6 of your posts and you can.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #4008
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

I win!

Or.. you could quietly delete 6 of your earlier posts in this game, but then that would be defeating other goals of yours... tough lose-lose situation on your part.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #4009
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Nick Fury:

When you get here, in case I am not around.. I'll give you one chance to prove yourself to me. Use your device and tell me who is being controlled today. I have a way of using that information now thanks to my invention from last night. If you lie to me, I'll be able to tell.

This is very important to me since Thephoenix is now dead, the only person left that I know was not a rebel is you.. But you are of no use to me if I feel that you are controlled. So please take this offer for what it is, a chance to try to feel better about you.. but you need to provide me the information that I ask so I can use my device with your information. If you are still being controlled or try something shady, I'll know it.

Hey Mr. F, want to talk about this some, since not much else is going on? It occurs to me that I might be able to help with this.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #4010
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Hey Mr. F, want to talk about this some, since not much else is going on? It occurs to me that I might be able to help with this.

Well, both Mimic and I felt it highly likely that Nick Fury had been lying about no longer being possessed, so I took some time to invent something that would once and for all tell us if that was the case. It takes two days for me to first invent something and then build it.

So I figured I would call Nick Fury out on it today.. he either helps us or I expose him as a liar. I guess I didn't foresee option C occurring which happened today. So I guess my invention is fairly worthless as its main worth was to validate Nick's statements.. and well we did that.

So the only question left now.. since it appears that Nick is telling the truth, and no one is possessed, the Shadow King is stuck in the astral plane. I did a bit of research (ooc: wikipedia) and found that in the past there have been ways to sever the Shadow King's connection between the Astral Plane and our plane of existance. I think this might be something that someone else here might have as an ability or power. I definitely do not have anything that would be able to do the trick.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #4011
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I guess my question if you think you can help with this, do you have something that you think might be useful for this particular situation?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #4012
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I don't have anything that's useful to this exactly, but it seemed like something that my probability manipulation might be useful with.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #4013
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I don't have anything that's useful to this exactly, but it seemed like something that my probability manipulation might be useful with.

Ahh well, any ideas of anyone around who might have some ability to manipulate the different planes of existance?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #4014
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I wish I had a grasp of what relevance the Shadow King has to any of this. I don't have any ideas how my powers may be helpful in this situation.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #4015
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If I were still in the game, I'd be very talkative.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #4016
Raiders Army
Coordinator

If I were still alive I'd be posting a lot...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #4017
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I wish I had a grasp of what relevance the Shadow King has to any of this. I don't have any ideas how my powers may be helpful in this situation.

Me too. I'm trying to go back and see what he's done while he was possessing Nightcrawler and Nick Fury, but there's a ton to cover, and I'm really lagged. Can anyone summrize?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #4018
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

Assuming the Shadow King is a third party, my concern is not knowing what his win condition is. The fact that he can and has done things to disrupt us or harm us (see the attack on Jean Grey) indicates that he is not necessarily friendly to our interests.

Right now we have 10 players left, assume the shadow king is 1 of the 10, assume there is at least 2 rebels left (even possibly a third), which means at most we have 7 loyal players left, possibly even only 6.

A lynch that goes well for us today with a night kill that goes poorly would make the numbers 6-1-1 (or 5-2-1). If the lynch ends up being poor for us, that could make it 5-2-1 (or 4-3-1). The worst case scenerio would mean by tommorrow morning we could be at worst even money with those who are not interested in helping us. We know the rebels have to eliminate the remainder of us or they have to have a majority of the prelate spots. I am pretty sure that I won't be day killed at this point, so as long as I can stay alive at night, we won't have to worry about the second of those scenerios. I also still have one more trick up my sleeve that I am not mentioning if things get really bad for us number wise.. but I hope I won't have to play that.

So I am interested in identifying the rebels and removing them, but I also am concerned about how close the shadow king may or may not be to his win condition as well.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #4019
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Me too. I'm trying to go back and see what he's done while he was possessing Nightcrawler and Nick Fury, but there's a ton to cover, and I'm really lagged. Can anyone summrize?

As Nightcrawler, all we know is he was posssed the first few days and then killed on day 3 (I think) while still possessed. As far as I am aware, he didn't do anything with Nightcrawler at all during that time really. (maybe the shadow king wasn't around or unavailable to do much those days? Anyone else with low activity those three days that only showed up more actively afterwards?

As Nick Fury, he attacked and killed Jean grey, forcing her to go into the form of the phoenix, then left his body evidentally before doing anything else other than a short dialogue with Doom.

He then possessed Aardwolf (according to Nick Fury) and I don't recall him doing much at all, and Aardwolf was killed by Chief Rum yesterday I assume sending the shadow lord back to the astral plane.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #4020
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Was there a day between Nightcrawler dying and the attack on the phoenix? Perhaps the Shadow King has to wait a day between leaving one host and taking another?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #4021
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
As Nightcrawler, all we know is he was posssed the first few days and then killed on day 3 (I think) while still possessed. As far as I am aware, he didn't do anything with Nightcrawler at all during that time really. (maybe the shadow king wasn't around or unavailable to do much those days? Anyone else with low activity those three days that only showed up more actively afterwards?

As Nick Fury, he attacked and killed Jean grey, forcing her to go into the form of the phoenix, then left his body evidentally before doing anything else other than a short dialogue with Doom.

He then possessed Aardwolf (according to Nick Fury) and I don't recall him doing much at all, and Aardwolf was killed by Chief Rum yesterday I assume sending the shadow lord back to the astral plane.

Updating this timeline a bit.

Nightcrawler according to Firebird was infected by night 1 as Firebird got messages regarding that on night 1.

We don't know anything that nightcrawler did on day 2 or 3 before he died.

On Night 4 Nick Fury attacked Jean grey as possessed evidentally
Old 10-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #4022
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I don't really like metagaming reasons too much at times.. but i can't help myself here..

The times when the shadowking has seemingly been fairly inactive also seem to correlate to when the spiderman has not been around has it not? Spiderman was not available days 2 or 3, and as far as know Nightcrawler did nothing then. Spiderman hasn't been around today at all, and as far as we know the shadowking has not infected anyone else.. I actually kind of put this together while looking through past shadowking activity.. Secretly I had been wondering up until this post if Scarlet Witch was the shadowking.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #4023
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I guess I'll cast this out there just in case, as a placeholder. I think we need an answer on his loyalties given the fact that he took at a prelates guard at the last minute.

standard attack Silver Samurai
Old 10-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #4024
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

We know that night kills don't block a special action, but we don't necessarily understand how the shadow king works. I think based on what I've just been looking at, I think I'll feel better if I lock up any special actions Spiderman might have for today. He has three different days with unknown actions this game, and his timeline matches up way too well with shadow king timeline for my tastes.

Revoke guard duty for Cable
Order Spiderman to guard Mr.Fantastic
Old 10-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #4025
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Oh, Vision ordered Spiderman to guard yesterday. That means if he was evil he could refuse my order today which would be even worse.. So much for that idea.. I'm switching back.. but I don't like the idea of Spiderman being free to do whatever... Any ideas on what to do with him?

Revoke Guard duty for Spiderman
Order Cable to guard Mr.fantastic
Old 10-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #4026
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I don't really like metagaming reasons too much at times.. but i can't help myself here..

The times when the shadowking has seemingly been fairly inactive also seem to correlate to when the spiderman has not been around has it not? Spiderman was not available days 2 or 3, and as far as know Nightcrawler did nothing then. Spiderman hasn't been around today at all, and as far as we know the shadowking has not infected anyone else.. I actually kind of put this together while looking through past shadowking activity.. Secretly I had been wondering up until this post if Scarlet Witch was the shadowking.

I'm definitely not the Shadow King. Based on hearing that he was in the astral plane, I assume that the Shadow King is not one of us, and is some other being that can only talking to us if he possesses one of us.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #4027
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I'm definitely not the Shadow King. Based on hearing that he was in the astral plane, I assume that the Shadow King is not one of us, and is some other being that can only talking to us if he possesses one of us.

How do we beat something like that then if no one has any special ability to stop it, and it is not a player we can lynch?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #4028
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Is he something that could be sent to the negative zone?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #4029
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Is he something that could be sent to the negative zone?

Possibly if I can find QuickSilver's remains and piece the remote back together..
Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #4030
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
How do we beat something like that then if no one has any special ability to stop it, and it is not a player we can lynch?

I have no idea. I guess the thing is that we don't need to beat it -- we just need to make sure it doesn't do us any harm. Probably the best way to do that is keep up our D.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #4031
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Oh, Vision ordered Spiderman to guard yesterday. That means if he was evil he could refuse my order today which would be even worse.. So much for that idea.. I'm switching back.. but I don't like the idea of Spiderman being free to do whatever... Any ideas on what to do with him?

Revoke Guard duty for Spiderman
Order Cable to guard Mr.fantastic

Direct him to web himself?
Old 10-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #4032
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Direct him to web himself?

Can only order someone to guard, mission or galactus. He could still refuse any of those since he guarded yesterday.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #4033
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Special Actions participated in, v7.3:
(Through Day 7; Added what I could find for Day 5)
25. Spider Man - Galactus, Unknown, Unknown, Guard, Unknown, Web Attack, Web Attack

If Spiderman is the shadowking.. how does it fit into this? Does this mean Nightcrawler would have to have been possessed day/night 2 instead, Nick Fury possessed night 3 (after nightcrawler's death), and Aardwolf possessed on night 5? I don't know if I have enough time to go back and see if that even matches up at all to anything...

Not sure that Spiderman being the shadow king is necessarily a slam dunk here at all.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #4034
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Well.. looks like very little conversation happening. I have been informed that I have to leave my lab for a few hours tonight by the wife (ooc: movie night to see Appaloosa), so I might as well get an attack in now.

I haven't really convinced myself that Spiderman is the Shadow King, and for the most part there isn't much other conversation regarding it. I am not convinced that going after the Shadow King is more important then hunting down a rebel anyways. So guess I'll just go with the default group consensus.

Standard Attack Silver Samurai
Old 10-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #4035
Punisher
High School JV

I'm in from work, I'll be in and out through the night.

I'm definitely not set on Silver Samurai. In fact, I won't be shooting at him. My fire will be directed at a prelate.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #4036
Punisher
High School JV

Attack Magneto

Nothing personal. I only have three of you to choose from. I've got to do something.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #4037
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I'm in from work, I'll be in and out through the night.

I'm definitely not set on Silver Samurai. In fact, I won't be shooting at him. My fire will be directed at a prelate.

Aim well, then. If you kill the wrong one -- and there is rebel prelate -- the rebels come very close to winning.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #4038
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Attack Magneto

Nothing personal. I only have three of you to choose from. I've got to do something.

Just taking a pot shot? Or you know I have about 10 minutes to defend myself before being gone for the night.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #4039
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Standard Defense
Old 10-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #4040
Punisher
High School JV

Sorry, got sidetracked (just got home). Just a pot shot, I have nothing on you other than a gut feeling...my gut's wrong a lot, though, I'll admit that.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #4041
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I think it's a bad idea to go after a Prelate on a gut feeling at this point in the game.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #4042
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

The Shadow King left Nightcrawler before he got killed. I was possessed before he was dead. I'm not sure why Nightcrawler was so quiet. I'm guessing he may have been frustrated from losing his character and may not have even been online to see he got control back.
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #4043
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Nick, do you know why the Shadow King left you, then?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #4044
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I was going to create a power to kill him, but it would have taken far too much and you guys would not given me the time I needed to do it with the mistrust that was on me before I proved today I am not still possessed.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #4045
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
If Spiderman is the shadowking.. how does it fit into this? Does this mean Nightcrawler would have to have been possessed day/night 2 instead, Nick Fury possessed night 3 (after nightcrawler's death), and Aardwolf possessed on night 5? I don't know if I have enough time to go back and see if that even matches up at all to anything...

Not sure that Spiderman being the shadow king is necessarily a slam dunk here at all.

I'm more convinced that the Shadow King is a separate player at this point. And I agree, we don't have to kill him, the rebels are the ones who need to kill him. We just need to keep him from doing harm.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #4046
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
I don't specifically recall attempting to turn you against Reed. I do remember publicly mistrusting you, though, on more than one occasion.

I still would need convincing to agree to your continued existance beyond another day or two.

In your favor is that you might be potentially useful to Reed today. Also, the Samurai remains a better target.

I browsed over the posts very quickly last night when I got home from a long day. I obviously did not interpret what I read very well. Still, you wanting to kill would simply be another stupid villager play if you are indeed one. It is proved that I am not a rebel and now it is proved I am no longer possessed by the Shadow King
Old 10-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #4047
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Nick, do you know why the Shadow King left you, then?

He was caught, at that point there was greater risk to him staying on my character. Plus, as a player, after playing with my character, using one of my abilities, it might be fun to go to another one and check out their abilities.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #4048
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I think it's a bad idea to go after a Prelate on a gut feeling at this point in the game.

I agree, there is at least 1 rebel who is not a prelate. As the village, we need to do a better job of coordinating and working as a team. We need to talk about the reasons behind our votes, what we know. Remember, it's not simply most votes get killed. We need to do enough damage to kill someone. We can't afford to have no day kills and then a night kill.

I'm curious about specials as I've seen very few special abilities from a couple players. I can't remember a single ability used by Ghostrider, Cable, Magneto (unless standard defense is a special), and Vision.

I may have missed a special, so don't take this an attack. I just have to imagine that some of these players must have something useful for the village.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #4049
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I was relooking at some notes I made while I was possessed and not able to post. I am going to the Beast kill. Vision used a special on Quicksilver when it was probably not necessary in order to make sure he was killed. This almost makes me feel a little bit better about him, as that would have been a foolish waste from a rebel, especially that early in the game.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #4050
Punisher
High School JV

As someone pointed out earlier today, I believe we have a rebel in our prelate mix. That belief leads me to my attack. I have no strong feeling at this point about any of the remaining villagers.

The one thing that has my curiousity buzzing, though, the more I think of it...is this:

When I attacked Spiderman, there was something off about the PM I received in response...something about even if he had eyes in the back of his head he couldn't avoid the bullets I was firing. Yet he apparently did so with ease.

That's the only 'off' feeling I have about anyone, period. Going with the belief that a prelate is a rebel, I feel the need to go there.