Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #4101
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Silver Samurai.. even despite your constant attacks at me (for no reason at all as far as I can tell), I still have doubts about this attack. I actually offered up various possible alternatives the last two days that anyone could have run with but didn't gain much traction. I believe one of the following is true:

1) You are bad and your fellow wolf(wolves) feel you are a lost cause

2) You are bad and your fellow wolf(wolves) think you can be a sacrificial lamb here

3) You are good and no one is going to rescue you here

4) Fridays suck and no one was around to make a case otherwise anyways.

But you seriously have to help your defense a little bit other than I'm right you're wrong. I just don't buy that and so far not much you have said has done anything other than push me more to being convinced about you. Part of your response has acted like a lion backed into the corner and now you have run out of options and are choosing to lash back out.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #4102
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Scarlet Witch would likely be energy wouldn't it? Magneto too? Maybe Cable?
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #4103
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Yes, I think my attack is energy based.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #4104
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I whole-heartedly agree about the misuse of action. I think we're going to find at the end that we've shot ourselves in the foot more than the rebels have dealt us blows (that's an exaggeration but you get the point). This is why I've been hesitant all game to break out my special or even power up my votes. Even when we had the first rebel dead to rights, I didn't power up my vote because I felt that only trouble could follow. Maybe that's too timid an approach but I am trying hard to err on the side of caution. My points have gone to missions where I know I can help and know I can do no harm to the village.

I agree, it's like people are saying, "ooh, I got this cool power, I have to use it". On the other hand, I see very few powers used that help us learn information. Maybe we had a shortage of those.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #4105
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
My only agenda with you is your stubborness. Trying to be open-minded now doesn't help me a whole lot. There aren't enough heroes around to change tonight's result.

Before you jumped on the lynch Silver Samurai bandwagon and refused to even consider simple logic, I considered you probably my most trusted hero in the game. I still think you are very much a villager (that hasn't changed). A very misguided one (and not the only one by far, and at least now you're finally listening, not sure anyone else except maybe Nick Fury and the Punisher), but a villager nonetheless.

You obviously just skim posts or are feeding everyone a line. If anything, I have absolutely not been one tracked minded.. And I wish you hadn't done what you did yesterday so thephoenix could even tell you. I went yesterday coming in with thinking about pushing a scarlet witch vote if I could find reason for it, to wondering if it was too risky to try to go after Vision, to deciding the evidence against you looked the worst.

Today I have definitely spent more of my day talking about Spiderman's possible guilt then I have about yours.

So if you want to make the last 15 minutes about my agenda, then I have better things to do right now.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #4106
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Yes, I think my attack is energy based.

No one made an attack on Silver Samurai after he put up his energy shield.

Scarlet Witch made the attack previous to it, the phoenix the one before that.

So either those two are the only ones that used energy in their attack yesterday, or the defense is entirely random in who is assigned the damage from the defense, or Silver Samurai targeted the phoenix.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #4107
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Silver Samurai.. even despite your constant attacks at me (for no reason at all as far as I can tell), I still have doubts about this attack. I actually offered up various possible alternatives the last two days that anyone could have run with but didn't gain much traction. I believe one of the following is true:

1) You are bad and your fellow wolf(wolves) feel you are a lost cause

2) You are bad and your fellow wolf(wolves) think you can be a sacrificial lamb here

3) You are good and no one is going to rescue you here

4) Fridays suck and no one was around to make a case otherwise anyways.

But you seriously have to help your defense a little bit other than I'm right you're wrong. I just don't buy that and so far not much you have said has done anything other than push me more to being convinced about you. Part of your response has acted like a lion backed into the corner and now you have run out of options and are choosing to lash back out.

First of all, enough about the attacks. I am discussing things here now and not attacking you at the moment, and haven't for several posts now. You don't need to bring it up every post. I got it, you're not happy about my attacks. Move...on.

I am not trying to save myself. I'm not really interested in continuing to play. No one seems too interested in saving me, and even if I live, you all will still wonder anyway. So, it's best for your phsyches if I die, even if it's awful that you will have killed an ally.

I tried to argue for my defense, but no one listened. That's no longer my problem.

STANDARD ATTACK NO ONE

STANDARD DEFENSE
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #4108
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Silver, we have to kill someone. Not killing puts the game completely in the hands of the rebels. You should not take it personally.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #4109
Punisher
High School JV

Maybe you forgot I attacked Magneto. Really, Sammy, I'll be happy when you're gone at this point.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #4110
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
First of all, enough about the attacks. I am discussing things here now and not attacking you at the moment, and haven't for several posts now. You don't need to bring it up every post. I got it, you're not happy about my attacks. Move...on.

I am not trying to save myself. I'm not really interested in continuing to play. No one seems too interested in saving me, and even if I live, you all will still wonder anyway. So, it's best for your phsyches if I die, even if it's awful that you will have killed an ally.

I tried to argue for my defense, but no one listened. That's no longer my problem.

STANDARD ATTACK NO ONE

STANDARD DEFENSE

Fine, then my vote is staying put.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #4111
Punisher
High School JV

(Not to make it sound personal)
Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #4112
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
I agree, it's like people are saying, "ooh, I got this cool power, I have to use it". On the other hand, I see very few powers used that help us learn information. Maybe we had a shortage of those.

Yeah, I think we overloaded ourselves with offensive powers. I have heard little talk of scanning abilities and the like, which is why we have little to no information. I don't like killing Samurai (or anyone) at this point for information and yet its the only way we're going to get information. Magneto's analysis, right or wrong, I feel like was our best chance at any basis for voting. With the exception of the first lost mission, the things we've found have all been weaponry. We really needed that first mission and I think that is what we're paying for now. Well, that, and everyone's desire to use their powers.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #4113
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
You obviously just skim posts or are feeding everyone a line. If anything, I have absolutely not been one tracked minded.. And I wish you hadn't done what you did yesterday so thephoenix could even tell you. I went yesterday coming in with thinking about pushing a scarlet witch vote if I could find reason for it, to wondering if it was too risky to try to go after Vision, to deciding the evidence against you looked the worst.

Today I have definitely spent more of my day talking about Spiderman's possible guilt then I have about yours.

So if you want to make the last 15 minutes about my agenda, then I have better things to do right now.

No, actually, I read all of your posts. I know you tried to find other candidates. IMO, you didn't try hard enough. You always did it in a way that still said, "just in case, but actually I believe Silver Samurai is a baddie." You're not nearly as bad as Magneto was yesterday, but you're the one leading the charge.

And, as far spending more time on Spiderman today, what was there left to argue about me? Those arguments were already made.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #4114
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Maybe you forgot I attacked Magneto. Really, Sammy, I'll be happy when you're gone at this point.

I will be happy when I am gone, too. I can't wait actually.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #4115
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Fine, then my vote is staying put.

Shocking.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #4116
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Yeah, I think we overloaded ourselves with offensive powers. I have heard little talk of scanning abilities and the like, which is why we have little to no information. I don't like killing Samurai (or anyone) at this point for information and yet its the only way we're going to get information. Magneto's analysis, right or wrong, I feel like was our best chance at any basis for voting. With the exception of the first lost mission, the things we've found have all been weaponry. We really needed that first mission and I think that is what we're paying for now. Well, that, and everyone's desire to use their powers.

Definitely can't lump me in that boat. The most offensive thing that I have is probably my Bad odor when I work too long in the lab for a weekend and forget to shower. I do have all kinds of various defense abilities and likely will take quite alot if anyone ever finds an opportunity to try to take me out, they'll likely have to put quite alot into it.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #4117
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
(Not to make it sound personal)

It's not, and actually people are trying to make it out far more personal on my end than it is, too. I'm not saying I am emotionless over here. I am just saying. I am disgusted by the lack of foresight of the village in general, including myself. I am as disgusted with my performance as anyone's.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #4118
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Yeah, plus some abilities like yours are very situational. I have an ability that can prevent me from being killed, but up until now I never felt that was a possibility, so haven't used it. Considering there are only two cleared people and I am the one unprotected, I think I will be using it now, but if I had died earlier, I never would have gotten the chance.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #4119
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

SS, it probably doesn't matter now, but I still don't get how you were sure that Aardwolf was a rebel. It seems like you were saying that YOU were sure that Magneto was a rebel, but when I asked why you attacked Aardwolf, you said it was basically because that's what more other people thought. If that's all you had to go on, what made you so sure?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #4120
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

If Samurai was a rebel and had energy, why wouldn't he attack us in his last moments?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #4121
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

If SS really could have taken out anyone, and if he's a rebel, that leads me to believe all the Prelates are good -- otherwise, he would have gone after a Prelate. But if all the Prelates are good, why would they attack Dr. Doom? Don't you love thinking with one minute to go that bandwagon you sat and watched happen all day might be wrong?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #4122
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Maybe he does not have enough energy to do so. He used up a ton of energy yesterday I am sure.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #4123
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm basically debating that he's either go no energy to mount an attack or we're wrong Scarlet, so yeah. This is why I took a break from this game once, situations like this.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #4124
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

WITHDRAW ATTACK SILVER SAMURAI
STANDARD ATTACK CABLE
Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #4125
Punisher
High School JV

I feel lynching Sammy was the wrong move, but that apparently is just me.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #4126
Tyrith
College Starter

DEADLINE.

SW's attack is good. Results in about two minutes.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #4127
Punisher
High School JV

That was out of left field, it seemed.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #4128
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
If SS really could have taken out anyone, and if he's a rebel, that leads me to believe all the Prelates are good -- otherwise, he would have gone after a Prelate. But if all the Prelates are good, why would they attack Dr. Doom? Don't you love thinking with one minute to go that bandwagon you sat and watched happen all day might be wrong?

Who else would we have killed though?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #4129
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I'm not going to go crazy spending energy to save SS, since I have no reason to look at Cable -- I just glanced at Page 1 and picked a name I felt had been quiet recently. If it helps, it helps. If not and SS ends up being good, well, there have been bad lynches before.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #4130
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

Magneto. He postured about attacking him a lot. He even claimed today that he thought Magneto was more likely to have been a rebel, but went with Aardwolf because he thought that's who more of us would have chosen. Which seems like BS to me, but maybe it was honest? Oy, I dunno.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #4131
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I feel lynching Sammy was the wrong move, but that apparently is just me.

I wondered about it a bit this morning after I found much of what Magneto based his list on was bad assumptions.

I couldn't get past the other evidence not even based on that list though which never was once explained away other than either randomness, coeincidence or me being stubborn...

So at this point I feel pretty good about this lynch.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #4132
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Yeah, this is what I kept coming back to. And we need the information here of whether Magneto's analysis still holds some water (despite nightkills not being special) and why aardwolf had to die. So I think we get the most info here.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #4133
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Sorry Nick, I thought you asked who else HE would have killed, i.e. last night. Who else would WE have killed? No idea. If I had one, I might have brought it up today, but I'm as clueless as the next here, if not more.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #4134
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Magneto. He postured about attacking him a lot. He even claimed today that he thought Magneto was more likely to have been a rebel, but went with Aardwolf because he thought that's who more of us would have chosen. Which seems like BS to me, but maybe it was honest? Oy, I dunno.

I mean us, today instead of SilverSamurai
Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #4135
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

Aren't you arguing out both sides of your mouth right now? You feel SS is a bad choice, but then say this. I didn't push you much as a lynch option the past two days mostly because thephoenix felt very good about you. She told me in private several reasons that she thought you were likely not a rebel. I personally felt much of that was not a great reason to have much trust in you and felt differently. I let her convince me to not push you much though. I wonder if that has been a mistake.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #4136
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Sorry Nick, I thought you asked who else HE would have killed, i.e. last night. Who else would WE have killed? No idea. If I had one, I might have brought it up today, but I'm as clueless as the next here, if not more.

I am too, I find having the identities hidden makes this MUCH harder. Knowing someone playing style helps a lot to determine whether or not you think they are likely to be bad.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #4137
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Aren't you arguing out both sides of your mouth right now? You feel SS is a bad choice, but then say this. I didn't push you much as a lynch option the past two days mostly because thephoenix felt very good about you. She told me in private several reasons that she thought you were likely not a rebel. I personally felt much of that was not a great reason to have much trust in you and felt differently. I let her convince me to not push you much though. I wonder if that has been a mistake.

I just SAID that I was confused, what more do you want? Either way, if SS is a rebel, I don't think I really did us much harm by not attacking him. I only put one point on him, and one point on Cable, so I doubt it will have an effect either way.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #4138
Tyrith
College Starter

The collected heroes of the former Dominion of Doom seem to be of one mind today. Magneto and Cable start off by attacking Silver Samurai, who staggers, already weakened from the prior day's events. Vision tries to follow suit, but the samurai deftly avoids his blast. Then Ghost Rider comes by flicks his whip. Silver Samurai falls to the ground in two pieces. Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, and Spiderman come and beat the junk out of the corpse, seemingly out of a lack of anythig better to do. After everyone gets bored at lashing out, you examine the decimated remains and realize that Samurai was no rebel.

Punisher takes a potshot at Magneto, but doesn't accomplish much. And Scarlet Witch makes a last second switch and nicks Cable. Not much happening here.

Damage numbers will be posted later. Night 9 deadline is 5 AM Monday.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #4139
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm fine with the kill. I'm not sold on SS being a rebel. but he was the best choice today and not being very helpful if he does happen to be a villager.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #4140
Punisher
High School JV

Sigh. Off to bed. Sorry, Sammy.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #4141
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Aren't you arguing out both sides of your mouth right now?

Yeah, but aren't we all right now? We're all kind of hedging our bets (me included) because a bad vote screws the village and could get a person lynched tomorrow. I held my vote because of the need for information.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #4142
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

By that color write-up, is he a third party or good?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #4143
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
By that color write-up, is he a third party or good?

Color was because I did it and not hoops. Silver Samurai = villager.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #4144
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

And the list of village shooting itself in foot grows. So now we figure after a night kill we are down to 6-2 or 5-3 ratio.

So tonights result was a foregone conclusion for the rebels. The list of players who were not here for the result were Magneto, Vision, Cable, and Spiderman were not even here to consider moving their vote.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #4145
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Nick, I think it's worse than that. If the Shadowking takes possession again, we're possibly 4 villagers, 3 wolves, and the Shadow King. That is horribly bleak. Yeah, that's worst case scenario but we continue to kill ourselves basically and each of us is equally guilty. I do agree though, looking at who wasn't here may be a solid way to look.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #4146
Danny
Head Coach

Ghostrider, how come you don't have the power Penance Stare which allows you to stare down a player and if he his bad, do damage to him.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 PM   #4147
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Ghostrider, how come you don't have the power Penance Stare which allows you to stare down a player and if he his bad, do damage to him.

My penance stare is the one I described before but doesn't do that unfortunately. Instead, it uses a persons 'badness' (their attack) from the day before back on them as a means of making them feel their victim's pain.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #4148
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Ah, it doesn't help us much if we don't know who is bad. I fear we may have to take some risks here coming up though.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #4149
SilverSamurai
n00b

Good luck, everyone. I gave the village a gift before I died, as I said I would. So someone should be richer for it. I hope your next lynch goes better.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #4150
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Magneto, what are your thoughts as to all of this?