Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #4251
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Mimic was obviously good, but he didn't have any special knowledge regarding Magneto's allegiance at that time (or before he died).

Understood. I was filling in the blanks, as it were, answering the question more fully.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #4252
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Mr. Fantasy, was Vision ever cleared by the hounds?

I would surmise that the answer to this question is found in the simmering distrust of me which Dr. Richards has espoused for the past three days.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #4253
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Egypt Mission:

Mission participants: GhostRider, Colossus, Quicksilver, SilverSurfer, Aardwolf, Mimic, EmmaFrost

All confirmed good except Ghostrider

Cable was awfully quick to go to Galactus instead.

NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #4254
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mr. Fantasy, was Vision ever cleared by the hounds?

No, the only other person besides myself that had been cleared of being a rebel that is still around is Nick Fury. However with him there was the case of him not being a rebel, but was posessed. I don't see how that would have possibly changed him to being a rebel, so I assume he is still not a rebel.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #4255
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm a rebel, just not that kind of a rebel
Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #4256
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Egypt Mission:

Mission participants: GhostRider, Colossus, Quicksilver, SilverSurfer, Aardwolf, Mimic, EmmaFrost

So either one of two things are true: Either Ghostrider is bad, or the rebels don't have to go on a mission to win it. Probably best to ask Hoops if that is the case before we go down another Silver Samurai path here. If they can't win a mission without joining it, then this seems obvious.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #4257
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I have to leave for a while to test out a new pumpking picking invention that I have created for the kids.

ooc: gotta run. back later.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #4258
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Day 1 mission that the rebels won. On this team is one confirmed rebel, and one unknown. May be on to something

The place - Tunisia

The force - Magneto, EmmaFrost, JeanGrey, Quicksilver, Colossus, Beast, Firebird, Gambit

The result - failure, the girl lives and is not aligned with your forces.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #4259
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Egypt Mission:

If we need any other reason to rail against the Shadow King, you are illustrating it today, Nick Fury. Analysis such as you are providing today would have been invaluable several days ago, when you were under the sway of the Possessor.

Much of what you've presented has merely reinforced my impressions, but one thing you've done for me is to change my mind on Wanda entirely. Thank you.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #4260
Cable
Mascot

I didn't get anything from us winning the Stryfe mission.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #4261
hoopsguy
General Manager

Rebels do not need to participate on a Mission to win the Mission. Their actions to oppose a Mission do not take place within the thread.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #4262
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Day 1 mission that the rebels won. On this team is one confirmed rebel, and one unknown. May be on to something

The place - Tunisia

The force - Magneto, EmmaFrost, JeanGrey, Quicksilver, Colossus, Beast, Firebird, Gambit

The result - failure, the girl lives and is not aligned with your forces.

However, I believe that the Powers have stated more than once that sabotage against the missions would be made public. The mere failure to expend enough energy is a difficult criteria to assign blame.

Early in the game we didn't really have any sense of how much investment must be made in a mission to promote success, so some (including myself) may have used only one point of energy. Later on, many (including myself) had no doubt expended a great deal of energy, which necessitated its conservation on one or more missions.

Please continue, as you may stumble upon something useful, but I question the utility of the previous point.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #4263
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Rebels do not need to participate on a Mission to win the Mission. Their actions to oppose a Mission do not take place within the thread.

That's what I expected. I think it's becoming clear we need to go after Cable. I see no place in this thread in which his energy has been used much at all. Perhaps he used it all on that egypt mission or other rebel actions?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #4264
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

And it would seem that the Powers have responded before me, and in a much more concise fashion.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #4265
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
That's what I expected. I think it's becoming clear we need to go after Cable. I see no place in this thread in which his energy has been used much at all. Perhaps he used it all on that egypt mission or other rebel actions?

Ah, I see your point now. I was misreading your intent.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #4266
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
If we need any other reason to rail against the Shadow King, you are illustrating it today, Nick Fury. Analysis such as you are providing today would have been invaluable several days ago, when you were under the sway of the Possessor.

Much of what you've presented has merely reinforced my impressions, but one thing you've done for me is to change my mind on Wanda entirely. Thank you.

And thank you.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:43 AM   #4267
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm going to look more into energy usage as I think that's really important. I know myself, Mr. Fantastic and Scarlet Witch have used multiple special abilities and Scarlet used a lot on a mission as well.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #4268
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

What about Magneto? Has he used much energy at all? You would someone like him would have quite a bit.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #4269
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I'm going to look more into energy usage as I think that's really important. I know myself, Mr. Fantastic and Scarlet Witch have used multiple special abilities and Scarlet used a lot on a mission as well.

One thing to note, is that I don't think everyone gains the same amount of energy per day.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #4270
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Posted from rules

Recovery:
All characters recover 4 energy and 1 health per day unless otherwise noted. Health cannot exceed the starting value, but there is no cap on energy levels.

If a character does not launch an attack during the Day cycle they will only recover 2 energy. This is in place to encourage participation and to remove any incentives to skipping an action during the day.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #4271
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Still, I am sure both Cable and Magneto have ample recovery considering their abilities and energy wielding potential.

Punisher, Ghost Rider, Spiderman I am sure also regain that minimum as I do myself and I'm probably as low on the totem poll when it comes to potential to wield energy, being a normal human and all.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #4272
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Ghostrider, Punisher, I tend to trust both you, can you give me an energy usage report please? I don't need to know what you currently have, but what you have used would be helpful as I don't remember either of you two using any specials.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #4273
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
You want to come after me based on the fact that I haven't said much, yet you'll leave Magento alone?

I have been a part of successfully killing 2 rebels. I have been on a couple of very successful missions.

Magneto single-handedly caused the death of 2 loyalists working off of a bad assumption. We all know that as a wolf, you think through every single one of your moves. Magneto knew that the question of whether or not a night kill was a special action hadn't been asked yet. So, he put this logic out there, getting everyone to vote for Samurai, causing Samurai to use that rod against another loyalist. It is a good thing that Mr. F. asked the question. I believe everyone assumes there is still a Prelate rebel. Of those left, Magneto is the only one that has done anything to work against our efforts and that has been totally forgotten.

I have done a few things to help our effort. I may not have provided a lot of detailed, mind shattering analysis, but I haven't done anything against our effort. If you guys want to kill me, go right ahead. You'll be putting the rebels one step closer to winning.

Since Cable is the likely next lynch. If he comes up Rebel as I think he will, I think we need to think about Magneto. If a rebel, this looks like it could be a play to gain trust in Magneto. As a real push, this seems foolish as Cable has to know it's very unlikely there will be a run on one of the prelates for the next vote.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #4274
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I'd like to avoid a run on Cable developing tomorrow morning, if you don't mind. I've got something up my sleeve. If you gotta vote since you won't be back I understand, and I guess it's not a big deal since attacks can be withdrawn, but just be ready for me to say something.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #4275
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I don't expect a run in the morning. i know I wont be voting until after work. Plus I trust you now, at least more so than most, so that helps
Old 10-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #4276
Cable
Mascot

Come and kill me guys. It is another stupid move by the loyalists. At this point, we have made way too many mistakes for us to win anyway. Kill me so that I don't have to worry about it any more.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:23 AM   #4277
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Why don't you come clean then about your abilities and energy usage? You know, actually be of some help to the village
Old 10-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #4278
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Why don't you come clean then about your abilities and energy usage? You know, actually be of some help to the village

How does revealing my abilities help the village? It helps the rebels better understand who to kill.

I am used to dying for silly reasons. I will just chalk this up to that.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #4279
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

How does being stubborn and offering us no information help the village? Its a day and a half from when the lynch is and this is how you feel? Perhaps you simply don't want to offer up any more potential incriminating evidence for your fellow rebel?
Old 10-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #4280
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

This sounds like something that can wait until Monday. We're at night now -- I can totally understand Cable not wanting to play his hand now, with the night kill looming. I sure don't want to play mine.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #4281
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

I understand not wanting to reveal his power, but he has been unresponsive to questions like this the whole game. Just generally unhelpful.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #4282
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

I agree fully. This is what I meant earlier when I said that his post regarding the Beast's actions in relation to the Scarlet Witch was telling. I am not against admitting I was wrong, and perhaps I was indeed wrong and thephoenix was correct in our private conversations.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #4283
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
I understand not wanting to reveal his power, but he has been unresponsive to questions like this the whole game. Just generally unhelpful.

I don't believe I have been asked prior to your recent interrogation. If I was, I missed it.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #4284
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

Thanks Hoops.

This gives me a different thought, another topic I had discussed with thephoenix previously in regarding the mission where the mutant killing robots seemingly didn't even show up. I had asked thephoenix if perhaps our winning that mission was designed to make some of the bad guys look good. Wheras the missions that we lost badly (like the egypt one) were designed to make us look bad. Now that we have this clarification from hoops, it makes me feel a little better about ghost rider.

It also makes me feel that perhaps we should look closer to see who went on the missions that we won easily and determine if perhaps someone there was supposed to look good and the rebels slipped one of their own in on the mission to gain more trust for them early on?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #4285
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mission Team: SilverSamurai, Cable, Vision, HenryPym, Nightcrawler, Beast, Firebird, Quicksilver, Magneto, Aardwolf, Punisher

Results: utter destruction of Sentinel base.

Details: confer with members of strike force.

This is the mission that I remember being a complete blowout where we won easily and it was mentioned that it seemed like no one even opposed us.

In this list we see Beast among known rebels.

People who are still alive in this list are Cable, Vision, Magneto and Punisher

I wonder if this mission was the setup mission where it was designed to try to make rebels look good?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #4286
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mission Participants: SilverSamurai, Phoenix, Magneto, SilverSurfer, GhostRider, Cable

Results: Invaders sent back to Negative Zone. Minimal casulties.

Here is another one that was reported that we won easily. No known rebels listed on this mission.

Of interest, note that once again Cable and Magneto both were on this force.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #4287
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
You note that Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlett Witch, is once again bending probability to her will.

Mission Participants: Phoenix, SilverSamurai, Cable, Magneto, Vision, Punisher

Mission Result: success, threat Stryfe has been detained, other foes eliminated

This is the other mission we have won..

Once again Cable and Magneto on this mission
Old 10-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #4288
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Like I said before, I am pretty hesitant for us to go after a prelate for the reasons that I have mentioned multiple times. So I don't think it is wise to target Magneto directly

I think it is worth looking at Cable monday though and then see where that leads us.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #4289
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
As I have now fully resolved my inner perplexation at the situation we have found ourselves in, I have noted what I perceive are some interesting patterns developing.

Certain members of our commune are taking rather extensive means to ingratiate themselves to the perceived leaders of said commune, as opposed to paying the due amount of respect to those whom are actualy seated in positions of power. While I am far from disputing the power and authority of both Magneto and the Professor, the deference paid to them and their ideas while having had little or no guidance and input provided by the Prelature is, in my humble (though hardly unqualified) opinion, a subtle form of disobediance towards our Lord Apocolypse.

However, I do not fault Magneto and Charles for this per se, but more, I find the actions of those who seem overanxious to ally themselves with those with a reputation for leadership to be the more suspicious.

It would appear to me that in this particular arena Charles and Eric have no more jurisdiction over our actions than anyone else, and blindly following them into action could prove as detrimental as attacking Galactus unaided.

Further, I have considered the prospect of individually attacking one of our fellow Disciples with a minimum of force to be illogical. First, we have no knowledge of each others abilities other than the preconceptions of our previous encounters. Mutation is a constantly evloving condition, of which I am living proof. The ability to secretly amplify or transfer damage could be possessed by any number of our thirty. I think it is an extremely dangerous proposition to request a minimum damage be affected on all of us, giving opportunity for the traitors to ambush some who may be perceived as weaker of fortitude.

Here is a very early example of Beast casting aspersion upon the name of Magneto. Rebel seeking to undermine a loyalist, or is this preemptory ploy to cast two rebels as being at cross purposes?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #4290
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
This is the mission that I remember being a complete blowout where we won easily and it was mentioned that it seemed like no one even opposed us.

I wonder if this mission was the setup mission where it was designed to try to make rebels look good?

Quote:
Here is another one that was reported that we won easily. No known rebels listed on this mission.

Of interest, note that once again Cable and Magneto both were on this force.

Quote:
This is the other mission we have won..

Once again Cable and Magneto on this mission

Quote:
Like I said before, I am pretty hesitant for us to go after a prelate for the reasons that I have mentioned multiple times. So I don't think it is wise to target Magneto directly

I think it is worth looking at Cable monday though and then see where that leads us.

Reed, beware the potential to over-think things. Look back at your comments, you seem to be suggesting that we distrust those who succeeded in missions against the rebels? On a case by case basis, this has merit, depending on the situation, but I am wary of throwing the same blanket over all the successful mission participants.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #4291
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Ghostrider, Punisher, I tend to trust both you, can you give me an energy usage report please? I don't need to know what you currently have, but what you have used would be helpful as I don't remember either of you two using any specials.
Let's see, off hand I know I used 3 on Spiderman that first day. I haven't kept notes on myself, but I'll try. I regained 4 going into day 2. I believe on day 2 I may have tried going on a mission maybe? I'm almost positive I used 4 energy for the mission, mistakingly thinking that 4 energy was the max allowed for a mission (I realized my mistake later). My attack took me to 5 energy for the day. I think on the third day I helped attack the Destroyer or something, which I believe I posted in the game that I was using 4 points there as well. I can't remember who I attacked that day, but I assume it was a point as well. That appears to be correct as my day 4 info from the mods show I went down a point overall.

The next day went through the weekend...I interrogated Mimic for 5 and attacked someone for 1. Fits with my next day's info from the mods...I went down 2 overall.

If I'm not mistaken, this is when I tried to throw the grenade (I did so unsuccessfully I believe the day I attacked the Destroyer) the 2nd time, and told of it's lame limitations by the mods. I still have a few PMs from that day where I corresponded with the mods about it with the title "day 5 info", so I'm assuming it fits there.

I know I was questioning about Aardwolf's inability to do anything on day 6...and asked the mods to set the record straight. I also received a role play bonus of energy points or whatever they are called. I believe my attack at this point was just one point, but I'd have to check.

Day 7 had me at beaucoup energy. That's where I used 8 to help blow up Galactus (which I believe I posted in thread) and hit Kang.

Day 8 I used 2 points to attack Sammy and 2 points to the mission.

Day 9 I used 4 points to attack Magneto.

Might be a hole or two in there that I haven't filled, but I most assuredly can.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #4292
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:

HAD TO BE. My details talked about how easily we won it.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #4293
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Reed, beware the potential to over-think things. Look back at your comments, you seem to be suggesting that we distrust those who succeeded in missions against the rebels? On a case by case basis, this has merit, depending on the situation, but I am wary of throwing the same blanket over all the successful mission participants.

Well mostly I found it interesting that we had a known bad guy on at least one of the successful missions (The robot one where it seemed like our guys were even mostly unopposed). I also just noted which two of the currently alive players left happened to be on all of the missions we won. I wasn't really saying anyone who ever went on a mission that we won must be bad. I think that would have been a bit backwards thinking.

I think where I am coming from is that this is just an additional train of thought that I had to apply to the rest of the evidence at hand. I found it interesting that two people still with us had been on all of those missions, but no one else around had. Is it enough by itself to lynch them? No, probably not. Just something else to think about.

I think in itself, there is enough to justify us looking further at Cable on Monday.. we can see where that goes. Someone else earlier today brought up the idea of Cable and Magneto possibly being together, I just happened to find another location where the two seemed a bit too intertwined.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #4294
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Since Cable is the likely next lynch. If he comes up Rebel as I think he will, I think we need to think about Magneto. If a rebel, this looks like it could be a play to gain trust in Magneto. As a real push, this seems foolish as Cable has to know it's very unlikely there will be a run on one of the prelates for the next vote.

Here is the quote I referred to earlier that drew a connection between Cable and Magneto. I didn't actively look through previous successful missions trying to find this correlation, but instead was more curious to see if rebels might have tried sneaking their own in on missions that were virtually unopposed to gain trust (which is obviously the case since Beast went on the second mission). It was just suprising to me that the only two players still alive that had gone on all of the missions were Cable and Magneto.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #4295
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Well mostly I found it interesting that we had a known bad guy on at least one of the successful missions (The robot one where it seemed like our guys were even mostly unopposed). I also just noted which two of the currently alive players left happened to be on all of the missions we won. I wasn't really saying anyone who ever went on a mission that we won must be bad. I think that would have been a bit backwards thinking.

I think where I am coming from is that this is just an additional train of thought that I had to apply to the rest of the evidence at hand. I found it interesting that two people still with us had been on all of those missions, but no one else around had. Is it enough by itself to lynch them? No, probably not. Just something else to think about.

I think in itself, there is enough to justify us looking further at Cable on Monday.. we can see where that goes. Someone else earlier today brought up the idea of Cable and Magneto possibly being together, I just happened to find another location where the two seemed a bit too intertwined.

Yeah, I am a rebel with Magneto.

It has been proven with other loyalists that we're incapable of killing the right folks. They put up good arguments that we should have listened to. I know you guys won't listen to me, so I'm not going to try. You guys will see once I am lynched tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #4296
Cable
Mascot

A tip to my fellow loyalists for the next night phase.

Save all of the chatter about who you want to lynch for the day cycle. Now the rebels know you're going to lynch me tomorrow and they won't night kill me. They'll let you do it tomorrow. They'll take out someone else tonight.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #4297
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
"Night kill" is not considered a special ability for many of the reasons outlined above.

Interesting that this comment from the Powers is from eleven days ago. Perhaps Magneto could have saved himself some trouble.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #4298
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Quote:
HAD TO BE. My details talked about how easily we won it.

At the time, I had no inkling that the missions were events that the rebels actually had to play an active role. I believed that particular mission result was a function of the Scarlet Witch's influence. This does bear thought. Was there anyone who was not originally going on that mission, but jumped in uninvited, or some such?
Old 10-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #4299
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
CABLE COMMITS TO THE SENTINEL MISSION TODAY

Quote:
Now we are presented with a mission on which the Vision might show his worth.

JOIN SENTINEL MISSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
First off, we shall avenge you Prelate Dr. Strange, never fear. Hopefully someone will have some information on your attackers for us to pursue. Alas, I do not have any such information.

Second I believe my abilities will serve us quite well in the newest mission against these Sentinels if any of them are indeed active. So I will join that mission.

HENRY PYM COMMITS TO THE SENTINEL MISSION

The first several commits to the Sentinel mission. I see no inherent value upon reading these, but because this is the subject of current discussion, I am hoping something here will spark a thought in one of us.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #4300
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
I strongly urge that Magneto be used on the Sentinel mission. Not to use someone who, uniquely, has both the powers and experience to battle the robots seems a massive waste of resources. Especially if you believe, as I do, that the Sentinel mission should take precedence over the Galactus mission. I'm not even sure that we have to send a Galactus mission every day.

I am also concerned that Henry Pym, Mr Fantastic and Beast are all being denied the opportunity to assist where, I suspect, they are best suited - in the laboratory. Having said that I think, at this stage, we need to accept that the individual knows best where their talents are suited. If Scarlet Witch deems that she will be of little use on the mission then we have little option but to accept her word for it. So if the others feel they are best suited to mission-work then that is fine, I just don't feel pressure should be applied to them to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I agree that Magneto would be a big help on the Sentinel mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
The Brethren will line 'em up, Magneto can knock 'em down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
No one has commited to a mission to combat Galactus today, for whatever reason. I am rested enough to undertake a mission today, so I will do so.

JOIN SENTINEL MISSION

You may recall that the Silver Surfer requested a suggested list of people to go on the Galactus and Sentinel missions that day. There was a great deal of discussion about my omission of Magneto, even by those deceased heroes now proven good.