H.S. Freshman Team

*here=hear
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #4352
Punisher
High School JV

Is Cable in a group?

UNATTACK MAGNETO
ATTACK CABLE

Hold off on forcing me to guard anyone for the moment.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #4353
Punisher
High School JV

Not 100% sure how available I'll be, but I'll try to be in.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #4354
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Thanks Spidey, that is helpful information.. except it seems Cable beat you to the punch and anticipated your reveal (or he anticipated the heat he was getting would end up getting him lynched today)... or you both anticipated it.. whichever the case is.. but looks like he beat us to the punch so we wouldn't be able to vote for him today.

Well, I don't know what Bodyslide is, just telling you what I know. It's certainly not clear that we can't attack him today (although that may very well be the case).

And I'm not a big fan of the implication that I'm in league with him.

Anyhow, whether we get him tonight or tomorrow, he IS a rebel.

And I really could use a guard tonight, guys. Thanks in advance.

Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 AM   #4355
Punisher
High School JV

Not sure you can be guarded, since you're not a prelate.

Since Nick died, are you and Cable still in a team? That is likely to our benefit if you are.

Mods, can I get an answer on that?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 AM   #4356
Punisher
High School JV

Assuming you still have some spidey sense.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #4357
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I think Vision is lying. My detector tells me that there is someone posessed today. Either Vision is the Shadow King and made up that story, or he is the one that is posessed.

My psionic communications detector if pointed directly at someone would tell me who was controlling them (as I used it on Nick fury the previous day and found no one controlling them). Today I used it's other form which just tells me if anyone is being controlled. The result was yes, someone is posessed. So unless there are two different people out there with the ability to posess, Vision is lying.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #4358
Punisher
High School JV

Wouldn't surprise me.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #4359
Punisher
High School JV

Of course, who's to say Shadow Man didn't take you or me.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #4360
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Of course, who's to say Shadow Man didn't take you or me.

Sure, lets go down that road of discussion. Vision came out this morning and said the ShadowKing attempted to posess him but failed. So if you or I were posessed, that means there are two different people who have the ability to posess people left out of the 7 or so people remaining?

That seems a bit more far fetched to me right now. I don't think you are posessed because I think Vision really is.. or if Vision isn't posessed he is really the shadow king.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #4361
Punisher
High School JV

Ah, good point. Vision did say that.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #4362
Punisher
High School JV

If that's the case, we could be very near end-game, one way or the other.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #4363
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
If that's the case, we could be very near end-game, one way or the other.

That is why I haven't jumped out with a vote yet. Seems to be quite a bunch in play right now and I am trying to hopefully see all of the angles.

Scarlet Witch yesterday said she may have something today, but then this morning didn't really bring anything up. Spiderman's claim about Cable seems believable but it seems Cable anticipated the attacks today and bodyslid before we could get him. I am curious about the quick attacks on Magneto this morning as well (which you were a part of)...

Cable's guilt seems to make Magneto look worse in my eyes, but now I have actual factual data that leads me to believe Vision is bad. I think I am willing to believe that the stuff that I am holding against Magneto is circumstantial and his ties to Cable could have been a setup or just coeincidence.

I think unless someone comes up with a way that there could be two different people out there posessing players, I'm going to target Vision today.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:17 AM   #4364
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
So your standard defense costs energy?

Yes. I assumed everyone's did, but mine definietly does. One energy to invoke it, plus whatever is needed to negate the damage. Like yesterday. Punisher ate a chunk of my energy with his 4 pt attack.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #4365
Punisher
High School JV

It doesn't appear that Cable and Spiderman were a team, so there goes that.

My vote on Magnetman was more to show I'm not backing down. I believe a Prelate to be a rebel. Nothing has shaken that belief. However, if we can tie down Vision and reveal he is the Shadow King and/or a rebel, I'd be happy.

Cable may be free at the moment, but we'll nail him tomorrow. I knew that freak was bad. I knew it.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #4366
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Cable may be free at the moment, but we'll nail him tomorrow. I knew that freak was bad. I knew it.

This is where I am leaning with my thinking as well.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:21 AM   #4367
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
This is where I am leaning with my thinking as well.

Sorry, that means to nail Vision today and Cable tommorrow when I assume he comes back.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #4368
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Sorry, that means to nail Vision today and Cable tommorrow when I assume he comes back.
Agreed.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 AM   #4369
Punisher
High School JV

I'd like to invite Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and Mr. Fantasy into a team if you're willing and trusting.

FORM TEAM WE HATE REBELS
Old 10-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #4370
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

At the risk of bringing down the wrath of the group on myself, Mr. F, do you believe that Vision is possessed by the Shadow King or a rebel?

[ooc]In talking with Uatu, apparently Vision was right, in that Magneto has extensive knowledge of the Astral plane. I think that it is very possible to travel to there and battle with the Shadow King.

What I don't know is if the SK is one of us or an independent NPC like Galactus. My sense is that we are looking at the latter.[\ooc]

Dr. Richards, perhaps you could investigate the possibility of creating an invention that would create a portal to the Astral plane that could send one or more of us to there to end the threat of the Shadow King. I will investigate how I could use my own powers to assist in that effort.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #4371
Punisher
High School JV

Ah, not sure if I have to do this:

INVITE SPIDERMAN TO "WE HATE REBELS"
INVITE MR. FANTASTIC TO "WE HATE REBELS"
INVITE GHOST RIDER TO "WE HATE REBELS"
Old 10-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #4372
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Sure, lets go down that road of discussion. Vision came out this morning and said the ShadowKing attempted to posess him but failed. So if you or I were posessed, that means there are two different people who have the ability to posess people left out of the 7 or so people remaining?

That seems a bit more far fetched to me right now. I don't think you are posessed because I think Vision really is.. or if Vision isn't posessed he is really the shadow king.

You want far fetched? Wait until you hear what I have to say. Post coming.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:39 AM   #4373
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Get with it then, you may have an invite shortly thereafter.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #4374
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Just to be safe:

REVOKE INVITES

Invites will be sent back out after I see what Gone With the Wind has to say.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #4375
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
At the risk of bringing down the wrath of the group on myself, Mr. F, do you believe that Vision is possessed by the Shadow King or a rebel?

[ooc]In talking with Uatu, apparently Vision was right, in that Magneto has extensive knowledge of the Astral plane. I think that it is very possible to travel to there and battle with the Shadow King.

What I don't know is if the SK is one of us or an independent NPC like Galactus. My sense is that we are looking at the latter.[\ooc]

Dr. Richards, perhaps you could investigate the possibility of creating an invention that would create a portal to the Astral plane that could send one or more of us to there to end the threat of the Shadow King. I will investigate how I could use my own powers to assist in that effort.

I know these two things:

1) Vision said himself that the ShadowKing attempted to posess him but failed
2) I know that someone in our game is currently posessed.

So that leads me to believe one of the following has to be true:

1) Vision really is posessed and lied about it
2) Vision is the shadowking and posessed someone else and then lied about it
3) There are two different people with the ability to posess out there
4) There is one person who has the opportunity to try to posess multiple people in one evening.

I think #4 is extremely unlikely, and #3 doesn't seem that likely either with this few people remaining. So that leads me to believe percentage wise that is a much much better chance of getting a good lynch result from Vision then a bad lynch result.

As far as your question regarding my invention.. unfortunatly I could only "invent" something tonight, it would take me tomomorrow night to build it, and then only on the third day would I be able to use it. I don't believe this game will last that many more days.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #4376
Punisher
High School JV

Guys that I'm anticipating to invite into the team:
I'm thinking that we can band together and eliminate our foe today and hit Cable tomorrow, depending on what we hear out of Scarlet.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #4377
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Ah, not sure if I have to do this:

Hmmm... While I do hate rebels, I'm not sure about your or GR's allegiances. I feel better about Mr F...

Not sure about this.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #4378
Punisher
High School JV

I'm not 100% sure about Casper's either, but I feel good about you and Fantastic.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #4379
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Guys that I'm anticipating to invite into the team:
I'm thinking that we can band together and eliminate our foe today and hit Cable tomorrow, depending on what we hear out of Scarlet.

I actually don't think I really want to join a new team now that my previous team is gone. I had trust of them, but there aren't too many people left that I trust fully right now. Without there being any missions it seems today either, I fear the risk of night sabotauge (draining half of my energy) if I end up in a team with a rebel is riskier at end game. I think I'd rather just stay put myself.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #4380
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I think Vision is lying. My detector tells me that there is someone posessed today. Either Vision is the Shadow King and made up that story, or he is the one that is posessed.

My psionic communications detector if pointed directly at someone would tell me who was controlling them (as I used it on Nick fury the previous day and found no one controlling them). Today I used it's other form which just tells me if anyone is being controlled. The result was yes, someone is posessed. So unless there are two different people out there with the ability to posess, Vision is lying.

The Vision is not lying, and your detector is correct. I'm the one possessed by the Shadow King. Shortly after you posted that he was in the Astral Plane on Friday, he attacked me. I was able to fight back against him. I couldn't totally defeat him, but we both have control of this body.

To his credit, the Shadow King hasn't done anything off the wall with his use of the body. He could have used my energy for nefarious purposes, or said things to the rest of you, pretending to be me. He hasn't done that -- all he did (until this morning) was talk to me (via PMing myself, which was weird).

He tells me his win conditions have been met. Those conditions were to outlive a certain group of people -- I forget who they are, but they're all dead now. So since he's "won" he can do whatever he wants, and he wants to help us. Unfortunately, despite his playing nice while occupying my body, I can't find a way to believe this (and he hasn't found that out until he reads this post). It doesn't sound like there's any way for him to die, since killing his host just sends him to the astral plane. I guess there's something Magneto can do to kill him, but that seems unlikely to have happened. If the win condition had been that he must kill certain people, I would have bought that (I've seen games like that). But to outlive a group of people, when there's pretty much no way for you to die? I just can't see it.

Anyway, he proposed a plan, so I figured I'd wait and see what results he got before saying anything -- I wasn't exactly loving the idea of coming out and saying I was possessed by the Shadow King, anyway. He tells me he's been occupying people in hopes of finding rebels for us and helping us win -- I guess if he occupies someone, he gets to find out if he's a rebel. What I don't understand, though, is that if he's helping us win, why isn't he trying to occupy Prelates? So I suggested he try one of them next. We decided that Mr. Fantastic was cleared, Magneto was too dangerous for the Shadow King to try to occupy, so we'd go with the Vision. To his credit, he did try to occupy the Vision, and the Vision was honest about the results. He also said he's been sick lately, and not following along that much, which could have affected his NOT trying to occupy Prelates earlier.

Also of note was that this time, the Shadow King tried to occupy both the Vision and me at the same time. I'm not sure why, since we had devised a code system for him to tell me what the Vision's allegiance was -- and besides, he could have just come out and said it as the Vision.

Anyway, the plan was great and all, except for two problems. First, I wasn't sure how much I could trust the Shadow King anyway, and was going to put it up for debate here. Second, he wasn't able to occupy the Vision anyway!

So that's that.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #4381
Punisher
High School JV

Understood.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #4382
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
4) There is one person who has the opportunity to try to posess multiple people in one evening.

I think #4 is extremely unlikely,

I told you it was far-fetched!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #4383
Punisher
High School JV

Wow.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #4384
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

wow...this is turning into a crazy, crazy day.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #4385
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Well, I guess your #4 is not exactly what happened -- one possession was done Day 9, and one was done Day 10. But that's the closest of your scenarios to what actually happened.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #4386
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Couldn't the fact that he couldn't control Vision be a check or balance against the Shadow King making this kind of move to 'help'?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:58 AM   #4387
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Couldn't the fact that he couldn't control Vision be a check or balance against the Shadow King making this kind of move to 'help'?

huh?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:00 AM   #4388
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Well, I guess your #4 is not exactly what happened -- one possession was done Day 9, and one was done Day 10. But that's the closest of your scenarios to what actually happened.

I think this is a lie. Nick Fury determined no one was posessed on day 9. I think you are protecting Vision for some reason, either you or he is the Shadow King and your plan backfired. I also wonder about the timing of Vision's coming out this morning just before the night results showing Nick Fury's death means that the shadow king is also somehow in league with the rebels and thus knew what the night kill would be, knowing Nick's shadow tracker would not be around you didn't realize my device was multi-functional.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #4389
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Use Item/Ability Shadow Tracker

I will let you know as soon as I get the PM.

Quote:
Scratch my last post as I just got my PM.

Shadow King is not currently in a body. He is in the astral plane and that appears to be the way to get rid of him. To blast him out of the astral plane. it does not give me any information on how to do that however, but maybe one of you guys can help.

This is from Nick Fury on day 9. So part of Scarlet Witch's story (if not the entire thing) appears to be a lie. The big question here is which way to lynch.. Scarlet witch or Vision. Seems like Scarlet Witch is trying to protect Vision, so I am almost pretty sure Vision is the way to lynch.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #4390
Punisher
High School JV

Take it for what it's worth, fellas. I have some trust in all of you.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #4391
Punisher
High School JV

REVOKE ATTACK ON CABLE
Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #4392
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I think this is a lie. Nick Fury determined no one was posessed on day 9. I think you are protecting Vision for some reason, either you or he is the Shadow King and your plan backfired. I also wonder about the timing of Vision's coming out this morning just before the night results showing Nick Fury's death means that the shadow king is also somehow in league with the rebels and thus knew what the night kill would be, knowing Nick's shadow tracker would not be around you didn't realize my device was multi-functional.

Like I said earlier, I was attacked after it was determined he was in the astral plane. The attack occured at 11:44 AM Central.

I really don't know anything about the Vision -- the Shadow King's plan didn't work, so I have no information on him. Look at my posts, and see how disinterested I was in the Shadow King the whole game until Friday afternoon. I even said on Sunday that I would have something interesting to say.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #4393
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Like I said earlier, I was attacked after it was determined he was in the astral plane. The attack occured at 11:44 AM Central.

I really don't know anything about the Vision -- the Shadow King's plan didn't work, so I have no information on him. Look at my posts, and see how disinterested I was in the Shadow King the whole game until Friday afternoon. I even said on Sunday that I would have something interesting to say.

11:44 AM Central on which day?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #4394
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Friday.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #4395
Punisher
High School JV

This whole Shadow King thing is like a bad game of Clue. The rat bastard keeps hopping around like a Gummi Bear.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #4396
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Friday.

So Vision was attacked at night, you were attacked during the day, your attack just happened to come after Nick used his device? I don't really think I buy it.. I think there are too many holes in the story and for some reason you really really don't want Vision to die.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #4397
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Also vision claims to have fully fought off the shadow king and Scarlet witch claims to have partially fought off the shadow king.

Up until now no one had any signs of fighting him off at all.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #4398
Punisher
High School JV

Nick sure didn't say anything about it.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #4399
Punisher
High School JV

Mr. F, I do know I was in a team with Spidey, Ghost, and Nick in the past and didn't witness any energy points being siphoned...so I can trust them that much. I'm sure they could say the same for me as well.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #4400
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mr. F, I do know I was in a team with Spidey, Ghost, and Nick in the past and didn't witness any energy points being siphoned...so I can trust them that much. I'm sure they could say the same for me as well.

Any sabotauge would be announced and revealed who did it. So it is something that would not be done until end game if at all, as the only reason it would be used would be to ensure an end game goal I would assume. I am not suprised that we haven't seen any sabotauge so far this game, but now that I bet we only have 2 or so days left, I wouldn't be suprised to see any tonight or tommorrow or tommorrow night..and I don't think i want to take that chance.