Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #4351
DataKing
Pro Rookie

They're in the SE corner of the quadrant north of ours.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #4352
Travis
Pro Rookie

Are you guys currently bombing them or is that going to be going on more so tonight?

I'm heading over to get a few shots in then going to sleep for at least 8 as I'll be afk for the most part tonight. Anybody in particular I should take a run at? (I'm level 43 right now)
Old 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #4353
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

ok..calmed down not going to shoot up workers...and son's soldier build is saving up cash to buy one item to try and complete the soldier quest line (fancy boots so he can sell guns to indians)

I am going to stay the course and keep saving..(He has 22 points in skill not allocated making him week for his level at dueling these days.)
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #4354
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

question for our soldiers and duelers...

how do you cash for gear?

I am thinking of starting a new character on world 10, and if so I think I am going soldier and pure trader until I can silver mine (including equipment buys) which is easy and quick cash...from there turn over to a more traditional strength melee fighter keeping only enough trading to keep me silver mining when dueling is tired....

thoughts?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #4355
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Frankly I've always been cash-poor compared to others of my level. I've spent lots of time building coffins. Also, every once in a while you will duel a pigeon out there with a bunch of cash on them...that helps, but you can't rely on it.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 09-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #4356
Danny
Head Coach

lots and lots of silver mining.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #4357
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'll be taking a crack at Ping in about 15 minutes. Any suggestions on shot/defense from those that hit him already?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #4358
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Frankly I've always been cash-poor compared to others of my level. I've spent lots of time building coffins. Also, every once in a while you will duel a pigeon out there with a bunch of cash on them...that helps, but you can't rely on it.

Ditto - by trying to accelerate through levels quickly (often via dueling) I've found that I do not have much cash for my level and that I have challenges putting together good battle gear. I've been rectifying that during the time that I'm knocked out.

Interesting that DK is still doing the same stuff that I've been doing for the past couple of levels - building coffins. I will mix that in with building railroad stations, beaver hunt, and printing newspapers in order to balance XP/Gold.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #4359
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Ditto - by trying to accelerate through levels quickly (often via dueling) I've found that I do not have much cash for my level and that I have challenges putting together good battle gear. I've been rectifying that during the time that I'm knocked out.

Interesting that DK is still doing the same stuff that I've been doing for the past couple of levels - building coffins. I will mix that in with building railroad stations, beaver hunt, and printing newspapers in order to balance XP/Gold.

For like a month I didn't even duel and I re-speced just Charisma. Then I was leveling a lot because I finished every quest I could do except for one right now and I put everything in trading.

Now I have 12K in the bank and usually make 600 bucks a day with silver mining and Charlatan.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #4360
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

exactly I make 200-250/hour silver mining withmy adventurer plus an average of 5 silver bars / 8 hours so I can make 2100 in 8 hours.....

Now my/my son's (it is honestl yhis character though I often tend to sit it for him when he loses interest for a week or so at a time) soldiers has been saving for some fancy boots for 3 weeks and building coffins, beaver hunting and transporting ammo (hoping for drops) have netter me about 4k in 3 weeks

So I am thinking if you went straigt to silver mining you could cash up for good dueling gear and maybe grow very quickly after a slower start. I would think the best trading clothes could probably have you silver mining with little loss of points for duelings skills

Last edited by CU Tiger : 09-24-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #4361
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

btw peter goes in tight came and knockced out said soldier...
Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #4362
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Dex Dex knocked me out today. 317 to 271 the first time, then came back 2 hours later and knocked me out. Kind of tough when you don't get a chance to change your aim and dodging.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #4363
ozias
High School JV

I'm going after Chester Nutsack once again. The duel will be over in about 10 minutes.

Hopefully I'll fair better against him this time, but I seem to do better against peter goesintight.
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #4364
ozias
High School JV

Dola,

I finally beat him.

224 to 189, gained 192 xp and stole $28.

I'll have to rest for now though, as I have no Energy points left to use. I used most of them up Stealing Horses for some cash.
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #4365
Danny
Head Coach

Dueling nutsack, will be over in 8 minutes.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #4366
Danny
Head Coach

Beat him 490-306, Ill hit him again if he is still awake when it the hour is over.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #4367
Danny
Head Coach

he went too bed, oh well
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #4368
Danny
Head Coach

was in my construction gear and got dueled by madmax and A-Aprile of rock ridge back to back and beat them both pretty handily. Nice free 170 xp.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #4369
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Poor Dex Dex.

Dex Dex passes out. DEADcadence wins the duel, gains 151 experience points and steals $52 from Dex Dex.

I won 623-336.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #4370
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Poor Dex Dex.

Dex Dex passes out. DEADcadence wins the duel, gains 151 experience points and steals $52 from Dex Dex.

I won 623-336.

Thank you, sir. Glad to see that $28 I lost found a good home.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #4371
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Chester is currently town-less and Peter is a part of Beer Village. Shopping trips, or have perhaps the Hick towns decided to kick out their bad apples?
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #4372
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
was in my construction gear and got dueled by madmax and A-Aprile of rock ridge back to back and beat them both pretty handily. Nice free 170 xp.

Mad Max dueled me too and won.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #4373
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Chester is currently town-less and Peter is a part of Beer Village. Shopping trips, or have perhaps the Hick towns decided to kick out their bad apples?

Peter is back as a member of the smaller Hick town. I'm guessing he purchased a new gun over the last couple of days in preparation for his next level.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #4374
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Peter is now in Troutville. He appears to still use the precise pepperbox revolver.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:04 AM   #4375
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

and he bitch slapped me....but only won 212-193 while I was in trapping gear.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #4376
Danny
Head Coach

I am out of commission until tomorrow. I wanted to see how I would fare against a level 70 soldier from one of the Sunday towns yesterday when I had around 950hp. I did not fare well, but instead bit farewell.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #4377
hoopsguy
General Manager

So how are people doing with this as of late? I haven't seen hide nor hair of the Hicks over the past week and I've taken my dueling action elsewhere to avoid creating any difficulties for others in our two towns.

One good thing that came out of the short-term war with those guys, for me, is that I got some very good feedback on changes I needed to make on my character to be a more successful dueler. I've upped my Appearance significantly and been doing more "high money" (relatively speaking) work so I can purchase gear with better Tactics values.

Other than that, I'm splitting my time about 50/40/10 on work/dueling/quests. My old timeline was to do quests when I was KO'd by a Hick, but now that they are gone I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to go hunting for wood or fools gold when I could be getting real money to help me towards my next 5,000+ purchase of items.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #4378
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Haven't seen them in several days either, which is good since I probably haven't done more than 4 hours worth of work in a day in several days either, and haven't remembered to put the character back to sleep for a second shift when he was idle.

Truth is, I think that whole mess kind of started winding the game down for me. Keeping the character asleep for 16 hour stretches wasn't very compelling & once the routine was broken it's been hard for me to really get back into it.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #4379
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Sounds like the Hicks' collective attentions have moved elsewhere...I haven't seen hide nor hair of any of them lately either. I'm back to my routine of three duels per day (HP and desire permitting), otherwise splitting my time between XP- and cash-jobs. I'll be hitting the big five-oh soon and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a precise no1 revolver.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #4380
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Same here, no sign of the hicks, I've been doing jobs and some dueling here and there.
I'm looking at getting the Charlatan gear for some variety.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 10-01-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #4381
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys. I'm bored, so I have founded a town. It is called Dolaville and is just slightly north of the La Vie fort in the middle of the map. The town will be finished by about 4:30 CDT. If anybody wants to join in and donate money/help construct, I'd appreciate it. Let's see if we can't get some good set items in our shops.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #4382
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

well crap I spent over 10k this morning....but am on my way to slap mugrige about so Ill have more soon

send warm hand luke an invite in about a 12 hours
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #4383
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

No worries, at this point the construction speed will probably be the limiting factor on growth. I did found a town strategically close to an oil well for some quick cash.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #4384
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I have an ass ton to donate. I'll stick out in that town if you can send me an invite
Old 10-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #4385
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Haven't seen them in several days either, which is good since I probably haven't done more than 4 hours worth of work in a day in several days either, and haven't remembered to put the character back to sleep for a second shift when he was idle.

Truth is, I think that whole mess kind of started winding the game down for me. Keeping the character asleep for 16 hour stretches wasn't very compelling & once the routine was broken it's been hard for me to really get back into it.

game has lost much of its fun when I ran out of missions to do. Been pretty much doing only high exp jobs for the last couple of weeks now, alternating between two or three jobs. I even put my guy to sleep for a few 16 hours periods since I couldn't care enough to switch to a new job when the one I was doing was at 72% motivation.

FM
Old 10-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #4386
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
game has lost much of its fun when I ran out of missions to do. Been pretty much doing only high exp jobs for the last couple of weeks now, alternating between two or three jobs. I even put my guy to sleep for a few 16 hours periods since I couldn't care enough to switch to a new job when the one I was doing was at 72% motivation.

FM

I am gettin' there, though I am gonna just start dueling soon if I must. Anyway, do you know if more quests are coming?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #4387
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Hey guys. I'm bored, so I have founded a town. It is called Dolaville and is just slightly north of the La Vie fort in the middle of the map. The town will be finished by about 4:30 CDT. If anybody wants to join in and donate money/help construct, I'd appreciate it. Let's see if we can't get some good set items in our shops.

Sounds good
Old 10-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #4388
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Is it the ghost town you're heading to? I haven't seen it otherwise.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #4389
Danny
Head Coach

And I understand the luster coming off as well, I still log into DanKD, but only because I do it right after huckleberry. Only thing really keeping it interesting for me on Huck is the dueling.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #4390
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Is it the ghost town you're heading to? I haven't seen it otherwise.

You will see it in about 3 hours and 17 minutes.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #4391
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
You will see it in about 3 hours and 17 minutes.

Sounds good. I have about 10 K to donate as there is nothing I want to buy at all right now, so by the time we get built up I'll have a lot of cash again and hopefully have better options to check out.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #4392
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I am currently a resident at HA Fort Nashborough with my sons soldier (needed some fancy boots)...let me know if we need any intel work...

They are warring with March Rabbit, and offered a free shopping invite to any FOFCers...
Old 10-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #4393
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

The town is live. Dolaville - FOFC. The first couple of invites have been handed out. I'm going to try to push the hotel first so we can regen while building the rest.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #4394
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
The town is live. Dolaville - FOFC. The first couple of invites have been handed out. I'm going to try to push the hotel first so we can regen while building the rest.

I have 5 hours till I can join but I'm working over there.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #4395
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I am currently a resident at HA Fort Nashborough with my sons soldier (needed some fancy boots)...let me know if we need any intel work...

They are warring with March Rabbit, and offered a free shopping invite to any FOFCers...

Well, I inadvertently helped them out earlier this week by putting kanashintolic in a box for 48 hours. Been meaning to do that for awhile, finally got around to it after the Hick stuff quieted down.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #4396
hoopsguy
General Manager

BrianD, can you send me an invite? I'll start putting some cash aside to help out. It will be fun for me to actually take part in building a town as both were done, for all intents and purposes, when I signed up in July.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #4397
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
And I understand the luster coming off as well, I still log into DanKD, but only because I do it right after huckleberry. Only thing really keeping it interesting for me on Huck is the dueling.

I'm surprised on DanKD, as I've seen him making pretty steady progress up the top levels in the game. Although it looks like a pretty slow go for you at this point ...

I've been keeping an eye on Huck + Data King on the dueling rankings to see if I can catch up. You have not made it particularly easy over the last month or so.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #4398
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
BrianD, can you send me an invite? I'll start putting some cash aside to help out. It will be fun for me to actually take part in building a town as both were done, for all intents and purposes, when I signed up in July.

Invite sent.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #4399
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm surprised on DanKD, as I've seen him making pretty steady progress up the top levels in the game. Although it looks like a pretty slow go for you at this point ...

I've been keeping an eye on Huck + Data King on the dueling rankings to see if I can catch up. You have not made it particularly easy over the last month or so.

I still take care of DanKD as it only takes a few seconds to log him in and set a couple jobs (I never have to switch gear for my top jobs) after doing what I need to do for Huckleberry. But if I only had DanKD I would probably forget to log in a lot. Dueling is still fun though and I finally cracked the top 100 in dueling rank. I actually had some goals for DanKD which kept the game interesting for him, but I met them all (top 100 level rank, and some others)

Last edited by Danny : 10-02-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #4400
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just donated 11 grand to the new town.