Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #401
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Well, for one, they took the kids in to live within a community rather than let them fend for themselves in a jungle.

And they were so generous they did this in the middle of the night, without their consent, and left the adults to die?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #402
Pyser
Pro Rookie

you people are getting soft. the leaps in logic are nearly impossible to overlook now. specifically, all of season 2:

we need a boat. where can we find a boat. i heard the others have a boat. lets steal that boat. where else can we get a boat? lets build a boat. find me a boat. boat boat boat.

season 3: heres a boat. thanks, but we prefer to dock, leave it, and walk across the island. we certainly didnt overhear any conversation at the end of season 2 giving specific directions for how to get back to civilazation, via a boat.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #403
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
How so?

Well, they took the so called 'good' people. One of those good people said they were taken to be given a better life. Maybe they want to help the good people and leave the bad out on the beach.

Hell, Ben said he lived on the island his whole life. Maybe they're just different and what is perceived as normal is foreign to them.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #404
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
you people are getting soft. the leaps in logic are nearly impossible to overlook now. specifically, all of season 2:

we need a boat. where can we find a boat. i heard the others have a boat. lets steal that boat. where else can we get a boat? lets build a boat. find me a boat. boat boat boat.

season 3: heres a boat. thanks, but we prefer to dock, leave it, and walk across the island. we certainly didnt overhear any conversation at the end of season 2 giving specific directions for how to get back to civilazation, via a boat.
Not to mention that never while walking around the island the first 3 seasons did anyone point out that other island a mile offshore?!?

Or that they finally have someone who knows (not 100%, but close enough) who "The Others" are, how they operate, where they live, what they're doing and they're just gonna let him go on a suicidal quest to live with his girlfriend rather than ask him a few questions? Especially considering that Kate wanted to go back and get Jack, it might help having some idea of what you're walking into there Freckles.

Oh, and there occasionally is a "monster" eating people in the jungle, but don't worry you can walk alone now because no one dies this episode. Next week's preview had a mention of it though, so watch out then...
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #405
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I see Curt Hennig is reading the thread. Absolutely perfect.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #406
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I am still enjoying this show, however I coulda swore the previews were promising answers to '3 of Lost's biggest questions'. I keep counting the number of answers I caught last night, and the only number I come up with is zero.

QUESTIONS ANSWERED:

The Others live on the Losties’ island and work on the “other” island.

Where Jack got his tattoo.

The whereabouts of Cindy & kids & teddy bear.

What Jack’s tattoo says (does Foxy’s tattoo really say this?)

Ethan was a surgeon.

Big questions:

"What the hell is the Brady Bunch" - well that says Karl hasn't been off the Island ever. Who are his parents??

Who is Isabelle? (the “sheriff”)

Who were all the people with Cindy? What were they watching? Jack?
What did Cindy mean, “It’s not that simple.” Did she have to watch the same movie as Karl?

Why did Jack want to be “marked” with the tattoo?

What did the Thai woman mean, “It is against my people?” (using her gift on an American?)
And what would be the consequences?

Why did the Thai guys beat up Jack?

Where did Jack get the rest of his tattoo if he only got the Chinese characters in Thailand?

Why did Ben’s sutures become infected? Poor surgical conditions?

What is the significance of Juliet’s mark?

Is the boat going back to the Others’ compound?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #407
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm on board with the people who are pissed off about this episode and this show in general. They answered nothing, but we got a few more questions, yay!

I really feel like a sucker at this point with this show. I know I'll watch next week and the week after that but it is becoming more like work and less like enjoyment.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:19 PM   #408
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm on board with the people who are pissed off about this episode and this show in general. They answered nothing, but we got a few more questions, yay!

I really feel like a sucker at this point with this show. I know I'll watch next week and the week after that but it is becoming more like work and less like enjoyment.

how come none of them remember Danielle had a daughter who was kidnapped by the others named Alex? Who, oh by the way, happens to be Ben's daughters name as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #409
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
how come none of them remember Danielle had a daughter who was kidnapped by the others named Alex? Who, oh by the way, happens to be Ben's daughters name as well.

jb must've visited the Island .. because he is showing some semblance of grammar.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:49 PM   #410
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am still enjoying this show, however I coulda swore the previews were promising answers to '3 of Lost's biggest questions'. I keep counting the number of answers I caught last night, and the only number I come up with is zero.

Again, blame ABC, not LOST and it's producers. ABC makes the previews, and they often mislead you or lie completely. This can set up certain false expectations that never pay off, resulting in disappointment.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 AM   #411
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I disagree that we found out what happened to the kids. We found out where they are now, but we still have no idea why they were taken or what happened to them. Were they sent to the Clockwork Orange room? Who the hell knows.

It's the same thing with the damn hatch. I thought we were going to find out what the hatch was. We know what's inside of the hatch, but we don't know what the hatch did.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #412
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Again, blame ABC, not LOST and it's producers. ABC makes the previews, and they often mislead you or lie completely. This can set up certain false expectations that never pay off, resulting in disappointment.

Thanks, Encyclopedia Brown.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #413
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:

Maybe my memory is poor, but didn't the directions call for a very specific navigational heading and directions that would be very hard, if not impossible, to follow on a little sailboat with no instruments?

I'm enjoying the second part of this season a lot. Then again, I've enjoyed the prior seasons a lot as well. It is still one of the few hours of TV I look forward to watching every week.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #414
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:

This Family Guy episode is basically "Lost". The episode is about an island where there are flesh eating ogres, and you get a boat just for signing up. It even includes a flashback....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LeLIZuyodU
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08

Last edited by gottimd : 02-23-2007 at 10:57 AM.
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #415
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks, Encyclopedia Brown.

that was warranted how?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:21 PM   #416
thesloppy
Pro Starter

You want some too, Sally Kimball? Don't worry, I brought enough for the whole class. If you doubt my sincerity when hurling insults based on children's detective books, be assured that I am typing this VERY forcefully, and also scowling.

More to the point, look at the sentence I was reponding to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

A) Do you think JB wrote that sentence? It is perfectly punctuated, both the spelling and grammar are impeccable, and it begins with a mysteriously dangling, out-of-context 'again'.

B) It's condescending. You mean the producers don't make the previews, and previews often make false promises? Durrr.

C) It completely obscures the issue. Undoubtedly the producers are not to blame for ABC's bait-and-switch preview techniques, but nobody's campaigning for 'truth in previews', they want some GOT-damn resolution, which by golly IS something that Lost's producers might have a little control over.

So, I wasn't particularly thrilled with the cut-and-paste reply that was both condescending and wrong, and I didn't think three words of snark were out of line.

Last edited by thesloppy : 02-23-2007 at 01:27 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #417
Easy Mac

I may be annoyed by Kate, but I'll be damned if she doesn't look hot in a low cut shirt and all sweaty.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:14 PM   #418
Easy Mac

It was an OK episode. As far as moving along the Lost "mythology" it didn't add anything, but I was just glad to get away from the overall drama and the Jack-Kate-Sawyer drama for most of the episode. We didn't really learn anything about Hurley, but its nice to see that perhaps his worse days are behind him.

And they shared info with eachother at the end. The audience has known it for about 2 seasons or so, but its good to see them use it when it was actually useful instead of just stating the obvious at a random time in the past episodes.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:37 AM   #419
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I enjoyed a quality throw away episode.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:17 AM   #420
Rizon
Pro Starter

Another irrelevant episode, but at least it was entertaining. And I swear I saw that Kate had a mustache in a few scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:20 PM   #421
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I enjoyed a quality throw away episode.

Yea. It was nice to have a humor filled episode finally.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #422
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think my wife may be a microcosm for the viewing habits of the country in general regarding this show. She used to watch it religiously, often telling me I could go downstairs to play on the computer/PS2 during an episode (otherwise unheard of in my house), then she got to the point where she would mention how confusing it was getting a couple times an episode, then when they switched to 10pm she started recording it and watching it the next day, and now we have 2 brand new episodes sitting on the DVR that she hasn't touched yet. Kinda interesting to watch, from afar, given the articles about how the show's popularity is tanking.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #423
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Just watched the episode and agree it was ok.

Hey, how come when they were "rolling" down the hill, and had the ability to avoid the rock at the last minute.....can someone tell me why they didn't just not roll straight towards the rock?

Wouldn't that be like skiing down a hill aiming for the tree?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #424
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
Just watched the episode and agree it was ok.

Hey, how come when they were "rolling" down the hill, and had the ability to avoid the rock at the last minute.....can someone tell me why they didn't just not roll straight towards the rock?

Wouldn't that be like skiing down a hill aiming for the tree?
Because this is "Lost".

They have a guy who can see the future, and you quibble about automobile physics?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #425
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think someone else mentioned this before, but why walk through the dangerous woods when you can use a boat and just go around the island. Especially since possession of a boat is a big plus.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #426
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I think someone else mentioned this before, but why walk through the dangerous woods when you can use a boat and just go around the island. Especially since possession of a boat is a big plus.

A few guesses: Easier to sneak up through the woods than by boat? The home area of The Others is deep inland and taking the boat would just add time? They're crazy?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #427
bryce
High School Varsity

Finally watched this week's episode. Wish I hadn't. That was seriously one completely worthless hour of television. They have literally hundreds of unanswered questions that they've raised over the seasons and they choose to fill an hour with this garbage?! I think this is the last straw with me.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #428
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

What happened to Cheech? I got distracted for a bit, right after Hugo paid the fortune teller ten grand to confess that his father had prepped her. I saw the end of the episode with the van dodging the rock and Hugo driving in circles. I'm just wondering if Cheech met his demise like many of the others surrounding Hugo.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #429
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
Finally watched this week's episode. Wish I hadn't. That was seriously one completely worthless hour of television. They have literally hundreds of unanswered questions that they've raised over the seasons and they choose to fill an hour with this garbage?! I think this is the last straw with me.

American Idol and Dancing with the Stars are waiting for you.

-Cork

Last edited by Cork : 03-03-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #430
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
American Idol and Dancing with the Stars are waiting for you.

-Cork

Well, actually, seeing as how I watch nothing live during the week, instead choosing to DVR and watch the shows on the weekends, I can gain an hour of my weekends back now...
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #431
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

:sigh: They cast Sung Hi Lee and they kill her off without her being seen half-naked and/or wet. Horrible decision.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #432
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
:sigh: They cast Sung Hi Lee and they kill her off without her being seen half-naked and/or wet. Horrible decision.

Was she Tricia Tanaka?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:25 PM   #433
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Was she Tricia Tanaka?

Oh shit I didn't even notice that was Sung Hi! She is so hot .
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #434
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

They answered this in the episode. Something about lack of energy or something like that, I forgot the reason. Rewatch it and they have like a 2 minute long argument.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #435
Desmond
Banned

Theres a van within fat man walking distance and it takes them 3 seasons to find it?

I love this show with all my heart but I don't really sense that the conclusion will be all that big and or satisfying. They're starting to humanize the mystery while just giving nibbles of paranormal stuff, which is pretty opposite of how the first 2 seasons went.

I'm gonna be very upset 2 years from now if the grand reveal is that it's just a bunch of dudes doing wacky stuff in the name of psuedo science.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:15 PM   #436
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just watched the last episode today. Wasn't great, wasn't bad. The backstory was pure filler and an excuse to get Cheech on the show. The little kid who was Farley looked nothing like him...I don't get the casting on that at all.

Anyhow, thinking about the argument of "Why do you watch when you say it sucks?" I can answer this: I never watched The X-Files. I don't watch 24. Why? I didn't watch them in the beginning and they don't seem like the type of shows that you can "jump in on" and watch. This is the same thing with Lost. I hope that there is some payoff in the end, but I seriously doubt it. Regardless, I'm invested in the show and I have to watch rather than quit watching and then watch the last episode to find out what all the secrets are.

I think that if the producers are hoping that the viewers dropping off pick up the DVDs in lieu of watching the show that isn't a viable strategy. I also don't think that this show will ever see numbers like they saw in Season 2.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #437
QuikSand
lolzcat

Finally got caught up. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle on all this... I don't really dislike any particular thing about the show at this point, nor am I ticked off about this episode or that plot twist... but I definitely don't feel very compelled by it any longer.

I thought Jack in Thailand was an interesting backstory... but that may have just been because I thought the chick was super hot. *shurg*
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #438
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
but I definitely don't feel very compelled by it any longer.

QFT

We used to start watching as soon as enough time went by to fast forward past the commercials now we may get around to it friday night.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:10 AM   #439
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I thought Jack in Thailand was an interesting backstory... but that may have just been because I thought the chick was super hot. *shurg*

Bai Ling and she was half-naked and wet in that episode. I dislike the inconsistency.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #440
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Well, Skeletor seems to like it! Bottoms up
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #441
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Very good episode last night. It's nice to see the show get back to the things that made it great in the past.

I really liked Sawyers "Who are you?" line. That was classic.

-Cork
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #442
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Excellent episode last night!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #443
kingfc22
Head Coach

Very ironic that Sawyer got hustled by Hurley.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #444
Pyser
Pro Rookie

remember when people used to post a lot after every show?

the popularity of this thread speaks volumes about the popularity of this show these days.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #445
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
remember when people used to post a lot after every show?

the popularity of this thread speaks volumes about the popularity of this show these days.

I'm not sure it does. I am still a regular viewer and enjoy the show a lot. I stopped posting as much in this thread because all the naysaying ruined the fun of it. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if other viewers comment less for the same reason.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #446
Easy Mac

same
Old 03-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #447
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Last night's episode was pretty good. We found out a lot last night:

1. Where that cable from the ocean goes.
2. What happened to the black lady who talked to Michael.
3. Who the eyepatch guy was.

As discussed on other boards, the problems with the episode were equally troublesome:

1. Locke didn't win the chess game.
2. Locke was stupid in playing the chess game as well as not telling Sayid and Kate what it was.
3. Sayid and Kate didn't tell Locke about the C-4.

That being said, overall it was enjoyable. I had a problem with the flashback sequence. I really don't think that it "added" that much to the episode other than it showed why Sayid let the Russian live. While it was a much better flashback than the Hurley one last week and certainly better than the Jack's tatoos flashback, it still smacked of weak storytelling. Why the hell would Sayid let that guy live? It didn't make any sense. Obviously he "forgot" about how he had tortured that lady and the ramifications of his torturing when he tortured Sawyer and Ben. Now, all of a sudden he has second thoughts? Whatever dude.

The other part of the story that sickens me is Kate. She's positively useless. She's been captured and used by the Others twice yet she thinks she can save Jack? She was pretty much useless against the Russian. I think I'd rather have Sun saving me than Kate.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #448
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
I'm not sure it does. I am still a regular viewer and enjoy the show a lot. I stopped posting as much in this thread because all the naysaying ruined the fun of it. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if other viewers comment less for the same reason.

i think the naysayers are gone. lets get back into it.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #449
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
2. Locke was stupid in playing the chess game as well as not telling Sayid and Kate what it was.
3. Sayid and Kate didn't tell Locke about the C-4.

2. I don't see how this deviates from Locke's character. Remember when he found the hatch? He didn't tell anybody except for Boone, but that was only after he needed help to open it. Locke has always been independent especially when he finds something new.

3. When they first came back up the ladder, Locke was being held hostage so they couldn't tell him then. Couple of seconds later, the Others start yelling at each other and the lady gets shot and killed. At that point, they could have forgotten about the C-4 after all the commotion or they simply figured it was unneccessary to tell Locke since they didn't know about the chess game to begin with.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:57 AM   #450
spleen1015
Coordinator

Did everyone else get the impression that Jungle lady and One-eye Willie knew each other?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote