Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2005, 04:45 PM   #401
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
no need to get personal just because your team is both in full meltdown and a serious candidate to move to LA.

You aren't even close to being informed about the LA deal. I'm not sure what you think you know.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #402
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

The Packers will win this game.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #403
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
now you can STFU

I concur.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #404
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
You aren't even close to being informed about the LA deal. I'm not sure what you think you know.

From the Pioner Press, in an articled dated today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer Press
A week into the Minnesota legislative session, backers of a Vikings stadium were girding for a fight for state funds — even as the odds for success seem to dwindle.

Politicians have said that stadium plans for the Minnesota Twins and the University of Minnesota will come first. And in Anoka County, support for a stadium sales tax is squishy.

But the potential of the project is too great to give up on now, say stadium supporters. The 740-acre parcel, on the interstate between two interchanges, will be developed soon — with or without the stadium.

And if the opportunity is lost, it would be the end of the only real plan to ensure that Minnesota doesn't lose the Vikings, said Sen. Don Betzold, DFL-Fridley.

So, what am I out of the loop on? The NFL has stated that they want to be back in LA soon, and the Vikings can't get a new stadium deal.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:53 PM   #405
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Look ma! Someone found the opinion of a senator's.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #406
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Look ma! Someone found the opinion of a senator's.

Show me something. Anything.

I have yet to see a single piece of journalism that makes it sound like a stadium deal is imminent. I have however seen tons of national stories talking about the trouble the Vikings are having fudning a new stadium, as well as constant rumours about the Vikings being a prominent candidate for a move west.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:58 PM   #407
Joe
Pro Starter

well the fact is, they arent going to be getting a new stadium deal unless Red ponies up more money, which won't happen. I wonder if theres still any life in the possible sale to Glen Taylor's group.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #408
Joe
Pro Starter

nice pass favre....

oh, another one..

nice kick, longwell...
Old 01-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #409
Vince
Pro Starter

This game is just terrible. Comedy of errors. Between Viking 3rd down penalties, Packer fumbles and Favre throws, and now Longwell shanks, this is almost painful to watch.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #410
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Are you fucking shitting me? What a fucking joke this is! Fucking crap defense!
Old 01-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #411
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
Are you fucking shitting me? What a fucking joke this is! Fucking crap defense!

Too bad Favre can't play defense.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #412
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
This game is just terrible. Comedy of errors. Between Viking 3rd down penalties, Packer fumbles and Favre throws, and now Longwell shanks, this is almost painful to watch.

I've seen worse play from Favre's receivers than bad passes (not that there haven't been any bad throws).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #413
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
And in Anoka County, support for a stadium sales tax is squishy.

I don't know why, but that line made me laugh out loud.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #414
Vince
Pro Starter

True -- I've got to give it to him; both passes looked like the WR made a mistake. But on that last one, with Javon Walker, how could Walker have expected a pass there? The DB was in perfect position for a ball thrown where it was, and if Walker had continued on the shallow cross, rather than turn it vertical, he would have likely had to play defensive back to prevent the interception.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 01-09-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #415
Joe
Pro Starter

but the interceptions weren't bad throws, it was because Walker sucks
Old 01-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #416
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Shocking...a 24 Preview.... but it did look sweet as hell
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #417
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Why was Brett Favre laughing? He probably cost the team the game by his circus stunt pass. If he just runs out of bounds he probably gets the 1st at the 2 or atleast sets up a 4th and a yard where the team could either go for it or have an "extra point" FG.

Instead, he pussies out when he sees two guys coming and flips the ball in the air. Nice move by the "veteran QB".
Old 01-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #418
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
but the interceptions weren't bad throws, it was because Walker sucks

Well, just because a throw looks pretty (ie, tight spiral, thrown hard), doesn't make it a good throw. I still think that last one was thrown to the wrong place -- it was just exacerbated by the fact that Walker went 'the wrong way.'
Old 01-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #419
temley06
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
Why was Brett Favre laughing? He probably cost the team the game by his circus stunt pass. If he just runs out of bounds he probably gets the 1st at the 2 or atleast sets up a 4th and a yard where the team could either go for it or have an "extra point" FG.

Instead, he pussies out when he sees two guys coming and flips the ball in the air. Nice move by the "veteran QB".

Yeah, when that play first started, I was thinking 'Elway', but at the end I was thinking 'pussy'
temley06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #420
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

Just in my opinion...it would have taken a pretty good effort from there, and absorbing a wicked hit, to get even the first down. As it was, they still had a chip shot FG, so why not try for the TD if you don't think you can get the 1st?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #421
Joe
Pro Starter

yeah, its hard to tell if the receiver went the wrong way or not. of course, if theres a question about it after the game, it will be walkers fault since favre is never wrong.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #422
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

pussy eh? no QB in the history of the game has done what Favre has done, and it wasn't because he is a pussy it's because he pretty damn tough.

a stupid play, yes. but being a pussy no.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #423
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
pussy eh? no QB in the history of the game has done what Favre has done, and it wasn't because he is a pussy it's because he pretty damn tough.

I'm a big Packer fan, but Brett has been extremely reluctant to take a hit all season. And while I am kind of glad as he is so valuable, on a play like that a "tough" QB (ie, Favre in 1997) would lower his shoulder and dive for the first. I think Favre has been so conditioned by the team and coaches to avoid big hits that he doesn't even consider making a play like that anymore.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #424
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:

no QB in the history of the game has thrown an illegal forward pass down by 14 that could screw his team over?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #425
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

yeah well, the whole team has played like shit let the hall of famer lead the path down crap boulevard
Old 01-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #426
Joe
Pro Starter

yes another favre int! i love this game
Old 01-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #427
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Im with you- I think Farve gets away with so much that they would scream bloody murder at if anyone else did it.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #428
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'd punt it here. There's no way they're making a field goal.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #429
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

ct, what were you sayin again ?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #430
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
yes another favre int! i love this game

I can understand why you would, it is the only decent thing to happen for the Vikings this season, and the last.

And as the anger level goes up I am leaving again before I piss people off that I consider 'friends', ain't their fault the Packers are fucking blowing it.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #431
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
ct, what were you sayin again ?

Herm Edwards voice: The Packers will win the game.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #432
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This is late..but I have to say it. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS...Even if they don't win next week, it's nice to at least have something to cheer about. No, not Eric Barton.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #433
Arles
Grey Dog Software

If GB's offense could just get a freakin TD, we might have a game. They've had the ball three straight times (once inside the Minn 10) and come away with no points. Who would have thought their defense would be keeping them in the second half.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #434
Vince
Pro Starter

I can't believe it.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #435
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Favre throws yet another interception.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #436
Joe
Pro Starter

another INT.. is that number 8 or 9?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #437
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Is Farve under retainer by the Vikings ?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #438
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I don't care if it takes 8 interceptions (and it will), the Packers will win the game!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #439
Arles
Grey Dog Software

This is rediculous. Atleast Favre hasn't had a pattern of doing this. Well, if you discount the Atlanta game in 2002, and the St. Louis game in 2001. Oh, and don't count the Philly game in 03.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #440
Joe
Pro Starter

ooh another 24 promo
Old 01-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #441
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

the quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #442
Vince
Pro Starter

I find it amazing that even though the Vikings are something like +5 or 6 in turnover margin, they are still in very real danger of losing this game.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #443
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

So essentialy, 24-17 now - this game is far from over.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #444
Joe
Pro Starter

very far from over.. the vikings will need more than the 6 yards they got in the 3rd quarter.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #445
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

What's the deal with the Packers? Someone is getting injured on every. single. play.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #446
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I was just saying that... as shitty as they have been playing the Pack are only a TD back. Unbelievable.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #447
Arles
Grey Dog Software

That's a warrior. Davenport lowers his head and rolls over two Vikings players with bad ribs and a badly bruised shoulder. The only thing that sucks is GB has lost one player for every scoring drive (Clifton and Walker). And, after this one, both Green and Najeh limped off.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #448
TLK
Pro Starter

no matter who wins this game, you gotta wonder if they'll have enough guys to play next weekend...
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 06:04 PM   #449
Joe
Pro Starter

what other rbs do the packers have? Fisher and then who? But i'm guessing those guys will come back in, they're pretty tough.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:09 PM   #450
Joe
Pro Starter

man ahmad carroll really sucks