Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-24-2007, 05:27 AM   #401
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well we really couldn't call it a supergroup if it was just Oro and Shiver Suit could we? See justification for all our alts at last.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 AM   #402
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Anchors Aweigh joined a pretty cool supergroup, called Section 13. It's a governmental agency RP group, and so far pretty solid. Oddly enough, I enjoy RP in this game, so the guild is really fun for me.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #403
Eilim
High School Varsity

Here's my new hero on the virtue server:

Name: Uafasach
Level: 12

Think... Batman with the gadgets/technology replaced with Celtic mysticism. Having a lot of fun with the DM/Regen scrapper. Although still working on a back story and "war cry". Made even tougher considering I was half asleep when I first created him and chose "Natural" for origin and by the time I noticed didn't feel like starting over yet again. Oh well, I'll work something out.

Now to get to 20 so I can get myself a cape, the look just isn't right without a cape.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #404
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilim View Post
Here's my new hero on the virtue server:

Name: Uafasach
Level: 12

Think... Batman with the gadgets/technology replaced with Celtic mysticism. Having a lot of fun with the DM/Regen scrapper. Although still working on a back story and "war cry". Made even tougher considering I was half asleep when I first created him and chose "Natural" for origin and by the time I noticed didn't feel like starting over yet again. Oh well, I'll work something out.

Now to get to 20 so I can get myself a cape, the look just isn't right without a cape.

I create a toon on Virtue tonight. I have a hankering to build a assult rifle blaster.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 AM   #405
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Just picked this up myself, Have a low level scrapper on the Freedom server. Haven't been addicted to an MMO in about 5 years, but this looks like it might be the one to drag me back in. Damn my love of superheroes/comics.

The Electric Cowboy now rides on freedom!
Old 08-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #406
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
The Electric Cowboy now rides on freedom!

Heh, you create a character on Freedom, and I find myself spending more and more time on Virtue. The virtue version of Uafasach just reached 14, which means.... Super jump! Woo-hoo!

I also created a AR/Device blaster myself.. (on Virtue again. )

Edited to add my new guy in that I just had to share. Might redo the costume a bit as I'm not completely happy with it. But let me introduce my Ice/Ice Tanker:

When I redo the costume I might also try to make him into a scrapper if they have any sort of ice based secondary, even if its gimped but I can't remember off the top of my head the scrapper secondaries. Just wanted to reserve the name when the concept popped into my head.

I figured sachmo might appreciate the reference.

Last edited by Eilim : 08-25-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #407
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Welcome to virtue! I should be running later tonight, if you are on.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #408
Eilim
High School Varsity

Sorry I missed you the other night, was so tired I pretty much passed out. (Work third shift and am currently on 10 hour shifts, 6 days a week. )

Anyways, Uafasach, the Virtue version is just a few missions away from 16 and the skill I've been dieing for... Intergration. Here's what one build guide said about the skill:
Quote:
Integration. I don't need to reinforce the idea that this is another 5 star must have power. at lvl 16, if you take anything else, the developers may just hunt you down where you live and kill you, because this is nearly the best power in the game. It's got a sickening Mag 12 or 16 resist to EVERYTHING status. KB? Disorient? You name it, they hate you now. Go kill that dominator, he is your [censored]. 3 slot for heals, and never look back. This should ALWAYS be up. It also improves your healing rate by 190%. On top of fast healing. Are you seeing the trend? Regen builds on itself, so taking advantage of all of the powers becomes a multiplicative experience.

Also, broke down and built my supergroup of one. Had my niece playing the game and gave her a copy along with my unused 14 day trial. I'm hoping my sister and bro-in-law can be pulled from EQ into the game. Didn't go original and used the same name of the guild I founded in eq, "Bhur Gcairde", which is basically gaelic Irish for "Your Friends". It fits with the theme of my character, now just have to find others.

Still digging through my Irish dictionary for good names for the ranks and a backstory that fits with the game's modern theme. I figure I'll still keep it tied to ancient Irish mythology and the Tuatha de Danann. Will have to do some research but I've seen the game has Fir bolg as enemies down the line and might be able to tie it into the SG story.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #409
Eilim
High School Varsity

Can't let this thread die quite yet.

After finishing the first of the Icon missions and opening up another costume slot I decided to try and give Uafasach a bit less sinister and more heroic look. While I still have the original outfit with just a cape added, here's the current yet subject to change look of my mighty hero:

Was also wondering if those with a bit more experience could answer a question of mine. Are the bank "safeguard" missions soloable? I have 3 or more available now from mass scanner mission frenzies but wasn't sure if I should get a team together to do them or if I could handle them myself.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 AM   #410
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The thread can die, but I'm still playing.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #411
condors
College Starter

must resist urge to reactivate account
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #412
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Was also wondering if those with a bit more experience could answer a question of mine. Are the bank "safeguard" missions soloable? I have 3 or more available now from mass scanner mission frenzies but wasn't sure if I should get a team together to do them or if I could handle them myself.

They can be, yes. Especially if you have it on heroic - the villain will spawn as a lt I believe. If you're higher on the slider they become bosses, but are still beatable, though that may depend on AT and what the matchup is. I had a higher level mission with my INV/EM tank, and faced Shock Treatment. Well, she basically hit as hard as I did, her Power Surge was as good if not better than my Unstoppable, and she drained my end. I had basically no chance on my own. But, that's just one matchup - the rest I did fine.

Street mobs are manageable too, pairs or trios. On heroic, the side mission bosses will also be lt's.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:18 PM   #413
Eilim
High School Varsity

Thanks cuervo. I've found as as a DM/regen scrapper I can solo everything decently except larger groups... Unless I actually use my head, along with some tactics to split them. If I can survive the combined "alpha strike", I can kill them. Other than my death to Frostbite the first try at him (and I *still* say I could have taken his ass if not for constantly being rooted in ice.) I've only died so far to the accidental hop into the middle of purple's while exploring.

I have to say, not since the original beta days of EQ1 have I had so much fun. Amazing what a love of the subject matter can do for a game. Well, along with an unhealthy addiction to mmorpg style games thats gone unfed for 5 or so years.

Actually figured out my characters back story now, and even a plausable explanation for having a "Natural" origin with the DM primary. Now if my webhost would just get its act together I'd get up a little character page/adventure blog and stop proddign this thread from the brink of death.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:34 AM   #414
Eilim
High School Varsity

Dola

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors View Post

Aww, just do it, you know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it. All the people saying its bad for ya are just lying... honest.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:46 AM   #415
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors View Post

Yeah, I'm jonesin for a spandex fix...

Whaaaaat?
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #416
condors
College Starter

Is there a group forming on virture or freedom or is everyone still on victory?
(we are doing hero types right?)
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #417
Eilim
High School Varsity

I've moved myself over to Virtue in hopes of running across Sachmo, but have had bad luck as far as timing so far. I believe Cuervo72 mentioned being on virtue also earlier in the thread.

Only heroes so far for myself, although I do plan on trying out the "Dark Side" once I get my first toon to 50.

If you do start playing on virtue, keep your eyes out for "Uafasach". Have yet to do any teaming so far, but am definitely up for trying it out, just not with random strangers.. but somewhat strangers from an online forum I can deal with.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 AM   #418
larrymcg421
Head Coach

So I decided to get back into this, but after an hour of play I have a serious headache. I'm not sure how I played this game before.

Does anyone have any advice on how to customize the view to create the best view of the battlefield? I had my guy zoomed out from a distance, but whenever you go around corners or in tunnels it zooms you right back. I couldn't take it anymore and had to quit.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #419
larrymcg421
Head Coach

dola

I seem to have got it down somewhat.

Here are my characters: (all on Victory)

Super Shamrock, lvl 21 controller
Irish Brute, lvl 12 tank
Irish Empress, lvl 6 defender

Old 09-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #420
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
dola

I seem to have got it down somewhat.

Here are my characters: (all on Victory)

Super Shamrock, lvl 21 controller
Irish Brute, lvl 12 tank
Irish Empress, lvl 6 defender

Darn, too bad their on Victory, as I like the theme you have going. I could see Uafasach getting along well with them.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #421
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Im always on, not sure why we haven't crossed paths.
Spent a lot of time last night killing Frostfire. Started out with an easy mission from the troll, and then he tasked me to kill the trolls daming the red river. About 4 seconds later, I was crushed with rocks!

So, I teamed up with two 13, and we lasted about 15 seconds. Spent the rest of the night running two Frostfires and assorted other missions, and repaid me debt and made level 12 with Anchors Aweigh. Fun!

Running through missions with a huge team is such a blast. Powers flying everywhere, dead thugs, and people leveling. Just had a blast.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #422
Brillig
College Prospect

I'm glad I re-upped. I dropped this before I9 - now I'm really enjoying the new Inventions system and the Rikti War Zone stuff.

But mainly the Inventions
Old 09-04-2007, 10:56 PM   #423
cuervo72
Head Coach

You guys DO know that the Hollows arcs are optional, right?

(I quickly learned to hate that place, and now spend those levels in KR and Steel.)
Old 09-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #424
Eilim
High School Varsity

I actually somewhat enjoyed the hollows. I now regret my running around doing scanner missions as I outleveled the storyline arc by the third contact and from what I've read theres a tough trial run you can only access if you finish the hollows 4th contact.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 AM   #425
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
You guys DO know that the Hollows arcs are optional, right?

(I quickly learned to hate that place, and now spend those levels in KR and Steel.)

no, i didn't know that, because having just discovered the police scanner, I didn't have many options. However, I enjoy the challenge and look forward to spending a lot of time in the hollows.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #426
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Heh, you create a character on Freedom, and I find myself spending more and more time on Virtue. The virtue version of Uafasach just reached 14, which means.... Super jump! Woo-hoo!

I also created a AR/Device blaster myself.. (on Virtue again. )

Edited to add my new guy in that I just had to share. Might redo the costume a bit as I'm not completely happy with it. But let me introduce my Ice/Ice Tanker:

When I redo the costume I might also try to make him into a scrapper if they have any sort of ice based secondary, even if its gimped but I can't remember off the top of my head the scrapper secondaries. Just wanted to reserve the name when the concept popped into my head.

I figured sachmo might appreciate the reference.

Don't know how i missed this before...nice!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #427
Brillig
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
no, i didn't know that, because having just discovered the police scanner, I didn't have many options. However, I enjoy the challenge and look forward to spending a lot of time in the hollows.

Yep, your first level five contact sends you to the Hollows for an introduction... which is where most people get sucked in, as they don't realize they don't have to do Wincott's missions - once you say hi to him you can go back to your original contact and keep doing those missions instead.

CoH has definitely gotten to the point where you can't see all the content with one character (unless you artificially gimp yourself). That's okay though, since alts are half the fun...

Eilim, I've also got my 'personal' supergroup - if you want, we could form a supergroup coalition, that way you could use my base's teleporters - I figure my base is a little further along than yours
Old 09-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #428
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
I actually somewhat enjoyed the hollows. I now regret my running around doing scanner missions as I outleveled the storyline arc by the third contact and from what I've read theres a tough trial run you can only access if you finish the hollows 4th contact.

It requires a full team of eight, so I'm sure if you hang around the TF contact enough you'll find a team forming (it will auto-exemp you). I tried it with some of the FOBL bunch and the rest pickup, but we had a complete ass on the team who refused to help at ALL ("whoa, I can't believe you all died and I didn't!" - sure, because he ran around the effing corner and didn't participate). Failed it, and only added to my Hollows hatred.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #429
Brillig
College Prospect

Also, it seems like the Hollows story-arcs are 'mini-arcs' and don't give you a special recipe reward...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #430
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Condors, sorry I had to leave so abruptly yesterday. My wife came home and wanted to talk, so i had to log. We can try to hook up soon.

As for hollows vs. kings row, which should you do? Finish kings row then move to hollows?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #431
larrymcg421
Head Coach

When are you guys on?

I was finally able to get some of my characters to level.

Super Shamrock up to level 22.
Irish Empress up to level 8. (Although it's getting annoying playing her and getting hit on. It's an RPG dudes.)

I also created a blaster on Virtue server. His name is Thalgor and he's up to lvl 6.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #432
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I'm usually on in the evenings, but get to dabble some when I work from home. Almost always play on Virtue.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #433
condors
College Starter

No problem sachmo71, real life happens

I got a bunch of heroes and villains on virture some are level 1 highest i think is a 25 tanker Kieran, Major Gun is 15 level ar/dev blaster, Burnie fire/fire tanker level 1, Coldfist ice/ice tanker level 8 not sure of the rest I want to add a /regen scrapper maybe broadsword or spines or dark melee not sure yet. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon
Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #434
condors
College Starter

I usually play from like 3:30 est till 5:30 est although on weekends and friday nights i can be on whenever depending on the wife
Old 09-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #435
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
Also, it seems like the Hollows story-arcs are 'mini-arcs' and don't give you a special recipe reward...

They are zone arcs rather than contact arcs - much the same as Striga, Shadow Shard, and now Faultline and the RWZ. Actually, Striga at least *does* give you nice rewards in the form of lasting temporary (oxymoron, I know) powers. But no enhancement at the end of them, no.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #436
Eilim
High School Varsity

I usually play early mornings/afternoons. Next week I'll switch things up and start playing nights hopefully to be able to get some crime fighting in with you guys. (One of the benefits of working third shift, I can pretty much adapt my activities to anyones schedule... Yeah, I try to find a silver lining in anything. )

Actually stayed up past my bed time the other day in hopes of running across someone... Only to turn down their global friends request thinking it was some more invite spam.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #437
Eilim
High School Varsity

Dola

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
They are zone arcs rather than contact arcs - much the same as Striga, Shadow Shard, and now Faultline and the RWZ. Actually, Striga at least *does* give you nice rewards in the form of lasting temporary (oxymoron, I know) powers. But no enhancement at the end of them, no.

Yeah, I've had alot of fun with some of the temp powers. I actually have made heavy use of the life drain one turning some of the usual difficult battles into cakewalks.

Also had some fun with haste, got me to 25 and "The Courageous Lone Uafasach" was born.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #438
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Congrats Eilim! Just one more level to go and I get Anchors Aweigh his travel power!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #439
condors
College Starter

add Spinaltap spines/regen scrapper i hope to be my new main on virtue, to your friends list
Old 09-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #440
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I'll be on Virtue this afternoon as Thalgor, lvl 6 blaster in case anyone wants to team up.