Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #401
scooper
College Benchwarmer

OK, so week 2 was fun. Bring on the Chicago Ortons.

Carson Palmer is no Joey Harrington. I hope our run D can slow down Thomas Jones. If they do, I like this team's chances at going 3-0, or 4-0 for that matter with a home date against Houston to follow.

Can I get a Who Dey?!?!?
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:28 AM   #402
Butter
Coordinator

WHO DEY!

I actually hate that, but the Bengals actually have me excited. That mid-season schedule is going to be brutal, though.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:35 AM   #403
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
WHO DEY!

I actually hate that, but the Bengals actually have me excited. That mid-season schedule is going to be brutal, though.

You're right about the schedule. That's why a fast start is imperative. If they can get off 4-0, then go .500 the rest of the season, that's 10-6 and a probable playoff spot. I think if they do get off to a 4-0 start, they'll finish about 11-5, with an outside shot at 12-4. Suddenly, a few of those mid-season games that looked like possible L's are looking better for W's. Namely at Baltimore, where they won last season, and the Packers at home.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:53 PM   #404
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Yeah, I have to say that the Packers have been seriously over-hyped this year. That defense is just god-awful and Favre is looking like a high school QB more than a pro one.
Hmm, not sure who expected much out of GB this season. Heck, only one out of 12 ESPN experts even pickd GB to make the wild card:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/previe...ory?id=2152292

Even the GB kool-aid drinkers felt this team was 8-8 or 9-7 at best. And, after the first two games, they look closer to a 6-10 team. Of course, Mike Sherman has it all figured out now as he is having players do wind-sprints in practice if they commit penalties in the game. The horror! Maybe if they commit two penalties they won't get any syrup with their morning waffles.

Sheesh, between his coaching and expert drafting, Sherman may have taken what was a very good team back into the dark years of the 80s. He makes Bart Starr and Forrest Gregg look like Vince Lombardi.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:10 AM   #405
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Bring Back Ray Rhodes.