Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #401
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Damn game crashes all the damn time. I like my sims to be fast but this game is slow and wastes a lot of time with redundant stuff like a D League draft. I will play it once all the crashes are fixed but at this point this shit was a waste of money.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #402
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

What crashes are you talking about? There have been very few crash reports since the release of the game. I'd be happy to help if you can describe to me what the errors are or can provide a league file that is experiencing the errors.

As for the D-league draft I don't really know what to say about that - its a part of the game. It takes place every year in real life so why should it not take place in the game?
Old 11-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #403
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Damn game crashes all the damn time. I like my sims to be fast but this game is slow and wastes a lot of time with redundant stuff like a D League draft. I will play it once all the crashes are fixed but at this point this shit was a waste of money.

Did you order the wrong game? This sounds like version 1. version 2 has been great in regards to crashes.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #404
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
What crashes are you talking about? There have been very few crash reports since the release of the game. I'd be happy to help if you can describe to me what the errors are or can provide a league file that is experiencing the errors.

As for the D-league draft I don't really know what to say about that - its a part of the game. It takes place every year in real life so why should it not take place in the game?

The game crashes when I looked at the almanac and various other times. Next time it happens I will copy and paste them to Word so you can see.

As for the D-League Draft can this not just run automatically without slowing me down? Besides the crashes and the speed issue I really like this game.

How do I make myself the Head Coach and GM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Did you order the wrong game? This sounds like version 1. version 2 has been great in regards to crashes.

Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2
Old 11-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #405
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

How do I make myself the Head Coach and GM?

Two ways you can do this.

1) Global Control. You'll still have a head coach other than yourself, but you can set lineups, rotations, etc.

2) Fire the head coach and hire yourself as head coach.

For the D-League draft, just click on AI Finish Draft.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #406
Comey
College Starter

I wouldn't mind being able to get rid of the D-League either, for historical-type smaller leagues. I also have to figure out a workaround for editing teams and cities, since I somehow don't have Access 2007. I know there's another program that will allow it...just gotta find it.

I still don't like that you have to edit everything in a database outside of the game (you can edit team names, but not cities). But, such is life. ; )

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #407
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I wouldn't mind being able to get rid of the D-League either, for historical-type smaller leagues. I also have to figure out a workaround for editing teams and cities, since I somehow don't have Access 2007. I know there's another program that will allow it...just gotta find it.

I still don't like that you have to edit everything in a database outside of the game (you can edit team names, but not cities). But, such is life. ; )

Look up a few posts in this thread...i think it's called MDB or something. I used it...works fine.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #408
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Two ways you can do this.

1) Global Control. You'll still have a head coach other than yourself, but you can set lineups, rotations, etc.

2) Fire the head coach and hire yourself as head coach.

For the D-League draft, just click on AI Finish Draft.

Still doesn't allow me to become the head coach. The button after I fire the coach still isn't click able.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #409
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Found out how to do it. Had to go in local mode.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #410
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post

MDB Viewer Plus.

You can also edit team and city names from the Team Info screen in the game.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #411
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at DDSPB2.frmDaySchedule.7AAA0()
at DDSPB2.frmDaySchedule.20AAA()
at DDSPB2.frmDaySchedule.10AA0()
at DDSPB2.frmDaySchedule.00AAA(Object 0AAAA, EventArgs 1AAAA)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3615 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DDSPB2
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
Old 11-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #412
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

So before I get that error I couldn't sim past the Slam Dunk Contest. Soon as I get that error the game goes back to working normally. Fun times.

Last edited by Noop : 11-26-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #413
Izulde
Head Coach

When did you get that error? Did you try sending the files in?

Old 11-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #414
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Is anyone integrating in DDSCB draft classes? If so, how is it?

I'm not a big basketball fan (although I do enjoy March Madness enough to like DDSCB).

My biggest reason for picking up DDSPB2 would mostly be to play out the careers of the college guys.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #415
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Is the coupon code still good? I just tried using it but it wasn't working. It's still Black Friday in some parts of the world!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #416
RedKingGold
College Starter

Has someone created an NBA Mod with all the logos, courts, player pics, etc. in a nice easy-to-install package?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #417
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Has someone created an NBA Mod with all the logos, courts, player pics, etc. in a nice easy-to-install package?

Not yet but many of the mods are there.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #418
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not yet but many of the mods are there.

Ping Icy
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #419
RedKingGold
College Starter

Or, can someone point me to a free .mdb editor that I can use to edit this stuff quickly and easily?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #420
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

This was one of the reasons I haven't purchased this yet. On a side note, I was also wondering why Ben Wallace wasn't on the Pistons.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #421
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Are the Fantasy Guide and Overseas Guide empty for everybody else before the 1st season?
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #422
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Are the Fantasy Guide and Overseas Guide empty for everybody else before the 1st season?

Depends on what starting point for the season you used - I believe they are empty if you choose to start right at the regular season because they are generated prior to that point in the code.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #423
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
This was one of the reasons I haven't purchased this yet. On a side note, I was also wondering why Ben Wallace wasn't on the Pistons.

I'm assuming you're talking about the pre-draft version of the rosters and the answer would be because his contract ran out - he was resigned by Detroit this summer to a 2 year deal
Old 11-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #424
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
I'm assuming you're talking about the pre-draft version of the rosters and the answer would be because his contract ran out - he was resigned by Detroit this summer to a 2 year deal

Ah, that makes sense then. Thanks Gary.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #425
heybrad
Norm!!!

So I took the plunge and bought the game. I took over an expansion team in the first season and sucked my way to the top pick. I take what appears to be a great SG and he's played very well so far. The only issue is that he hates the coach. I can't tell from the options when I call him how to help with this situation. I can't find a way to talk to the coach either. Am I just stuck with having to chose between player and coach?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #426
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

If the results are good you can just try sticking with it. On one of my careers Evan Turner despised Stan van Gundy and would complain about him twice a month, either for getting on his case too much or just saying how they can't get along. But he was scoring around 20 PPG, shooting a high percentage, and my team was always winning a bunch so I just tried to ignore it. That has gone on for 2-3 seasons now and both he and the team are still performing up to expectations.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #427
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

If the team is winning then you're probably going to be fine - if things don't go so well then you've got decisions to make. You should be able to discuss the player's attitude with him when you call him - you can't do that with the coach however but in reality its going to come down to what happens in real life...the coach probably has to go
Old 11-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #428
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
If the team is winning then you're probably going to be fine - if things don't go so well then you've got decisions to make. You should be able to discuss the player's attitude with him when you call him - you can't do that with the coach however but in reality its going to come down to what happens in real life...the coach probably has to go

Tell that to Joe Dumars and/or the Davidson family.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #429
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Having a lot of fun with this. A few things I'd like to see changed:

1 It doesn't seem to save my preference of sound off when I reload.

2 In the league creation screens if I go back I shouldn't have to reclick the selected options when I return.

3 When I offer a contract in FA it should automatically put that player on the watch list.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #430
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Another small issue, the Groupo Canaris team name extends into the score on the sim screen.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #431
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Couple of things I would like to see:

When I view the standings, leave the page and return later I would like my most recent view of the standings to show. I hate that everytime I want to see the playoff race in the western conference I have to click two additional buttons each time.

On the League Leaders page it would be nice if the Points Per Game category would automatically highlight my players instead of having to select it from the drop down menu to force the highlighting.

In the future I would love to be able to customize the look of my office views. Specifically, I could care less about "Next Opponent" when I'm playing in GM mode and would much rather have a quick view for my division and conference standings.

There should always be a quick link on the top menu to access the Mail without first having to goto the Office screen.

Also, there should be many more emails throughout the year. Mainly, I would like to see emails for weekly and monthly player awards. There's more that's skipping my mind on this subject right now, I'll add to this another time.

As far as the D-League, I really don't see the purpose of having to enter the D-League draft if you are controlling a NBA team. Now if we had more control over the D-League affiliates while controlling an NBA team that would be outstanding. When I send a player to the D-League I should be able to give the D-League affiliate some perimeters under which to play the player. Also, I'm not sure if it currently is or isn't but you should have to explain to the player why he is being sent to the D-League and depending on how he sees your point of view it will effect the player's mood.

Staying on the D-League, I would also like to see the D-League teams properly aligned with their NBA franchises(i.e., OKC is the sole NBA franchise over Tulsa).

In current rules, a player is only allowed to be sent to the D-League 3 times a season for any length of time. Is this rule not followed merely for ease of use?

As a GM, I really don't understand why I don't have direct access to my players and owner via a phone call. Also, it would be nice to have access to calls via each player(on your team)page.

I'm really digging this game I would just like more immersion with my team and players in addition to ease of use. Thanks for the hard work that obviously went into this game.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #432
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Is anyone integrating in DDSCB draft classes? If so, how is it?

I'm not a big basketball fan (although I do enjoy March Madness enough to like DDSCB).

My biggest reason for picking up DDSPB2 would mostly be to play out the careers of the college guys.

Wondering this too.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #433
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I'm also enjoying this game, but have a few suggestions and concerns.

What Vex wrote mirrors my own views, plus I had a few problems with the summer league. Specifically, playing as the Wizards, I could not:

a) Run the D-league draft so I could make the picks for my team. I simply wound up with a roster. What I wanted to do was select a few of the players on my draft list that went undrafted so I could check them out. I could not do that. And I could not follow them because of d) below.

b) The coach did not put my second round pick in the starting lineup. He was 6th man. I put him the starting lineup. He did not start. I put him back in the starting lineup and hit the suggested substitution button. He did not get into the starting lineup.

This works in the regular season, that is, if I manually change my depth chart, then go to the substitution screen, the suggested sub patterns reflect my depth chart. In the summer league, they did not. I would have to do that manually, a tedious process for 5 games. OTOH, the starter only averaged 2 minutes per game more than the second round pick, so much Ado About Nothing, I suppose.

c) I want to filter the lists of draft picks and FAs to reflect several minimum criteria. I can't see that that is possible. I can only sort by column. For example, I'd like to have Defense at least 6, OR and DR at least 7 and see the results without everybody else jumbled in. Or, to be able to sort only the 15 people I worked out on the draft lists.

d) The notepad is a nice idea, but if close down and come back the next day, it is blank. Rather useless, that. I have to write down my notes in order to have them. Consider a save feature.

e) In the earlier version of DDSPB, I used to receive periodic staff emails about player development. I loved that. Didn't get any, despite seeing improvement in John Wall, among others. Bring that back.

Anyway, keep up the good work. This is a fine game that will only get better.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #434
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post

a) Run the D-league draft so I could make the picks for my team. I simply wound up with a roster. What I wanted to do was select a few of the players on my draft list that went undrafted so I could check them out. I could not do that. And I could not follow them because of d) below.

Since you said you're the Wizards, I presume you're not the GM of the D-League team. Thus, you can't make the picks for them.

Quote:
b) The coach did not put my second round pick in the starting lineup. He was 6th man. I put him the starting lineup. He did not start. I put him back in the starting lineup and hit the suggested substitution button. He did not get into the starting lineup.

I'm assuming this is Global Control? So you did the depth chart changes and then hit AI suggest in Sub Matrix tab?

Quote:
This works in the regular season, that is, if I manually change my depth chart, then go to the substitution screen, the suggested sub patterns reflect my depth chart. In the summer league, they did not. I would have to do that manually, a tedious process for 5 games. OTOH, the starter only averaged 2 minutes per game more than the second round pick, so much Ado About Nothing, I suppose.

AFAIK, they should work in both, but not sure.

Quote:
c) I want to filter the lists of draft picks and FAs to reflect several minimum criteria. I can't see that that is possible. I can only sort by column. For example, I'd like to have Defense at least 6, OR and DR at least 7 and see the results without everybody else jumbled in. Or, to be able to sort only the 15 people I worked out on the draft lists.

Are you sure there aren't Filters on the right hand side? I don't have the game in front of me obviously, but I could swear there were some that allowed you to do this. Alternatively, there's the player search, which allows you to accomplish the same thing.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #435
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Izulde, thanks for the quick responses.

Yes, I'm the Wizards, so your answer makes sense. However, the e-mail I received about the impending draft led me to believe I could make the picks for the Wizards D-league team. I believe they share it with the T-Wolves.

As to the depth chart, you summarized what I did correctly and why it did not work is a puzzle to me, too. It should. Perhaps it will the next time I run it.

The filters on the right toggle the columns on and off and is quite useful, but it still shows all the players. You can't get 'only players with Def > 6'. You get the entire list that you can sort. However, if I want to to add the rebounding '>6" condition, all I can do is add the DRB and ORB columns and then sort each column individually. I can't combine conditions to do all the work for me, as in FM or OOTP. Seems like a simple SQL search, but how DDS PB2 handles this a different matter.

I'll try the player search button later, however I assumed that would return players who are not FAs, thus ones I'm not interested in.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #436
vex
Grizzled Veteran

About to start the 2013-2014 season and Carmelo and Chris Paul have indeed joined forces...in Cleveland.

Blake Griffin signed as a RFA in Denver.

Oden and Yao are still playing
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #437
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Thanks for the suggestions - I will try and work in what I can
Old 12-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #438
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

My 2012 Wizards have just reached the NBA Finals. After winning a tie-breaker to sneak into the eighth seed with a 40-42 record, they have now won three game sevens to earn the right to face the Hornets for the NBA title.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #439
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Is there anyway to generate fictional teams without renaming every team and coming up with my own logos?

I would like to start a career with a 16 or 20 team league, all fictional players and cities/teams other than the current NBA cities. Is this possible?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #440
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Fictional teams are part of the basic setup (the game is not NBA licensed) but the cities will match up to the proper NBA ones.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #441
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Fictional teams are part of the basic setup (the game is not NBA licensed) but the cities will match up to the proper NBA ones.

I know that Gary, but thanks. Can the game generate alternate cities and logos?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #442
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I can't figure out how the game sorts the Conference standings early in the season. It isn't alphabetical, GBs, or pct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Standings One.JPG (146.0 KB, 163 views)
Old 12-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #443
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I'm going to go out on a limb and say a bug crept in somewhere - if you have that file I'd be happy to take a quick look and see why its calculating it like that.

At a quick glance it has got to be something to do with reverting to which team has the uglier uniform/colors to break a tie

Surely something has gone wrong in dealing with early season ties so I'll look into it for the next update.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #444
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At a quick glance it has got to be something to do with reverting to which team has the uglier uniform/colors to break a tie

Old 12-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #445
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say a bug crept in somewhere - if you have that file I'd be happy to take a quick look and see why its calculating it like that.

Surely something has gone wrong in dealing with early season ties so I'll look into it for the next update.

I sent the zipped file to the Wolverine Tech Support.

I do think this issue goes back to the original Gray Dog version of the game, if that helps any.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #446
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Sorry if this has been covered, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. What I wanted to do was sim a year of a fictional player/NBA structure solo league with no human controlled teams, then take over an NBA team of my choosing after the season. I ran the season and am now at June 19/phone call/GM job stage. There are no NBA jobs listed available. Any way to just skip this and force my way into any job I want, or am I SOL?

Last edited by LloydLungs : 12-21-2010 at 12:39 PM.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #447
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the target list/FA change Gary.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #448
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Sorry if this has been covered, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. What I wanted to do was sim a year of a fictional player/NBA structure solo league with no human controlled teams, then take over an NBA team of my choosing after the season. I ran the season and am now at June 19/phone call/GM job stage. There are no NBA jobs listed available. Any way to just skip this and force my way into any job I want, or am I SOL?

As far as I know SOL. If you rant is a MP league, it'd be different.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #449
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
As far as I know SOL. If you rant is a MP league, it'd be different.

Thanks. That's disappointing. I was hoping there was some kind of manual override in commissioner mode that I was missing.

Unnecessarily restrictive design decision in my opinion, but then I doubt anyone else really likes to play the way I do. Oh well.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #450
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Thanks. That's disappointing. I was hoping there was some kind of manual override in commissioner mode that I was missing.

Unnecessarily restrictive design decision in my opinion, but then I doubt anyone else really likes to play the way I do. Oh well.

Is that...play with yourself??

*rimshot*