Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #401
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
My opponent in the auction league has Welker with 47.5 points

Chalk up the loss for me.

I'd be the highest scoring team in my league this week....except for my opponent....who is absolutely blowing me out, and still has Mendenhall to play.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #402
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I hope Baltimore eventually figures out you can run the clock out with Rice (preferably) and Williams when youre up 30-7 instead of passing the ball like you're down by the same amount.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #403
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm pretty much done this year. Vick's out, Britt is probably going on IR. Matt Ryan is killing the Falcons, and Turner's value.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #404
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I hope Baltimore eventually figures out you can run the clock out with Rice (preferably) and Williams when youre up 30-7 instead of passing the ball like you're down by the same amount.

Pretty Fucking Annoying when youve got STL +30 for the game.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #405
Danny
Head Coach

I'm looking good so far. Between my five leagues I am looking like I will be starting either 12-3 or 13-2
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #407
sooner333
College Starter

I have a team that is about to be 0-3. One of my problems is that DeAngelo Williams has decided to not be very good this season. I'm usually one to ride it out, but I don't see many signs of improvement.

My team right now is:
Rivers
Rice
Williams
Harvin
Fitzgerald
Green
Winslow
BAL
Bironas

Colston
Grant
Stafford
Lloyd
Thomas Jones
Helu
Dallas Clark

I have talked with one owner who has Cutler and Flacco at QB and wants to improve. He has Jones-Drew, Tolbert, Fred Jackson, Steven Jackson, Hillis, McGahee, and Bradshaw at RB. Needless to say, he's stocked.

He is willing to trade any of them except MJD for Rivers and anyone but MJD, Steven Jackson, or Hillis for Stafford. I'm considering trading Stafford for Fred Jackson. Am I crazy?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #408
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Short answer, no. Youre not crazy. He is one of the top RBs in the league and should stay that way barring injury. He also catches a decent share of passes out of the backfield.

FUCK EA
Old 09-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #409
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, down by 30 going into tonight with Grossman and Romo. Just saw on ESPN Cowboys are going to run the ball to protect Romo. Do I buy that and start Grossman or roll the dice with Romo, ribs and all?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #410
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
McFadden and Starks can be your main backs if you do this trade. Moreno is a good pickup for PPR purposes, but really isn't much better than Sproles in that format at this point. Nicks is a nice upgrade and gives you a strong top 3. Week in and week out, this team after the trade would be more consistent and give you a better shot at getting a W each week.

In my opinion, I'd get as much as I could for Johnson if he were on my team in any case. The guy might win you 4 or 5 on his own, but his lack of production in many games will also lose you the same amount. He may find some running room if the Titans pass game continues to produce like they did last week, but I'm just not a big fan of his as a fantasy RB either way.

I think in overall end of season value, the trade is a toss up. Week to week though, it makes you more consistent.

Accepted the trade. Johnson's no-show through 3 games made it far easier.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #411
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, down by 30 going into tonight with Grossman and Romo. Just saw on ESPN Cowboys are going to run the ball to protect Romo. Do I buy that and start Grossman or roll the dice with Romo, ribs and all?

My gut says its time for Bad Rex, who hasnt showed this year. That being said, my numbers have the Skins throwing the ball MORE than the Boys.

Romo should be good for 240 and 2 tds. GL
Old 09-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #412
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
My gut says its time for Bad Rex, who hasnt showed this year. That being said, my numbers have the Skins throwing the ball MORE than the Boys.

Romo should be good for 240 and 2 tds. GL

Went with Romo, just had to do it. Couldn't put my faith im Rex
Old 09-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #413
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Shit, Rex looking good so far
Old 09-29-2011, 03:52 AM   #415
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Just got offered Julio Jones for Deangelo Williams.

My WRs are: C. Johnson, A. Johnson, AJ Green
Mr RBs are: Bradshaw, Matthews, Tate, Starks, D. Williams
Old 09-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #416
corbes
College Benchwarmer

As a fellow Deangelo Williams owner, I would be thrilled if anyone offered me anything for the guy. I regret taking him in the draft and don't see him doing much of anything this year--it seems to me that the touches are trending towards Stewart rather than him. It didn't make any sense that the Panthers gave him that contract, but they did (so I took him), and now the contract still doesn't make any sense. In short: I'd prefer Julio Jones.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #417
Ragone
Pro Rookie

My weekly goal of having a diffrent defense every week maybe coming to an end..

Washington
Chicago(was just dropped)

I currently have washington.. can't decide if dumping them for bears is right idea or not..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #418
spleen1015
Coordinator

I heard earlier in the week that Cedric Benson was going to play this week wince he is appealing his suspension.

Has anyone heard anything else about him this week? I need to know if he is in fact playing or not.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #419
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys-

I'm not big into trading in FF but I got an offer today that I could use some advice on. We are a PPR league.

I would trade Ryan Mathews for LeGarrett Blount and Mike Williams (TB)

Here is my team:
Stafford, Roethlisberger
Mendenhall, Stephen Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Ryan Matthews
Welker, Hines Ward, Julio Jones, Garcon, Crabtree
Owen Daniels
Suisham
San Diego, Atlanta Ds
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #420
Danny
Head Coach

Benson is playing.

Drop Wash and go with Chicago.

DO NOT MAKE THAT TRADE. Matthews looks on his way to being a top 10 RB while Blount looks like a RB3 at best and Williams has been very disappointing. I think you can do better and I would actually look to swing Mendenhall or Jackson if you think they have more value. I see Mathews finishing the season with more points than either of them at this point, he looks really good.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #421
Danny
Head Coach

Especially being PPR, Mathews is easily your best RB.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #422
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey guys-

I'm not big into trading in FF but I got an offer today that I could use some advice on. We are a PPR league.

I would trade Ryan Mathews for LeGarrett Blount and Mike Williams (TB)

Here is my team:
Stafford, Roethlisberger
Mendenhall, Stephen Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Ryan Matthews
Welker, Hines Ward, Julio Jones, Garcon, Crabtree
Owen Daniels
Suisham
San Diego, Atlanta Ds

Two for one deals -- always walk away with the one. That's my general rule.

Last edited by rowech : 10-01-2011 at 12:08 PM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #423
kingfc22
Head Coach

Need to start 2 of these 3:

LeGarrette Blount
Daniel Thomas
Rashard Mendenhall
Old 10-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #424
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Need to start 2 of these 3:

LeGarrette Blount
Daniel Thomas
Rashard Mendenhall

Thomas isn't playing so that should make your decision easy.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #425
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

PB, if you want to trade to upgrade your WR situation, I would try to find a team with a hole at QB and deal Roethlisberger. I also suggest dropping SD's defense for someone on the waiver wire, they havent done anything with a couple decent match-ups this season.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #426
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks a ton guys. Last year I would've liked the deal but I haven't gotten to see the Chargers yet this year but have heard good things about Mathews (and his numbers obviously look good). Thanks!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #427
bhlloy
Coordinator

Pick 2 RB to start tomorrow from this list:

Michael Turner
Steven Jackson in his return
Jahvid Best
James Starks (with Ryan Grant out)
Mike Tolbert (with Mathews probable but limited)

Leaning towards turner and jackson as the stud plays but I can't shake the feeling that Starks could have a huge game in that offense. Thoughts?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #428
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Best & Starks (That's what Fantasy guru says, and I tend to agree Best is a solid start, and then Starks is the best of the rest, but really it's a toss up. I never liked Turner on the road, and Jackson is coming back from injury- Tolbert you just can't trust)

I need help picking my flex- PPR League:
McGahee, J Stewart, B Wells, Tolbert
Brandon Lloyd, Erick Decker, Dexter McCulster, Nate Washington

My guy is saying Tolbert, Lloyd, or Wells- but fantasyguru is saying Eric Decker- I normally trust them, but that seems like a big gamble.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #429
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Steven Jackson or James Starks? Grant isn't playing and Jackson seems to always fuck people when he's in that injury limbo. I have Jackson right now but wondering if I'm making a mistake.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #430
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok..

Reggie Wayne or Anquan Boldin? Luckily I have some time to make the move since they each play at night this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #431
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Cam Newton is looking like he can carry a fantasy team this year. Thus far he has saved me from Josh Freeman's terrible start.

Anyone feel like Freeman has any trade value at this point? There is a guy in my league who has Cutler/Collins as his two headed QB. Worth my time to try and get one of Dez Bryant/Owen Daniel/Plaxico Burress from him? Which one would be a fair offer at this point to start at?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #432
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Ok..

Reggie Wayne or Anquan Boldin? Luckily I have some time to make the move since they each play at night this week.

battle of the disappointments. Id go with Wayne since Quan is asposed to be on Revis Island.

But, Painter has a man crush on Pierre for some reason. I dunno, maybe the week of practice changed it.

Still, gun to head, Wayne. (coming from a guy who started denarious moore)
Old 10-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #433
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Best & Starks (That's what Fantasy guru says, and I tend to agree Best is a solid start, and then Starks is the best of the rest, but really it's a toss up. I never liked Turner on the road, and Jackson is coming back from injury- Tolbert you just can't trust)

Went with Turner and Starks, Turner is almost a no brainer for me because Atlanta is committed to giving him so many carries even when he's not producing and he's the #1 option in the red zone. Jackson or Tolbert would have given me a couple more points than Starks but turned out alright ultimately.

Honestly, slightly starting to sour on Best even though he did have a nice week last week. Seems like he's not an option at all once Detroit gets inside the 20, he's not an elite runner, and he's getting less attention in the passing game - whether that's because the opposition is keying on him or whether Pettigrew is starting to get a lot of those short passes called for him. In a PPR league he'd probably be a bit more valuable but he's pretty clearly a #3 for me right now.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #434
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
battle of the disappointments. Id go with Wayne since Quan is asposed to be on Revis Island.

But, Painter has a man crush on Pierre for some reason. I dunno, maybe the week of practice changed it.

Still, gun to head, Wayne. (coming from a guy who started denarious moore)

FWIW - this is what I went with even before seeing your post.

Really seemed like a lesser of two evils choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #435
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Findings from week 4:

1. Cam Newton is real. He's also a goal line back. He's like Vick but with an o-line. I'm starting him from here on out and I've placed Phil Rivers on the trade block.

2. It's the dreaded RBBC (Running Back by Committee) for most teams. Worse, pass catching backs seem to be an endangered species. That being said, I'd rather have slow burners like Chris Johnson and Frank Gore (who I stupidly benched because I heard he wasn't starting).

3. Wide receiver and Tight End are supremely deep this season. Only I could bench Bowe and start Denarius Moore and still eek out a victory (on my bench: Tolbert, Gore, and Bowe). Thank god for Jimmy Graham.

4. Finally got a win, I doubt I'll make playoffs, but I intend to unleash hell on playoff teams.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #436
B & B
College Benchwarmer

The two highest scoring players on my team were taken back to back in the 8th and 9th round.

My starting RBs week 1 were Jamaal Charles and Knowshown Moreno.

Still, tied for 1st place in the league after four weeks at 3-1.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #437
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think it is time to get out from under Ben Tate. I'm trying to package him up to Foster's owner ATM. If that falls through am I crazy for leaning towards dropping him for Torain and all those Shanahanagans? FWIW I have to have just 4 RBs on game day or I would drop a kicker and stash both of them.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #438
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Fuck Shanahanalongadingdong. At least history shows that Torain will get hurt within weeks.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #439
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Fuck Shanahanalongadingdong. At least history shows that Torain will get hurt within weeks.

Tim Hightower owner? Sounds like me after I heard Gore was healthy enough to play yet not starting this week.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #440
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Im having a miserable season. Hightower getting benched isn't like the major problem, but I've already lost Britt, Hernandez, and had Manningham flop too. I obviously just took a horrible cocktail of guys. There's some hope that Ridley might be good, but I don't like messing with NE backs at all. And on top of that, Felix Jones is an enigma.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #441
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Every week I'm the second highest scoring team. Every week I play the highest scoring team.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #442
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

So I just made a trade without consulting the FOFC Fantasy Gurus, let me know how you think I did here.

Traded: James Starks and Percy Harvin
Received: Jahvid Best

My team now (Keeper league, .5PPR, 3WR 2RB 1Flex)

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Josh Freeman
Peyton Manning

Vincent Jackson
Hakeem Nicks
Mike Williams (TB)
Mike Thomas

Darren McFadden
Darren Sproles
Jahvid Best
DeAngelo Williams
Knowshon Moreno

Jason Witten
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #443
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As a Best owner I will say that I'm not sure Best is the back you are looking for. 3YPC and losing looks in the passing game to Pettigrew as the weeks go by. That said I hope this works out for you b/c if it does then that means Best is helping me too.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #444
Danny
Head Coach

I think it was a good trade with your team. Best is the best player in the deal.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #445
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Here's a trade proposal I'm struggling with in a 12-team IDP league starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, and 1 TE (offensively at least).

My team:
QB Kevin Kolb
RB Ray Rice, Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Mike Tolbert, Stevan Ridley
WR Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Nate Washington, Dexter McCluster
TE Jermichael Finley

Trade proposal is QB Matthew Stafford and TE Kellen Winslow for WR Vincent Jackson and TE Jermichael Finley.

Thoughts?
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #446
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes View Post
Here's a trade proposal I'm struggling with in a 12-team IDP league starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, and 1 TE (offensively at least).

My team:
QB Kevin Kolb
RB Ray Rice, Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Mike Tolbert, Stevan Ridley
WR Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Nate Washington, Dexter McCluster
TE Jermichael Finley

Trade proposal is QB Matthew Stafford and TE Kellen Winslow for WR Vincent Jackson and TE Jermichael Finley.

Thoughts?

Its one of those deals that can work for both teams, IMO.. But I would ask for a RB in place of Winslow instead and get a TE off the waiver wire. Tennessee's Cook or Davis from Washington seem to be available a lot.

FUCK EA
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #447
TLK
Pro Starter

Kolb @ MIN
Roethlisberger vs. TEN

Roethlisberger has killed me all year and is coming into this week injured... however if I sit him he'll probably explode. Any thoughts?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #448
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Kolb is probably the safe bet to get you about a league average number of points in a week. Roethlisberger has a seriously banged up O Line and the Steelers are playing a team that has been much better defensively this year. The Titans are tied with the Bengals for lowest yards per play allowed and 7th in overall defense.. I think the odds of Roethlisberger having a better day than Kolb are about 20/80 in favor of Kolb.

FUCK EA
Old 10-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #449
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Kolb is probably the safe bet to get you about a league average number of points in a week. Roethlisberger has a seriously banged up O Line and the Steelers are playing a team that has been much better defensively this year. The Titans are tied with the Bengals for lowest yards per play allowed and 7th in overall defense.. I think the odds of Roethlisberger having a better day than Kolb are about 20/80 in favor of Kolb.

Thanks. Along the same lines of what I was thinking. I'm going to start the TEN Def against Roethlisburger. He's in line for a monster day now...heh.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #450
sooner333
College Starter

Is it time to bench my first round pick Vick for Newton?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote