Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2004, 09:48 PM   #401
Suicane75
Coordinator

Im starting to think that im arguing for the sake of arguing. I believe that downloading a jpeg and not giving credit is moraly very different from stealing your car, if you don't than thats fine.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:49 PM   #402
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
No no no, i said a picture on the internet. For you to make the leap of logic that it would stretch to your car, your tv or your toilet paper is dumb.

This reminds me of a story.

A man asks a woman if she'll go to bed with him for a million dollars and she says yes. He then asks her if she'll go to bed with him for 20 dollars.

She huffs and puffs and says "what do you take me for, a prostitute"?

He replies, "We've established what you are, now were just haggling over the price. "

Old 06-30-2004, 09:50 PM   #403
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Im starting to think that im arguing for the sake of arguing. I believe that downloading a jpeg and not giving credit is moraly very different from stealing your car, if you don't than thats fine.

you're certainly not the only one that thinks that way.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:51 PM   #404
Suicane75
Coordinator

I hardly think that sleeping with someone for $1 million dollars is the same as............................no, im done.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:51 PM   #405
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon
This reminds me of a story.

A man asks a woman if she'll go to bed with him for a million dollars and she says yes. He then asks her if she'll go to bed with him for 20 dollars.

She huffs and puffs and says "what do you take me for, a prostitute"?

He replies, "We've established what you are, now were just haggling over the price. "

Why on earth would he offer $19 million MORE after she already said she'd sleep with him for $1 million???

You're warped logic doesn't fool us!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:53 PM   #406
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
If you feel so strongly about it I would hope you don't ever use and roster packs/face packs/tweaked sliders/mods without express written consent from the appropriate people.

EDIT: And, according to you a theif can't call another person a theif even when they are?

Please read what I write and understand it.

1. I stated that I feel strongly about..no, let me just requote myself

Quote:
I'm just being honest about it. I steal, I break the law, I break a commandment or two. I'm just not going to bullshit myself and say it's ok because it's only 5 mph. I abhor that and it's one of the main reason people are so screwed up IMHO. If we agreed to the same set of rules then maybe we'd treat each other a little bit better.

2. I said it's wrong to try and take the moral high ground. The first time I jumped in wasn't in the entire thief fiasco, it was when LL took the moral high ground. Come on man, I explained that in my first reply to you.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:55 PM   #407
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Why on earth would he offer $19 million MORE after she already said she'd sleep with him for $1 million???

You're warped logic doesn't fool us!

I don't see how 20 dollas is $19 million more than 1 million but I do hope that when I get off work I can have some of whatever you're drinking/smoking/snorting/otherwise imbibing.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:07 PM   #408
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Simple question. Are they both morally wrong?

If you say it's not morally wrong to do the former then indeed we disagree and that's fine. If you say that they're both morally wrong then you really don't have the argument you think you have with my point.

Sure, I used some extremes in my argument but I need to. Too many people aren't paying attention to the issue when you compare similar concepts. Sir Fozzie found that out. Bring on the extremes and suddenly people get upset, they start thinking, hopefully.

Lets bring it back to reality then. The only issue in front of us is the downloading of a jpeg and not giving credit. Again, assuming you answered yes to my question we have a case where two fellows committed the SAME offense, no car stolen, and one is claiming the morally superior position.

Surely you can see how this is incorrect now??
Old 06-30-2004, 10:10 PM   #409
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Simple question. Are they both morally wrong?

If you say it's not morally wrong to do the former then indeed we disagree and that's fine. If you say that they're both morally wrong then you really don't have the argument you think you have with my point.

Sure, I used some extremes in my argument but I need to. Too many people aren't paying attention to the issue when you compare similar concepts. Sir Fozzie found that out. Bring on the extremes and suddenly people get upset, they start thinking, hopefully.

Lets bring it back to reality then. The only issue in front of us is the downloading of a jpeg and not giving credit. Again, assuming you answered yes to my question we have a case where two fellows committed the SAME offense, no car stolen, and one is claiming the morally superior position.

Surely you can see how this is incorrect now??

I'm sorry, I was masturbating.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:11 PM   #410
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm sorry, I was masturbating.

TMI, but if that's the best you can do in answer to the question I'd take it your entire presence in this thread surely is more of the same, no???
Old 06-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #411
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
TMI, but if that's the best you can do in answer to the question I'd take it your entire presence in this thread surely is more of the same, no???

No, i just don't feel like arguing anymore.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:15 PM   #412
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, i just don't feel like arguing anymore.

Oh, I was just debating, not arguing. It's a shame you stopped at the last post though. I'd have liked to hear how you answered it.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:19 PM   #413
Suicane75
Coordinator

Honestly, no, i don't feel like downloading a jpeg off of the internet and using it in a facepack for a baseball game and letting other people use it without giving credit to or asking the people who run the website you got it from for permission in any way immoral.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #414
MJ4H
Coordinator

FWIW I agree with you axxon in just about everything you have said.

Just so you know you arent alone out here.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #415
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman

I am never playing sliders with you again!!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:29 PM   #416
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman

Thanks, I appreciate it.

It seems that we're in the minority though. No matter, I'd rather be right and in the minority than wrong and part of the in crowd.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:30 PM   #417
General Mike
Pro Starter

I miss all the fun
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:30 PM   #418
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I didn't bother posting because Axxon was posting much more eloquently than I could do and was saying it quicker as well, but I also agree with his compelling argument.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:31 PM   #419
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Honestly, no, i don't feel like downloading a jpeg off of the internet and using it in a facepack for a baseball game and letting other people use it without giving credit to or asking the people who run the website you got it from for permission in any way immoral.

Ok, I can accept that but how can you then fault SD for doing just that or do you not fault him but just jumped in to the argument to respond to my posts??

Either way, it's cool because you did help me get my point out, whether people listen to it or not and I appreciate that.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:34 PM   #420
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I didn't bother posting because Axxon was posting much more eloquently than I could do and was saying it quicker as well, but I also agree with his compelling argument.

Thanks a bunch.

All that and I handled 161 calls since I posted my first post in this thread.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:36 PM   #421
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, I can accept that but how can you then fault SD for doing just that or do you not fault him but just jumped in to the argument to respond to my posts??

Either way, it's cool because you did help me get my point out, whether people listen to it or not and I appreciate that.

I don't fault Skydog at all, my brain started hurting during all the back and forth so i'm not sure what was asked when, but I generaly think that LL overreacted a little bit, and i think Skydog was so taken aback when he was asked for an appology that maybe he wasn't as contrite as might have been needed to end the situation before it really got started.
I was mainly responding to your argument about the morality of LL stealing pictures.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:40 PM   #422
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't fault Skydog at all, my brain started hurting during all the back and forth so i'm not sure what was asked when, but I generaly think that LL overreacted a little bit, and i think Skydog was so taken aback when he was asked for an appology that maybe he wasn't as contrite as might have been needed to end the situation before it really got started.
I was mainly responding to your argument about the morality of LL stealing pictures.

Well, what do you know, we agree.

Again, I'm REALLY glad you did respond to my argument. It opened up what was a couple of posts into hopefully some thought provoking reading. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:42 PM   #423
Suicane75
Coordinator

No problem, I had fun, except for everyone agreeing with you
Old 06-30-2004, 10:43 PM   #424
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
No problem, I had fun, except for everyone agreeing with you

Old 06-30-2004, 11:06 PM   #425
KWhit
Coordinator

Wow. That was good stuff (except for all the Axxon Suicane stuff at the end).

Well done guys.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:09 PM   #426
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Wow. That was good stuff (except for all the Axxon Suicane stuff at the end).

Well done guys.

Well, PFFFFFHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT to you then.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:17 PM   #427
LivnLegend
n00b

To think I almost missed the best posts in this thread if not for my curiosity over taking one more look. Axxon, you certainly win the prize for most bizarre logic I've ever read!

I am now being labeled a thief, as bad as your average grand theft felon! And my parents never thought I'd amount to anything! Woo hoo!

Man, you just can't be serious. if you had posted once, I'd surely think you were joking. The fact that you went on and on through a dozen or more posts with this crazy logic suggests you are quite serious.

Axxon, you will be happy to know that this thief has gone straight! No more life of crime for me! I am done ripping off photos from their rightful owners for use in mods for any community. I am done making logos for those in OOTP Developments that ask (I was getting pretty good at it too!). I took down my fictional league photo packs so this type of issue will be avoided. To think all I wanted was a little credit for my efforts...oh, the humanity!
LivnLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:19 PM   #428
Suicane75
Coordinator

Oh man, i hope Axxon is driving home and planning to go straight to bed.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:36 PM   #429
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivnLegend
To think I almost missed the best posts in this thread if not for my curiosity over taking one more look. Axxon, you certainly win the prize for most bizarre logic I've ever read!

Wow, you really need to read more. May I suggest try reading a book?

Quote:
I am now being labeled a thief, as bad as your average grand theft felon! And my parents never thought I'd amount to anything! Woo hoo!

Well, if your parents aren't proud of your well honed victim routine then this might not impress them either.

Quote:
Man, you just can't be serious. if you had posted once, I'd surely think you were joking. The fact that you went on and on through a dozen or more posts with this crazy logic suggests you are quite serious.

Well, see, here's where reading a book, can help you, specifically with comprehension I'd add. Nowhere was it ever suggested that you were on the same level as a grand theft felon, though I imagine it would give your ego a needed boost. I simply equated you with the person who you said so greviously injured your ego and you are exactly on the same level no matter your protestations of moral superiority.

Quote:
Axxon, you will be happy to know that this thief has gone straight! No more life of crime for me! I am done ripping off photos from their rightful owners for use in mods for any community. I am done making logos for those in OOTP Developments that ask (I was getting pretty good at it too!). I took down my fictional league photo packs so this type of issue will be avoided. To think all I wanted was a little credit for my efforts...oh, the humanity!

I couldn't care less what you do. I didn't use the facepack and I certainly wouldn't use it now. But if you're serious, I say the same thing I say to all the other primadonnas who throw tantrums. Good bye, good luck, wish you well. Don't let the door hit you on the ass as you're leaving.

I know that making mods is a thankless job but the emphasis is really on the word thankless. I do agree that you should have been given credit. Hell, I really don't think anyone disagrees but you turned into a whiny bitch and no one likes a whiny bitch. I'd rather you not make mods in that case. Really.
If sharing isn't enough for you, sell the product, then you get gratification. I'd rather kick you a few bucks and buy a good mod than have to put up with the histrionics and hand wringing while you clear your angst to get it for free.

Last edited by Axxon : 06-30-2004 at 11:40 PM.
Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:38 PM   #430
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh man, i hope Axxon is driving home and planning to go straight to bed.

Not yet.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:04 AM   #431
Cuckoo
College Starter

I can't believe I've read almost all of this thread. Oh, and I agree with Axxon.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:22 AM   #432
korme
Go Reds

you guys are complete and total jackasses, seriously.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:26 AM   #433
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
you guys are complete and total jackasses, seriously.

Yes, but at least we can legally drink.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:26 AM   #434
korme
Go Reds

ehh...you guys just = axxon
Old 07-01-2004, 12:29 AM   #435
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
ehh...you guys just = axxon

I really do my best.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:34 AM   #436
TLK
Pro Starter

(on page 1)

only eight more to go...... hopefully I'll have enough beers...

edit: miss a day.... miss too much at FOFC

Last edited by TLK : 07-01-2004 at 12:35 AM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:06 AM   #437
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Damn, 2 new pages since I went to Spiderman 2 tonight.

Anyone else want to borrow a stick to beat this dead horse some more?
Old 07-01-2004, 01:37 AM   #438
TLK
Pro Starter

ok.... wow..... (I'm feeling pretty nice after 8 pages....sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors)

guys.... this isn't cancer or anything.....

Skydog was trying to help a community out, not meaning any harm...... he realized his mistake and pulled the file.... all good.... (and I think if he were a random member, this wouldn't have been as much of an issue)

nobody was in the right or wrong here..... because they were all taking from someone else without giving "proper" (as some would put it) credit.... I don't see how anyone can be accused of being malicious....

If I took the time to make an enhancement to FOF (or such).... I'd welcome anyone and everyone to add to it..... unfortunately, that wasn't the case here....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 02:39 AM   #439
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Let's hear more about Bobby Bowden's pussy.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:09 AM   #440
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I only read the first page of this thread. All I could stomach. It's times like these when I think of the old saying...

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 07-01-2004 at 03:10 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:17 AM   #441
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I only read the first page of this thread. All I could stomach. It's times like these when I think of the old saying...

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army on page 6

Found one.

You're late, HB...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:19 AM   #442
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
You're late, HB...

I reckon, I was. I didn't have the energy to search through the whole thread... Still haven't had coffee yet. Head hurts.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:27 AM   #443
Buddy Grant
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
Skydog was trying to help a community out, not meaning any harm...... he realized his mistake and pulled the file.... all good....
This is closer to accurate than most posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
(and I think if he were a random member, this wouldn't have been as much of an issue)
This kind of thing would always be an issue, but not a 9+ page issue that's for sure.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:54 AM   #444
korme
Go Reds

*whistles*
Old 07-01-2004, 03:55 AM   #445
JeeberD
General Manager

I love it when Shorty breaks out Photoshop...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:34 AM   #446
Raiders Army
Coordinator

An Update on Who's Who in the thread (with corrections, of course):

SkyDog's Gang:
digamma
SirFozzie
VPI97
gstelmack
indoorsoccersim
BishopMVP
WSUCougar

LivnLegend's Gang:
cthomer5000
Chubby
Draft Dodger
Shorty3281
Aadik
Hammer755

Feta Gang:
Fritz
Kurtism
Tauter
cuervo72*

Others Who Have Posted:
JeeberD
HornedFrogPurple
Franklinnoble
vtbub
rkmsuf
primelord
scooper
Noop
The herd
Schmidty
Bonegavel
Fritz
Senator
Raiders Army
Fonzie
Buzzbee
Raven Hawk
Eaglesfan27
MrIllini
Subby
fantastic flying froggies
Samdari
RealDeal
Blackadar
John Galt
duckman
MattJones4Heisman
MikeVic
JAG
druez
Rich1033
hukarez
Buddy Grant
Sabotai
Suicane75
Hell Atlantic
NevStar
Axxon
Radii
McSweeny
Calis
General Mike
KWhit
Cuckoo
TheLionKing
Pumpy Tudors
Honolulu Blue
Golden Eagle

If I'm in error, please let me know
*even though cuervo is the village idiot of the feta gang

Last edited by Raiders Army : 07-01-2004 at 06:09 AM.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 05:45 AM   #447
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I want to voice my complaint about this thread not being titled correctly. I missed the whole damn thing because I thought it was about Star Wars.

People over at the OOTP boards are such hypocrites. They advocate stealing the photographers work and then zealously defend Living Legend for doing the same thing! It makes little sense to me and neither does the effort argument. It is the same no matter how much work was put into it! Also, whoever brought up the essay point - I look at it like this. LL took the work from the books without giving them credit, SD just took LL’s paper and combined with others to form his paper.

Should SD had given LL credit? Yes. But SD said he did not know, and I believe that. He offered to give LL credit but LL lets his big fat ego get in the way. The result? The community in which the mod was made for now is gone. I did not get a chance to grab the file but would have loved to. Now I can not and others, who may have gone and bought the game because of the face file, will not buy. Could this potentially hurt OOTP sales? Yes, great job LL!

Noop - you do practically mess up every sentence. I thought we were trying not to quote Noop anymore?
Old 07-01-2004, 06:15 AM   #448
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle

Noop - you do practically mess up every sentence. I thought we were trying not to quote Noop anymore?

You know what I don't care. You all swear your so perfect that you have never made a mistake before. Fuck Subby fuck him cause personally I don't give a fuck about him or his stupid sim league. I offer an opinion just like anyone else but yet I get ripped often times unfairly because I am up against the crowd. Most pissing matches I have got in with most of you I have made good points but since I have a label it gets lost. I never take the low when some of you proceed to personal attacks against me. But now I don't care.... fuck you, your mama, your daddy and whoever the hell you claim as a friend. Because now I refuse to take the high road I will drop to all your levels and say fuck you. Most if not all of you are older then I am but yet... you all act like little bitches and to those bitches fuck you. This is not to everyone but if you feel this is about you then guess what fuck you die slow.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:19 AM   #449
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
You know what I don't care. You all swear your so perfect that you have never made a mistake before. Fuck Subby fuck him cause personally I don't give a fuck about him or his stupid sim league. I offer an opinion just like anyone else but yet I get ripped often times unfairly because I am up against the crowd. Most pissing matches I have got in with most of you I have made good points but since I have a label it gets lost. I never take the low when some of you proceed to personal attacks against me. But now I don't care.... fuck you, your mama, your daddy and whoever the hell you claim as a friend. Because now I refuse to take the high road I will drop to all your levels and say fuck you. Most if not all of you are older then I am but yet... you all act like little bitches and to those bitches fuck you. This is not to everyone but if you feel this is about you then guess what fuck you die slow.
Noop, I usually let people slide with rants, particularly when they feel that they've been attacked. However, the "die slow" just puts it over the top for me. I think you need three days in the box to cool off.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:38 AM   #450
miked
College Starter

So....uhm....

Like, when's BOSI coming out?

iss: all
miked is offline   Reply With Quote