Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #401
Radii
Head Coach

I'm up to ~25 games played (and ~32ish overall as I was injured for a bit). I'm now the starting point guard for the knicks, only rated 61 OVR but the point allocation I went with early on got the most bang for my buck and seemed to work out perfectly. I'm averaging ~15 points/8 assists per game. I'm still playing on pro though after a few games I realized I had it on... arcade? I forget the setting actually, but I've changed it to simulation.

My early focus was entirely on 3 point shooting and on ball defense, 3P Shot is up to 84, on ball defense 91 I think. I got some huge OVR jumps by dumping tons of points into offensive and defensive awareness, both of which started out insanely low for me. Fast PG's still blow by me like crazy though increasing my quickness 5 or 6 points has helped with that. I keep wanting to raise my speed but that's *so* expensive.

The knicks have done some dumb things so far this year, does the team you play for make more trades than normal? They traded Azubuke + a 1st rounder for Yi Jianlian early in the year and he hardly sees the court. Someone got traded for Jordan Farmar, I forget who though. That seemed really silly with me and felton and mason and douglas already on the roster. Most recently though, the Knicks traded Gallinari and Turiaf for Roy Hibbert. I actually kinda like that move, Turiaf was a waste of space and Hibbert inside helps on the boards a ton more.

I've had a few notable games, I put up my first triple double against Oklahoma City. The bad news was the it was in a 25 point loss. The good news is that the game considers it to be a "key game" if you go up against a star at your position on the other team, and Westbrook qualified. I ended up with something like 19 points, 10 boards, 15 assists. The triple double ended up completing like 3 milestones and with the double points and completing all my objectives I got over 6000 skill points that game. I got super hot from 3 one game and scored a career high 33 (though I don't think I've topped 20 a single time other than that yet).

My last game against Indiana we destroyed them(first game with Hibbert). TJ Ford was no threat to score at all so I sagged way off and cheated crashing the boards a ton, I had 7 points/10 boards/13 assists with 10 minutes to go in the game, but I was ice freaking cold and could not score anymore the rest of the way. We were up by 20+ so I was being a real asshole going for those final 3 points too, I ended up shooting 2-18 for the game.

I'm probably doing a lot better than I should be, but meh, its tons of fun and its not like I can drop 50 at will so its all good. Amare is SO good in this game. Maybe its the distributor too Probably a full 1/3 of my assists come from "well crap nothing is opening up, lets pass it to Amare and see what happens".

Last edited by Radii : 01-05-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #402
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I started a my player career, but have yet to get really deep into it. Soon though.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #403
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Most of you my player people just playing on pro default, 12 min quarters?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #404
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Most of you my player people just playing on pro default, 12 min quarters?

That's what i'm doing for now. Can you even change sliders in my player? My 3P% has dropped a lot once i changed to simulation from arcade, i think my scoring would have gone a little nuts if I hadn't done that... but I haven't messed with anything else.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #405
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I haven't paid a lick of attention to basketball in the last 10 years, picked this up based on this thread, and have been having a ton of fun with it. Thanks FOFC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I got some huge OVR jumps by dumping tons of points into offensive and defensive awareness, both of which started out insanely low for me. Fast PG's still blow by me like crazy though increasing my quickness 5 or 6 points has helped with that. I keep wanting to raise my speed but that's *so* expensive.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I'm like 40 games in, but stuck at a measly 47 overall or something. I have ignored both the awarenesses though, and both started pitifully low. I like that it will let you take back and re-assign pretty much all your points at any time, since it's sometimes hard to tell exactly what attribute will have the effect you're looking for. I still hesitate at the thought of plugging sweet, sweet points into awareness tho...what effect does it actually have on my player, other than raise his overall rating?

Starting my first dude I swerved from the obvious choice of a scorer, figuring I might be able to ease the learning and frustration curves by not trying to score 20+ a game, immediately. I made a 6' 8" power forward, entirely focused on rebounding, and totally and completely screwed up his drills and drafts in ultra-retarded fashion before being drafted by the Heat in the middle of the 2nd round. At first I thought "drat I'll never get any minutes on the Heat", but it ended up being a blessing as I filled in the 6th man role, rotating in at the 3 4 and 5 as necessary and picking up ~25 minutes per game (although it's not necessarily so awesome having to guard Yao Ming, in the final clutch minutes of a game, as a 6' 8" dude rated in the high 40s). It also ended up being a blessing, because even an utter NBA dumbass like myself knows his role on the Heat. All that changed a couple games ago though, when Chris Bosh tore his ACL for the season.

Focusing on rebounding is lots of fun! That said, damn this game is pretty hard. It took me 20+ games just to feel slightly comfortable with the controls, and I am still an absolute travesty with the ball in my hands (and it's never in my hands for long). Part of that is due to my dude's lack of offensive skills, and part of it is due to my ignoring the offensive game for the first 15 times I played, and part of it is that the controls are just damn hard. Trying to work some specific "post moves" with the left stick, while I'm also trying to work the "shot-stick" to take a particular shot at one-or-the-other side of the basket, usually just results in my guy crumpling into a heap, as the ball slowly rolls out of bounds. It's not all that rare that I finish in the double-digits for points, but they are guaranteed to be 10-12 ugly points.

Glowing praise aside, is there any way to skip those GOTdamn press conferences? I can confirm that furiously mashing the buttons or swearing loudly do not work.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #406
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Hmmm, that's interesting. I'm like 40 games in, but stuck at a measly 47 overall or something. I have ignored both the awarenesses though, and both started pitifully low. I like that it will let you take back and re-assign pretty much all your points at any time, since it's sometimes hard to tell exactly what attribute will have the effect you're looking for. I still hesitate at the thought of plugging sweet, sweet points into awareness tho...what effect does it actually have on my player, other than raise his overall rating?

I really have no idea how to see the on court impact of some of the more subtle ratings. A lot of times I just try things really. Despite my ~90 rating in on ball defense a guy like Russell Westbrook can blow by me to get into the lane at will. It rarely hurts *my* score because the bigs go help and my Westbrook gets an assist but not the bucket, but I still want to be able to stop penetration. so I tried defensive awareness, then I tried quickness, etc. I vaguely feel that my guy is better at it but still I had to give even TJ Ford *tons* of room when I played the bulls out at the 3 point line or he'd drive all day.

A lot of what I'm doing is trying to just be a more well rounded player. Maybe when I get 2000 points I should put one point into ball handling since I'm a PG... but its so much more fun to be able to put 20 points into strength to raise it from 25-45, and I'm trying to be a guard that can snag a few boards if not boxed out, so that's my justification

Quote:
Glowing praise aside, is there any way to skip those GOTdamn press conferences? I can confirm that furiously mashing the buttons or swearing loudly do not work.

Not that I can see, nope. I play wtih the sound real low so I can ignore the interviewer, but I do try to pick "good" answers to the questions. I had a crappy shooting day recently but had ~5 boards and ~10 assists in a win, and the question was about how many shots I took despite not making any. I went with the arrogant answer, and my guy says something like "You think you can do this? Not one of you out there could make a free throw I bet. Maybe you should stop and think about how hard this is before you ask another question like that" I lol'd.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #407
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Sigh. When will the PC Patch come out?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #408
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Sigh. When will the PC Patch come out?

I feel your pain. According to Ronnie2K (a guy that works for them who has a Twitter page), it was sent out to the digital distributors to be approved and they have to wait for all of them to give them to green light. He mentioned there weren't many of them left so I am hoping that means that it will be coming out in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited by Antmeister : 01-06-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #409
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's what i'm doing for now. Can you even change sliders in my player? My 3P% has dropped a lot once i changed to simulation from arcade, i think my scoring would have gone a little nuts if I hadn't done that... but I haven't messed with anything else.

Thanks!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #410
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I really have no idea how to see the on court impact of some of the more subtle ratings. A lot of times I just try things really. Despite my ~90 rating in on ball defense a guy like Russell Westbrook can blow by me to get into the lane at will. It rarely hurts *my* score because the bigs go help and my Westbrook gets an assist but not the bucket, but I still want to be able to stop penetration. so I tried defensive awareness, then I tried quickness, etc. I vaguely feel that my guy is better at it but still I had to give even TJ Ford *tons* of room when I played the bulls out at the 3 point line or he'd drive all day.

I have a ton of problems guarding the point guard as well. I guess my thinking on this though is that Im not sure there are many defenders that would be able to keep a guy like Westbrook out of the lane if he wanted to get there.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #411
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I have a ton of problems guarding the point guard as well. I guess my thinking on this though is that Im not sure there are many defenders that would be able to keep a guy like Westbrook out of the lane if he wanted to get there.

yeah. I was a little surprised at how much trouble I had keeping TJ Ford out of the lane though. My speed and quickness are in the 77ish range though so there is a ton of room for improvement there. They're expensive to increase but at some point I'll probably dedicate some time to raising them up to 85ish and see if I can tell a difference.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #412
King of New York
High School Varsity

Playing as a 49-rated player on a bad Indiana Pacers team, I go into the press conference and learn that our head coach has "just been fired." No biggie.

Then we lose the next game, and I go into the next press conference and learn that the coach has "just been fired," again. Then we lose the next game, and I go into the next press conference and learn...perhaps you see where I am going with this.

As best as I can tell from the press conferences, the Pacers management has fired about a dozen different head coaches over the last three weeks. That's gotta be expensive.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #413
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Fast PG's still blow by me like crazy though increasing my quickness 5 or 6 points has helped with that. I keep wanting to raise my speed but that's *so* expensive.

One of the attributes that gets a boost from the Dribble Course drill is Speed. Use that to try to build up speed rather than skill points.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #414
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The press conferences seem pretty tacked on. Especially since the indicators that are supposedly going up an down (teammate chemistry and such) don't appear to be tracked or accounted for in any way.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #415
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
One of the attributes that gets a boost from the Dribble Course drill is Speed. Use that to try to build up speed rather than skill points.

Now that's a useful hint, considering the cost of speed.

I've had somewhat of a mixed bag with the drills. They seem to be consistently frustrating, regardless of your skills. The rebounding one is where I spent most of my time, before I gave up on them, and the results still seem pretty well random, even after having built up my dude's abilities, and getting much more familiar with the controls/game. Unfortunately, the real reason I stopped doing drills entirely, is because the process of loading/connecting to the server/verifying your content/spinning the disc/saving/whatever the hell the game insists on doing in between every activity was taking longer than the drills.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #416
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

Ohh i'll have to learn not to suck at that one. I found that once I dumped enough points into 3 point shooting I could get gold on the shooting drill by shooting only 3 point shots, which seems to always give me a point in 3 point shooting. i think I burned skill points to get to 80, and have gotten from 80->84 using drills.

I've actually never even completed any of the other drills except for the stealing one. I tried the dribble course a couple times and came very close to bronze but came up short.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #417
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of New York View Post
Playing as a 49-rated player on a bad Indiana Pacers team, I go into the press conference and learn that our head coach has "just been fired." No biggie.

Then we lose the next game, and I go into the next press conference and learn that the coach has "just been fired," again. Then we lose the next game, and I go into the next press conference and learn...perhaps you see where I am going with this.

As best as I can tell from the press conferences, the Pacers management has fired about a dozen different head coaches over the last three weeks. That's gotta be expensive.

Have you applied the patch? This was a problem for me pre-patch as it seemed like every team fired their coach on a weekly basis, but hasn't been an issue post patch. Fwiw, I'm on the 360 and started a new career after the latest patch.

As far as drills go, I've just gone with drills I know I can beat and used my in-game XP to upgrade skills I can't improve through the drills where I suck.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 01-06-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #418
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sort of a silly question but one I'm hoping someone can help with me:

How do I advance past the end of the playoffs? I've simulated all of the rounds (my 76ers didn't make it into the playoffs) and now I seem to be stuck and unable to advance.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #419
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
the question was about how many shots I took despite not making any. I went with the arrogant answer, and my guy says something like "You think you can do this? Not one of you out there could make a free throw I bet. Maybe you should stop and think about how hard this is before you ask another question like that" I lol'd.

The arrogant answers are kind of awesome, I was just asked for the reason for my horrible shooting and responded with "Man, I think they did something to the rims to throw me off. It's probably some plot by the rest of the league to sabotage my numbers to keep them from feeling so bad about theirs."
Old 01-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #420
sooner333
College Starter

Ugh, I just got the RROD. Actually, I got it a few weeks ago but turning on and off the system made it work for another week or so of light gaming.

Now, I'm in a dillemma of which xbox to get. The only save I really care much about is the My Player, which isn't too deep in I guess. I just wish the S models worked with the old hard drives. I don't really want to spend $300, but 4 GB also seems like its a little inadequate (Even though I don't download anything other than things required to play the games).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #421
rjolley
College Starter

When I got a S model to replace my RROD'd 360, I used the transfer cable to transfer all of my saves over. Worked like a charm.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #422
Voo
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
Ugh, I just got the RROD. Actually, I got it a few weeks ago but turning on and off the system made it work for another week or so of light gaming.

Now, I'm in a dillemma of which xbox to get. The only save I really care much about is the My Player, which isn't too deep in I guess. I just wish the S models worked with the old hard drives. I don't really want to spend $300, but 4 GB also seems like its a little inadequate (Even though I don't download anything other than things required to play the games).

You can use the old hard drive in the new machine, you just need to do a little work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KeFPNcgx5g
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #423
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
When I got a S model to replace my RROD'd 360, I used the transfer cable to transfer all of my saves over. Worked like a charm.

How does the transfer cable work? Plug directly into the HD?

Also, Is the $300 model the way to go over the $200 model with only 4 GB of flash memory?

Last edited by sooner333 : 01-08-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #424
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Ohh i'll have to learn not to suck at that one. I found that once I dumped enough points into 3 point shooting I could get gold on the shooting drill by shooting only 3 point shots, which seems to always give me a point in 3 point shooting. i think I burned skill points to get to 80, and have gotten from 80->84 using drills.

I've actually never even completed any of the other drills except for the stealing one. I tried the dribble course a couple times and came very close to bronze but came up short.

The key to the dribble course is doing the ISO moves. With my athletic PG, I can by on the speed I'm given and doing 2 or 3 moves, but I could barely get Bronze with an All-Around PG. If you get all 4 ISO moves, it's an automatic Gold. It takes practice to do some of the moves, and I still have trouble doing the Half Spin and I've never been able to do the Behind The Back one (when I wanted to, I'm sure I've accidentally done it many times. ).

If you have a player with speed and quickness in the 70s, you'll probably have to get all 4 ISO moves to get Gold. Or bite the bullet, get Speed and Quickness to the high 80s and then try to have the Dribble Course take care of the rest for Speed.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #425
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Playing 3-season's worth of games maxes out MyPlayer, btw.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #426
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo View Post
You can use the old hard drive in the new machine, you just need to do a little work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KeFPNcgx5g

I really didn't have much problem doing this when I upgraded to the slim. Just pry open the old drive casing and jam it into the slim's slot (sounds dirty!). Doesn't void your warranty, for whatever it's worth, since you're doing absolutely nothing to your console. It does obviously negate the warranty on your old harddrive tho' (which isn't usually much of a concern when you reach this point).
Old 01-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #427
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
How does the transfer cable work? Plug directly into the HD?

Also, Is the $300 model the way to go over the $200 model with only 4 GB of flash memory?
Yep, basically plug one end into the 360, the other into the old harddrive, then do the transfer on the 360.

I got the 250G model since I got it before the 4G came out. If I would've waited, I probably would've still gotten the 250G model, but with Kinect.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #428
sooner333
College Starter

I ended up getting a used 360 for $120 and a 1 yr warranty for $20. Maybe a stupid idea but I figure it appears to be a refurbished model and I have a one year window in case of RROD. And it's a newer model that has HDMI.

Last edited by sooner333 : 01-08-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #429
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Can someone point me in the direction of some good sliders? I'm looking for something somewhat realistic. I'm thinking All-Star since it won't be as cheap as the highest but not as easy as something like Pro.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #430
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Can someone point me in the direction of some good sliders? I'm looking for something somewhat realistic. I'm thinking All-Star since it won't be as cheap as the highest but not as easy as something like Pro.

I like these RainMaker
The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) - Operation Sports Forums

They are pro settings however the games are very challenging. I am 5-5 right now with the Bulls.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #431
Ironhead
College Prospect

So irritated right now. I had my center up to a 91 overall and was having a ton of fun in online pickup games. Went play a game before I went to be last night and...freeze. I can no longer search for MyPlayer pickup games without my system completely freezing. Seems to be a bug that has happened to many people and there does not appear to be a fix.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #432
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Finally

It appears that the PC Patch is coming out this Friday. So to Neon_Chaos and anyone else who purchased the PC version, we can only hope the new patch works out well for us.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #433
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Oops, forgot to add the link:
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279178
Old 02-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #434
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
It appears that the PC Patch is coming out this Friday. So to Neon_Chaos and anyone else who purchased the PC version, we can only hope the new patch works out well for us.

YAY!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #435
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I've played a lot of 2K10 on the PC but held off on 2K11. Looks like the patch is out so I would be interested in what you guys think. Steam has it for $20 which I think is $10 cheaper than when it first came out. So I'm tempted but would still like to hear players' impressions post-patch.

Last edited by weegeebored : 02-11-2011 at 05:01 PM.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #436
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I've been playing a franchise in association on and off for awhile and enjoying it, but I started My Player mode the other night and have been addicted all week.

I made myself a 6'11'' center and focused on rebounding early to help meeting teammate goals and such. Ended up averaging 8 pts and 20 rebounds in the pre-draft games. Improved inside shooting and upped rebounding a little before the draft.

Projected to go 17 to the Bulls, but ended up going 15 to the Bucks. Team went 2-1 in the summer league games and I averaged 18 pts and 22 rebounds, leading all summer leaguers in rebounding.

Made the team. During game one, I was the 2nd man off the bench. Shooting is still erratic, but got to the line and ended up scoring 16 in just 18 minutes. Got 6 rebounds, but will need to improve that as they aren't nearly as easily as they were in the camps. Hoping to get traded from the Bucks as I end up playing out of position a lot because of Bogut.

Really enjoying this mode.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #437
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not a big basketball fan but I LOVE the my player mode. Have made a Shaq like center and was drafted by the Magic. I still suck at the game but I am averaging almost 10 rebounds a game off the bench. Stuck behind Howard but I like being on that team enough that I don't mind at the moment and I get my time split between center and power forward so when I am out there with him we dominate the boards.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #438
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Somehow my Bucks are 3-0. Michael Redd got injured in game 3, so my player ended up getting a little more time and had his best game so far, 15 pts 7 rebounds. My PER is over 32, top 5 in the league. Not bad for averaging just 17 minutes a game. Now, we haven't played anyone tough and 2 wins are by a single point. Let's see how we do against the Celtics.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #439
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

This game is getting the majority of my PS3 time lately.

Made a ton of signings and trades with my RL Celtics dynasty. Two years into the future and I managed to sign Nash to the MLE and draft a bunch of high potential big guys. Flipped a whole bunch of players and totally reshaped the team so my starting 5 looks like this:

PG - Toney Douglas (had to flip Rondo to pick up my SF)
SG - Wesley Johnson
SF - Perry Jones (came into the league as the #5 overall SF and was drafted by Phoenix - the only person they would accept for him was Rondo)
PF - Donartis Montijanus - (giant PF with decent speed and a great inside game - monster rebounder who can put up double-doubles when he gets the ball)
C - Henry "Beast" Best - He's a 7'2, 290+ pounder who's got a high-flyer symbol. He's not lightening fast, but he can actually dribble the ball and move with it and take it past guys. Hits basically EVERYTHING from anywhere within the vicinity of the paint and a little outside and has a nice assortment of hooks and little shots, rather than just all dunks. His NBA comparison was Bynum. Along with Donartis, who's like 7ft also, the two of them dominate the boards and the interior defense.

Bench:
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Ben Gordon (last year of his deal)
Beno Udrih
Bunch of crap min-sal guys

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 02-12-2011 at 08:08 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #440
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This game is getting the majority of my time as well. Evan Turner turns out to be a beast in this game. He's carrying my 76ers since Iggy is out for the year with a knee injury. Having fun writing a dynasty about my experiences.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #441
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This game is awesome...

That is all...

My Player is one of the greatest game modes ever. I am not a huge basketball fan (though I love march madness but not big NBA fan) but this game is dangerous (as the one more game syndrome takes up a lot of time as one more game is not a quick 15 minute game).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #442
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Is anyone playing who is not an NBA fan? I don't watch the NBA at all. Know who the stars are and can tell you their teams but that's about it. This game seems to be really popular here and other message boards but I wonder how much of a fan you have to be.

I am very much late to this party it seems. I am also definitely not an NBA or basketball fan. That said, I love this game. I have been playing the Association Mode with a friend of mine. The game has great game play and the trading, development and all seem quite solid. The draft was fun too.

It's really a great sports game.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #443
thesloppy
Pro Starter

NBA2K11 is great at producing realistic stats, for both human players and AI, within a full-length game. Something so often complained about, and so rarely done right.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #444
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Did anyone have luck with the PC patch?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #445
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

And in tragic news - when I was playing with my brother a couple weeks ago for a whole Sunday, I accidently saved over my future-Celtics team that I detailed above. So they're gone. *Tears*

Drafted a new team. With the #30 pick no less.

PG: Steph Curry
SG: Eric Gordon
SF: Thaddeus Young / Chris Douglas Roberts (he has not great stats but man can he score)
PF: Andrey Blatche
C: Serge Ibaka

Bench has Nick Young, CDR, Brandon Bass, Sundiata Gaines, Eddy Curry, and some no-namers.

Still in my first season with them.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #446
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
Did anyone have luck with the PC patch?

Yep. Patch came out last month.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #447
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

I just ordered this game from Ebay. How much of a step up is it from 2k10?
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #448
korme
Go Reds

I'm in my third season as MyPlayer Jackie Moon. SF, 6-8. Height really goes a long way, used to always be a PG. With a bigger guy, it's easier to raise your teammate grade because you can get tons of boards without your rebounding rating being high.

I'm 83 overall... first season I came off the bench for the Heat, the next season I signed with the Sixers, wanted to kind of have "my" team. Then I realized how crappy it is to not have good players around me, and in season 3 I signed with the Hawks, where I plan to stay. I really wish the offseason was a little better though, you basically get a choice of 4 teams to sign with. I kept re-loading a ton of times so I could have a better pick of the litter.

BTW, I'm avering 36 ppg, 18 rpg, and 9 apg. I'm basically the f'n man, and it's a ton of fun.

One nitpicky thing though, I'm a 90 with my on ball defense, and pretty much every small forward in the NBA lights me up night after night.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #449
Groundhog
Coordinator

Defense is easily the hardest part of My Player IMO. It's so tempting to come off your man to help or play too agressively on D, and you get burnt. Playing "smart" is much harder.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:51 AM   #450
korme
Go Reds

That's what it is. I break off my man a bit too early, often to help in the paint and to get a jump on the glass, and I'll see someone like Howard pass in the air to a wide open Rashard Lewis, who happens to love playing against me because he makes it rain.

Also, I have to cut down on turnovers. I average 6.7 TOPG, a lot of it has to do with poor selection by the AI if I am not using icon passing.

Other than that though, it's the best my-player mode of any sport I've played
korme is offline   Reply With Quote