Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2022, 12:16 PM   #4451
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Black female former convicted felon in Memphis v. Old white guy with some dead parents in PA

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:29 PM   #4452
RainMaker
General Manager

Stately sentenced to probation, fine for voter fraud in 2020 election | Public Safety | hometownsource.com
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #4453
RainMaker
General Manager

OK this one is kind of funny.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:40 PM   #4454
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

If only his name was Leroy Jenkins...
Old 02-03-2022, 05:32 PM   #4455
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Meanwhile...

'The Masked Singer' judges walked out after sweaty insurrectionist Rudy Giuliani was revealed
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:25 PM   #4456
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK this one is kind of funny.

Former West Virginia lawmaker Derrick Evans — who yelled “DERRICK EVANS IS IN THE CAPITOL” as he livestreamed himself storming the Capitol — has reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors. https://t.co/VXK2z0WN1I
— Ryan J. Reilly (@ryanjreilly) February 3, 2022

"They're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. "

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:46 PM   #4457
Flasch186
Coordinator

And Cawthorn just called Biden a despot. I’m living in bizarro world.

The projection is incredible. They put their crimes and desires right out in the open for all to see as mentioned above and the computer can’t handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:47 PM   #4458
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I am ashamed to admit that I wonder what Rudy's singing voice is like.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:07 PM   #4459
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, apparently the RNC has declared the Jan 6 attack "part of legitimate political discourse"

Legitimate of course, if you're a fascist.

edit: “We’ve had two members engage in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens who engaged in legitimate political discourse.” - Ronna McDaniel RNC Chairwoman

Last edited by SirFozzie : 02-04-2022 at 02:12 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:47 PM   #4460
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

So we were wrong. The GOP does stand for something.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:38 PM   #4461
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I can't wait for Trump's statement on Pence.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:49 PM   #4462
RainMaker
General Manager

I legit don't understand the position they are trying to make. That the Vice President can just declare who they want to be President? So Kamala Harris can just say "Joe wins!" no matter what in a couple years?
Old 02-04-2022, 05:53 PM   #4463
Ksyrup

I think the [literal] party line is that the VP just can't declare his own president, but he has the ability to reject electors attempting to send fraudulent/illegitimate state votes. Now, given that there was no proof of fraud in 2020, yes they are saying a VP can simply make this determination on his/her own. But their position is the fraud was clear and he had the right to reject those states' electors.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-04-2022 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:54 PM   #4464
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I legit don't understand the position they are trying to make. That the Vice President can just declare who they want to be President? So Kamala Harris can just say "Joe wins!" no matter what in a couple years?

That because they were told there was fraud, despite there being no actual evidence of fraud, that storming the capital was legitimate.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:59 PM   #4465
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
That because they were told there was fraud, despite there being no actual evidence of fraud, that storming the capital was legitimate.

That seems logically like it should lead to putting all of the blame on the person or people that incited them, but I have a feeling that's not where they're actually headed.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:12 PM   #4466
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Right. Basically, they're saying (as Trump is) that there STILL is fraud undiscovered and anything and everything to fix the so-called fraud is "legitimate"
Old 02-04-2022, 07:37 PM   #4467
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Their argument was that the VP could reject some of the states electors since some states sent multiple electors due to widespread voter fraud. This ignores that the additional electors were fraudulent, but they wanted to Pence to play dumb and basically throw his hands up and say I don't know what to do so the only choice per the constitution is to kick back to the House for vote. That's because they had the advantage in the house in terms of number of states represented. That's where Kamala doing the same falls apart. Dems don't hold the advantage in the House if it were to come to a state by state vote.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:11 PM   #4468
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Their argument was that the VP could reject some of the states electors since some states sent multiple electors due to widespread voter fraud. This ignores that the additional electors were fraudulent, but they wanted to Pence to play dumb and basically throw his hands up and say I don't know what to do so the only choice per the constitution is to kick back to the House for vote. That's because they had the advantage in the house in terms of number of states represented. That's where Kamala doing the same falls apart. Dems don't hold the advantage in the House if it were to come to a state by state vote.

I know it's just a fascist party at this point but do you just declare fraud like Michael Scott declares bankruptcy?
Old 02-04-2022, 09:28 PM   #4469
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I know it's just a fascist party at this point but do you just declare fraud like Michael Scott declares bankruptcy?

The scary thing is that they would have had 1 guaranteed vote on the Supreme Court in favor of it in Clarence Thomas. He's basically become a far right operative on the bench with his rulings and his wife's ties to Jan 6th, Q-Anon, ect.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:39 PM   #4470
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I think the [literal] party line is that the VP just can't declare his own president, but he has the ability to reject electors attempting to send fraudulent/illegitimate state votes. Now, given that there was no proof of fraud in 2020, yes they are saying a VP can simply make this determination on his/her own. But their position is the fraud was clear and he had the right to reject those states' electors.

This is the same group that said that the office of the president also had virtually unlimited power was legal to do whatever he wanted and there were no repercussions. So in that world, yes, the VP can reject, and the president will find a way, any way, to remain in power. That was the goal.

Like Steam?

Old 02-04-2022, 10:39 PM   #4471
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

It was Creed

Old 02-05-2022, 12:09 PM   #4472
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Pence said that Trump is a baaaaaaaaaaaad maaaaaaaan. I guess mother told him he could say that.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-05-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:11 PM   #4473
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I think the R's only had a 26-24 advantage in state delegations but presumably Liz Cheney, Wyoming's only vote, would not have joined them. Not sure what happens in a 25-25 tie and hopefully we never find out. Pelosi might have become President by default.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 01:19 PM   #4474
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Delta CEO wants U.S. to put convicted unruly passengers on 'no-fly' list | Reuters

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...port-rcna14855

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-05-2022 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:30 PM   #4475
BYU 14
Coordinator

This should be a no brainer and it sure would help curb some of this bullshit.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 03:11 PM   #4476
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
This should be a no brainer and it sure would help curb some of this bullshit.

I'd like to put some people on the No-Shop list.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:17 PM   #4477
molson
General Manager

I read these articles about unruly passengers - they're not just dangerous, they fuck up everybody's travel plans. But I can never find any after-the-fact reporting on how their cases were resolved. My hunch is there's really no significant punishment and that 6 months or a year later, it's kind of viewed as just someone having a bad day, most cases involve no injuries or anything, the defendant is just super sorry about it, etc. A no fly list makes perfect sense. But if one conviction lead to being put on the no-fly list, I'm sure we'd have a ton or plea bargains avoiding that result. Like people will plead to amended non-plane charges or demand trials that will require airline employees and passengers to take time off and be flown in from all over the country.

I flew in front of a real piece of shit a few weeks ago. He just swearing at and talking down to the woman he was sitting with, his wife I guess. The flight attendant had to tell him to put his mask back on at least 10 times. A few times she walked back there and just said, "is everything OK?", and the guy would be normal for a few seconds before yelling at his wife or complaining loudly about everything again.

Last edited by molson : 02-05-2022 at 10:17 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:00 PM   #4478
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I think the R's only had a 26-24 advantage in state delegations but presumably Liz Cheney, Wyoming's only vote, would not have joined them. Not sure what happens in a 25-25 tie and hopefully we never find out. Pelosi might have become President by default.

At that point, does it matter? You've conceded any semblance of being a democracy.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:02 PM   #4479
RainMaker
General Manager

From some searches, it appears some of these passengers have gotten jail time. Common thread seems to be they sexually assaulted a passenger or law enforcement. Trying to break into the cockpit seems like a big no-no too.

No-fly list makes some sense but I think due to the demographics of most of the people cited, that is unlikely to happen.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:04 PM   #4480
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker
At that point, does it matter? You've conceded any semblance of being a democracy.

Yep, this.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:07 PM   #4481
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'd like to see something that says if you're found responsible for a plane diversion and you're removed from the plane that you are financially liable for the cost of the diversion. So that means, fuel, passenger accommodations, lost income, crew costs, as well as the resulting delays from that diversion.

Like Steam?

Old 02-05-2022, 09:42 PM   #4482
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How about if everyone gets one free shot on the douchebag that caused the flight to be diverted?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:24 PM   #4483
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'd like to see something that says if you're found responsible for a plane diversion and you're removed from the plane that you are financially liable for the cost of the diversion. So that means, fuel, passenger accommodations, lost income, crew costs, as well as the resulting delays from that diversion.

I would like all pilots to get martial arts training and then they can take care of any unruly passengers "Road House" style
Old 02-05-2022, 11:03 PM   #4484
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I would like all pilots to get martial arts training and then they can take care of any unruly passengers "Road House" style

Old 02-05-2022, 11:04 PM   #4485
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

trying to imagine Pilotman roundhousing someone
Old 02-05-2022, 11:34 PM   #4486
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

I just want to imagine Pilotman telling his flight attendants "I want you to be nice... until it's time, not to be nice"
Old 02-06-2022, 01:47 AM   #4487
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Not that difficult honestly.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:26 PM   #4488
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Not that difficult honestly.

PM seems like a peaceful type tho. Like the Pilot version of Snow White.
Old 02-06-2022, 05:11 PM   #4489
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

This conversation escalated quickly.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:23 PM   #4490
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
PM seems like a peaceful type tho. Like the Pilot version of Snow White.

If Snow White was competitive, horny, and capable of beating the shit out of anyone that called her Pops.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:32 PM   #4491
PilotMan
Head Coach

Almost feels like that should be a signature.

Like Steam?

Old 02-08-2022, 02:04 PM   #4492
Ksyrup

Add Mitch to the growing list of RINOs!
Old 02-08-2022, 02:32 PM   #4493
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Have any republicans actually publicly endorsed the statement the RNC made?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 02:40 PM   #4494
Ksyrup

It's the craziest thing. It's almost as if the party has a split personality. Like voting against Biden's stimulus plans and then going home and touting all of the money "they" got for their state.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:04 PM   #4495
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Almost feels like that should be a signature.

Stated with all due respect.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:32 PM   #4496
BYU 14
Coordinator

And here we go with this guy. Can you imagine the empowerment racists will have if he ever becomes President?

Sure, no apology needed for comparing black people to apes.

Ron DeSantis: Joe Rogan 'Shouldn't Have Apologized' For Slurs
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:38 PM   #4497
Ksyrup

The "opposing viewpoints - just let people decide" thing is so disingenuous. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I long for the days when Jerry Springer would let these people make idiots of themselves on his show, and then he'd shit on them further with his little monologue at the end of every episode. Now, we've got politicians suggesting the new breed of Springer-like entertainers ought to be having "legitimate discourse" with these people.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:54 PM   #4498
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
And here we go with this guy. Can you imagine the empowerment racists will have if he ever becomes President?

Sure, no apology needed for comparing black people to apes.

Ron DeSantis: Joe Rogan 'Shouldn't Have Apologized' For Slurs

They were defending literal Nazis last week. Not surprising.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:31 PM   #4499
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Stated with all due respect.

Yes, same, PM has a general competence that I feel could be easily channeled into the directed violence of roundhouse kicking if necessary.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:40 PM   #4500
RainMaker
General Manager

I saw the movie Non-Stop the other night and you're making me think he's some kind of Liam Neeson character.