Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #4451
Spider-Man
n00b

The only danger to all of this is if we fail to kill Vision with our attacks. Then he would be the lone prelate and if he's bad, we lose the game.

(Of course if MrF is bad, we lose the game with this strategy too, but I feel pretty good about him right now.)
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #4452
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

So if you all wanted to remove Magneto as a prelate, that means the current three prelates don't take part in that vote. So that leaves 5 people..

Hoopsguy to oust a prelate today, does that mean only 3 of the non-prelates have to vote to oust a prelate? since 3 -2 would be majority vote?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #4453
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
The only danger to all of this is if we fail to kill Vision with our attacks. Then he would be the lone prelate and if he's bad, we lose the game.

(Of course if MrF is bad, we lose the game with this strategy too, but I feel pretty good about him right now.)

If we go this route, I have a device that I could probably use to ensure Vision's lynch. It is something that I haven't seen a need to bring out before now. I am not that worried about Vision being lynched as I am about us losing the game because of something unforseen.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #4454
Punisher
High School JV

I think with Spiderman and Ghost Rider, we have the votes.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #4455
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
If we go this route, I have a device that I could probably use to ensure Vision's lynch. It is something that I haven't seen a need to bring out before now. I am not that worried about Vision being lynched as I am about us losing the game because of something unforseen.

Good to hear.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #4456
Punisher
High School JV

It will be interesting to see how Scarlet reacts to the vote.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #4457
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
A prelate can order someone to guard a non-prelate, but then I can't have myself guarded. For obvious reasons that would be even worse for us, so that is why I can't put any protection on Spiderman.

If Vision or Magneto wanted to do so, they could order someone to guard spiderman tonight

If the assembled masses here belive that Spider-Man genuinely has a seer-like ability, I will take one for the team and use my guard order to protect him.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #4458
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
It will be interesting to see how Scarlet reacts to the vote.

I bet she doesn't do it. I think she was using Magneto as a concern just as an excuse to try to keep people from attacking Vision today. Now that a new solution around that has presented itself, she probably will try to find a different excuse.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #4459
Punisher
High School JV

Agreed.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #4460
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
If the assembled masses here belive that Spider-Man genuinely has a seer-like ability, I will take one for the team and use my guard order to protect him.

I am not overly convinced personally. He came out with Cable this morning after Cable had disappeared and after most of us had listed Cable as our likely target for today anyways. Right now though, I am more trying to make sure we hedge our bets vs any possible bad outcome rather than go with implicit trust of Spiderman. Like I said, if I give up my guard tonight, I may or may not have something else in my arsenal to keep them from killing me if they try.. who knows!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #4461
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Does my removal as a prelate also remove me from the game?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #4462
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I like the idea of taking the game into our own hands and trying to win it rather than sitting back and hoping for a win (particularly as rogue players continue to shoot us in the foot). You have my vote Punisher. Are we making Punisher a new prelate or just (finally) trying to root out the evil one and taking away that win condition?

vote to remove Magneto as a prelate
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #4463
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
I don't believe so, I believe it makes you one of the boys.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #4464
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

No, just strips you as a prelate.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #4465
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

No, title change only.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #4466
Punisher
High School JV

Ghost, it's just a removal. At this point, no prelates can be appointed.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #4467
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I like the idea of taking the game into our own hands and trying to win it rather than sitting back and hoping for a win (particularly as rogue players continue to shoot us in the foot). You have my vote Punisher. Are we making Punisher a new prelate or just (finally) trying to root out the evil one and taking away that win condition?

vote to remove Magneto as a prelate

No one else can be made a prelate once Doom is dead, so it wouldn't be making Punisher a prelate. It would just be forcing the rebels to not be able to complete this win condition. It would then force their only way to win to be eliminate all of the rest of us.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #4468
Punisher
High School JV

Things must be getting interesting. Lots of dead people keep popping in. Just like my dreams.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #4469
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Not sure you can be guarded, since you're not a prelate.

Since Nick died, are you and Cable still in a team? That is likely to our benefit if you are.

Mods, can I get an answer on that?

Guards can be ordered by the Prelates on anyone, not just on Prelates.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #4470
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Ghost, it's just a removal. At this point, no prelates can be appointed.

Ahh, well, I would've supported you. But I like removing that win condition from their attempts, that could buy us time if needed. Although, it looks like Cable is a rebel and then likely Vision (although I guess Magneto could be) so that's good to get both out of the prelate spot.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #4471
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I am not overly convinced personally. He came out with Cable this morning after Cable had disappeared and after most of us had listed Cable as our likely target for today anyways. Right now though, I am more trying to make sure we hedge our bets vs any possible bad outcome rather than go with implicit trust of Spiderman. Like I said, if I give up my guard tonight, I may or may not have something else in my arsenal to keep them from killing me if they try.. who knows!

I think that most folks have concluded that you are good. I think folks are split on me and leaning against. The rebels may not choose to take me out if left unguarded, seeing how I am already one of the top candidates for lynching. Assuming you are good, they would definitely take you out. If we use a guard order to protect Spider-Man, it should be mine.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #4472
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

MAGNETO! Before you leave as a prelate, order Punisher to guard Spiderman!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #4473
Punisher
High School JV

I wouldn't have minded Mimic or myself being named Prelate when Doom was still around, but that bomb has exploded.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #4474
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

ARGH, Magneto is in my head!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #4475
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

That said, I suppose folks would be worried that I could fake the order. Nothing is easy in this game.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #4476
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I think that most folks have concluded that you are good. I think folks are split on me and leaning against. The rebels may not choose to take me out if left unguarded, seeing how I am already one of the top candidates for lynching. Assuming you are good, they would definitely take you out. If we use a guard order to protect Spider-Man, it should be mine.

I am not sure if an ousted prelate's guard order still survives even if made before being ousted.. Hoopsguy any clarification on that?

We might end up having to choose between either myself or spiderman be guarded. Like I said, I have some tricks up my sleeve, so might be best to be Spiderman at that point. I can always change my guard order later.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #4477
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Of course, I mean that as a joke, he's not actually possessing me (have to be careful this game!).
Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #4478
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Punisher could opt out of guarding. Wouldn't we want me to appoint someone that could not opt out? Who are those people?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #4479
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:

I suppose that's the prudent course of action. It is however, frustrating to me because I know I'm no rebel and that I am telling the truth.

I think the removal of the prelates is a good thing, but I do want to live another night to try to catch someone else.

Of course, I will likely be dead soon enough, because if we remove the prelates, no one will be able to guard anyone.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #4480
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Punisher could opt out of guarding. Wouldn't we want me to appoint someone that could not opt out? Who are those people?

I believe the only people who can guard today are:

Ghostrider - Currently guarding me
Spiderman - who we don't want to guard anyone
Vision - Who we are likely lynching
Magneto -

Everyone else guarded someone yesterday.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #4481
Spider-Man
n00b

Hoops - if Magneto orders someone to protect me and is then ousted as prelate, will the guard order stick?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #4482
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I can guard (currently guarding Fantastic), Scarlet Witch can guard, Magneto can guard, and Fantastic can guard.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #4483
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Do we have verification that Cable's use of a power prevents him from being lynched?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #4484
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Do we have verification that Cable's use of a power prevents him from being lynched?
We don't.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #4485
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
I believe the only people who can guard today are:

Ghostrider - Currently guarding me
Spiderman - who we don't want to guard anyone
Vision - Who we are likely lynching
Magneto -

Everyone else guarded someone yesterday.

But those people can still guard if we trust them enough to believe they won't secretly refuse the order.

I think everyone knows this, but just to clarify...
Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #4486
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I suppose that's the prudent course of action. It is however, frustrating to me because I know I'm no rebel and that I am telling the truth.

I think the removal of the prelates is a good thing, but I do want to live another night to try to catch someone else.

Of course, I will likely be dead soon enough, because if we remove the prelates, no one will be able to guard anyone.

Well if you are indeed good, and Vision is lynched today, and you know I am good and you know Cable is bad. That leaves you a 1 in 4 chance of picking the right person tonight. Like I say I might have a trick to stay alive tonight, something the bad guys will have to consider and weigh appropriately.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #4487
Punisher
High School JV

Spidey, I'm not sure you should be all that concerned about Mags having a guard for you. I presume that Fantastic will send the guard your way.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #4488
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I can guard (currently guarding Fantastic), Scarlet Witch can guard, Magneto can guard, and Fantastic can guard.

I can not guard. the 1st prelate is now allowed to guard according to the rules.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #4489
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I trust Punisher enough that he wouldn't reneg on guarding again.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #4490
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
I trust Punisher enough that he wouldn't reneg on guarding again.
I won't. I love setting antipersonnel mines, anyway.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #4491
Punisher
High School JV

That is, I would relish the opportunity to guard.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #4492
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Things must be getting interesting. Lots of dead people keep popping in. Just like my dreams.

BOO!
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #4493
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Spidey, I'm not sure you should be all that concerned about Mags having a guard for you. I presume that Fantastic will send the guard your way.

That is correct, if there are no other prelates, then my safety does not directly prevent the rebels from gaining a victory condition, so I would send Ghost Rider to guard Spidey instead of me.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #4494
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:

But if we can get Mags to send a guard to Mr F and Mr F to send the guard to me, then we can both be safe and possibly still get rid of the prelates Vision (by attack) and Magneto (by ouster).

That could be the best of all worlds.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #4495
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
But if we can get Mags to send a guard to Mr F and Mr F to send the guard to me, then we can both be safe and possibly still get rid of the prelates Vision (by attack) and Magneto (by ouster).

Don't overly worry about me. I have a way to stay safe without a guard for tonight if I need to. If we go this path, you'll see it at the same time I make my attack later today.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #4496
Punisher
High School JV

Agreed...Spidey, let's see that vote.

(I do have to go get lunch after all.)
Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #4497
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

ORDER PUNISHER TO GUARD SPIDER-MAN
Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #4498
Punisher
High School JV

As expected, Scarlet came and went without comment. I think the jig is up.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #4499
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
ORDER PUNISHER TO GUARD SPIDER-MAN
That'll work.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #4500
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:

The more I think about this the better I like it. If Magneto's guard order will hold up after he's removed as prelate, then he should send someone to guard Mr F. Mr F can send someone to guard for me.

I trust Mr F and would like to have him alive tomorrow (and still as prelate, so that he can order someone to guard me for another night). That way, I can be assured to get 2 scans in.