Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #4501
Punisher
High School JV

Unless it's a bluff order.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #4502
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Or should I order him to guard Mr. F? I'll go either way.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #4503
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
As expected, Scarlet came and went without comment. I think the jig is up.

Yeah, I figured I already beat that dead horse enough this morning so didn't really comment further. I think lynching vision is a given now in my mind.

Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #4504
Punisher
High School JV

Send me to Mr. F, Mags.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #4505
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I'll go either way.

Hehehe
Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #4506
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

RE: Posts 4456 and 4458 (i'm too laged to bother hitting quote and going to another page, and this is as far as I have read):

I'm definitely against a solution that changes the Prelates around. The way Mr. Fantastic keeps putting in terms of if "we" want to do it worries me -- I realize that he doesn't get a vote, but the fact that he's putting it in those terms worries me. I know Mr. F has been cleared, but I don't see why he couldn't have been converted. If people think the Vision is a bad guy, I'd rather just attack him WITHOUT removing Magneto, since having 2 Prelates means BOTH would have to be rebels. I think this gives us cover in more scenarios.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #4507
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Should wait to see what Hoopsguy says if it will last after being ousted anyways. If it doesn't, then it doesn't really matter what Magneto orders. He should just order protection for Spiderman, since I am not getting rid of my guard unless I know the rebels don't have a way to win via the prelate option.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #4508
Spider-Man
n00b

I'm gonna hold off on my order to remove Magneto as prelate for just a little while so that we can get clarification on if his order will hold up (and we decide where his order should go).
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #4509
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

[ooc] I have to head home to let the DirecTV guy in to install the HD dish and HD DVR at about 3 PM EDT. And I have a child that is under the weather a bit. So don't be too surprised when I bug out at that time. I'll vote before then and I hope to get on before the deadline.[\ooc]
Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #4510
Punisher
High School JV

That'll work. I'm off to eat some cafeteria food.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #4511
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
I'd rather just attack him WITHOUT removing Magneto, since having 2 Prelates means BOTH would have to be rebels. I think this gives us cover in more scenarios.

If 2 prelates were rebels, wouldn't the game be over already?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #4512
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Never mind Scarlet, she's just wigging out.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #4513
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

Yes
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #4514
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Never mind Scarlet, she's just wigging out.
(No offense intended to the player behind the name of Scarlet Witch)
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #4515
Spider-Man
n00b

I'm about to have to run some errands, and will be off-line for 1-2 hours. I'll be back and will be voting to remove Magneto as prelate then (I want the open questions answered first).

But I'm totally on board with the plan we've been talking about.
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #4516
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

RE: Post 4498 -- So my NOT saying something has meaning now? Geez.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #4517
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Hoops -- Is removal as a Prelate immediate or is it an end of the day thing, done at the same time as the lynching?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #4518
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

We should have realized that wasn't going to work. The "mind" of the robot is intruiging.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #4519
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

RE: Post 4511. That's right. So since that can't be the case, we're definitely better off with two Prelates than one. Kill the Vision, fine. But removing Magneto and leaving Mr. Fantastic as the lone Prelate is a horrible, horrible idea.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #4520
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Just caught up, and shit's about to get interesting. Shadow King, please keep our posts-per-page to 5 if you don't mind, since it's the only way I can get the pages to load.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #4521
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I would tend to agree, leaving one uncleared Prelate as the last one is beyond foolish.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #4522
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

See? Even the Shadow King agrees with me? Hmm, wait, you guys will probably think that's a BAD thing!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #4523
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I've got to be honest...yeah, I think anything the Shadow King says is probably a bad thing. We are talking about the same person who tried to off Jean Grey, yes? This just makes me feel like I'm more in the right.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #4524
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I would tend to agree, leaving one uncleared Prelate as the last one is beyond foolish.

I don't think anyone is arguing to leave Vision or Magneto as the last prelate. In fact, I feel the reason this whole idea got legs was because of your attempting to protect Vision in the first place.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #4525
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

You realize I have no connection with these rebels? There's no reason to trust me, but the more you distrust, the more I will be less than opposed to hearing them out should they contact me.

I believed Jean Grey was a rebel. I also needed her dead. I used Fury to attack her. I did not kill her. Any more questions?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #4526
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I've got a question. I thought you said that killing Jean Grey was part of your win condition. What's up with now saying you thought she was a rebel?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #4527
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I've got a question. I thought you said that killing Jean Grey was part of your win condition. What's up with now saying you thought she was a rebel?

SW, the real SW, nice catch! I was going to ask why kill Jean Grey if you thought she was a rebel since they don't matter to you. But I like your way better. SW, is there any way that we can help rid you of the 'intruder' OTHER than lynch (which doesn't really help)?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #4528
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

I've said that every time I've been confronted about it. Allow me to find evidence.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #4529
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Yeah, I ordered the attack on Jean Grey. I didn't think it would get connected to me. I still don't think she's any good. Kill me if you want, but I don't trust her.

Here is one example. I believe I told you this as well, Witch. I never trusted her, and I needed her dead. It's a shame she wasn't a rebel.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #4530
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

This is like a WW version of Donnie Darko. Which one of you two is the giant white rabbit?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #4531
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

This is all rather irrelevant though. You'd do best focusing on who the remaining rebels are, I pose no threat.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #4532
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

In fact, I pose much more of a danger to them. I can clear villagers whom I possess, such as the Witch, and I can out rebels whom I possess. You may want to have someone guard the Witch, as I wouldn't be surprised if the rebels came after her with the knowledge that I'm inside.

I care little, as I can move on if she is dead, but I do enjoy conversing with her.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:45 AM   #4533
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

That's what we're doing. I think people have it in their heads that the Vision is a rebel based on his comments and mine. I hope that at this point people realize that I was telling the truth, and wasn't trying to protect him. Maybe that will help us look at this current plan with a bit more thought.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #4534
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Aw, thanks. Still, I don't think we're in any position to take your word for it about me being a loyalist, or about anyone in the future you possess being a rebel.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #4535
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
That's what we're doing. I think people have it in their heads that the Vision is a rebel based on his comments and mine. I hope that at this point people realize that I was telling the truth, and wasn't trying to protect him. Maybe that will help us look at this current plan with a bit more thought.

As amusing as this conversation is to read, it isn't really that convincing. There still were holes in the story given, and the parts where there aren't holes feel rather farfetched.

Supposedly posessed you when Nick Fury had said no one was posessed that day.
One person posessed as a day action, another posessed as a night action?
Supposedly after never having been fought off, was only fought off in these cases?
Vision some how fought it off possibly meaning he is a rebel anyways and can't be posessed as someone mentioned.

This interplay between yourself and the Shadowking also feels forced to me. Maybe I just don't understand great screenplay when I read it though.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #4536
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I'll be honest, I'm really worried about the Punisher having converted Mr. Fantastic. To come out with a move involving getting rid of two of the three Prelates seems like it could be a bold endgame move for them. Granted, I was lagged and way behind and trying to get caught up, so if there's something I missed in the reading of it, please let me know.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #4537
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
As amusing as this conversation is to read, it isn't really that convincing. There still were holes in the story given, and the parts where there aren't holes feel rather farfetched.

Supposedly posessed you when Nick Fury had said no one was posessed that day.
One person posessed as a day action, another posessed as a night action?
Supposedly after never having been fought off, was only fought off in these cases?
Vision some how fought it off possibly meaning he is a rebel anyways and can't be posessed as someone mentioned.

This interplay between yourself and the Shadowking also feels forced to me. Maybe I just don't understand great screenplay when I read it though.

Fury used his device before I had a chance to leave the Astral Plane. He used it quite early in the morning, if I recall. That's why he didn't find me, and why the Witch and I decided I wouldn't speak to you all yesterday, since it would've merely confused matters.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM   #4538
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Both possessions were day actions. One was made at 11:44 AM Friday, and the other was an order placed yesterday, to be executed first thing in the morning.

And yes, the Shadow King was only fought off in these cases. Do you think I'm pretending to be two people at once here? If not, then you must believe that he can be partially fought off. If you believe he can be partially fought off, I don't see why you wouldn't believe he can be fully fought off -- partially fought off seems like the harder thing to believe.

It was pretty clear that the Vision could not be possessed because he was an android, and the Shadow King could not understand how his mind worked.

Just saw the last sentence -- does that mean you really do think I'm pretending to be myself and the Shadow King? You give me too much credit...though maybe I should take it in this case, cuz if I were doing that, I'd be damn proud of myself!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #4539
Punisher
High School JV

I converted Fantastic? I'm sure you haven't read by day-by-day account...because there's hardly room for something like that.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #4540
Punisher
High School JV

Of course, if I were acting like that Olsen kid on Full House, I may not have time to read up on everyone else.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #4541
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I'll be honest, I'm really worried about the Punisher having converted Mr. Fantastic. To come out with a move involving getting rid of two of the three Prelates seems like it could be a bold endgame move for them. Granted, I was lagged and way behind and trying to get caught up, so if there's something I missed in the reading of it, please let me know.

Of course, when all else fails the most trusted player must have been converted

The issue here is, there really is no other way to keep Spiderman and the prelates all safe unless we don't lynch Vision.. which I bet you would love huh?

Even if Magneto is not ousted, he would have to choose between guarding Spiderman and himself. Thus we either lose our ability to track someone, or Magneto dies anyways. If I am bad, then it really wouldn't matter which way that occured. Or they could just leave him alone all together and go after someone else, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't be taking the same risk as if he was ousted.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #4542
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Probably not, Punisher. That was last night, right? I must admit I skipped it, since I wasn't as worried about people's energy as other people were.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #4543
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Mr. F -- I'm pretty sure I've said more than once today that I'm fine with killing the Vision. All I did was to say he wasn't lying.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #4544
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Both possessions were day actions. One was made at 11:44 AM Friday, and the other was an order placed yesterday, to be executed first thing in the morning.

And yes, the Shadow King was only fought off in these cases. Do you think I'm pretending to be two people at once here? If not, then you must believe that he can be partially fought off. If you believe he can be partially fought off, I don't see why you wouldn't believe he can be fully fought off -- partially fought off seems like the harder thing to believe.

It was pretty clear that the Vision could not be possessed because he was an android, and the Shadow King could not understand how his mind worked.

Just saw the last sentence -- does that mean you really do think I'm pretending to be myself and the Shadow King? You give me too much credit...though maybe I should take it in this case, cuz if I were doing that, I'd be damn proud of myself!

Yeah, I am actually not convinced that you aren't playing as yourself. Explain what your motivation is to protect Vision this morning in the scenerio you laid out. If Vision really was a normal person whom the shadow king can't manipulate, why would he want to protect him? Because the shadow king is on our side? I don't believe that further then I could throw the Thing.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #4545
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Whoops, didn't mean to hit post, since I wasn't done.

Do you still think he's lying? Or is it just that one of the Prelates has to die? If so, why him and not Magneto?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #4546
Punisher
High School JV

If you're fine with Vision being lynched...oh, never mind.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #4547
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Who said I was protecting Vision? The Witch and I thought Vision might be a rebel, so I tried to possess him and find out. Clearly, I failed.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #4548
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Whoops, didn't mean to hit post, since I wasn't done.

Do you still think he's lying? Or is it just that one of the Prelates has to die? If so, why him and not Magneto?

I don't know who you are asking this question of. Is it me? if so, who is he? Vision?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #4549
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

If Vision really was a normal person whom the shadow king can't manipulate, why would he want to protect him?

Are you asking why the Shadow King would want to protect the Vision? I don't think he did try to protect him. Or are you asking why I want to protect him? All I did was let you know he was telling the truth. I said it was far-fetched, but I think it's been about as proven as it can be. The fact that you refuse to believe me leads me to think you have something you want to get out of this.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #4550
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Who said I was protecting Vision? The Witch and I thought Vision might be a rebel, so I tried to possess him and find out. Clearly, I failed.

Why haven't you tried to posess multiple people at once prior to now? You could have taken over the game by now if you had posessed a new person every day. Why don't you have like 8 or 9 people posessed all working for you now?