Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #4551
Danny
Head Coach

He is sleeping right now, but I will get him when I can.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #4552
Danny
Head Coach

Had a really bad week dueling previous to the last 24 hours with no XP and three losses to LT, but in the last 24 hours I have gone 8-0 for 1031 XP.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #4553
hoopsguy
General Manager

EvilFatum looks like he finally left. Anyone KO him or did he finally decide to squat on another town?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #4554
DataKing
Pro Rookie

He caught me with my trapping gear last night and gave me a beat-down. I'd defeated him three straight times before that, so I'm thinking maybe he left now that he's gotten some measure of revenge.

But with a profile that says nothing but "Kill All," we're not exactly talking about a MENSA candidate here anyways, so who knows.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #4555
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dinged Level 50 this morning. I'm deliberating on what items to pick up next. Going from memory, silver mining is supposed to be a really good money generating activity?

If this is the case, I probably pick up the cheapest item to help me get the extra 5 points I need for Silver and then start using that money to pay for better dueling gear.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #4556
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

The money from Charlatan is better than silver mining. Although the silver mining is pretty good too. Also, a few quests such as Kate's Wedding Band require silver bars and/or mining hours.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #4557
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Now that EvilFatum left, I just got hit twice by Drifter from Cats Paw who is now camping in our town. He ko'd me so now he can't farm me for two days.

I may have to just drop out of being a town member until I finish these quests and then jump back in after redoing some points.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #4558
Danny
Head Coach

Evilfatum left because he dueled DanKD and got knocked out lol.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #4559
ozias
High School JV

Can I get an invite to El Dolado?

Crazyboy Joe
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #4560
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozias View Post
Can I get an invite to El Dolado?

Crazyboy Joe

Sent
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #4561
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Evilfatum left because he dueled DanKD and got knocked out lol.

Three cheers!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #4562
DataKing
Pro Rookie

According to -Drifter-'s profile, he's camping El Dolado because someone's done the same to him. Does someone need to fess up?
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 12-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #4563
hoopsguy
General Manager

I sent him a telegram asking that question, but have not gotten a reply.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #4564
Danny
Head Coach

Looking at my reports I attacked him once in the previous 18 days, and I don't think at all before that.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #4565
DataKing
Pro Rookie

OK the issue with -Drifter- has been resolved. I would suggest that my fellow duelers out there refrain from farming/camping opponents. That's what started this, and it's the sort of thing that breeds ill feelings.

-Drifter- seems a reasonable fellow, though. He has even suggested a Non-Aggression Pact between El Dolado and Cats Paw at the minimum. Thoughts?
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 12-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #4566
Danny
Head Coach

Not interested in non aggressive pacts with people honestly. There already is a limited number of people I can duel and that town at least has a couple. I try to spread out who I duel as much as possible, but it is tough and limiting who I can duel doesn't help.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #4567
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
According to -Drifter-'s profile, he's camping El Dolado because someone's done the same to him. Does someone need to fess up?

About a month or two ago, I went through their sister town Kittens paw or something like that and attacked about 3 different people exactly once in one day. I don't remember the specifics, but I'm sure I only hit people with a very wide level to duler level gap. Then moved on to another job. They sent about 4 people to attack me, which ko'd me. I have not been through their towns since. I'm pretty sure that is not camping and they pretty much retaliated.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 12-06-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #4568
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've hit different folks in their town over the last month, but not in any kind of volume and definitely not camping.

Anyway, DK and I both talked with -Drifter- and we don't have to worry about him/them for the time being.

But if someone could get the license on that Mack truck Krompierre, who KO'd me with just four swings of his mammoth axe ... no idea how you beat him, Gramm.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #4569
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

But if someone could get the license on that Mack truck Krompierre, who KO'd me with just four swings of his mammoth axe ... no idea how you beat him, Gramm.

No clue, but it was total luck. I hope he does not come after me again.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #4570
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, within 20 minutes of coming out of ko status, krompierre did in fact hit me. He ko'd me pretty easy and got himself a whopping 44 exp.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #4571
Danny
Head Coach

Based on what drifter reported to Hoops (that I double dueled him) I am guessing he is actually multi accounting with Dusty the cat. The one time I dueled Drifter, I tried to follow with Dusty and he was safely in hotel. Still, I only actually had one duel attempt on each character and his complaint was not valid.

Now Krompierre on the other hand, I have dueled a lot with over the months. He beats me a good amount of the time, and I try and make sure not to knock him out, but if this ends up a continued problem I will talk with him and try and agree to something. He never has had issue before because he would win at least half the time and get a lot of free XP, but I have been beating him with higher frequency recently.

Last edited by Danny : 12-06-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #4572
hoopsguy
General Manager

At this point I don't have any beef with Krompierre - it was the first time I've ever had him attack me. I'm not wild about getting run over by guys 20+ dueling levels higher than me, but I do it from time to time when I'm trying to chain hits together in the same town or nearby towns.

I did see that he was doing Evangelizing near our town today, so it did look like he was looking to stay for awhile on this visit.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #4573
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Wow, grave robbing is pretty tough. I just got the ability to do it and on my first attempt I got the walking stick and the ring. The ring is no biggie, but the walking stick (Gentleman's set) is huge.

As for krompierre, not sure what to say at this point.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #4574
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

By the way, if you are about to level, your better off finishing the quest that makes you level with as close to zero energy as possible. When you level you get your health and energy maxed out.

I think this is a new add with the latest version update.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #4575
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apparently Dick Van Dangle has a brother named Rick, since that's among the laundry list who've used me for target practice in the past few days.

Does anyone even bother to try to hide their multis at this point?

Between the combat focus & the multis, I lost interest a good ways back. Now it's to the point that I don't know how much longer I'll be logging in every few days just to keep the character from being deleted.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #4576
hoopsguy
General Manager

Rick = Dick with a rename. A couple of the players who had inappropriate names have been recast.

Petergoesintight is in the same boat, just to pick another guy.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #4577
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, I thought it was Petergoesinthenight and just assumed he had a bed wetting problem.

Last edited by Danny : 12-06-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #4578
hoopsguy
General Manager

Can I get town invites to each of the FOFC towns? Just finished up a short shopping trip.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #4579
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Ko'd again by Krompierre. Looks like this is going to be a 48 hour routine.

The funny thing is I hit him 6 out of 6 times and he hit me 5 out of 7 times when I ko'd. I was actually up on points when he hit me on his 7th attempt.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:45 AM   #4580
Danny
Head Coach

Honestly, I may just be worn down from finishing all my work, but I am ready to stop playing this game. I have to force myself to log in and the only reason I do is for dueling rank, but I hit the top 15 and don't really have the energy to try and maintain that.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #4581
hoopsguy
General Manager

Crap, so here is what I've done over the last four days:
1. Leave to go on shopping trip, 16 hours to join a new town
2. Join one of La Vie towns to pick up new gun, add another item as added bonus
3. Forgot to leave $100 behind (good etiquette on invite)
4. Send message telling them to re-invite and I'll square up $100
5. Wait 18 hours to re-join LaVie town
6. Pay $100
7. Leave, wait 20 hours to re-join FOFC town
8. Immediately after joining go shoot up someone for first time since Saturday
9. Win, get a KO (new gun working well!), and contemplate taking out a 2nd person in town or potential targets in nearby towns
10. Realize that I did not deposit cash in bank back in Troutville, and that I'm carry $1500 on my person
11. Limp back home, hoping no one shoots me up in the next hour.

Sigh - attention to detail has not been my strong suit of late, it appears.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #4582
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looks like El Dolado has three visitors from Hick Village right now ... are they looking to start another round with us? Kind of looks that way from where I'm sitting.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #4583
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I got hit by chester then peter within two minutes of each other. Of course I get ko'd and of course they find me when I am in poor dueling gear.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #4584
hoopsguy
General Manager

Qewad is now there, so four Hicks. I think their message is pretty clear. Real question is if we are going to respond or just take it until they go away.

I'm about 2.5 hours away from being able to duel and I'm happy to start taking some shots at the Hicks if we still have enough people playing who are interested in doing this. But I know we have a lot less participation now than we did last time we got in a shoot-up with their town.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #4585
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Iberius from BAD-COMPANY is in Troutville. I am actually in BAD-COMPANY and am about to engage him in a duel in 10 minutes. Not sure if he is coming after anyone in Troutville or not. Just thought I'd throw it out there though.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #4586
hoopsguy
General Manager

I probably brought him on us, although I doubt that is all that scary. I was looking to get KO'd yesterday morning after a long, long run of duels that left me a long way from home on a day where I wasn't going to have computer access. So he was one of two people that I queued up to duel, only he snuck into his hotel before I could run out the battle. I ended up beating the other guy from his town as well, so I was stuck in BAD-COMPANY for 8+ hours watching my health/energy tick back up to mid-points instead of coming home fully recovered on both and 8 hours into my 48 hour break.

So I took on a couple of more duels, got KO'd, then saw Iberius hanging out in Troutville an hour later. I'm assuming he wanted to take the action to me.

Gramm, sorry if I hit up one of your alts yesterday; had no idea. But if Iberius sticks around I'm probably going to put a couple of hits on him over the next week.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #4587
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I was just poking around and happened to be up by Bad Company and noticed he was in Troutville. As it turns out I lost the duel by a few points to him and then lost again to his town mate Deker. Not a good day for me, oh well.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #4588
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, Deker is the other one that I hit. Sounds like you were running poorly to lose to both of those guys, as Deker was a bullet magnet in my duel with him.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #4589
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Granted I have spent points over the past 3 levels on quest related skills at the expense of dueling skills. But I am still many levels higher than those guys. I didn't hit Deker a single time, but he hit me 4 times for 452 points. It just doesnt feel right. I have 93 points in aim and 83 in dodge. He can't have a point differential much better than that at level 54. Maybe it was just bad luck.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #4590
hoopsguy
General Manager

What was your Appearance when you initiated the duel? I pay a lot of attention to that after seeing some poor results hitting in earlier duels where I relied pretty much exclusively on Aim + Shooting.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #4591
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looking at the gear you are wearing right this moment, it looks like you are more ready to defend (Tactics) than attack (Appearance).

The +41 Tactics across your items makes it much tougher for people attacking you, but doesn't do you any favors as the aggressor.

I would bust out one of the shawls that give +13 Appearance and look at some sort of shirt that gives you +10 Appearance. The +27 shooting between boots/jacket are only helping if you hit your opponent.

With the gear you have on right now I would steer clear of targeting you and look for better targets. But I would be excited to have you duel me if I was wearing my "Tactics-heavy" outfit because I think I would have a good shot at picking up a win.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #4592
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - if you are looking just to duel, then swapping between the Appearance and Tactics gear is the equivalent of "offense/defense" substitutions in basketball games. The problem comes when your defense gear doesn't get the job done for work/quests, and you are wearing that stuff when someone comes to look you up in return for shooting them earlier in the week.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #4593
hoopsguy
General Manager

So I've got a ton of new quests this morning - enough that I banged into the 10 quest limit for the first time.

Including another one for collecting wood. Geez, how many quests are there that require wood? I don't think there is a close runner-up in terms of a requested process.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:04 AM   #4594
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I use the black shawl for attacks. I did wear the black coat for a duel against the first guy and changed to the fancy shirt for the second guy. I don't have very much in the way of appearance in my skill points. Maybe I should make some adjustments there.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #4595
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm thinking that at some point I'll have to start laying some points into Strength. I'm seeing that the guys who have Toughness gear are taking a ton less damage than I am. I can't imagine what this was like before the "25%" fix ... just did not see much of the "resistance dueler/soldier" build until getting to higher levels.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #4596
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Granted I have spent points over the past 3 levels on quest related skills at the expense of dueling skills. But I am still many levels higher than those guys. I didn't hit Deker a single time, but he hit me 4 times for 452 points. It just doesnt feel right. I have 93 points in aim and 83 in dodge. He can't have a point differential much better than that at level 54. Maybe it was just bad luck.

I've had the same feeling in several recent duels. I don't have any concrete proof, but my gut is telling me there is some sort of exploit out there that a few folks have found.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #4597
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cartman, at least in this specific case I don't think that is the case. I riddled Deker in my duel with him a day before Gramm had posted. Gramm and I are about the same dueling level; if there was an exploit I would think we both would have had the same lack of success.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #4598
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looking for FOFC town invites to return from my most recent shopping trip.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #4599
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Looking for FOFC town invites to return from my most recent shopping trip.

Dolado invite sent
Old 12-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #4600
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thanks. I'm now up to 23.5 hours to re-join a town, so I'll be back sometime around 7PM EST tomorrow.

Wish that the join times started to drift down at some point, rather than being a constant upward progression.