Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #4601
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Thought I was done, and then Stardew Valley I finally gave in on too.

I finally got it too and Mysterium, a board game converted to a digital version. I'm holding out on Endless Space.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #4602
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I wonder how much "Steam sales are so underwhelming now" is a function of the fact that I already own 50+ as of yet uninstalled games?

I'm sure that's part of it, but I really think taking away the daily deals and flash sales hurt my interest more than anything.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #4603
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Endless Legend collection is like $17 and some change. If you like 4x fantasy games, IMHO it's the best 4x game to date in any setting.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:25 PM   #4604
BYU 14
Coordinator

Anyone have an opinion on any of the three below?

Avadon 3
Bastard Bonds
Ravenmark Scourge of Estellion
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:57 AM   #4605
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So what's up with Domina? Everyone's buying it.

also...is FM17 a bad game? What's with those mixed reviews?

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 06-26-2017 at 06:21 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:14 AM   #4606
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

also...is FM17 a bad game? What's with those mixed reviews?

For me, it's similar to other games in the genre that I've enjoyed. It's gotten really solid reviews, and it's $5.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #4607
MrBug708
Head Coach

I bought Fallout 4 and started playing. For some reason, playing first person shooters in a post-apocalyptic world just makes me nervous in a freaked out sort of way.

FM 17 isn't bad, I think I read that a lot of Chinese reviews blasted it for not having a better language translation or something like that.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #4608
Critch
lolzcat

FM17's bad reviews seem to split between Chinese people down voting because it didnt support Chinese language on release, and people who buy it ever year voting it down because not a whole lot has changed for a few years. They're complaining that a data update and a quick polish doesnt warrant a new full price release.

If you dont have FM16, it's worth the sale price. It's a good game.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:05 AM   #4609
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

I watched some of it on Twitch and it looked interesting enough to try for $5.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:11 AM   #4610
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Anyone have an opinion on any of the three below?

Avadon 3
Bastard Bonds
Ravenmark Scourge of Estellion

I played BB for about 10 minutes and the interface was so clunky, I had to stop. The bones are there for a game I would and should like though.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #4611
tarcone
Coordinator

No one knows Dominions 4?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #4612
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post

never really paid much attention to it-searched for a let's play and it seems like a micro-manager's dream vision of a fantasy/historical 4x game. Graphics very basic.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:34 PM   #4613
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post

I play it casually. Yes, micro-managy especially in the late game. Simplistic graphics but intricate strategy. Lots of replay playing different nations in different eras with different agendas (mages with battlefield spells versus combat bosses with crafted items versus clever troop combinations, etc.). With most strategy games, you probably get the most challenge versus real-life opponents in multiplayer but I generally play single player.

One of my favorites and I was just playing it again last night...

Any specific questions?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:59 PM   #4614
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*sigh*...

I bought Fallout 4
and Douglas Adams' Starship Titanic
Old 06-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #4615
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just started to try it out, American Truck Simulator, and it seems just as fun as ETS 2; just that I don;t have to worry about driving on the wrong side of the road.

It's 50% off for the sale.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #4616
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Just started to try it out, American Truck Simulator, and it seems just as fun as ETS 2; just that I don;t have to worry about driving on the wrong side of the road.

It's 50% off for the sale.

I bought it on Friday night, and have already put about 10 hours into it. My wife hates the game already. I also got Motorsport Manager which is great.

Next on my Wishlist are Blood Bowl 2 and Xenonauts, I'll probably pick those up during the sale.

What is sad is getting an email saying that 77 of my wishlist games are on sale. Great news, but why do I need that many games in my wishlist? I just dump anything that's interesting on there in hopes that it will eventually be 75% off.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:25 PM   #4617
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
never really paid much attention to it-searched for a let's play and it seems like a micro-manager's dream vision of a fantasy/historical 4x game. Graphics very basic.

AI is meh. PvP is some of the best gaming I have ever played. The big issue is in MP, you will likely get crushed because the game has been out for so long.

I love the game though.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #4618
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Picked up:

Motorsport Manager
Darkest Dungeon
Portal 1&2
Mysterium
OOTP18
Dragon Age: Origins

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:31 AM   #4619
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Groovy little escape room games:

Rusty LAke Hotel and Rusty Lake Roots

ubercheap
Old 06-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #4620
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I just dump anything that's interesting on there in hopes that it will eventually be 75% off.

This quote kind of stuck out to me and I'm curious as to what the average % off threshold might be for people who will buy from their wishlist at.

DDS:PB 2017 is part of the summer sale for $12.50 if anyone here is interested and I have definitely seen an uptick in sales with the summer sale there but I'm curious if anyone wants to share what their magic number is to move them to buy from their wishlist.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #4621
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
This quote kind of stuck out to me and I'm curious as to what the average % off threshold might be for people who will buy from their wishlist at.

DDS:PB 2017 is part of the summer sale for $12.50 if anyone here is interested and I have definitely seen an uptick in sales with the summer sale there but I'm curious if anyone wants to share what their magic number is to move them to buy from their wishlist.

50% is a maybe for me.

60% depends on the game.

75% = yes.

Really though, I hate spending more than $10.00 for a game. Put a price point of $9.99 or less on something and I'm much more likely to purchase.

Last edited by vex : 06-27-2017 at 10:02 AM.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:04 AM   #4622
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I agree with Vex. The discount doesn't matter much unless it's a big market game like Fallout or Civ. I'm much more likely to consider a game on sale if it's under the ten dollar mark.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #4623
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
100% would definitely grab my attention!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #4624
tarcone
Coordinator

Damn, DDS:PB17 is only 12.50? I just bought from the web site for $27 about 3 weks ago. Timing never was my strong suit.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #4625
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's the $10 mark that makes the difference for me. I'll hold off longer on something that is around $12 if I think I won't play it as much, but at $10 I've almost got no problem buying it and letting it sit around for a while.

Like Steam?

Old 06-27-2017, 11:49 AM   #4626
Bee
Pro Starter

If it's a game I'm interested in I will buy it for sure if it's under $10. I picked up Gary's game during the sale. I was surprised I didn't already own it....
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:03 PM   #4627
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I have a small list of day 1 purchases that I really don't have a price limit on. Those are games that I'll play several times a week for the next year.

After that there's another tier where playing the game isn't time sensitive, and I don't plan on playing on Day 1. For those I would wait until it's 50% off before pulling the trigger.

Then there's the other stuff. Once it hits $10 or 75% off it becomes more interesting to me. Those are more fringe games, that I may only play 2-3 times, or I'm not sure I'll like. I currently have 77 games on my wishlist that are on sale. After going through 2-3 75% off sales, if I still haven't bought the game, I probably never will and remove them from my wishlist.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #4628
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

I think honestly what moves the needle for me is sub-$10. like, I think FM17 is $16.99, which is a fantastic price, but during a summer or winter sale, there's so much else competing for my attention that $17 makes me go "...sure that's great but hey look Shadows of Mordor is $4."

Whereas $17 as a daily deal, say, might grab my attention during a non-sale period.

I've heard great things about Motorsport Manager, but it's juuuuust outside that "oh screw it I'll buy it" threshold. At $7.49 or $9.99 I'm probably already playing it. At $11 and change it's like "Yeah but I've got Stellaris occupying me right now and oh look Shadows of Mordor is $4..."
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #4629
Atocep
Coordinator

I didn't realize DDS Pro Basketball was on sale. Bought a copy for my son and will probably pick one up for myself before the sale is over.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #4630
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I think honestly what moves the needle for me is sub-$10. like, I think FM17 is $16.99, which is a fantastic price, but during a summer or winter sale, there's so much else competing for my attention that $17 makes me go "...sure that's great but hey look Shadows of Mordor is $4."

Whereas $17 as a daily deal, say, might grab my attention during a non-sale period.

I've heard great things about Motorsport Manager, but it's juuuuust outside that "oh screw it I'll buy it" threshold. At $7.49 or $9.99 I'm probably already playing it. At $11 and change it's like "Yeah but I've got Stellaris occupying me right now and oh look Shadows of Mordor is $4..."

Motorsport manager has literally taken all of my gaming time, and i got stellaris for free via humble bundle last month.. it's worth 11.49
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #4631
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Back when Steam introduced their daily queue thing, I went through it on a daily basis. I used my wish list like it was going out of style, and it ballooned to 100+ games. I now have a system where if a game is more than 50% off and I still don't pull the trigger, I pull it from my wish list.

I realize this is 0% helpful to you Gary, sorry. My purchasing mechanism is way more knee-jerk, but I do tend to think $10 is somewhat of a magic number. Anything under that and as long as I'm interested in the first place I'm probably buying it even if I don't have plans to play it any time soon.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #4632
MrBug708
Head Coach

Bought both DDS games and the college basketball crashed on me and the Pro Basketball one won't even create a league as it crashes on creation. Unfortunately, some things never change.

Edit - Looks like the Pro Basketball one is loading on my third attempt at a league

Edit - Doing the draft and the screen to skip to my next pick is currently blocked by the draft board/scout selection. Usually I can click off of these, but the scout selection button is gone. Came back on my pick (which was two picks after my first). If it happens again, I gotta shut the game down because 5 minutes per picks times 30 means a long wait.

Last edited by MrBug708 : 06-28-2017 at 05:59 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:35 PM   #4633
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of the best Stardew Valley things out there is this:

Stardew Valley and real life labour | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

I don't know if you would call it a review or not, but it is certainly a moving piece that I found extremely well written/

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:20 PM   #4634
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Bought both DDS games and the college basketball crashed on me and the Pro Basketball one won't even create a league as it crashes on creation. Unfortunately, some things never change.

Edit - Looks like the Pro Basketball one is loading on my third attempt at a league

Edit - Doing the draft and the screen to skip to my next pick is currently blocked by the draft board/scout selection. Usually I can click off of these, but the scout selection button is gone. Came back on my pick (which was two picks after my first). If it happens again, I gotta shut the game down because 5 minutes per picks times 30 means a long wait.

Both games? Only the pro game for 2017 is on Steam - did you buy CB3 or something or did you purchase the 2017 games from our site?

Regardless I'm sure whatever is going wrong can be pretty easily taken care of because we've barely had any support tickets filed on either game and what has been has been taken care of very quickly.

One issue is it sounds like it might be DPI or resolution related. I'm happy to help - just go to Support - Wolverine Studios and fill out the support form - make sure you let us know what the error messages are, what operating system and screen resolution and we'll be able to fix whatever is the issue.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:21 PM   #4635
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Back when Steam introduced their daily queue thing, I went through it on a daily basis. I used my wish list like it was going out of style, and it ballooned to 100+ games. I now have a system where if a game is more than 50% off and I still don't pull the trigger, I pull it from my wish list.

I realize this is 0% helpful to you Gary, sorry. My purchasing mechanism is way more knee-jerk, but I do tend to think $10 is somewhat of a magic number. Anything under that and as long as I'm interested in the first place I'm probably buying it even if I don't have plans to play it any time soon.

That actually is very helpful as has been everyone else's response - it really seems like under $10 seems to be the magic number for people to give it a try and that's something we will keep in mind going forward over there.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:05 AM   #4636
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Only 33% off.. but I picked up Blitzkrieg 3. Excited to get home tonight to dig in.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #4637
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Apotheon is a solid solid game! Wonderful platformer with theme out the butt

REALLY like Rusty Lake HOtel. Awesome little morbid Escape Room.

I echo pump's like of Huniepop. Although it's kind of turning into a "Women demand food" simulator

Lego Star Wars controls kinda stink. I"m guessing another bad port

Witcher 2 was 3 dollars. Can't beat that for what looks like a gorgeous rpg
Old 06-29-2017, 10:22 AM   #4638
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

The Witcher 2 is a phenomenal game. Still need to play through 3, which I hear is even better.

I am enjoying the heck out of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky right now. Classic JRPG with a tactical twist on battle where positioning "matters" and timing (turn order, not like rhythm or anything) actually does matter. I'm still really early in the game (finished the prologue and Chapter 1, part of the way into Chapter 2), but the world building is fantastic so far and the combat isn't completely awful. It's the best JRPG I've played since Ni No Kuni, and while it doesn't surpass it yet, if the story/world remains as enjoyable as it has so far throughout the game, it may come close.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #4639
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:

I've offered you games on your wishlist for better than a 50% discount and you still squawk
Old 06-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #4640
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ended up getting Disney infinity collection(1/2/3 gold) for kids for 14.99
and Sid Meier's Pirates! for 2.49(literally one of my first games i played on commodore 64)
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #4641
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Well in my 2nd wave of purchases, I got:
Xenonauts
Blood Bowl 2
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2017

Now to get some gaming time in!
Old 06-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #4642
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
I've offered you games on your wishlist for better than a 50% discount and you still squawk

You just have the worst possible timing
Old 06-29-2017, 11:00 PM   #4643
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Just getting going with Motorsport Manager. I feel like an idiot for having not bought this sooner, it's amazing. I thought it would be mostly like the app but it is SO much better. See you guys in a few weeks...
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:35 PM   #4644
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Well in my 2nd wave of purchases, I got:
Xenonauts
Blood Bowl 2
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2017

Now to get some gaming time in!

If you like BB2, you MAY want to purchase the DLC anyway, there's a "Legendary Edition" coming out in a couple months (they said "Summer, but remember summer doesn't end until the end of September"). Since you own BB2 now, you can get Legendary Edition cheaper when it comes out, and Legendary Edition will have 8 new races, and a bunch of good stuff, but you will have to buy the DLC races seperately still.

There's 8 teams in the base game, 8 DLC Races (that you will have to buy seperately even if you buy the LE upgrade), and 8 races that will be in Legendary Edition

And as a Bonus, I give you some classic Blood Bowl information, a famous (or Infamous?) Goblin team, the Lowdown Rats, had their play book stolen and posted for all to read.

THE LOWDOWN RATS PLAYBOOK
Wen weez got da ball:

Wun - Pick it up.

Too - Stop fitein' each uvver - jus' wun of yers pick it up!

A few - Effribody run towards da uvver team.

Too on boaf 'ands - 'It 'em.

Boaf 'ands, boaf feet an' yer noze - Keep 'ittin 'em.

Lotz - If da Ref' blowz 'iz whissle, 'it 'im.

Lotz 'n' lotz - If dere'z no-wun to 'it, see if yooz got da ball.

Too zoggin' many - If yooz got it, get wun of dem tuchdurn fings.

Reese… risv… getting' da ball wend a uvvers 'as gotted it:

Wun - Effribody run towardz da uvver team.

Too - 'It 'em.

A few - Keeps 'ittin 'em.

A few an 'unnuver wun - If da Ref blowz 'iz whissle, 'it 'im.

Lotz - If dere's no-wun to 'it, chekk to see if yooz got da ball.

Lotz 'n' lotz - If yooz got it, score wun of dem tuchdurn fings.

Special Playz:
Crump dere frowerz,
Fump dere kacherz,
Keep clear of geezerz in lotza armour,
Kill dem zoggin' noisy 'oomans in da crowd an' nick all dere stuff.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:54 AM   #4645
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
The Witcher 2 is a phenomenal game. Still need to play through 3, which I hear is even better.

I am enjoying the heck out of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky right now. Classic JRPG with a tactical twist on battle where positioning "matters" and timing (turn order, not like rhythm or anything) actually does matter. I'm still really early in the game (finished the prologue and Chapter 1, part of the way into Chapter 2), but the world building is fantastic so far and the combat isn't completely awful. It's the best JRPG I've played since Ni No Kuni, and while it doesn't surpass it yet, if the story/world remains as enjoyable as it has so far throughout the game, it may come close.

+1 on Trails in the Sky, I'm on Second Chapter and it's been one of my favorite JRPG series. Third Chapter is also out, with Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel coming next month as well.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #4646
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
+1 on Trails in the Sky, I'm on Second Chapter and it's been one of my favorite JRPG series. Third Chapter is also out, with Legend of Heroes: Cold Steel coming next month as well.

both of you are making me want to install it...
Old 06-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #4647
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
both of you are making me want to install it...

Me too. I have 90 minutes in this but remember getting to a part where it got confusing for some reason. Guess I'll give it another go...
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #4648
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Endless Legend collection is like $17 and some change. If you like 4x fantasy games, IMHO it's the best 4x game to date in any setting.

What DLCs are necessary and what is the Emperor Upgrade?
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #4649
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Where are these majestic Steam Cards I have been supposedly unlocking during the sale? When I click the link to my page, it always just shows the same 7 Civ V cards I have had for a long time.

I searched and read the CrimsonFox post but still only see the 7 cards (one of which I have 3 of, btw- still not adding-up to the 20 I have unlocked this week)
Old 07-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #4650
PilotMan
Head Coach

I need 8 and 10 for my level 3 badge. I have extras of 1,2,4,5,7.

Like Steam?