Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #4601
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic
Magneto has ghostrider guarding Spiderman.

Thanks. Are we still planning to kill the Vision then? If so, Magneto needs to be guarded.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #4602
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Thanks. Are we still planning to kill the Vision then? If so, Magneto needs to be guarded.

I am planning on killing Vision despite how much you try to get us not to. Magneto is free to guard himself, but that would leave Spiderman exposed.

I think you're just trying to play everyone against each other at this point with this round and round argument. Luckily for me I only have a few more hours until I have to leave work!

I will be shocked however if you don't work twice as hard after I leave to get everyone to see how you are just the shadow king that means no harm, loves puppies and walks on the beach.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #4603
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I think the way I handled it by ordering Magneto to guard is much better.

Why can't things in this game ever be easy?

I have a night ability I created that will help the village. It will still do its thing, albeit to a lesser extent, even if I am night-killed. Given the high likelihood that I will be either night-killed tonight or lynched tomorrow, I would like to do my bit to help the village to the fullest extent.

I'd bide my time and keep my mouth shut, but I think this game ends one way or the other sooner rather than later, so I do not have the luxury of time.

If I am ordered to guard, I can't use this. I'm sure there will be questions. I'll try and get on this afternoon or in the evening to field them.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #4604
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I am planning on killing Vision despite how much you try to get us not to. Magneto is free to guard himself, but that would leave Spiderman exposed.

I think you're just trying to play everyone against each other at this point with this round and round argument. Luckily for me I only have a few more hours until I have to leave work!

I will be shocked however if you don't work twice as hard after I leave to get everyone to see how you are just the shadow king that means no harm, loves puppies and walks on the beach.

Sorry, you were responding to the real Scarlet Witch, not the Shadow King. This is me, too. I'm still not sure why you want to kill the Vision, but if you're going to do it, I can't stop you. Father, I know we've had our differences, but you've got to do the right thing here and save yourself. I know it would be nice to save Spider-Man, but if we're already going to lose one Prelate today, we can't afford to risk losing another one tonight.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #4605
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Why can't things in this game ever be easy?

I have a night ability I created that will help the village. It will still do its thing, albeit to a lesser extent, even if I am night-killed. Given the high likelihood that I will be either night-killed tonight or lynched tomorrow, I would like to do my bit to help the village to the fullest extent.

I'd bide my time and keep my mouth shut, but I think this game ends one way or the other sooner rather than later, so I do not have the luxury of time.

If I am ordered to guard, I can't use this. I'm sure there will be questions. I'll try and get on this afternoon or in the evening to field them.

Do you have a better option that is available that doesn't leave me wide open to be night killed while there are other prelates around? I am willing to change (I have done so at least 5 or 6 times today), but I refuse to put the entire game at risk just because of one stupid decision on my part is all.

Like I said before, i feel better about you today than I did yesterday, but it still is not enough for me to be absolutely sure that you aren't going to back stab us.

Do you feel your ability is better use than Spiderman's? If so, just move ghost rider to guard you instead of him.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #4606
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Do you feel your ability is better use than Spiderman's? If so, just move ghost rider to guard you instead of him.

In case anyone hasn't figured it out, I think this is a good idea for Magneto to do either way. If you're going to kill the Vision, then we need to keep Magneto (and you, even) alive. We can't afford to lose a Prelate to keep Spider-Man alive.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #4607
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I feel kind of dirty, cheap, and used.

And sadly, I don't mind.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #4608
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
In case anyone hasn't figured it out, I think this is a good idea for Magneto to do either way. If you're going to kill the Vision, then we need to keep Magneto (and you, even) alive. We can't afford to lose a Prelate to keep Spider-Man alive.

Which is entirely fine with me. Just as long as everyone understands the result of their actions, then their actions are theirs to make. I said already that I put my own life, keeping myself alive above Spiderman's. I don't weigh Magneto's as high because I know if I am the only prelate left, the wolves lose that win condition and nothing bad happens. Magneto is free to make the same decision himself as well. Either way, I still feel after your posturing today that my plan I described earlier to get rid of both Cable (if possible) and Vision today is the way to go. I doubt you'll shake me of that, despite having tried to save Vision all day so far.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #4609
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Okay, Mr. F -- lets take a step back for a second. Is there something else I'm missing about the Vision here? You're accusing me pretty hard of 'trying to save him' to the point where you're just straying off-topic. We're talking about Magneto and making sure we're set on the win conditions, and you throw that out there?

If there's something I'm missing, please let me know. But as far as I can tell, the only reason you want to kill the Vision is that you think he's lying, and you don't believe my story. That's fine -- like I said, there's nothing I can do if you want to kill him, so feel free. But if you are seriously worried that I'm defending the Vision, and that the Vision is a rebel, the time to throw accusations at me is tomorrow -- doing it today sounds like you're just trying to put anything I say in a bad light.

Anyway, if all there is to this is that you don't believe what I've said, then there's simply not much else to say about it. If there's something I've missed, again, please let me know.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #4610
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Okay, Mr. F -- lets take a step back for a second. Is there something else I'm missing about the Vision here? You're accusing me pretty hard of 'trying to save him' to the point where you're just straying off-topic. We're talking about Magneto and making sure we're set on the win conditions, and you throw that out there?

If there's something I'm missing, please let me know. But as far as I can tell, the only reason you want to kill the Vision is that you think he's lying, and you don't believe my story. That's fine -- like I said, there's nothing I can do if you want to kill him, so feel free. But if you are seriously worried that I'm defending the Vision, and that the Vision is a rebel, the time to throw accusations at me is tomorrow -- doing it today sounds like you're just trying to put anything I say in a bad light.

Anyway, if all there is to this is that you don't believe what I've said, then there's simply not much else to say about it. If there's something I've missed, again, please let me know.

I think you are right, I don't believe anything you have said. The way you said it, and the reasons for it don't match up. I already showed the holes in the story numerous times and they never were adequately responded to in a believable way. None of it adds up and there is some reason that you are protecting Vision.

Thus in everything you say, it just feels that even when talking about Magneto, you do so in a way to try to get Vision off the hook.. Oh we can't guard both Magneto and Spiderman tonight? Then we better not kill Vision!

So perhaps at this point, now that you have had almost 7 hours to convince me and have failed to do so, I am indeed a lost cause for you to try to convince. Right now you could say something about anyone and I'd likely try to figure out what slant you have in trying to save Vision.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #4611
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I think you are right, I don't believe anything you have said. The way you said it, and the reasons for it don't match up. I already showed the holes in the story numerous times and they never were adequately responded to in a believable way. None of it adds up and there is some reason that you are protecting Vision.

Thus in everything you say, it just feels that even when talking about Magneto, you do so in a way to try to get Vision off the hook.. Oh we can't guard both Magneto and Spiderman tonight? Then we better not kill Vision!

So perhaps at this point, now that you have had almost 7 hours to convince me and have failed to do so, I am indeed a lost cause for you to try to convince. Right now you could say something about anyone and I'd likely try to figure out what slant you have in trying to save Vision.

I guess you were right when you said you were hard-headed! Thanks for letting me know I wasn't missing anything.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #4612
Punisher
High School JV

Still no Spiderman? I'd like to get this rolling.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #4613
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

What are we waiting on Spider-Man for?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #4614
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
What are we waiting on Spider-Man for?
That depends, who am I speaking to?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #4615
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Who supposedly has the lag? Scarlet Witch or the Shadow King... out of curiosity?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #4616
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Scarlet Witch (me). I'd say something like 90% of the posts made today have been me. The Shadow King has posted very rarely, and usually says something about "The Witch" in those posts, to subtly distinguish himself. I usually rely on the tone of my posts to differentiate myself from the Shadow King, who I gotta say, is pretty boring compared to me (no offense).

I don't know the Shadow King's lag situation. If he has a problem with it, he hasn't mentioned it to me.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #4617
Punisher
High School JV

The lag must have made you miss the sarcasm in the post.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #4618
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher
The lag must have made you miss the sarcasm in the post.

I guess so. I still don't see it.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #4619
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I'm wondering if Scarlet Witch might not be a better lynch choice than Vision. It seems this crazy display is so over the top almost asking to draw attacks away from Vision though. I figured that I should at least entertain the idea..
Old 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #4620
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

How about this -- is there someone who's not planning to use a special attack today that will Guard Spider-Man? Then we can keep him alive, too, while making sure Magneto stays alive.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #4621
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

How about this -- is there someone who's not planning to use a special attack today that will Guard Spider-Man? Then we can keep him alive, too, while making sure Magneto stays alive. I
Old 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #4622
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

How about this -- is there someone who's not planning to use a special attack today that will Guard Spider-Man? Then we can keep him alive, too, while making sure Magneto stays alive. I think.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #4623
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Scratch that idea -- I don't see anyone on the player list who would be willing and able to guard. Blah. Magneto, I still think you've got to make sure you get yourself guarded.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #4624
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
How about this -- is there someone who's not planning to use a special attack today that will Guard Spider-Man? Then we can keep him alive, too, while making sure Magneto stays alive. I think.

The issue that you either keep forgetting even though I keep mentioning it, or you purposely are forgetting is just because someone says they will guard doesn't mean they have to. Anyone who guarded yesterday can elect to refuse to guard today if they want to. At this point of the game I am unwilling to take the risk of picking the wrong person who has the right to refuse.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #4625
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
The issue that you either keep forgetting even though I keep mentioning it, or you purposely are forgetting is just because someone says they will guard doesn't mean they have to. Anyone who guarded yesterday can elect to refuse to guard today if they want to. At this point of the game I am unwilling to take the risk of picking the wrong person who has the right to refuse.

It's not forgotten. It's just that, as I understand it, if Magneto orders GR to guard Spider-Man, it leaves himself vulnerable, and if he orders GR to guard himself, it leaves Spider-Man vulnerable. At least that way, there'd be a chance that someone good would actually guard. But it's moot anyway, since I don't see anyone available to guard.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #4626
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I usually rely on the tone of my posts to differentiate myself from the Shadow King, who I gotta say, is pretty boring compared to me (no offense).

I don't know the Shadow King's lag situation. If he has a problem with it, he hasn't mentioned it to me.

Highly, highly offended.

No lag here, though I will be out this evening at a hockey game.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #4627
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Punisher, Scarlet Witch and Cable guarded last night. You're right--it is hard to find a safe play to guard, as only Mr. F, myself, Vision, Ghost Rider and Spider-Man are eligible.

I think the best play for the team is for us to decide whether we feel better ordering Scarlet Witch or Punisher to guard Spider Man and have Ghost Rider guard you, Mr. F.

I believe Spider-Man is telling the truth, and that makes him more valuable than me. I'll take one for the team.

I am so irritated with how badly we've been getting beaten by the rebels that I would rather risk being the night kill if that gets us closer to the prize. Like I said, in death I can still be a little helpful.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #4628
Spider-Man
n00b

Back. I think it makes sense for us to try to kill vision today and to oust magneto.

Mr F, are you sure you can kill vision all by yourself, or do you need more people to attack him?

Vote to Oust Magneto as Prelate
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #4629
Punisher
High School JV

That'll do it.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #4630
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
Back. I think it makes sense for us to try to kill vision today and to oust magneto.

Mr F, are you sure you can kill vision all by yourself, or do you need more people to attack him?

Vote to Oust Magneto as Prelate

I think I can do it with perhaps 1 or 2 people as long as he doesn't use any special defense. I think it is important to also try to kill Cable if he is able to be lynched today as well though, so don't want too many people to assist me.

Also, I see no reason to not allow Magneto to use his ability tonight now if he thinks it can help us out.

Revoke guard order for Magneto.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #4631
Spider-Man
n00b

Agreed.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #4632
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Oh also, just in case.. This would override anything that anyone else changed beneath me.

Order GhostRider to guard Spiderman
Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #4633
Punisher
High School JV

I think we either doomed ourselves or just broke this thing wide open.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #4634
Spider-Man
n00b

I think Magneto still has an order out for someone to guard me too. He should change that to order someone (Punisher?) guard Mr F, right?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #4635
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I think we either doomed ourselves or just broke this thing wide open.

I am hoping it buys Spiderman enough time to find the last rebel. It seems pretty much a done deal that Cable is one. If we lynch just Vision today, then at worst we know who to lynch tommorrow in Cable. If we lynch them both, then it seems likely we'll have only 5 or 6 people left tommorrow.

He knows he is good, and I am good. That means he has a 1 in 4 chance of guessing correctly between Scarlet Witch, Ghost Rider, Punisher and Magneto tonight to follow.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #4636
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
I think Magneto still has an order out for someone to guard me too. He should change that to order someone (Punisher?) guard Mr F, right?

Yes, Magneto has an order to have ghost rider to guard you which is the exact same order that mine is for. I just felt it important to make sure to get that overriding order in. If Magneto wants to change his order now to have Punisher or someone guard me, then that would be wonderful with me.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #4637
Punisher
High School JV

We still have a number of people who haven't officially attacked, don't we?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #4638
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
We still have a number of people who haven't officially attacked, don't we?

I haven't attacked yet primarily because Hoopsguy seemingly has been busy today and I've been waiting for him to clarify how I need to do something so I don't mess it up. I think everyone knows where my attack is going though.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #4639
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

So Magneto's out? Wow. Am I taking crazy pills here?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #4640
Tyrith
College Starter

BTW, with Mr. F's post at 4599 we passed Spawn 3 for the longest WW thread in board history - good work everyone.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #4641
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
So Magneto's out? Wow. Am I taking crazy pills here?
Depends, who are we talking to?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #4642
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I like that we're finally acting as a team here (it's ashame we didn't do it when we had teams!), so who have we decided to lynch, Vision?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #4643
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I like that we're finally acting as a team here (it's ashame we didn't do it when we had teams!), so who have we decided to lynch, Vision?

Personally, now that Magneto is not a Prelate, I think that if we kill the Vision, we should kill Mr. F too, so as not to leave him as the only Prelate.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #4644
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Personally, now that Magneto is not a Prelate, I think that if we kill the Vision, we should kill Mr. F too, so as not to leave him as the only Prelate.

I guess I don't see the logic since he is our one truly cleared villager and they can't make any more prelates.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #4645
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

If people want to attack me, then I guess that is up to them. I would personally much rather have 1 or 2 others help me with Vision and everyone else go after Cable just in case we can kill him tonight and his ability doesn't block us.

If others would rather target me than Cable, then that would be their choice.. a bad choice but their choice. I have to admit that I am not too suprised to see you wanting me dead now.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #4646
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I guess I don't see the logic since he is our one truly cleared villager and they can't make any more prelates.

Fair enough. That's hard to see from my perspective, the way he showed no inclination to think about my argument before dismissing it. Seemed more like a wolf at endgame to me, which is why I brought up conversion.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #4647
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah, but for a conversion, there would be no nightkill, which hasn't happened. We have no evidence that the wolves can even do multiple attacks as the only night we had more than one attack, it was caused by the Shadow King.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #4648
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Fair enough. That's hard to see from my perspective, the way he showed no inclination to think about my argument before dismissing it. Seemed more like a wolf at endgame to me, which is why I brought up conversion.

Don't go all revisionist on us here. I very clearly asked you several points that were flawed in your argument and you never had a good answer for any of them. After a few hours of that, sure I showed no more inclination to further bash my head against the wall. You don't care about the discrepencies in your story so you started trying to turn it into anything else that you could.

Right now you are doing the classic "Throw everything against the wall and see what will stick" approach.

Anyone else that has had a -reasonable- idea or thought, I have listened to and in some cases changed my course of action after being convinced to do otherwise.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #4649
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I think there is a fair chance you are right. I think removing me as a prelate is/was a stupid move, but there is really no way that I could have stopped it. I'm hoping we get lucky and the scheme turns out to be successful

ORDER PUNISHER TO GUARD MR. FANTASTIC
Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #4650
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Who am I guarding, Spidey or Mr. Fantastic?