Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #4701
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I don't think that's why you were attacked Vision.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #4702
Cable
Mascot

So, I forgot about the 1 point need to attack every day and left myself 1 energy short of using my special. So, yeah, I was in play all day.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #4703
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
So, I forgot about the 1 point need to attack every day and left myself 1 energy short of using my special. So, yeah, I was in play all day.

You're a bastard!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #4704
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
You're a bastard!

Someone should have asked.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #4705
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Someone should have asked.

Fine...are you a bastard?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #4706
hoopsguy
General Manager

GhostRider and Cable converge on Vision at the start of the night phase, slaughtering him with a combination of magical and psionic attacks. The android, who has taken on a greenish hue in a fit of anger, lets out a "meep' as his circuits are spilled across the floor. That leaves one Prelate left standing, Mr.Fantastic.

"I'll be calling the shots around here from now on. The false dynasties of Apocalypse and Doom have come to a close. We will now embark on creating a more civilized society, inspired by the teachings of Khonshu".

The remaining Loyalists are herded off to maximum security prisons. A new age has dawned, as the Rebels have been judged the most fit over this fortnight.

Game over.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #4707
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Doom cleared me with the hounds, I cleared mimic, Doom cleared Nick Fury and Jean grey, I outed Kang, the hounds died after that.

Ahem. That felt good.

Reed, perhaps you could find the post wherein Dr. Doom cleared you, or point me to the general area?

Because, if it is not spelled out by Dr. Doom specifically, I have choice but to believe that this entire episode was concocted by you, in hopes that killing me would result in a rebel victory by you.

On the other hand, if you really were cleared, I will work more, some tonight and some tomorrow, on clearing my own good name.

Actually, I didn't issue a guard action, so I may be a goner in any case.

If I do not survive the night, friends, look upon my corpse with regret, and gaze with distrust on he who engineered today's entire sequence of events.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #4708
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Fine...are you a bastard?

Well, I have a father. He just isn't a very good one.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #4709
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

...that's why you were attacked Vision.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #4710
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Well, I have a father. He just isn't a very good one.

Congrats brother!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #4711
Tyrith
College Starter

MAJOR VICTORY

WOLVES:

Beast - saldana
Cable - spleen1015
Ghost Rider - PurdueBrad
Kang the Conqueror - jeheniz72
Mr. Fantastic - AlanT

NON-ALIGNED:

Shadow King (Nightcrawler) - The Jackal

MINOR VICTORY

NON-ALIGNED/VILLAGER:

Dr. Doom - Autumn

LOSS

VILLAGERS:

Aardwolf - EagleFan
Apocalypse - ntndeacon
Colossus - RendeR
Dr. Strange - Qwikshot
Emma Frost - Narcizo
Firebird - Abe Sargent
Gambit - Mrs. Schmidty
Henry Pym - Thomkal
Hulk - Schmidty
Jean Grey - Barkeep49
Magneto - chesapeake
Mimic - Raiders Army
Nick Fury - Danny
Professor X - DaddyTorgo
Puinsher - Poli
Quicksilver - claphasma
Scarlet Witch - Passacaglia
Silver Samurai - Chief Rum
Spiderman - KWhit
Vision - Crim

NON-ALIGNED:

Iron Fist - Grammaticus
SuperSkrull - BrianD
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #4712
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Magneto is no longer Prelate #3, due to a majority vote to remove him from office.

you people sicken me. farging sheep.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #4713
Beast
n00b

that was freaking great!

you guys have no idea how hard it was to post with capital letters and punctuation marks for a week!

THANKS HOOPS AND TYRITH FOR AN AWESOME GAME!!1
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #4714
Tyrith
College Starter

ROLES, as originally sent

In order of creation -

Professor Xavier (DaddyTorgo):
Health: 4
Energy: 14
Gains five energy per night

Standard Attack: psionic blast, 1 psionic damage per energy spent
Standard Defense: not hurt by first three points of a psionic attack, costs 1 energy per attack, automatically used if the subject of a mental attack (assuming there is energy to do so)
Telepath (0): can communicate by PM with teammates during the day

special attack/abilities:
Mind Control (10): can take control of another players, set their action for the day, including submitting order (if they are prelate) and how much energy to use with their attack. Can also order "no action". As a by-product of this, Professor X gets to learn about their powers.

Jean Grey/Phoenix (Barkeep49):
Health: 6
Energy: 15

Standard Attack: telekinetic thrust, 1 physical damage per energy spent
Standard Defense: telekinetic shield, absorb 1 point of physical/energy damage per energy spent
Telepath (0): can communicate by PM with teammates during the day

Special Attack/Abilities:
Phoenix Force: can be activated when Jean is reduced to Health of 3 or lower, grants the following abilities:
Standard Attack moves to 1 point of physical + 1 point of energy (fire) damage per energy spent
Standard Defense: TK shields absorb 2 points of physical/energy damage per energy spent

Health: 12 (assumed immediately)
Energy: 30 (assumed immediately)
Recover 2 health, 6 energy per day.

Is vengeful as Phoenix, will automatically attack anyone who attacks her with a minimum of 5 energy attack.

Hulk (Schmidty):
Health: 15
Energy: 7

Standard Attack: pound does 4 points of damage, costs one energy
Standard Defense: not hurt by first 3 points of physical/energy attacks

special attack/abilitiess:
Stun: deliver an attack that does no damage, but removes their ability to attack for 1 hour (real-time) for every point of energy spent. The player will be told they are stunned, but not how long that state will last
HULK STRONGEST!: can sacrifice themselves to take out another player, will do 2 points of physical damage for every point of health + energy remaining when attack is launched. Activated by posting "HULK STRONGEST!!!" in thread

Spiderman (KWhit):
Health: 10
Energy: 10

Standard Attack: Fist, does 1 point of damage per point of energy spent, max 4 damage
Standard Defense: SpiderSense, dodges standard physical and energy attacks against him at a cost of 1 energy per attack, can be deactivated for future attacks via PM

Setup (8): can lure an opponents attack against him into either an alternate target, or back on themself, Spiderman's choice
Entangle (4): can immobilize a player in place for single day or night phase. Webbing can be broken by 6 points of physical energy or 3 points of energy/magic energy

Shadow King (The Jackal):
Health: 5 (in astral plane), otherwise defined by host
Energy: 18 (always defined by Shadow King, regardless of host)

Standard Attack: defined by host
Standard Defense: defined by host

Possession: will be able to control the body of another character. Minimum cost to use this power is 6 energy. Success of using this ability, as well as duration for controlling the body, is based on the amount of energy used. It will take more energy to control characters with mental abilities. It will take more energy to seize control of a healthy body than someone who is wounded. The player gets the username/password for the character while possessing the body. The body will deteriorate every day that it is maintained by Shadow King. The Shadow King can also exist in the astral plane if left without a body.

The Shadow King can attempt to control more than one body at a time, but this increases the risk of detection as well as the likelihood of losing control of one (or more) of the targets.

Astral Plane
The Shadow King begins the game controlling the body of another hero/villain. However, he is capable of existing solely on the astral plane if there is not a suitable body for possession. The player cannot post while in the Astral Plane, although they have the option to send PMs to a player from the Astral Plane. Also, Shadow King only recovers two energy per turn while on the Astral Plane.

Recovers six energy per turn when inhabiting a physical body, two if on Astral Plane.

Shadow King is a free agent. He achieves a minor victory by outliving all telepaths. He achieves a major victory if he outlives both Apocalypse and all telepaths.

Nightcrawler (The Jackal, who is actual Shadow King inhabiting this body):
Energy: 11

Standard Attack: teleport opponent, costs him one energy, drains 2 energy from foe. Can launch multiple standard attacks in a day, on same or different targets. Cumulative effect if used on same opponent.
Standard Defense: teleport away from any kind of non-mental attack, costs one energy. Max of three uses per day.

Soulsword: delivers two points of damage, does triple damage to magical foes. 3 energy.
Quick Defend: if guarding, and his victim is attacked, he will teleport both of them away prior to the attack. Nightcrawler will learn the identity of the attacker.

Ghost Rider (PurdueBrad):

Standard Attack: Hellfire (fireball) attack does 3 points of damage of either energy or magic damage (whichever hurts foe more). Costs 1 energy.
Standard Defense: if wounded in hand-to-hand combat the foe sustains 3 points of damage, either energy or magic damage. Costs 1 energy.
Mental Fortitude: immune to mind control, possession
Resist Fire: immune to fire, heat attacks

Special Attack/Ability:
Penance Stare (8): force a foe to feel pain they inflicted the previous day. Damage will match that dealt by their attacks.

White Queen (Narcizo):
Energy: 13

Standard Attack: punch does two physical damage in diamond form, mental bolt does two damage + 1 per additional point of energy damage when not in diamond form (capped at 6 damage).
Standard Defense: Convert to diamond form, costs 2 energy. Immune to most standard attacks and 3 points of damage from physical/energy attacks. Telepathy disabled for remainder of day when activated.
Telepath: can communicate by PM with teammates during the day
Resist Mental: deflects 1 point psionic attacks against her, resists first three points of damage. Still maintained in diamond form.

Psionic Rapport (7): can boost the powers of a teammate, either as a one-shot (more powerful) or as permanent new power (work with moderator to discuss)

+1 to attacks against Jean Grey.

Apocalypse (ntndeacon):
Health: 12

Standard Attack: Can opt for either physical or energy damage, through hand-to-hand or an energy blast. Damage = 2 + 1 point for each point of additional energy spent (capped at 7 damage)
standard Defense: resist first point of damage on all physical/energy attacks
Elongtation: can launch a second standard attack on a different foe in the same day

Growth (5): can double in size, which allows his to double his damage delivered to foes for all attacks on that day. Also takes 1/2 damage from physical/energy attacks during day cycle.
Betrayal (5): can attack a character who is guarding him, will do 12 points of physical damage during this attack.
Hound Program (0): seer scan, has option to keep this or pass it. The decision to keep/pass is a day action, the decision on who to scan is a night decision. Hound Program reverts to Apocalypse at end of night action, although results of scan go to person submitting the scan.
Order Replacement Prelate (4): If a Prelate is killed, Apocalypse can name his replacement by spending the energy. Position must be filled within two days cycles or it is lost.
Successor (4/day for 3 days): Apocalypse can name a person to succeed him. This is not announced. Also, Apocalypse is not allowed to post during the day/night cycle for the 3rd day, either in thread or via PM (except to moderators).

Gains five energy per day, recovers two health per day
Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #4715
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Hoops and Tyrith, absolutely amazing, amazing, amazing job. It'll be weird to actually pay attention to what I'm teaching rather than what I've been doing!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #4716
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Nice game, rebels.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #4717
Tyrith
College Starter

Quicksilver (Claphamsa):

Standard Attack: two quick punches, each of which deliver one point of damage
Multiple Attacks: can launch a number of attacks in a day, limited only by energy. So if Quicksilver launches five attacks in a day, he will deliver a total of 10 one point attacks for a total cost of 5 energy
Standard Defense: automatically dodges physcial or energy attack, costs 1 energy per attack, max 4 per day

Speed of Light: Has the ability to edit posts during the last hour before the day deadline and for up to five minutes after deadline. Must alert moderators that he will be using this power. If he is potentially using this power after the deadline he must notify the moderators in the last 15 minutes before the deadline.
Steal Object (3): can take an object from another player. Does not work for body armor (can't take Doom's armor, for example) but does work for devices (guns, bow, etc)

Colossus (RendeR):
Health: 11

Standard Attack: bash opponents for two points of damage per point of energy spent (max of 6 damage)
Standard Defense: metal skins protects from first two points of physical attacks, one point of energy attacks (3 points to fire/ice).

Special Attack/Ability:
Superior Guard (3): when on guard he gets to counter-strike against his opponent. Can deliver his standard attack, but damage cap moves up to 10, based on energy spent. Energy spent on attack is in addition to the 3 energy required for superior guard. This can also apply to nights where he is the night kill target, if the power is activated.

Firebird (Abe Sargent):
Energy: 12

Standard Attack: flame attack, can do either force or energy damage, 2 points per energy spent (max 6 damage)
Standard Defense (0): delivers two points of damage to anyone who touches her (hand-to-hand)
Immune to poison, disease, radiation, heat

Visions (6): can learn about either the mission for the following day or information about Galactus
Immortal (activated upon death): will live for one additional day after being "killed". If night killed, will not learn the identity of her killer. After that day/night cycle, Firebird ascends to the heavens.

GM Note - if teamed with Shadow King, she will detect a taint from one of her teammates on first night. Will have option to learn more as a night action the following evening for 3 energy.

Dr. Doom (Autumn):
Health: 8
Energy: 14

Standard Attack: can deliver bolts doing physical, energy, or magical damage. Two points of damage per energy spent, capped at 8 damage
Standard Defense: armor protects him from one point of damage from physical or energy attacks
Freedom of Action (1): can ignore a Prelate order, must PM moderator ASAP - prior to start of mission/Galactus to "opt out" since these run during day. Does not count as using "special action".

Force Field (2): can withstand seven points of damage, last for one cycle (day or night). Must be recharged after use, can't be used for another four cycles (day/night/day/night).
Death Trap (6): can imprison a foe in a death trap. Since it is Doom, they will escape but it will take their special action and 50% of their energy to do so
Pain Inducer (3): physical contact deals three points of damage, ignores all defenses
Energy Redirect (4): night action, will absorb all energy attacks on the following day. At the deadline, the moderator will post the "ENERGY REDIRECT" at a target specified during the day by Doom. The target will take one point of energy damage for each point directed at Doom that day.
Chain of Command (4 x 2): required as night action on back-to-back nights, will allow Doom to create a loophole allowing him to succeed Apocalypse upon his death.
CREATE - Doombot (12): Create a Doombot that dies in place of Dr. Doom.

Gains five energy per night, six energy per night after replacing Apocalypse.
Gets two extra "create a power" uses

Victory conditions:
Minor: usurp Apocalypse
Major: steal power from Galactus

Mimic (Raiders Army):

Standard Attack: can deliver one point of damage, physical, energy (laser), or magic (eldritch bolt) per point of energy spent, cap of 5.
Standard Defense: Duplication - Creates a duplicate once every two times he is struck, up to a max of two additional duplicates. The duplicates allow him to launch additional attacks, have same health/energy as Mimic

Can duplicate the power of five mutants. Will start with the abilities of two in-game mutants (Apoc and Dr. Strange to start) and three out-of-game mutants (Dazzler, X-23, Madrox)

Swap out powers (3): can do this once per evening, must select a character to remove in place of character added to mix.
Growth (5): can double in size, which allows his to double his damage delivered to foes for all attacks on that day. Also takes 1/2 damage from physical/energy attacks during day cycle.

Gets 4 health and 3 energy per night.

Henry Pym (Thomkal):

Standard Attack: Giant Man delivers two points of damage with a punch per energy spent, cap of four points of damage.
Standard Defense: Immune to first point of damage from physical attacks
Weakness: especially susceptible to mental attacks, takes an extra point of damage

Deactivate (3/7): For a cost of three, can deactivate either a robot or a set of body armor for two hours. For a cost of seven, it includes both a day and night cycle. Deactivate = no actions
Restore Vision (7): can bring Vision back to life
Shrink (5): can use ability to spy on a player, observe all night actions by a player, as well as actions against them. Not easily detectable in this state.
CREATE - Ultron (7): Create Ultron to serve as your bodyguard. Ultron can sustain six points of physical or energy damage, and will strike back against anyone who attacks him with a four energy damage attack. Ultron has a good chance to rebel against his master when struck.

Silver Surfer (Path12):

Standard Attack: power cosmic delivers two points of damage per energy spent, cap of eight points of damage.
Standard Defense: immune to first point of physical damage, all energy attacks

Postcognition (5): can learn details about opposing faction actions on previous mission. Must be at least two days past.
Cosmic Doom (7): once per game, Silver Surfer can deliver 16 points of energy damage with this attack

Gets two "make your own power" options over course of game

Mr. Fantastic (AlanT):
Health: 7

Standard Attack: fist does one point of damage
Standard Defense: elastic body take 1/2 damage, rounded down, from physical attacks

Invention (3): can create a device each day that is capable of dealing four points of physical or energy damage.

"Create own power" - has an unlimited number of create power options over the life of the game.

Iron Fist (Grammaticus):
Health: 9

Standard Attack: Iron Fist delivers two points of physical damage per point of energy spent, capped at 8 damage
Standard Defense: Dodges first physical/energy attack against him each day for 1 energy. Can dodge second attack for 3 energy, third attack for 7 energy, if desired.
Sabotage Galactus Mission (3): If Iron Fist participates in missions against Galactus he can choose to sabotage the efforts of the mission - players will know that they were unsuccessful in their efforts to stop Galactus, but will not be told that they were sabotaged. Once per game he can sabotage a mission while not on the mission, but this will count as a special ability and fall under other special ability rules (overruled by Prelate order to guard, use special ability, etc)

Meditate (3): as a night action, can focus on opponent to attack the next day. Delivers double damage with attack. Cannot be used on back-to-back nights.
Evade (3): night action, can hide in shadows, avoid actions against him.
Heal Self (4): night action, can recover full health. Useable once per game.
Power Punch (6): multiple options. 1.) against body armor, will destroy the armor for duration of day/night cycle 2.) against a force field, will shatter the force field and remove half of targets remaining energy 3.) against any other opponent it will halve their health, regardless of natural protection

CREATE - Iron Mind (3): once per game, for one night any search for herald targeted at Iron Fist will return that he is not the herald
CREATE - Iron Propulsion (7): advance Galactus's arrival by a day

Get two "make your own power" options over the course of game
Get five energy per day

Additional Notes: Iron Fist is the newest Herald of Galactus. He has been imbued with power far beyond that previously possessed by Iron Fist. Wins if Galactus gets to 100 energy.

Vision (Crim):
Energy: 9

Standard Attack: solar ray, does one point of energy damage per energy, up to max of six damage.
Standard Defense: phase through attack, immune to nearly all physical/energy. cost is one energy per day for all attacks

Disrupt (5): phase through opponent, does five damage to any tangible foe. Also disrupts machinery, including body armor, automatically.
Collect Data (4): can access computer network to compile data on another player. Pick one of the following to obtain: current health, energy spent during day cycle, or energy spent during night cycle

Gains three health per day.

Kang the Conqueror (JEHeinz):

Standard Attack: high tech weapons deliver two points of physical or energy damage plus one point per energy spent with cap of 5 damage.
Standard Defense: force field takes two points of damage plus one point of damage per energy spent with cap of 7.

Timewalk (5): daytime ability, can use this to obtain details for success on future mission (will be 1-3 days in advance) or learn about info on past mission (will be 1-2 days in past)
Banish (8): send player to another timeline, effectively removing them from the game (day kill power).

Beast (Saldana):
Energy: 9

Standard AttacK: deliver one point of physical damage per energy spent, capped at 4 damage.
Freedom of Action (1): can ignore a Prelate order, must PM moderator ASAP - prior to start of mission/Galactus to "opt out" since these run during day. Does not count as using "special action".

Remove Powers (6): can inject player with Legacy Virus that removes their powers. Will drastically lower health and energy levels, but not kill them. Recover half of their abilities after one day, back to full power on 2nd day.
Charge Powers (4): can double power of player (mutant or altered human, not androids like Vision or normal humans like Punisher)for one day. May want to exercise some caution in using this, as may be tough for extremely high energy heroes to control ...

Cable (Spleen1015):

Standard Attack: Psimatar delivers one point of psionic damage, and stuns for one hour, per point of energy used. Capped at 4 damage. Cannot prevent poster fr om posting in final hour before deadline with this stun.
Standard Defense: absorbs energy attacks, converted to his own energy.
Undetectable: immune to any type of psionic attacks, cannot be located by mental or technological means that are not specifically tuned for him (ie - create a power type option)

Drain energy (4): can pull life from an opponent, dealing four points of damage (no defense against this).
Bodyslide (5): teleport away for a day/night, allowing to avoid lynch. Can only be used once.
Technopathy (5): neutralize opponent for day/night cycle, leaving them unable to act
Disrupt Hounds (3): night power, name a player as target of power. If Hounds scan that player they will get opposite results. Repeated usage of this power will lead to increasing chance of detection.

Dr. Strange (Qwikshot):
Energy: 13

Standard Attack: Flames of Faltine do one point of magic damage per point of energy spent, with a cap of 7 damage.
Standard Defense: Can deflect any mystical attack, cost of one per spell.
Immune to Madri: cannot be voted out of Prelate spot by Madri vote
Telepath: can communicate by PM with teammates during the day

Crimson Bands of Cytorrak (3): restrain an opponent for either a day or night cycle
Images of Ikonn (4): create duplicates of himself, allowing every other attack to miss him during day or to take 1/2 damage from a night attack.
Summon Mindless Ones (7): deliver 10 points of physical damage to a foe.

Gains 5 energy per day. Gets two "create a powers" over course of game.

Aardwolf (EagleFan):
Energy: 6

Standard Attack: claw attack delivers one point of damage per energy spent, max of 3
Standard Defense: cannot sustain physical damage by standard weapons, only by superpowers or silver weapons

Slumber (0): this allows Aardwolf to continue to grow his power, which will be manifested through more increased stats, damage, powers, etc
Hunt (4): can pick up a piece of information, as determined by moderator, on his night target

Nick Fury (Danny):

Standard Attack: gun does one point of physical damage per energy spent, cap of 3 damage.
Immune to Madri: cannot be voted out of Prelate spot by Madri vote

Call in Favor (7): if the lynch victim, can redirect all damage from that day to another player
Assassinate (7): night action, order a squad of assassins to launch a night kill. Attack will deliver 10 points of damage (customized for foe to ensure 10 points of damage are delivered), is executed the following night, cannot be revoked once ordered. Can be blocked.

Jewel (Mustang):

Standard Attack: punch delivers one point of physical damage per energy spent, cap of 5 damage
Standard Defense: resist first point of physical damage from each attack
Mental Weakness: barriers implemented by Jean Grey will negate first mental attack against her, but takes double damage from all subsequent ones.
Teammate Bonus: gets additional bonus points for participating on Galactus Actions and Mission Actions

Rage (variable): if the victim of a mental attack, will go berserk against that opponent. Will do two points of damage per point of energy spent, no cap.
Investigate Mission (4): night action, can visit the scene to learn about energy spent by one player on mission as well as information about "wolf" conditions from that day

Scarlet Witch (Passacaglia):
Energy: 15

Standard Attack (1): Eldritch Bolts, magical attack that does 1 point of damage per point of energy spent
Standard Defense: Create magical shields that absorb up to two points of all non-mental damage. Costs 1 energy.

"Probability Manipulation" - acts like a custom power, but can be done instantly (no prep required) and no limit on usage except for amount of energy required for each feat. Consult with moderators about potential usage of powers

Gets five energy per day

Magneto (chesapeake):

Standard Attack: delivers physical damage, one point per point of energy spent
Standard Defense: Force Field blocks two points per point of energy spent, can protect him and one other target each day. Protects from all but magical attacks.
Metal Manipulation: Cannot be hurt by bullets or any other metal form. Delivers double damage to Colossus and Dr. Doom.

EMP Blast (9): disable all electronics in the game for either a day or night phase.
Redirect Energy Attack (4): can redirect any energy attack to another target.

Gets five energy per day

Punisher (Poli):
Energy: 8

Standard Attack: gunshot delivers one point of damage per point of energy spent, cap of 4 damage

Armor-Piercing bullets (2): ignore first two points of armor, deliver two points of physical damage.
Phosphorus Grenade (2): delivers one point of physical damage and one point of energy damage (fire) to two teammates.
Nerve Gas (2): stuns opponent for two hours.
Craft Weapon (4): night action, tailor a weapon for a specific foe that will deliver three points of damage.
CREATE - Interrogate (5): night action, removes a player from other night activities, gets a soothsayer question about that player

Super Skrull (BrianD):
Health: 11

Standard Attack: Flame Attack does 1 point of damage per point of energy spent, cap of 6 damage
Standard Defense: any attacker who touches him (not ranged attacks) takes 2 points of energy (fire) damage

Invisibility (4): once invoked, cannot be attacked for next three hours of game time
"Clobberin' Time!" (4): deliver a punch for seven points of damage.
Nova Blast (variable): high-power fire attack that does four points of damage plus 1 per energy spent, minimum of three energy. Cannot be used on back-to-back days
Search for Herald (1 per use): night power, seek the identity of the Herald of Galactus. Max of four per night.

Victory Conditions:
Minor - Identify the Herald of Galactus
Major - Kill the Herald of Galactus

Gambit (Mrs Schmidty):

Standard Attack: charged playing cards deliver one point of energy damage per point of energy spent
Standard Defense: immune to mental attacks

Read Playing Cards (6): once per game, as a night-time action, can learn information about an upcoming mission.
Poison (4): convert inert matter into toxic gas, delivering four points of irresistable damage
Target Armor (6): can deliver charged attack to body armor, disabling the armor and stunning the foe for the day/night cycle. Target also takes three points of damage in process.

Silver Samurai (Chief Rum):

Standard Attack: Sword, does 1 point of physical damage per point of energy spent, capped at 5 damage. "Tough skin" type defenses (including armor) do not apply as sword cuts through them
Standard Defense: Can deflect energy attacks, cost is 2 per attack

Sneak Attack (6): night action, use teleport ring to initiate surprise attack against an opponent, ignores any defenses, delivers 7 points of damage.
Change Madri Vote (1): use underworld connections to either double the weight of his vote, or move another players vote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #4718
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Wow.

This is my third game of werewolf, and my first in which my team lost.

But, sweartogod, this was the most fun by far.

Congratulations, wolves! Really, really, nice work!

Bastiches.

(It sure feels good not to have to use "Lucida Console" font and mutlisyllable words!)
Old 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #4719
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I owe Schmidty a MASSIVE apology. Hulk, I'm sorry, wrestled with whether or not to do it. I even asked Hoops because I felt bad. I had to, given the chance, but I am sorry.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #4720
Beast
n00b

I honestly had no idea at any point who anyone was, except for when they crossposted or put up huge pictures of ketchup bottles
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #4721
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
that was freaking great!

you guys have no idea how hard it was to post with capital letters and punctuation marks for a week!

THANKS HOOPS AND TYRITH FOR AN AWESOME GAME!!1

I second that emotion! Props to the mods, a really well-conceived and executed universe!

And, i was wondering who the Beast was. Nice job. You were cracking me up.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #4722
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I owe Schmidty a MASSIVE apology. Hulk, I'm sorry, wrestled with whether or not to do it. I even asked Hoops because I felt bad. I had to, given the chance, but I am sorry.

Hulk is the only person in this entire game where I feel bad about how things turned out. I'm pretty content with how everything else happened, mechanically - people got what they had coming, or at least something reasonable.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #4723
Cable
Mascot

Quote:

You owe more people than Schmidty and apology. You killed half of them!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #4724
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
(It sure feels good not to have to use "Lucida Console" font and mutlisyllable words!)

seriously, trying to post like i have a 300 IQ was ridiculously hard. what is funny is that i started noticing the emails i was sending to my clients were coming out as BeastSpeak, and i was going back and dumbing them down.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #4725
Cable
Mascot

Good game everyone. Hoops and Tyrith, thanks for running the show. Great job.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #4726
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, done with red font here for awhile. Thanks everyone for playing and putting in a massive amount of time and energy over the past couple of weeks in making this a fun gaming world for us. I know Tyrith and I had a lot of fun running this little world, when we weren't yelling at one side or another for not doing what we wanted them to do.

I know that I heard from at least one wolf suggesting that this was going to be a very, very difficult rule set for them to win. Congratulations to them for a very consistent effort all the way up until today, where they proceeded to pee all over their collective leg. But they did a good job in getting a Prelate voted out and having saved a "double kill" all game long, which they ended up needing. Magneto could have guarded tonight (create a power), but with the double kill in play and no one defending Vision by Prelate order, the wolves clinched the win.

I'm very interested to hear what people liked about the game, what sucked about the game (I've got a few things on my list), and what stuff is worth revamping for future games but maybe didn't work here.

I'm also interested in hearing if your character 'worked' for you. If not, what should have been different?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #4727
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm guessing we have several players who are new to WW (welcome BTW!) or who haven't played in a while (welcome back). This combined with the super hero logins compels me to make a few reminders:

1. Profanity is allowed/disallowed on a game by game basis. These moderators seem to haven't said otherwise so no problems there.

2. Attack the argument or idea not the person. People seem far more into role playing in this game than normal, so it doesn't seem like we've reached a point where people are upset at what is being said. But the level of personal attacks is still worrying to me. The idea of attacking the argument or actions and not the person is what allows us to run most games in a fun way. Consider this in your posts moving forward.

3. There have been several deleted posts. As I haven't been reading along with my mod account, I haven't seen where they've happened, and so I'm guessing they are just deletions of duplicate posts. If so, no problem. Otherwise posts should not be deleted or edited.

This has been a great game so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues to unravel.

~Barkeep49, Your Friendly Werewolf Moderator

This post was made way-back-when, and I didn't reply to it then because I was caught up with being in-character while going at it with Doom, but I wanted to reply to it now and say that I'm sorry if I offended anyone, through RP or otherwise, in the game. Also, I apologize for the swear words -- I don't think I was actually upset or anything, it just seemed appropriate for the character at the time. Sorry if that offended anyone, also!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #4728
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Hulk is the only person in this entire game where I feel bad about how things turned out. I'm pretty content with how everything else happened, mechanically - people got what they had coming, or at least something reasonable.

really...no one else....no one at all.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #4729
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nice game, I knew it was over one way or the other. I had to trust Alan. My bad.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #4730
Beast
n00b

as something the villagers may find amusing...it was the 3rd day before we, as the wolf team, came up with the idea of creating AIM accounts as our in game characters and started talking that way....until then, we were PMing all day long....i would log in before work at 7 am, and then not be able to check back until noon and have 120 pms....same thing at 6 when i got home...eventually i just gave up and asked someone else if anything important happened.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #4731
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Thanks to Hoops and Tyrith for running an excellent game, very hard work and very fun.

Thanks to a great team that I had to work with here. Everyone chipped in, everyone had great ideas at times and was one of the more fun wolf teams I've been a part of.

My apologies to anyone I made mad at me. I tried to ride a fine line the entire game by appearing to be good but also asserting my will when I needed to. Sorry to Chief and Passacaglia and Crim especially as I was perhaps a bit meaner then I needed to be in some of those arguements.

Finally, this was a very mentally exhausting game for me and I think my mind checked out at some point this morning. I think I nearly single handedly blew this entire game for our team today with carelessness.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #4732
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, done with red font here for awhile. Thanks everyone for playing and putting in a massive amount of time and energy over the past couple of weeks in making this a fun gaming world for us. I know Tyrith and I had a lot of fun running this little world, when we weren't yelling at one side or another for not doing what we wanted them to do.

I know that I heard from at least one wolf suggesting that this was going to be a very, very difficult rule set for them to win. Congratulations to them for a very consistent effort all the way up until today, where they proceeded to pee all over their collective leg. But they did a good job in getting a Prelate voted out and having saved a "double kill" all game long, which they ended up needing. Magneto could have guarded tonight (create a power), but with the double kill in play and no one defending Vision by Prelate order, the wolves clinched the win.

I'm very interested to hear what people liked about the game, what sucked about the game (I've got a few things on my list), and what stuff is worth revamping for future games but maybe didn't work here.

I'm also interested in hearing if your character 'worked' for you. If not, what should have been different?

I wanted to post this since it was complained about in other places, but I thought the possession mechanic was really cool. I can see where others are coming from in that it can be annoying, but hey, so can dying. I dunno. Maybe if it was capped to just one day, or if the person being possessed was given something else to do it might be better, but I thought it was neat (and I felt that way even before it happened to me).

I really think my character 'worked' for me. It felt like my only power was basically a create-a-power, but the little reading I did on Scarlet Witch gave me some good ideas on what to do -- I had an arsenal of powers I created, even if I only used one of them. Also, since I didn't choose a character myself, I think you chose a good one for me, hoops -- the character really seemed to fit my own personality.

I think you screwed me by writing the night write-up after you executed a day action, though!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #4733
Beast
n00b

i also must say that the two different people posting as the scarlet witch today was the funniest thing i have ever seen, and also the most confusing.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #4734
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks to Hoops and Tyrith for running an excellent game, very hard work and very fun.

Thanks to a great team that I had to work with here. Everyone chipped in, everyone had great ideas at times and was one of the more fun wolf teams I've been a part of.

My apologies to anyone I made mad at me. I tried to ride a fine line the entire game by appearing to be good but also asserting my will when I needed to. Sorry to Chief and Passacaglia and Crim especially as I was perhaps a bit meaner then I needed to be in some of those arguements.

Finally, this was a very mentally exhausting game for me and I think my mind checked out at some point this morning. I think I nearly single handedly blew this entire game for our team today with carelessness.

No apology necessary at all, it's just a game! I really thought your meanness should have made it obvious that you were a wolf to everyone, though. While driving home, I was mulling over whether or not you were a wolf or a misguided villager (which I could have seen based on my story and the way things went down), but then I'd think about your tone as you said things and thought, "he's got to be a wolf!" In the end, though, since I didn't really trust the Vision very much, and since I figured it wouldn't kill you anyway, I only attacked you with one point today, but maybe I should have used more.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #4735
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
really...no one else....no one at all.

Nope - Tyrith is a blackheart. I feel pretty bad about this.

So, this is probably the biggest screw-up of the game. If you review the powers list for Firebird, it says that she does not identify her attacker if she is night-killed. This was a late addition to our ruleset, and when I processed the night actions I was looking at an earlier version of the characters (I have something like 10 different versions kicking around, from idea left over from 1st game right up to start). And that version had no such rule, so Firebird got a free peek at her "killer".

Bottom line - mistakes are going to happen in big, complicated games. Tyrith and I cross-checked each other constantly to try and minimize this, but we screwed this one up big-time and it really put Beast/Saldana in a lousy spot. I'm sure I would have made at least three bigger mistakes than this, and a ton more small ones, without Tyrith around to help me process the numbers and keep some sense of overall universe balance.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #4736
Beast
n00b

Quote:

i totally concur, Alan....we had a tremendous team of wolves, and every night, all 5 of us were putting our heads together (i assume the other 3 or 4 were after I was dead) coming up with the best plan possible and working strategies with one another.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #4737
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
i also must say that the two different people posting as the scarlet witch today was the funniest thing i have ever seen, and also the most confusing.

It was...I wish The Jackal could have posted more, but even when he was on today, he spent a lot of time just PMing me, which was a shame. It's annoying to try to PM yourself, and wait to get a PM from yourself in response, since either way, it says 1 unread message.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #4738
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
No apology necessary at all, it's just a game! I really thought your meanness should have made it obvious that you were a wolf to everyone, though. While driving home, I was mulling over whether or not you were a wolf or a misguided villager (which I could have seen based on my story and the way things went down), but then I'd think about your tone as you said things and thought, "he's got to be a wolf!" In the end, though, since I didn't really trust the Vision very much, and since I figured it wouldn't kill you anyway, I only attacked you with one point today, but maybe I should have used more.

Hoops told me at one point that he made a mental note when I am a wolf I attack less then when I am a villager. Maybe that affected me.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #4739
Tyrith
College Starter

Yeah, for me, the Beast mistake was a legitimate error, which is gonna happen in a game like this. The Hulk thing was a design decision that we knew about when we allowed the create - because Hulk was hijacked for the day by Ghost Rider - and it had the worst possible result.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #4740
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Just deleted the last PMs from this account, going to log out of here for good. One thing I didn't like about the game was how difficult it was for me at times going between browsers especially while working. I messed up at least 5 times and posted from my wrong account.

I thought the mechanic of not knowing who everyone was , was pretty neat though, so not complaining too much about it.. it just was overly difficult for me for some stupid reason to stop making mistakes
Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #4741
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow, Doom was Autumn. I felt sure by the end that he was DaddyTorgo. I had no read on anyone, and I think the only one I got right was Colossus bring RendeR -- which I'm pretty proud of, since he was so sure no one would figure him out!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #4742
chesapeake
College Starter

Well-played wolves. You folks twisted me into a knot so badly that I lost my will to resist. I feel badly for Pass and Crim because they deserved a better effort out of me today, but I had nothing left to give.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #4743
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just deleted the last PMs from this account, going to log out of here for good. One thing I didn't like about the game was how difficult it was for me at times going between browsers especially while working. I messed up at least 5 times and posted from my wrong account.

I thought the mechanic of not knowing who everyone was , was pretty neat though, so not complaining too much about it.. it just was overly difficult for me for some stupid reason to stop making mistakes

Speaking of PMs. I think I got nearly 1500 PMs this game. For a few days I was getting nearly 100-150 a day. I was getting them drom Doom, Mimic, Jean Grey.. getting them from the other rebels... getting replies from Hoopsguy and Tyrith... was forwarding some from one group to Hoopsguy and Tyrith, was paraprhasing one group to the rebels at times, etc...

I figured my undoing was going to be reply to the wrong pm with the wrong message at the wrong time at one point.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #4744
Tyrith
College Starter

Oh, and important note -

Dr. Doom never did scan Mr. Fantastic.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #4745
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Oh, and important note -

Yep, this ended up being kind of a big deal.

Also, when Samurai used the Cosmic Control Rod to take out Aardwolf, setting him up for next day lynch, and then passing it to MrF - that was when I figured it was pretty much game over.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #4746
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Alan, lol, no offense taken. (I almost started to type in android speak)

I WAS pissed, when i came home from work and saw what you were doing. I was furious in fact. But when Ghost Rider said "guess what bitch Magneto is out as Prelate" all the anger left me, and I knew it was over, and I almost woke the kids laughing.

I can't wait to go back to see how you pulled off the Madri vote. Really nice job! I hate you!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #4747
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I was lagged pretty bad when most of the Madri vote was going on -- that was the height of the making fun of me that led me to believe that Mr. F and Punisher were bad (still don't get why Punisher was so sure of everything if he was good), and I wasn't as forceful about that since by the time I was less lagged, talk of it had pretty much died down.

The scary thing about that Madri vote is that they got three votes without Cable joining. They had 2 rebels of the 5, and needed three votes, and since they got two votes from good guys, they were able to let Cable abstain.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #4748
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Oh, and important note -

That's so funny. I was thinking about this Sunday evening, with all the discussion we were having, pretty much centered on voting Cable.

I thought, "why is Mr. F getting a free pass, and everyone's talking about Magneto or I must be a rebel?"

I resolved to look into this exact angel, but forgot about it before bed time. Definitely wish I could have that one back.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #4749
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm off to remove those unsightly furrows from my garments again.

Thanks all for a great time!
Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #4750
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Wow, Doom was Autumn. I felt sure by the end that he was DaddyTorgo. I had no read on anyone, and I think the only one I got right was Colossus bring RendeR -- which I'm pretty proud of, since he was so sure no one would figure him out!

actually I was pretty sure he was Render too-given the aggresive way he usually plays in Werewolf games. So sorry Render
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote