Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #4901
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
And Paul Ryan. And Jonah Ryan.

doesn't really matter cause he's been hired by Fox News-guess he can sleep in the studio now.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #4902
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That sound you hear is the Koch brothers clutching at their (non-existent) hearts and screeching in existential terror:

Key Republicans Want to Scrap Health Bill's Tax Cuts for Wealthy - Bloomberg
Old 06-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #4903
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post

It's all just a long, rich con.

And anyone who supports or voted for 'ol Donnie Moscow that aren't already in his circle think they are getting a piece of the action...well, I have a few Carrier jobs to sell them.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #4904
Easy Mac

Well, I mean I guess at least Mika wasn't bleeding out of every orifice like Megyn.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:22 PM   #4905
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

I'm assuming that the Twitter-In-Chief's latest doozies are ridiculous enough to misdirect/hide whatever his next brilliant piece of legislation is. Any guesses on what it is? Goldman Sachs running the Russia probe now? Taxes will be considered optional for the wealthy? FOFC's Rock Tournament declared fake news since Kenny G isnt in it?
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:36 PM   #4906
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, I mean I guess at least Mika wasn't bleeding out of every orifice like Megyn.

Had no clue what you were talking about here-now I do:

Paul Ryan says Trump's Mika Brzezinski remark was not an 'appropriate comment' - The Washington Post
Old 06-29-2017, 12:44 PM   #4907
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm so old I remember when the wrong color suit was considered disrespectful of the office.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #4908
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

that's disrespectful of the orifice
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #4909
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'm so old I remember when the wrong color suit was considered disrespectful of the office.

You misspelled skin.

But on a serious note, Trump's Election Integrity Commission is sending out letters to states asking for all (public) voter rolls that include age/SSN/name/DOB/address/party affiliation. Clearly meant to be used for vote suppression.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #4910
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You misspelled skin.

But on a serious note, Trump's Election Integrity Commission is sending out letters to states asking for all (public) voter rolls that include age/SSN/name/DOB/address/party affiliation. Clearly meant to be used for vote suppression.

Party affiliation -- in states that require a declaration at least -- is usually part of the public record afaik.

And even where a declaration isn't required (such as Georgia) it's easy enough to figure out in most cases since the public record shows which party primary/primaries you voted in. (though I forget off hand how many years back that goes, I think it was more than five but no more than ten the last time I saw one)
Old 06-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #4911
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Party affiliation -- in states that require a declaration at least -- is usually part of the public record afaik.

And even where a declaration isn't required (such as Georgia) it's easy enough to figure out in most cases since the public record shows which party primary/primaries you voted in. (though I forget off hand how many years back that goes, I think it was more than five but no more than ten the last time I saw one)

Honest question, with your state's rights POV, would you consider this sort of "auditing", for lack of a better term, to be overreach by the feds?

I would actually not care much if it was more narrow in scope. There's no logical reason to ask for party affiliation unless you're trying to manufacture something.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:20 PM   #4912
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Honest question, with your state's rights POV, would you consider this sort of "auditing", for lack of a better term, to be overreach by the feds?

I would actually not care much if it was more narrow in scope. There's no logical reason to ask for party affiliation unless you're trying to manufacture something.

Gerrymandering is one thing that comes to mind.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #4913
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

State's rights for Jon mean the right to do the things he wants. I can't imagine there's a realistic way for someone like Kobach to overstep so that Jon would object.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:56 PM   #4914
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well this is interesting:

Lawmakers applaud after panel approves language revoking war authority | TheHill

Not sure if it ever turns into a full law but it passed the committee almost unanimously.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #4915
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Affiliation is part of the public record where it is declared. Both parties already have all of this info.

Where it's not declared, at least in Minnesota, there's no way to determine. The primaries are open and listed as one election.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:37 PM   #4916
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Well this is interesting:

Lawmakers applaud after panel approves language revoking war authority | TheHill

Not sure if it ever turns into a full law but it passed the committee almost unanimously.

I'm not sure this isn't anything more than a legal technicality (though it's getting lots of play on my social media). I heard a news story on NPR (I think) this week about bipartisan support for this measure because, in essence, we're on questionable legal grounds by extending this authorization so far and for so long. It's the job of Congress to approve military action...so this just amounts to taking that authority back to a case-by-case basis, like it should have been all along.

I'm not an expert, but it strikes me more as a procedural thing than a political thing.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:21 AM   #4917
Easy Mac

They're not racist though.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:54 AM   #4918
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump's Election Fraud Commission Asked States to Send Sensitive Voter Information Over Insecure Email

Seems like server security was a big issue at one time.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:50 AM   #4919
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So.. the big story of the morning was people in the White House called a morning politics talk show husband and wife and told them unless they personally called the president and begged him to spike the story, the National Enquirer was going to run a hit piece on them.

Let that sink in.

I mean seriously, it's not rising to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors, but it's another example of why Donald Trump is completely and totally unfit for the duties of the Presidency, and a disgrace to the office he holds.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:00 AM   #4920
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

But the more important story may be the GOP operative, who said he was working with Flynn, trying to get Clinton emails from Russian hackers.

That's not much by itself, but the noose keeps tightening.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:02 AM   #4921
Easy Mac

Quote:

Its just e-mails, who cares?
Old 06-30-2017, 09:09 AM   #4922
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So.. the big story of the morning was people in the White House called a morning politics talk show husband and wife and told them unless they personally called the president and begged him to spike the story, the National Enquirer was going to run a hit piece on them.

Let that sink in.

I mean seriously, it's not rising to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors, but it's another example of why Donald Trump is completely and totally unfit for the duties of the Presidency, and a disgrace to the office he holds.

He seems mentally ill.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #4923
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'd have to know what the purpose was. (Literally the only thing I know about this instance is what was posted here).

In & of itself, where party affiliation is part of the public record, it seems like a housekeeping thing with the request. In other words, if it's normally included with the information then to omit it would/could be forcing extra work to redact it. That's really the basis for my original reply, in & of itself the wording of the request has no red flag here.

--------------

In a broader sense, if this "Election Fraud Commission" (I think that's where the request was from, right?) is looking for patterns then it seems reasonable to have as much information as possible for the purpose of spotting any patterns that arise.

I haven't explored the legality/propriety of this EFC's very existence, nor am I likely to ... for the simple reason that I have no expectation that it will amount to much, if anything.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:37 PM   #4924
RainMaker
General Manager

Mississippi seems to care about State's Rights.

RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:13 AM   #4925
JediKooter
Coordinator

Why the fuck did I just see a commercial from Donnie Moscow asking for money? Campaign ended back in November.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:58 AM   #4926
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

This is an interesting read.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #4927
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Why the fuck did I just see a commercial from Donnie Moscow asking for money? Campaign ended back in November.

He started his reelection campaign on January 20th. Grifting is a full time job.

Last edited by bronconick : 07-01-2017 at 09:16 AM.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #4928
Thomkal
Head Coach

Apparently, he didn't read any of the tweets critcizing his earlier Joe and Mika tweets:
  1. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

Crazy Joe Scarborough and dumb as a rock Mika are not bad people, but their low rated show is dominated by their NBC bosses. Too bad!

19,503 replies 7,818 retweets 28,268 likes

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

I am extremely pleased to see that @CNN has finally been exposed as #FakeNews and garbage journalism. It's about time!

8,791 replies 11,581 retweets 38,665 likes

2. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago

Numerous states are refusing to give information to the very distinguished VOTER FRAUD PANEL. What are they trying to hide?

17,192 replies 9,757 retweets 30,883 likes

3. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago

Word is that @Greta Van Susteren was let go by her out of control bosses at @NBC & @Comcast because she refused to go along w/ 'Trump hate!'

Last edited by Thomkal : 07-01-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #4929
bronconick
College Starter

The guy who won't release his tax returns wants every registered voter SSN, DOB, and party affiliation. What an ass.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #4930
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
The guy who won't release his tax returns wants every registered voter SSN, DOB, and party affiliation. What an ass.

He reminds me of an episode of Black Mirror we watched last night where a fucking cartoon character just insulted all the other politicians in a county race and nearly got elected.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #4931
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
He started his reelection campaign on January 20th. Grifting is a full time job.

I'd donate money to PETA before I'd give his orange ass one red cent. He's the kind of guy that would flash a 20 and then swap it for a 10 when the cashier looks away and then bitch about crappy customer service.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:02 AM   #4932
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Apparently, he didn't read any of the tweets critcizing his earlier Joe and Mika tweets
I tend to side with the point of view that he simply can't help himself. His tweets--both positive and negative--are so frequently direct and near-real-time responses to something from cable news that the leaked stories that he consumes a ton of it are obviously true. He's obsessed with how he's viewed in the media, and that appears to drive him to the point of serious distraction. This piece from the National Review nailed it imo.

Donald Trump’s Media Obsession -- Mika Brzezinski Tweet Is Latest Example | National Review
Old 07-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #4933
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

He isn't President, he's PR Director for Trump Inc.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #4934
Ben E Lou

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:36 AM   #4935
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I tend to side with the point of view that he simply can't help himself. His tweets--both positive and negative--are so frequently direct and near-real-time responses to something from cable news that the leaked stories that he consumes a ton of it are obviously true. He's obsessed with how he's viewed in the media, and that appears to drive him to the point of serious distraction. This piece from the National Review nailed it imo.

Donald Trump’s Media Obsession -- Mika Brzezinski Tweet Is Latest Example | National Review

I see he finally responded to the people who were criticizing his social media usage with this:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 16h16 hours ago

My use of social media is not Presidential - it’s MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again!

And then followed it up with someone who looks like him tackling somebody at a WWF event with that person's head covered up with a CNN logo. So it looks like shaming him makes him go even lower.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #4936
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And then followed it up with someone who looks like him tackling somebody at a WWF event with that person's head covered up with a CNN logo. So it looks like shaming him makes him go even lower.

Stupid, unfit to be president, national embarrassment, all of that for sure... but...

Donald Trump punches CNN in a juvenile tweet - Jul. 2, 2017

Quote:
Some media figures expressed real concern that the video could encourage violence. Twitter had no immediate comment about whether the video violated its terms of service prohibiting "hateful conduct."

In a statement, CNN called it a "sad day when the President of the United States encourages violence against reporters."

Quote:
"We condemn the president's threat of physical violence against journalists," the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press said.

A WWE meme is a "threat of physical violence?" Please.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #4937
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

What do you think had a greater impact on the election: the person of Clinton or Obamacare?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if obama essentially doomed the next election cycles for something that is weak then poor short game. But if it was mostly about the person of Clinton then I can see thee being room for healthcare reform.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #4938
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Stupid, unfit to be president, national embarrassment, all of that for sure... but...

Donald Trump punches CNN in a juvenile tweet - Jul. 2, 2017

A WWE meme is a "threat of physical violence?" Please.

Yeah, many on the left are wayyyy overreacting. Call it dumb, sophomoric, unbecoming of the office, and I'm with you. But "HE IS TRYING TO INCITE TEH VIOLENCE" sounds like the kind of crazy that could get Trump re-elected.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #4939
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
What do you think had a greater impact on the election: the person of Clinton or Obamacare?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if obama essentially doomed the next election cycles for something that is weak then poor short game. But if it was mostly about the person of Clinton then I can see thee being room for healthcare reform.

It has to be a combo of both nominating an unlikable elderly candidate and significant premium increases so close to the election I'd think.
Plus Scalia picked a perfect time to die.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #4940
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think Clinton had a bigger impact. She single-handedly killed Democratic voter turnout. She reminded me of the politician woman from Black Sheep.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 07-02-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #4941
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I think Clinton had a bigger impact. She single-handedly killed Democratic voter turnout.

Wrong. She pulled as many total votes as Obie did.
Clinton won as many votes as Obama in 2012 — just not in the states where she needed them most - LA Times

But she helped improve Republican (and independent) voter turnout far more than she impacted Democratic turnout.

Non-voters in 2012 who voted in 2016 went Trump at a nearly 5:1 clip. How much of that was her vs how much was a candidate a lot of us could at least find some reason to hope for is debatable.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #4942
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I think Clinton had a bigger impact. She single-handedly killed Democratic voter turnout.

That may be the gutting of the Voting Rights Act you're thinking about.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:35 PM   #4943
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Chris Christie with the asshole move of the year.

Due to a budget impasse, all NJ parks are closed this weekend. Christie and his family went to Island Beach park and have the whole ten mile island to themselves with police turning everyone else away.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #4944
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Chris Christie with the asshole move of the year.

Due to a budget impasse, all NJ parks are closed this weekend. Christie and his family went to Island Beach park and have the whole ten mile island to themselves with police turning everyone else away.

wow good thing he's not running for office there ever again.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:44 AM   #4945
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Clinton won as many votes as Obama in 2012 — just not in the states where she needed them most - LA Times

But she helped improve Republican (and independent) voter turnout far more than she impacted Democratic turnout.

Non-voters in 2012 who voted in 2016 went Trump at a nearly 5:1 clip. How much of that was her vs how much was a candidate a lot of us could at least find some reason to hope for is debatable.

If we look at key swing states though (Michigan and Wisconsin importantly), she underperformed Obama, with Trump doing about the same number of votes that Romney did. Who knows the cause--probably not singularly Clinton, but the decrease in number of votes in those states, particularly the margins she won by in the key African American areas is striking.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:58 AM   #4946
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:

I think this is the absolute sign of the times politically. When is the last time there was a candidate that was able to get people to vote FOR them rather than simply AGAINST the opposition? Maybe I have rose-colored glasses on looking backward, but it just feels like American politics is more (entirely?) about screw the opposition than it is about supporting someone/something you believe in these days.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #4947
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I think a ton of people voted FOR Obama in 2008 and 2012. It was a much bigger phenomenon in 2008 though.

It will never happen, and I may have said it here before, I wish we would take the D and R away from a candidate's name on the ballot.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:43 AM   #4948
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
It has to be a combo of both nominating an unlikable elderly candidate and significant premium increases so close to the election I'd think.
Plus Scalia picked a perfect time to die.

I think the bolded part is likely the biggest unsung reason. Scalia hangs on for another year and all of a sudden, we likely have President Clinton. Lot of folks held their nose for Trump due to the immediacy of a Supreme Court nomination.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #4949
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I think the bolded part is likely the biggest unsung reason. Scalia hangs on for another year and all of a sudden, we likely have President Clinton. Lot of folks held their nose for Trump due to the immediacy of a Supreme Court nomination.

Not sure if I ever told the full story here, but that is what led me to ultimately pull the trigger for Trump. I sat in the booth for a full 10 minutes before doing so. The fact he had a list of court appointments, and the ones I dug into I liked. That pushed me over the edge.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #4950
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Yeah, many on the left are wayyyy overreacting. Call it dumb, sophomoric, unbecoming of the office, and I'm with you. But "HE IS TRYING TO INCITE TEH VIOLENCE" sounds like the kind of crazy that could get Trump re-elected.

I agree that in the vast majority of instances no one would or should see it as a call for violence. However, we shouldn't underestimate a certain group of Trump supporters and what they're capable of. They already believe the Clintons are murdering people left and right.

Journalist who revealed Neo-Nazi creator of Trump's CNN tweet now receiving death threats
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote