Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2005, 12:05 AM   #1
sooner333
College Starter

Poker Hand Question

All right, so I'm playing at my home game .50/1 blinds. I bought in about 40, up to 100 and the other chipleader has 2.50 less than I do.

I get dealt A-A, he bets 10 dollars into me, I re-raise 10 dollars, and he calls. he then offers to cap the betting. I decline.

The flop is something along the lines of 3s-Qh-9h, I don't have a heart. He says "well, since you didn't cap it, I'll bet 15", I re-raise all-in, and he flips his pocket queens.

Now, I know I should have played, and would have at least had to call the 15 dollar bet. Should I have taken the cap...I mean, I had the lead, and actually had him dominated the whole time. It was rough to lose the 100 bucks, but what should I have done differently, if anything?

sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I think you know the answer to this...

Of course you played it fine, except perhaps after the flop. But preflop there is absolutely no reason to take that cap.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:32 AM   #3
sooner333
College Starter

I mean, there was really no way to get out of it after the flop though. i guess I didn't need to go all-in (because that was really like taking a cap, except that I could lose all of my money). But, I probably had to call the 15. Then I would have called whatever else, and it would have turned into me draining maybe less money a little slower...but probably not all that much less (considering he had to have had me on Aces or Kings).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote