Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #1
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Refractive Eye Surgery

Just got LASEK done on Monday. I was awake for maybe eight to ten hours Tuesday and Wednesday combined, and I was finally able to open my eyes yesterday for more than a fifteen minute stretch. I have my follow-up appointment today, so I'll see how good my eyes are initially (they can get better up to six months from the time of surgery). I was a moderate myope (-4.0 diopter), so I'm hoping for at least 20/20 vision.

Oh, for those who say it doesn't hurt, my vasectomy hurt less than the eye surgery. It probably didn't help that I watched the nine people ahead of me get their surgery done on a monitor.

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
moriarty
College Starter

Wow, I had no idea it put you out of commission for so long. I may have to rethink getting the procedure done.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

My wife had it done around a month ago and currently has 20/15 vision in both eyes (she had very poor vision prior to).
Old 05-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
Wow, I had no idea it put you out of commission for so long. I may have to rethink getting the procedure done.
I think it depends on the patient and the type of surgery performed. From what I know, LASIK has a much faster recovery time and PRK has a slower recovery time. Also, I heal poorly (still have the raspberries from when I was in Little League).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Also, I heal poorly
*I put on my robe and wizard hat*
Old 05-13-2005, 09:58 AM   #6
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Hm....I had the surgery 5 years ago. The night of the surgery my vision was blurry, the next morning when I woke up to go for my follow up and I could see 20-20. I was back to work that afternoon. I don't recall any pain from the surgery, just a slight discomfort.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

There was a little discomfort the first day or two for me, but an hour after the surgery, I took a nap for a couple hours, woke up, and was on the computer. Little sensitive to light, but nowhere near that bad.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
There was a little discomfort the first day or two for me, but an hour after the surgery, I took a nap for a couple hours, woke up, and was on the computer. Little sensitive to light, but nowhere near that bad.

That was pretty much the same for my wife when she had it done. They kept her for like half an hour after the surgery to make sure she was ok, then I took her home, she took a nap for about 3-4 hours and woke up feeling fine and with perfect vision. She didn't have any pain, just dry eyes for a few weeks. She still uses eye drops in the mornings, but that's about it.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #9
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Just got LASEK done on Monday. I was awake for maybe eight to ten hours Tuesday and Wednesday combined, and I was finally able to open my eyes yesterday for more than a fifteen minute stretch. I have my follow-up appointment today, so I'll see how good my eyes are initially (they can get better up to six months from the time of surgery). I was a moderate myope (-4.0 diopter), so I'm hoping for at least 20/20 vision.

Oh, for those who say it doesn't hurt, my vasectomy hurt less than the eye surgery. It probably didn't help that I watched the nine people ahead of me get their surgery done on a monitor.

Mine didn't hurt much. Got it done, my eyes burned afterwards. Went home, went to sleep, the next day I had good vision but couldn't really "focus" on anything. By day 2, I was fine.

I was pretty blind and it got my vision to 20/30.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote