Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #101
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Matthean, is it one of the ones that is automatically on? For example, the Defense skill that boosts shield block is automatically applied, without taking any energy cost.

Just went and looked it up, and it is a passive skill.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 PM   #102
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Level 2 Dream, Fadeaway
Level 7 Storm, Korakin
Level 2 Warfare, Matthean
Level 8 Nature, Autumn Grace

Ok, I officially like Storm a lot. Basically working the shard power with a little enhancing the weapons for melee stuff. Will start to work in some AoE soon to help smooth out some spots when they send a ton of guys. Anybody ever run a "pure" Storm character as in only taking Storm as their power set? Any other power sets that go with it that work well?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:35 PM   #103
Danny
Head Coach

My level 16 druid is almost completely storm. I think nature provides a nice addition to that with heart of oak and eventually a skill which reduces the recharge time for all skills.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 AM   #104
gi
College Prospect

I liked spirit with my storm character. Felt the combo worked very well in legendary.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #105
Eilim
High School Varsity

Spirit goes well with everything. To the point of being broken if your a staff wielder.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #106
Danny
Head Coach

Bit of an update, my conquerer is towards the end of epic difficulty. I played epic very differently and it's taking me about a 1/3 of the time, I also find it much easier as the character with all the skills and gear tears through everything.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #107
Danny
Head Coach

I am also kind of cheating now, I'm using a mod and am increasing experience gained by x2, so while I end up at the same level because I skip killing a lot of regular mods, i'm enjoying leveling through the game at a fast pace since I finished once without it. I'll likely go back to regular on legendary, but epic seems kind of a tweener difficulty, I'd rather get to legendary.

The mod also has stackable potions, flying bodies and tons of other options. It's fun to play with sometimes.

Last edited by Danny : 04-02-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #108
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilim View Post
Spirit goes well with everything. To the point of being broken if your a staff wielder.

Not sure where I'm going with the Storm character so I'm not sure how much a staff plays part of it, but Spirit is one set I haven't really planned on taking just yet. I could probably make a Spirit character and go the staff route just to try it out. Going on vacation, so I'll have time to mule over what secondary I want.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #109
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Level 2 Dream, Fadeaway
Level 10 Storm, Korakin
Level 2 Warfare, Matthean
Level 8 Nature/dream, Autumn Grace
Level 8 Spirit, Morticane

Updating again. Still going with a pure Storm as of this moment as I kind of still get a feel for stuff. Really feel like I'm cake walking most of the content outside of the monster battles. Also taking notes about sets and how to build guys as I level up. Hopefully at some point I just can get the idea for a build and hammer it out pretty much in my head enough to where there is very little guess work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilim View Post

My character list obviously shows I broke down and made a Spirit character. I do 2 points into my mastery and one into the skills so 2-5 it was ok. Where it felt like it started to get broken was when I hit level 6 and got the Lich King. I love the fact I can do either the staff and crank out a high amount of damage with the Lich King, or go into melee and use the one skill that does damage while stealing life. It makes me rather sturdy even if my melee damge is lacking.

I would say this for Spirit, but it's more across other sets as well. I really like how they made skills that can be used in ranged, melee, utility, etc pretty much in any set, so it gives you so many build options and you doesn't limit you in sticking with certain mastery sets.

Oh, I have yet to get a blue item on a guy before tonight and I might of had a one green one before tonight as well. My Spirit character got 3 blue drops including a obsidian armor piece in his one play session tonight. He was level 5-6 and getting stuff that had level 11-14 level requirements.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #110
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

thread resurrection alert!

I bought Titan Quest Gold from Steam over the Holidays but I've yet to play it. Was thinking of firing it up in between play session of King's Bounty but I got a question.

TQ Gold comes with both the original game and the Immortal Throne expansion. My question is the following: Should I start playing with the original game, try to finish it in order to subsequently start another game with Immortal Throne, or should I install and fire up Immortal Throne right away?

Essentially, I'm asking if the expansion simply adds new stuff to the original game, à la Civ IV Warlord (& Beyond the Sword) or if it's a separate game entirely.

Thanks in advance.

FM
Old 02-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #111
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
thread resurrection alert!

I bought Titan Quest Gold from Steam over the Holidays but I've yet to play it. Was thinking of firing it up in between play session of King's Bounty but I got a question.

TQ Gold comes with both the original game and the Immortal Throne expansion. My question is the following: Should I start playing with the original game, try to finish it in order to subsequently start another game with Immortal Throne, or should I install and fire up Immortal Throne right away?

Essentially, I'm asking if the expansion simply adds new stuff to the original game, à la Civ IV Warlord (& Beyond the Sword) or if it's a separate game entirely.

Thanks in advance.

FM

FM,

Go ahead and install the expansion and start a game with it. The expansion adds a few neat features to the core game including an extra class, a disenchanter, and a few other nice perks. Also, it includes an extra chapter to the story that starts seamlessly after you beat the core original game. No good reason not to play with the expansion now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #112
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
FM,

Go ahead and install the expansion and start a game with it. The expansion adds a few neat features to the core game including an extra class, a disenchanter, and a few other nice perks. Also, it includes an extra chapter to the story that starts seamlessly after you beat the core original game. No good reason not to play with the expansion now.

thanks for the info. Reading about it on the forum here, I thought it was really an addition and not really a whole new game. So basically, I'll play the original story, but with the additions of the expansions, right?

Guess I'll download and install the expansion tonight.

FM
Old 02-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
thanks for the info. Reading about it on the forum here, I thought it was really an addition and not really a whole new game. So basically, I'll play the original story, but with the additions of the expansions, right?

Guess I'll download and install the expansion tonight.

FM

Yes, I've played the game with and without the expansion and the original story is the same. However, the additions of the expansion add some convenience features that make a very good game even better.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #114
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Yes, I've played the game with and without the expansion and the original story is the same. However, the additions of the expansion add some convenience features that make a very good game even better.

Very cool, thanks a lot for the info!

FM
Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #115
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, one more stupid question, re: game difficulty. Should I go with with normal or epic on that first run? Is one or the other more enjoyable/difficult?

I'm kinda avoiding legendary to avoid behind utterly frustrated.

FM
Old 02-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #116
hoopsguy
General Manager

FrogMan, you don't get to pick. You start with Normal, then move up to the next level after you've finished.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #117
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
FrogMan, you don't get to pick. You start with Normal, then move up to the next level after you've finished.

oh? Remember testing the game by creating one character and saw the difficulty levels but didn't check if they were "checkable" or not...

So to play on Legendary, you actually have to finish the game twice first? Thanks kinda odd...

FM
Old 02-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #118
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
oh? Remember testing the game by creating one character and saw the difficulty levels but didn't check if they were "checkable" or not...

So to play on Legendary, you actually have to finish the game twice first? Thanks kinda odd...

FM

FYI, once you complete Normal and go to Epic, you get a cross the board penalty in your resistances so you by default don't want to just simply go to the higher difficulty settings.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #119
JPhillips
General Manager

The Ragnarok DLC does a number on the graphics of the original. It isn't quite Grim Dawn, but it looks really good for such an old game.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #120
QuikSand
lolzcat

Agreed, I have gotten some nice extra play out of an old favorite with the Ragnarok DLC. Haven't even gotten that deep, but it's nice.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #121
djsatu
High School Varsity

Pleasently surprised with the PS4 version. Controls are simple, and i'm loving the game so far after a few hours. For 25 bucks, I can see myself playing through this more than once.
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #122
QuikSand
lolzcat

It’s fascinating to me how narrow the “groove” is for a game I love. I’ve played a fair number of RPG games a bit, and loved a few. I LOVED this game, but never got much from Torchlight, which is awfully close to being the same game (seems to me).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:33 PM   #123
JPhillips
General Manager

One of the "simple" things TQ does well is the space between save points. They really nailed the distance that gives time to play, but doesn't keep you playing well past your interest because of the need to get to a save point.

TQ does some many things right.