Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2004, 05:40 PM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

OT - Been polled lately?

Having just finished another telephone campaign survey, I was just wondering how many other people have gotten a legit (best you could tell) political survey lately?

I don't count all the various "vote for me", "vote for my good friend" calls, I'm just talking about "who are you voting for" surveys.

This one was actually one of the better ones I've heard in quite a while, oddly enough for a fairly low profile state House race. The caller was personable, the questions were long but fairly well written so you could understand them.

About halfway through, I thought I had figured out who was paying for it because of the push/pull nature of a few questions, but then there was a batch of push/pull questions for the other candidate, so I'm back to "undecided" about who funded the poll.

Anyhow, since it is that time of year, I wondered who else was getting called & what race(s) the calls were about.

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:48 PM   #2
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've been getting a lot of calls lately. The last one was an "issues" poll that seemed pretty slanted (my favorite question was "Are you in favor of not having your taxes raised?") but I got several right before our recent NC primaries.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:41 PM   #3
Easy Mac

I've never gotten one, but I did a few calls in college for a class. The kids we called (other students) were actually pretty nice, which was really surprising.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Being in a non-battleground state, I haven't been bothered in months. That time it was all about the gay marriage ban.. which was so obviously bought and paid for by the Catholic Church that I gave the opposite answers just to piss off whoever.. (it was an automated survey, so I didn't get to use advanced techniques
Old 08-19-2004, 07:55 PM   #5
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

I get calls every 2 years. I don't know why, but I get them every election year. Seems like someone really needs to know why I haven't picked a candidate yet.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:58 PM   #6
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I was under the impression that GA was a no doubt Republican state- which is why Jon's polling strikes me as interesting..
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:10 PM   #7
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I never get them, which is probably a good thing because I don't think they want to hear "I don't know" and "I'm not voting for anybody."
Old 08-19-2004, 11:20 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadik
I was under the impression that GA was a no doubt Republican state- which is why Jon's polling strikes me as interesting..

At the federal level that's true, and perhaps to some degree for certain state positions. But at the local level, the design of the districts makes things a lot more up for grabs.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:21 PM   #9
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I never answer them. to suspicious that it's a telemarketer up to no good somehow.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:49 PM   #10
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
At the federal level that's true, and perhaps to some degree for certain state positions. But at the local level, the design of the districts makes things a lot more up for grabs.

Aha yes- Tom De Lay's Texas gerrymandering was pre-empted by Georgia democrats doing the same thing, right (if I recall my events correctly) ?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote