Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #2451
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So it looks like I'm done for. That's a real shame. Let's think about this reveal for a second: Lathum is claiming to have have been the seer. How many seers do we really think are running around here? We know Glengoyne was a seer. What makes us think that, in addition to the soft seer abilities that I, and a couple others, seem to possess we'd have an outright traditional seer? I just don't think Lathum's story adds up and I'm sorry that I was the target of this smear having been sitting in jail, while people get killed, these past couple of days.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #2452
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So your visit to me yesterday obviously didn't give you any indication of my alliegance?

No, Idon't get any indication of your allegiance. i get an indication of your vices and whether they have overcome you.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #2453
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
If you want to waste your night action, good luck finding me.

Sounds personal.

Not a waste when you insist on not being helpful to the village.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:33 PM   #2454
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So it looks like I'm done for. That's a real shame. Let's think about this reveal for a second: Lathum is claiming to have have been the seer. How many seers do we really think are running around here? We know Glengoyne was a seer. What makes us think that, in addition to the soft seer abilities that I, and a couple others, seem to possess we'd have an outright traditional seer? I just don't think Lathum's story adds up and I'm sorry that I was the target of this smear having been sitting in jail, while people get killed, these past couple of days.

And if it doesn't add up, Lathum is done for so.

By the way, he isn't representing a full seer but i guess you have to try and slant it however you can to try and stay alive since you are done for seeing as Lathum outed you as a cowboy.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #2455
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What's going on today? Lathum confirms that Barkeep is a cowboy, so we're satisfied? Well, I'm not!

ntn, after viewing path last night, why do you think it is a good idea to lynch him?

What did everyone learn last night? This is the first day where there's not much information sharing going on. What gives?

actually it wasn't last night that iviewed him as I got in late from practice and did not think to send in a nigt action. However my viewing path has really little to do with my vote. I think executing just Barkeep is being overly cautious. And since we have a verifiable bit of info with Lathum, we can verify that info first before we lynch him.

I would like to say that if the cowboys are getting desparate throwing one of the two under the bus is not so crazy as it solidifies as safe a cowboy. I am not claiming that is happening here but it is something to look at.
I do believe LAthum though at this point. at least his role, as that is what ithought it was.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #2456
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
No, Idon't get any indication of your allegiance. i get an indication of your vices and whether they have overcome you.

So then you were aware that I have not been converted, right?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #2457
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Is it possible for the villagers to convert cowboys?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:22 PM   #2458
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
If you want to waste your night action, good luck finding me.

So I'm reading this to say that if you use your ability to impersonate someone else Chubby won't be able to arrest you -- and that you are quite willing to do that to avoid being arrested.

Boy, that would be an unhelpful move for the village. If I had a showdown ability I'd sure have to think this over very carefully....
Old 10-18-2006, 06:22 PM   #2459
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Is it possible for the villagers to convert cowboys?

Smart ass.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #2460
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Barkeep is pretty much saying what i figured he would say. I am a fan of only one lynch tonight and then see what happens in the night.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #2461
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Barkeep is pretty much saying what i figured he would say. I am a fan of only one lynch tonight and then see what happens in the night.
Of course you figured me to call you a liar when you chose to lie.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #2462
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vote Path
Vote Barkeep

Jail Anxiety

I voted for Barkeep yesterday and nothing has changed my mind today.

Path has played a pretty quiet game up to this point and hasn't really given us much to work with. If there had been another kill last night, I probably wouldn't vote for him today, but I feel like there must be two more cowboys living and he is on the shortlist of my suspects, so this is the only way to tell.

Anxiety, Racer, and Lathum had been in my second tier of suspects, but now Lathum has climbed out a bit. Racer is in jail and I would feel safer if Anxiety joined him.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #2463
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Vote Path
Vote Barkeep

Jail Anxiety

I voted for Barkeep yesterday and nothing has changed my mind today.

Path has played a pretty quiet game up to this point and hasn't really given us much to work with. If there had been another kill last night, I probably wouldn't vote for him today, but I feel like there must be two more cowboys living and he is on the shortlist of my suspects, so this is the only way to tell.

Anxiety, Racer, and Lathum had been in my second tier of suspects, but now Lathum has climbed out a bit. Racer is in jail and I would feel safer if Anxiety joined him.

You have to use lynch instead of vote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #2464
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
You have to use lynch instead of vote

Doh.. glad I checked back in before 9:00.

Lynch Path
Lynch Barkeep
Old 10-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #2465
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think there is enough here to go on that we should lynch Barkeep. It's a one-for-one, as has been mentioned. If Barkeep is a villager, it's worth it to hang him to get Lathum. But it's such an obvious play that would result in his death, that I do not believe Lathum is lying. So Barkeep is a cowboy and we need to hang him.

LYNCH BARKEEP

I am holding off on Path for now, because I believe Lathum. If I didn't believe Lathum, I would have to have room to put Lathum in the pokey tonight, and I would rather have Anxiety in there, with his suspicious actions today (hoping we can catch him then).

If I didn't believe Lathum (but saw we needed to lynch Barkeep), I would also want to lynch path, so we could put both Lathum and Anxiety in jail.

So hopefully Lathum is telling the truth. I approached him last night, but he blew my off, so I guess women ain't his thing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #2466
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I approached him last night, but he blew my off, so I guess women ain't his thing.

There's your answer right there

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #2467
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I approached him last night, but he blew my off, so I guess women ain't his thing.

i prefer horses
Old 10-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #2468
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

timecheck

tho i'm sure it's past 9 by now...
Old 10-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #2469
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The day starts off quietly, with no night kill most of the town seem a little less concerned about lynching a cowboy today. That is until the reminder is brought forward by Lathum as clear as day. Lathum calls out to the crowd while pointing at Barkeep,"He is a cowboy and I can prove it!"

The townspeople all rally around Lathum, and unanimously vote to have Barkeep lynched. The other prisoners appear to have been forgotten for at least one day. Chubby calls for the deputys to go fetch the prisoner, and to be a bit more careful today about it.

Barkeep comes out and is promptly hung before the town. After making sure he was dead, chubby looks him over and finds a clean red sash on his posessions. (Makes you wonder why the sheriff doesnt check before hanging him!)

Election votes: (6 votes needed for new sheriff)

No new sheriff votes.

Lynch votes: (6 votes needed for lynch)

(9) Barkeep - Lathum (2405), Anxiety (2407), Racer (2409), Chubby (2410), path (2417), spleen (2420), ntndeacon (2426), Swaggs (2464), Chief Rum (2465)

(3) path12 - ntndeacon (2426), spleen (2433), Swaggs (2464)

(0) Racer -

We are now in night 8. PMs are due by Thursday morning at 9:00am EST
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #2470
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Barkeep is a cowboy and we still have at least one left...
Old 10-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #2471
Swaggs
Coordinator

We are in great shape now.

Chubby, I think you should leave Racer and Path and add Anxiety.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #2472
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Chalk one up for the good guys!!!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #2473
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
...We know Glengoyne was a seer...

I could have been faking it. I didn't find any cowboys!

Damn, that Hoopsguy screwed me up.

I had started to doubt myself for a while.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 10-18-2006 at 08:39 PM. Reason: because I can!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #2474
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

i hope the other cowboy (s) are in jail already otherwise i may not live throught the noght
Old 10-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #2475
spleen1015
Coordinator

Sweet. Good work everyone. I wish we had hanged him yesterday, but we got him regardless.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:14 PM   #2476
spleen1015
Coordinator

Just to confirm for everyone, cleaning up Barkeep's body, I found various drink recipes and bar tabs in his pockets, nothing else.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #2477
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

As of two nights ago yes you had not succumbed to your vice. I hate to tell you that does not clear you though.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #2478
st.cronin
General Manager

Talking

Quote:
Just to confirm for everyone, cleaning up Barkeep's body, I found various drink recipes and bar tabs in his pockets, nothing else.

Could you please publish some of those drink recipes ... I'm having a party later this month.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #2479
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
As of two nights ago yes you had not succumbed to your vice. I hate to tell you that does not clear you though.

I'm aware of that, I just wanted to be clear that I hadn't been converted, since the next night was the one where I was tossed into the pokey.

So who was? Do we think BK, hoops and cronin were the originals? Does it matter? Personally I'd lean that BK was a convert but that's just tossing out ideas while Racer and I sit around.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #2480
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Could you please publish some of those drink recipes ... I'm having a party later this month.

Sadly, I didn't get that information.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #2481
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

ice in glass
jack daniels 2/3rds the way up.
a little coke for color
Old 10-19-2006, 01:17 AM   #2482
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So who was? Do we think BK, hoops and cronin were the originals? Does it matter? Personally I'd lean that BK was a convert but that's just tossing out ideas while Racer and I sit around.

The only person who has said there was a conversion is hoops, and he said he did knew it from a role mechanism that was not the role he ended up having, so I'm not even sure we have had a conversion.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:04 AM   #2483
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The only person who has said there was a conversion is hoops, and he said he did knew it from a role mechanism that was not the role he ended up having, so I'm not even sure we have had a conversion.

at this point i'm not willing to believe anything hoops said.

I think best case scenerio is that the last cowboy is in jail and aty worst I think there is probably only one left so he can only kill every other night or come up tired and be a huge target. Whatever happens last night will be very telltale for us.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #2484
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Hopefully we find out before I have to leave.

I have to go do my final home inspection (have to be there at 10 est) then go to closing then go to work til 10:30pm so hopefully Alan has the info up before I have to head out around 9:30ish. Otherwise I'll just get my lynch votes in early since I will be gone til after the deadline (but i want to be able to pass any info I get in my PMs along if I can)
Old 10-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #2485
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have night results all typed up and ready to go out. Just waiting for deadline now, unless there are last minute changes from anyone or something comes up at work that gets in the way
Old 10-19-2006, 07:48 AM   #2486
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Cool. Shouldn't be an issue then.

I'm so not going to want to to go work for 9 hours right after I close on my new house
Old 10-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #2487
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Call in sick!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:52 AM   #2488
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Cool. Shouldn't be an issue then.

I'm so not going to want to to go work for 9 hours right after I close on my new house

tell them your near the end of a paticuraly enjoyable game of werewolf and a guy has to have priorities.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:52 AM   #2489
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

But then I would have to paint/clean and I'd rather let my gf and my mom take care of that

I'm much better at the moving/unpacking/setting up phase.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:54 AM   #2490
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But then I would have to paint/clean and I'd rather let my gf and my mom take care of that

I'm much better at the moving/unpacking/setting up phase.

Ugh, I pretty much hate all aspects of moving.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:58 AM   #2491
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I don't "like" moving but I'd rather do the parts that aren't the worst IMO Setting up the game room downstairs will be fun! We already got a poker table/chips and an air hockey/ping pong table. Next up is cork dartboard.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:05 AM   #2492
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

After the lynching of another cowboy yesterday the spirits of the townspeople seem high. A good number of the villagers go to the local saloon for drinks afterwards. Unfortunatly there still has been no one new hired to serve the drinks there. The conversation is pretty upbeat however and many speculate on how many cowboys are actually left.

Finally everyone turns in for the night, and from all reports it was a fairly peaceful night for most. For the second straight day there is no shouting of murders in the night, no apparent cowboy action. Maybe they are finally on the run?

A new poster has been placed on the wall of the townjail however. The poster reads: "Wanted: Anxiety, dead or alive".

Tired players:
None

Current Sheriff:
Chubby

Currently in Jail:
Path12
Racer

Deadline for Day 9: 9:00pm EST Thursday night. Your current sheriff is still alive, so a new sheriff is not needed. If you wish to elect a new sheriff, please do so by posting:

elect playername

Sheriff election is not mandatory as not voting confirms your desire to keep the current sheriff. For a new sheriff to be elected, they must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople vote. (6 votes)

There are two valid players for lynch votes today: Path12 and Racer. If you do not post any lynch vote, it is assumed you wish to not lynch them. To lynch players please post as:

Lynch playername.

To lynch multiple players, please post:

Lynch playername
Lynch playername2

In order to lynch a player you must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople's vote. (6 votes)
Old 10-19-2006, 08:08 AM   #2493
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Lynch Racer

Ok, obviously Anxiety posed as Chief Rum last night but evidentally our characters are retarded and can't remember past events...

So once Anxiety posts we can arrest him right?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:09 AM   #2494
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok so my 2 theories are this assuming there is only one cowboy left

1. the last cowboy is in jail

2. Anxiety is the last cowboy and is on the run, my question about this is if he has the abilitie to "disguise" himself as the last cowboy how will we ever find him?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #2495
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lynch Racer

Ok, obviously Anxiety posed as Chief Rum last night but evidentally our characters are retarded and can't remember past events...

You can only do day actions to Anxiety if you have a day action as part of your role or occupation.

And don't blame me for your character's intelligence level. Maybe someone should have protected the school teacher!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 AM   #2496
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Lynch Racer

I'm assuming you saw Chief Rum at Anxiety's house last night? If this is the case, I think it is a safe assumption that Anxiety is a cowboy. Does anyone have a showdown left? We could take him out that way.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 AM   #2497
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

just throwing this out there, Im not sure if it's possible and if anyone thinks this is a bad idea I am ok with that. If anxiety is able to hide at night maybe someone with showdown ability should use it during the day on anxiety?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 AM   #2498
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I think it's best to off one at a time again. Racer disappeared yesterday, didn't even vote and his character wasn't surprised to see me when I arrested him two nights ago so I think he's our best bet (I certainly suspect him more than path) until we arrest Anxiety (which if we don't I support lynching both racer and anxiety today).

Supposedly bulletsponge doesn't have any more showdowns but with the Wanted poster he may get another one. I don't have a showdown and I'd be surprised if the Pony Express Rider has one (we're the only 3 known with guns) so hopefully I triggered bullet getting a 2nd showdown with the poster...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:12 AM   #2499
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol, get out of my head dude...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #2500
spleen1015
Coordinator

If the last cowboy is in jail, I think it is a good idea to lynch both folks in jail just to make sure we get him, right?