Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #2501
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum - I don't think we have any choice but to try and force a showdown with Anxiety.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 AM   #2502
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

leaving for work soon

vote lynch racer

I am tempted to vote path as well and try to end it now but I am worried about diminishing out numbers to much with anxiety still out there.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #2503
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

spleen - we don't know that the last cowboy is in jail. I suspect Racer much more than path at this point and Anxiety is just as suspicious.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #2504
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Wanted: Dead or Alive

should mean we can shoot Anxiety on sight
Old 10-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #2505
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
If the last cowboy is in jail, I think it is a good idea to lynch both folks in jail just to make sure we get him, right?

I think it's best to resolve the anxiety situation first, path isn't going anywhere and if they are both cowboys we will be safe at night, I can taste a win but I don't wanna rush into this blind.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 AM   #2506
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

chubby, I have a gun but it is purely for protection unless there is something like you mentioned built into the game. I gotta run, I may not be back untill right before the deadline.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 AM   #2507
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum - I figured you wouldn't have a showdown associated with your role as I don't have one either. There has to be something built in or the game would be over since I can't catch him at night. I'm hoping bullet gets another showdown with me posting the Dead or Alive poster.

And I agree with leaving path alone for today, he's not going anywhere and we've had no attacks two nights in a row.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #2508
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Off to work.

If anyone has any day actions to use against Anxiety they should use them today (bullet, as Sheriff I authorize you to bring Anxiety via any means nescessary )
Old 10-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #2509
spleen1015
Coordinator

What you guys are saying makes sense.

LYNCH Racer
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #2510
Swaggs
Coordinator

I feel like it is time for me to make my final reveal.

As mayor of Tombstone, I obviously have the power to remove a player from a lynch, as I did with GE on Day 1. I also have the ability to change a lynch from one player to another. I can only do each once per game and was saving the changed lynch to keep me alive, if needed.

Since we are near endgame, I would consider using it on Anxiety. But I would want it to be a consensus decision from everyone, on who to take the lynch away from and whether or not to assign it to someone (Anxiety in this case).

I am voting for both jailed players at this point. Neither has done anything much to clear themselves and there have been no kills since they have been jailed. If they want to start presenting their defenses, now is the time.

Lynch Racer
Lynch Path
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:37 AM   #2511
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

As mayor of Tombstone, I obviously have the power to remove a player from a lynch, as I did with GE on Day 1. I also have the ability to change a lynch from one player to another. I can only do each once per game and was saving the changed lynch to keep me alive, if needed.

Since we are near endgame, I would consider using it on Anxiety. But I would want it to be a consensus decision from everyone, on who to take the lynch away from and whether or not to assign it to someone (Anxiety in this case).

I am voting for both jailed players at this point. Neither has done anything much to clear themselves and there have been no kills since they have been jailed. If they want to start presenting their defenses, now is the time.

Lynch Racer
Lynch Path

Now, that is interesting. We could vote to lynch path and let Swaggs move it to Anxiety.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #2512
Swaggs
Coordinator

Alright fellas, I have a long day ahead and won't have any access till this evening. I should be back in plenty of time to make the mayor change, if need be.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:50 AM   #2513
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I think it's best to off one at a time again. Racer disappeared yesterday, didn't even vote and his character wasn't surprised to see me when I arrested him two nights ago so I think he's our best bet (I certainly suspect him more than path) until we arrest Anxiety (which if we don't I support lynching both racer and anxiety today).

Supposedly bulletsponge doesn't have any more showdowns but with the Wanted poster he may get another one. I don't have a showdown and I'd be surprised if the Pony Express Rider has one (we're the only 3 known with guns) so hopefully I triggered bullet getting a 2nd showdown with the poster...

I voted for Barkeep yesterday. I also originally voted for path, but later retracted my vote. Why would I be surprised when people having been voting to send me to jail for several days now?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #2514
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Lynch Racer
Lynch Path

Swaggs, if you can switch a lynch to Anxiety, why wouldn't you do it? His behavior was awfully crazy yesterday. I already defended myself prior to being sent to jail. I don't really have any new reasons why I shouldn't be lynched so I think it would be pointless to defend myself with the same reasons as I did before. Just don't be surprised when it turns out I am a villager. I will vote for Path if Swaggs promises to switch his lynching to Anxiety.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #2515
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Hell, I'd vote for myself to be lynched if you promised to switch my lynching to Anxiety with the stipulation that you would lynch me tomorrow if Anxiety was a villager.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 AM   #2516
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I know I making a lot of posts in a row, but I have one more thing to say. If by some chance I need one more vote to be lynched near the deadline and path does not have enough votes to be lynched, then I will be voting for myself to be lynched in hopes that Swaggs switches my lynching to Anxiety.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #2517
hoopsguy
General Manager

You guys would have a showdown available if you had not lynched me ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #2518
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If the last cowboy is in jail, I think it is a good idea to lynch both folks in jail just to make sure we get him, right?

Jeezus, you are just itchin' to hang me, aren't you?

I think you've got a point, even though it means killing a villager -- I'll be happy to go down if Racer is bad. A one-for-one trade is a small price to nab the last cowboy.

But it sure looks to me that Anxiety is the one that has the upper hand right now.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #2519
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I would like to point out to all of the "Kill Anxiety" bandwagon people that if I were a bad guy, I would have just answered the questions yesterday and not rocked the boat. I think its so funny that you are all so quick to move to me. Maybe that's because one or more of the people pushing for me are cowboys themselves?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #2520
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'd also like to point out that Chubby thought me not revleaing my gun status hurt the villagers, yet him not jailing someone last night, which he knew would happen if he went after me, was a greater offense to the village.

In other words, if you don't like me choosing to keep my gun info safe, then you really shouldn't like Chubby's actions.

See you in a few hours.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:43 AM   #2521
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and I buy into the lynch the two guys we have currently and kill that there cowboy if in jail theory:

Lynch Path
Lynch Racer

Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #2522
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I believe we should lynch both players in Jail too. If we only Lynch one then there is a chance we choose wrongly. If that gets the last cowboy it is a good trade.
Lynch Path
Lynch Racer
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #2523
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I'd also like to point out that Chubby thought me not revleaing my gun status hurt the villagers, yet him not jailing someone last night, which he knew would happen if he went after me, was a greater offense to the village.

In other words, if you don't like me choosing to keep my gun info safe, then you really shouldn't like Chubby's actions.

See you in a few hours.

It was my impression that he tried to jail you last night and encountered Chief Rum instead. What did you do last night with your night actions?
Old 10-19-2006, 10:59 AM   #2524
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am going to vote to

LYNCH path12

It makes sense to get them both since the last cowboy could be one of them.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #2525
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It was my impression that he tried to jail you last night and encountered Chief Rum instead. ...

Anxiety may or may not be a cowboy, but I'd imagine that cross dressing in Tombstone would be a dangerous habit.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #2526
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I think lynching both of us is a poor strategy. Assuming the Cowboy is still free, there is a small chance that the reason there was not a lynching last night is because he/she felt it would incriminate both path and I causing us both to get lynched. Thus he/she is able to get an additional kill and thus a slightly higher chance of winning the game.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #2527
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Jeezus, you are just itchin' to hang me, aren't you?

I think you've got a point, even though it means killing a villager -- I'll be happy to go down if Racer is bad. A one-for-one trade is a small price to nab the last cowboy.

But it sure looks to me that Anxiety is the one that has the upper hand right now.

I'm a villager. Anyone who doesn't believe me will find out that I am tonight if I am lynched. Hopefully at least one of our lynching's will be switched to Anxiety since neither one of us are going anywhere.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #2528
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I'm a villager. Anyone who doesn't believe me will find out that I am tonight if I am lynched. Hopefully at least one of our lynching's will be switched to Anxiety since neither one of us are going anywhere.

Well, it's a tough choice for everyone else. Let's say we're both telling the truth and that we're both villagers.

There have been no deaths since you and I were jailed. Now whether that's due to a cowboy trying to convert someone else or just laying low and putting the heat on us, the fact is that neither you or I have any way of proving that we're not bad. So we're not getting released because there is no way to prove our innocence. So it really makes sense to lynch us both and get some certainty as to whether they need to look within their own circle or not -- and it also makes sense to find that out as soon as possible so that if someone is out there converting the ratio doesn't get out of hand quickly.

Personally, I think there's one left, and if it's not you or I there's no real option but to think it's Anxiety after yesterday. So if that's correct they still have margin by getting rid of us.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #2529
spleen1015
Coordinator

Do these games usually go dead like this once they get down to a low number of people?
Old 10-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #2530
hoopsguy
General Manager

Unfortunately, there is often a slowdown as it gets later into the game.

That is a topic that I probably should not discuss, being dead and all, but that I would be interested in revisiting in the post-game or in another thread after this one is over.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #2531
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, based on swaggs info I'll
vote lynch path

I think we learn alot from killing anxiety and if this is the only way so be it... I would rather do this then have chubby chasing shadows every night.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #2532
path12
Coordinator

For the record:

Lynch path
Lynch Racer

Hopefully it's village for the win.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #2533
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm out at 7:30ish until ~midnight for bowling tonight.

We don't need another Gram this week. So, if you have something to reveal, please do so. I couldn't unvote Gram because I wasn't around when it happened.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #2534
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You can only do day actions to Anxiety if you have a day action as part of your role or occupation.

And don't blame me for your character's intelligence level. Maybe someone should have protected the school teacher!

I agree with this.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #2535
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I think it's best to off one at a time again. Racer disappeared yesterday, didn't even vote and his character wasn't surprised to see me when I arrested him two nights ago so I think he's our best bet (I certainly suspect him more than path) until we arrest Anxiety (which if we don't I support lynching both racer and anxiety today).

Supposedly bulletsponge doesn't have any more showdowns but with the Wanted poster he may get another one. I don't have a showdown and I'd be surprised if the Pony Express Rider has one (we're the only 3 known with guns) so hopefully I triggered bullet getting a 2nd showdown with the poster...

WHOA!!!! Hold the phones! whats this wanted poster all about and how can i get a second showdown with it???
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #2536
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just to confirm for everyone, cleaning up Barkeep's body, I found various drink recipes and bar tabs in his pockets, nothing else.

umm can you burn my bar tab. it should be soaked in booze so it should lite up easy
Old 10-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #2537
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
WHOA!!!! Hold the phones! whats this wanted poster all about and how can i get a second showdown with it???

What phones? This is the old west!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #2538
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Lynch everyone in jail
Old 10-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #2539
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
You guys would have a showdown available if you had not lynched me ...

I've noticed that since I died, they hardly acknowledge me.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #2540
Swaggs
Coordinator

Guys...

When I got home from work, I had a PM waiting from Alan T. I had misunderstood my ability. I have the ability to clear a lynch (which I did with GE) AND I have the ability to order a lynch. I cannot switch it off of someone else. I am sorry if I caused anyone to vote incorrectly.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 PM   #2541
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In case I die in an hour or so due to duking strategies, and the last cowboy is not in jail, here is who I'd look at, in order:

Lathum - cleared by taking out a cowboy who was already in jail. A clever strategy if you are a cowboy.

Swaggs - cleared by duke surviving a good guy early and then duke kills a good guy late when he knows he can get away with it.

Here are people I like even if I die tonight:

Chief Rum - We killed three bad guys and two were given to us by roles. Only CR gave us a bad guy by analysis. It was the best move and so far, CR'd be my MVP.

Chubby - Despite his hard on for me and recent bad decision to chase me when he should have been minding the store and going elsewhere, he is cleared enough to me to not be considered a cowboy.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #2542
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anxiety, I am not going to swing the lynch to you tonight. There hasn't been a murder since path/barkeep/racer have been in jail.

I was just offering up the full capacity of my role, since it gives us a bit of a check if needed.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #2543
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Then you wouldn't be on my list right now.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #2544
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm a little annoyed at Anxiety's caginess, but I agree with the reasoning that if a cowboy was out, there likely would have been a kill last night. On that logic, we wait on doing anything with Anxiety, and just clean out the jail tonight. I am pretty sure we're killing at least one villager, but when you're making an omelette, you have to break a few eggs.

Lynch Path
Lynch Racer

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #2545
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

deadline
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #2546
Tyrith
College Starter

Kind of sad when the only people in the thread at the deadline are the GM and an observer
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:03 PM   #2547
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The day starts upbeat, without any night kill and just one day away from lynching a cowboy. People spend the majority of the morning looking for Anxiety, but he never does turn up at the jailhouse. By mid-day people have changed their focus on the current prisoners in jail. Perhaps one or both of them are the last cowboy(s).

As the town vote proceeds.. Sheriff Chubby finally calls out to the crowd that voting is over.. and there is going to be a lynching. He calls out for 2 ropes to be brought up and sends his deputys after both of the prisoners.

Path and Racer both are strung up side by side to each other, and before the entire town are hung. When their last breaths finally escape them, Chubby checks through both of their clothing, looking for the telltale sign....
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #2548
Swaggs
Coordinator

End game, per chance?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #2549
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

out with it Alan!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #2550
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Kind of sad when the only people in the thread at the deadline are the GM and an observer

Heh, heh, I am checking back every five minutes or so. I'm just out and about otherwise.

This has actually been an issue in many of the longer WW games I have played in or read. I have a complicated game coming up that I am still trying to find a way to keep the posts coming at the end.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote