Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #2751
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Lots of misinformation here. At this point, I only reasonably trust Swaggs, so I am fine with him as sheriff.

ELECT SWAGGS

What is really depressing about all this is I asked Swaggs a couple times if he could use his ability while in jail. It appears we really needed an answer to that question. But none of us good guys have played flawless games here.

As for jailing, assuming Swaggs will now be sheriff, I recommend lynching Anxiety at first opportunity, jailing Lathum so only Swaggs and I are out, and then hoping the game ends with Anxiety's death. If it does not, we lynch the whole jail and ride off into the sunset.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #2752
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

chief, i am fine with swaggs jailing me as long as my cell is seperate from spleens
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #2753
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

deadline.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:15 PM   #2754
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

After lynching one of their own yesterday, the townspeople seem much more hesitant to lynch someone today. Early talk discusses just lynching everyone and letting someone else sort out the bodies. As the day progresses however the lynch talk dies down and people start talking about the need for a new sheriff; someone that they can trust.

Finally the consensus builds around ironically enough one of the prisoners in jail. People start calling out the name of Swaggs, and others join in. Finally there are enough votes for a new sheriff. Swaggs has been elected.

Chief nods understandingly to the crowd and takes off the sheriff badge, handing it to a nearby deputy.

Sheriff election: (3 votes needed)

(4) Swaggs - Swaggs (2690), Lathum (2723), Spleen (2740), Chief Rum (2751)

Lynch votes: (3 votes needed)

(0) Swaggs -

(1) Spleen - Anxiety (2676)

We are in Night 13 now! Deadline 9:00am EST Tuesday morning
Old 10-23-2006, 08:28 PM   #2755
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just got back from my program. I ran with a London theme with Jack the Ripper, Bloody Mary, Marie Antoinette, King Henry as cards and ran the game 5 times, with between 16 and 24 people each time. Fun!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #2756
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

*Sigh* I think we just lost the game.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #2757
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just as Chief hands the badge to the deputy a loud shot is heard from the crowd. There before your eyes you watch Chief Rum stagger a step and then grow wide eyed. Chief Rum gasps for breath before spurting some blood out and collapsing before the crowd.

From the crowd walks lathum with his gun pulled out at his side. You see very clearly a red sash being worn proudly by him as he walks up to the deputy, stepping over Chief Rum's body. He grabs the badge out of the hand of the shocked deputy saying,"I believe I will take this." Lathum pins the badge on his shirt and then bends down, looking for something on Chief Rum's dead body before rising again with keys in his hands.

Lathum walks into the jailhouse and unlocks the cell that currently holds Spleen. Tossing Spleen a gun, he walks back out with Spleen in tow. Lathum calls out to the crowd, or whats left of it,"Now that I'm in charge, there are going to be some changes around here..."

Game over - Cowboys have won

Cowboys:
Lathum
Hoopsguy
Barkeep

Cowboy converts:
St.Cronin
Spleen
Old 10-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #2758
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

that sounds like a great theme for a game Abe. Is everything better at work?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #2759
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wild ride, congrats to Lathum and Spleen for continuing to survive and advance every day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:43 PM   #2760
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

great game Alan. This was maybe my most enjoyable game. Me, hoops and BK had alot of fun with this.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #2761
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Roles/etc:

1. Cowboys leader (cowboy) - Lathum - Lightsleeper / Bribes
2. Bartender (cowboy) - Barkeep49 - Vicescanner
3. Sharpshooter (cowboy) - Hoopsguy - Lightsleeper / Showdown
4. Adventure-starved young man - St.Cronin - Cowboy Sympathizer
5. Retired judge - Glengoyne - Seer
6. Pinkerton guard - Chubby - Lightsleeper / Witness
7. Brothel girl - Chief Rum -
8. Retired Sheriff - GoldenEagle - Showdowns/Pseudo-sheriff
9. Retired Dentist - Bulletsponge - Lightsleeper / Showdowns
10. Priest - Ntndeacon - Vicescanner
12. Retired Army captain - Grammaticus - Light sleeper / Bodyguard
13. Actor - Anxiety
14. Town Mayor - Swaggs - Light sleeper / Duke
11. Miner - SnDvls
15. Butcher - Racer
16. Banker - Saldana
17. School teacher - Fouts
18. Baker - Path12
19. Singer - Lonestargirl
20. Card Dealer - Thomkal
21. Mortician - Spleen1015

Last edited by Alan T : 10-23-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #2762
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'd say I suspected them, but I suspected everyone at the end. Well played Cowboys. I had talked myself out of Lathum by the end of the day. My term as sheriff sure was impressive.

That was a very well balanced game, Alan. Both sides had the opportunity to win. As I said earlier, I wouldn't mind playing that game again--it was great this time and has a lot of potential for replay.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #2763
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

wnen it got down to me anxiety and chief i thought we were in trouble because my hands were really tied.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #2764
hoopsguy
General Manager

So the night 3 kill - was GE waking the result of light sleeper, bad dice roll, or some other factor?

Lathum gets MVP for his play, with Spleen as a close runner up for his play on both sides of the fence.

Cronin, sorry that your stay on Team Cowboy was so short.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #2765
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Some fun notes from the game..

Role assignments:
Someone with the name deacon got the priest role.
Bulletsponge somehow got the role he begged for pre-game
Swaggs was once again the duke role somehow.

Role comments:
Only 1 of 3 showdowns was used (Hoopsguy, Bulletsponge, Goldeneagle)
The cowboys actually converted the sympathizer with a bribe before he converted automatically.
Glengoyne got really lucky with his rolls. Only missed two rolls the entire game. Both however were on cowboys (Barkeep and Lathum)
Chief Rum on the other hand had horrible luck on rolls. Went 1 for 4 on 50% or higher chances, only succeeding the night he got Bullet's gun.
Goldeneagle only used 1/2 of his ability. he never locked anyone up in jail which would have overridden the sheriff's order that night if a conflict occured.
Ntndeacon also had poor luck, with a 25% chance to improve someone's vice and 10% chance to cure it permanently, he never succeeded once.
Grammaticus didn't get a hit a single night as bodyguard
Swaggs used 1/2 of his role, he could also order one person in the town to be lynched.
Saldana when killed by a cowboy provided the cowboys enough gold for a second conversion later in the game, a hidden role for Saldana being the banker.
Anxiety could only disguise himself every other night and not every night like he led everyone to believe. He somehow managed to only get visited on the nights he was able to disguise himself.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #2766
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol, we did throw cronin to the wolves..
Old 10-23-2006, 08:52 PM   #2767
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So the night 3 kill - was GE waking the result of light sleeper, bad dice roll, or some other factor?

Lathum gets MVP for his play, with Spleen as a close runner up for his play on both sides of the fence.

Cronin, sorry that your stay on Team Cowboy was so short.

GE was the only light sleeper that you all night killed. He woke due to that. Since you used a gun, you would have killed him regardless. If you had tried to kill him with a knife, he would have been able to fight you off and likely recognize you.

The only other difference guns vs knifes made on night kills was in the case of hitting someone guarded by the bodyguard. If you tried to night kill someone guarded with a knife, you would have been shot dead by the bodyguard. If you tried to kill them with a gun, you would have gotten away alive.

Oh and the other difference with guns vs knifes for night kills obviously was who heard the shots at night. The village was split up into 4 sections of 5 people each. With Chief Rum living in the center of town at the brothel house (lol)
Old 10-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #2768
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm interested in any comments, questions, etc about the game. I'm happy to answer things about what happened at points in the game. A few nights it was crazy with the ways some orders all clashed.

I spent alot of time trying to make this game fun and balanced, and hope I succeeded. I have plans for a sequal for this game at some point down the road, but it won't be my next game I host.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #2769
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
wnen it got down to me anxiety and chief i thought we were in trouble because my hands were really tied.

If for whatever reason Swaggs was not elected sheriff and it was still Chief Rum, you could have still killed Anxiety tonight and won the game as long as Spleen was not lynched. (You just didnt know that since Anxiety had everyone believing he could do it every night).

The key move of the day all centered around Spleen and Swaggs in jail.

Spleen & Swaggs both lynched or neither lynched and possible cowboy victory.
Spleen lynched only and most likely villager victory eventually unless Lathum really has things work out for him.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #2770
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

a couple of comments about night kills

we killed sndvls and saldana on back to back nights hoping for some money to try another conversion.

we went with a "keep the vets alive" strategy to cause confusion
Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #2771
Swaggs
Coordinator

Another fun note:

Swaggs sucked this game. I totally misunderstood my abilities twice. In fact, I probably wouldn't have used my power on GE if I had understood the second part, rather saving it to protect myself.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #2772
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I called it in my post around 7:45 - Lathum and spleen as bad guys, and I called it that we had to kill spleen. Ah well. Cassandra strikes again.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:05 PM   #2773
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Another fun note:

Swaggs sucked this game. I totally misunderstood my abilities twice. In fact, I probably wouldn't have used my power on GE if I had understood the second part, rather saving it to protect myself.

For whatever its worth, I actually thought you had some really good insight midway on through the game. I think you were on the right track with your discussion with Chief this morning, and thought for sure you had the answer before you seemingly gave up on it.

Your questioning about Bulletsponge's death was the key to winning this game I think today, you had it nailed down to what caused his death. The fatal flaw was trusting spleen's word that he died by gun to clear spleen, when in fact he was lying about that. Bulletsponge died via knife.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #2774
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And a second note to Swaggs.. your not being able to use your ability in jail actually saved the villagers. If you had lynched Anxiety like you wanted to, the game would have ended right there.

For the record, only two people could do actions in jail. Goldeneagle could do his sheriff role related actions in jail, and whoever was sheriff could do sheriff actions in jail. (ie: you being elected sheriff would have allowed you to free yourself). No one else in the game was allowed to do any actions in jail other than PM, talk in thread and vote.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:12 PM   #2775
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I called it in my post around 7:45 - Lathum and spleen as bad guys, and I called it that we had to kill spleen. Ah well. Cassandra strikes again.

Yep, you were dead right with your option 3 that you showed up with near the end The only problem is you had so much distrust built up with the others from your actions and lack of open communications that I don't think anyone was looking at what you were saying objectively.

Was a catch 22 for you.. your lying about your abilities and actions kept the villagers in the game in some scenerios, but also built up alot of distrust that clouded their vision of you. Tough situation to be in there for you. Not sure how it could have been played much differently
Old 10-23-2006, 09:15 PM   #2776
hoopsguy
General Manager

It was a frustrating game to watch the last few days. Although I was playing for the Cowboys this game, once dead I wanted to see an entertaining, well played game. And while it felt like people were making the best decisions they could with the information in the thread, it really felt like the conversation was shot since the middle of last week. Huge advantage to the wolves/Cowboys when that happens.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #2777
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Ever since I got whacked I have regretted not proclaiming that Lathum and Spleen were bad guys. That was simply based on the fact that they voted to lynch me after my reveal. Chubby did as well, but somehow I was able to forgive him.

The past few days, I was watching all of the talk about Anxiety, and saying "NO It's Spleen!". Lathum, I admit, was a tougher nut to crack, but I figured that there was certainly something for him to gain by outting Barkeep. What sealed it for me was his description of the pony express rider role. As he described it, I thought that it was a screwy role. It just didn't fit, so I went with the assumption that he made it up. Sorry if I was wrong about that Alan.

I did start to doubt Chubby when he went awol, but I absolutely bought his bit about the spotty internet connection. I was so married to the Spleen Lathum connection, I had begun to doubt my conviction. Since essentially I was convinced by the fact that you two voted to lynch me.

Oh and I actually figured that Spleen was a cowboy from the beginning. It was just damned annoying to have people counter with "Nah, a cowboy wouldn't have that role".

In any case, great game cowboys. You really did a bang up job on us townfolk.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:22 PM   #2778
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I liked my role, to be honest.

-Anxiety

Old 10-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #2779
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
a couple of comments about night kills

we killed sndvls and saldana on back to back nights hoping for some money to try another conversion.

we went with a "keep the vets alive" strategy to cause confusion

You had to keep the vets alive - you had BK, hoops, st. cronin AND Lathum in your cadre!

Old 10-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #2780
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorta. I'm better emotionally, it;'s just otugh to be at a hospital and watch a resident scream and cry out and try to escape only to be brought down and constrained by five orderlies and nurse, and know that you are th eone who put the person there. You know?

Ah well.

-Anxiety

Old 10-23-2006, 09:27 PM   #2781
hoopsguy
General Manager

And we were scared to death of an early seer reveal - it definitely was playing in our minds on early activity. We were pretty certain that at least one of us would be the target of an early scan. Didn't realize the seer mechanic only worked against people in jail and that it was a cloudy seer.

By the time that was revealed, and the only living people that Glen had not cleared were Barkeep and Lathum, I was flat out panicked. I figured I absolutely HAD to get him lynched with me, even if I was damaging my ability to create distance from Barkeep in the process by singling out the one person. When I missed it by one vote (Bullet - "too much to read, no vote" = Hoopsguy ranting in front of the PC) I figured it was game over. Didn't know that I was going to get to take out Glen on the way out the door, or else I would have played the last day MUCH differently.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #2782
Swaggs
Coordinator

So how did the vice dynamic work?

I think I spent so much time in jail that I totally missed out on that part of the game.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #2783
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW, we were trying to convert anxiety on night one when he was acting like chief. I was able to get alot of mileage from that one.

oh, and thanks to Saldana for releasing me from prison night one.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #2784
path12
Coordinator

When was Spleen converted?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #2785
hoopsguy
General Manager

So did SnDvls have a chance to get money in his role of Miner?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #2786
path12
Coordinator

BTW, great game Alan. Count me in the group that would like to see that ruleset again.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #2787
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

the night after saldana was killed. I used my night action on doing that.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #2788
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

I'm curious about this as well. If it was after I was dead. My "They voted for me, they must be evil" strategy doesn't look very promissing.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #2789
hoopsguy
General Manager

The night after I died. BK was in jail, Lathum had done the kill the night before, and he was tired as a result of the conversion.

He came out with his Pony Express reveal that morning, getting rid of BK and earning himself a ton of trust despite being tired.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #2790
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
So how did the vice dynamic work?

I think I spent so much time in jail that I totally missed out on that part of the game.

The power vice was only held by one person in the game (St.cronin) who would have shown up to ntndeacon as having succumbed to that once converted due to being a sympathizer. Since that never occured, he never fell to that vice.

Only two people had the vice of Alcohol. Bulletsponge had a great vice which meant 20% chance of being drunk for the next day (no showdowns or votes), and Hoopsguy had a moderate vice which meant a 15% chance. Hoops never had a roll hit to be drunk, Bullet got it twice.

Many more people had vice in women. Probably over 50% of the people had some vice in women. A moderate vice in women meant a 50/50 chance of Chief Rum being successful with you. a strong vice in women meant Chief Rum had a 75% chance. If you had no vice in women, he would have been flat turned down. His messages were different depending on whether he failed a roll or ran up to someone without a vice for women. Not sure if Chief ever noticed the difference in messages.

Many people had vice in money, however this was the only vice that you didn't have to be listed as having to be effected by it. Basically if you did not have a vice for money, it would take 10 gold (all the money the cowboys started with) to turn you. If you had a low vice in money it would take 8 gold. Moderate vice = 5 gold, and strong vice = 3 gold to turn you. If they had Barkeep hit on some people with big vices in money it could make a huge difference. Barkeep struck out for the game however. The only exception for money bribe is some people were marked as immune to bribes. if the cowboys went after one of those they would fail and the person being bribed would have known it.

That led to the fun night 1 scenerio where ntndeacon visited anxiety which comes before the bribe attempt in night actions. Lathum also visited Anxiety the same night to try to bribe him. Ntndeacon could have had a 10% chance to fully make Anxiety immune to bribes right before Lathum go there, or a 25% chance to improve his resisting the vice some at least (making Anxiety require 8 gold vs 5). (lathum was offering only 7 that night I think). So there was a 25% chance Lathum could have been outed night 1. However Anxiety avoided everyone by dressing up as chief rum and that started the game down a very weird path I did not forsee
Old 10-23-2006, 09:46 PM   #2791
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FWIW, we were trying to convert anxiety on night one when he was acting like chief. I was able to get alot of mileage from that one.

If Saldana hadn't freed you from prison after one night, Glengoyne would have had a 90% chance to reveal your allegiance the following day. You skated by on such thin ice almost the entire game.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:46 PM   #2792
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You had to keep the vets alive - you had BK, hoops, st. cronin AND Lathum in your cadre!

we were very surprised when we got our roles.

This isn't a knock on any of the newer players, you just don't expect to see that as your stable.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #2793
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So did SnDvls have a chance to get money in his role of Miner?

Nope, Sndvls was actually the money-hungry miner. Sndvls had a hidden note on his role unknown to him that any amount of gold would have converted him (even 1 gold)
Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #2794
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Nope, Sndvls was actually the money-hungry miner. Sndvls had a hidden note on his role unknown to him that any amount of gold would have converted him (even 1 gold)

ie: he was a miner trying to find silver, he just hadnt gotten any yet
Old 10-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #2795
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

boy did they use me , for the false CoT. I felt like a total detriment to the villager effort.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #2796
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorta. I'm better emotionally, it;'s just otugh to be at a hospital and watch a resident scream and cry out and try to escape only to be brought down and constrained by five orderlies and nurse, and know that you are th eone who put the person there. You know?

Ah well.

-Anxiety

Old 10-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #2797
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
we were very surprised when we got our roles.

This isn't a knock on any of the newer players, you just don't expect to see that as your stable.

When I first saw who the cowboys were I was a little frustrated. It looked like a really strong team of cowboys. (Usually you have 1 good vet, 1 ok player and 1 newer player or something like that).

After thinking about it for a while, I realized having alot of vets could also be a disadvantage and have people wonder why they are all still around after a few days too. We saw that happen mid game when hoops and barkeep were both jailed.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #2798
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Unfortunately. The whole damn town signed off on that. It was because you were somehow cleared of being a cowboy because your gun wasn't used to kill Thomkal. It was actually days later before I went back and looked at that. I was like..."He wasn't cleared of anything!"
Old 10-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #2799
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Thanks Alan T for a good game. It was very enjoyable
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #2800
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and I also have to admit, that while I was dead and lurking, I considered that to be a distinct advantage over the people in the game. It was when there was literally NO activity in the thread, and I was constrained from participating, that I became resolved in my perception. I think I need to learn the value of silence in this game. I'm too manic, and I think that had I somehow been alive today I would have let Lathum twist me into the ground. Just like Hoops managed to give me doubts about midway through my last day in the game when I was earlier positive that he was a cowboy.