Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #251
Sef0r
n00b

If I missed it, how does one important their own extractor file to conscriptor so they can see the player bars?
Old 01-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #252
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r View Post
If I missed it, how does one important their own extractor file to conscriptor so they can see the player bars?

I have not implemented it yet.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #253
WheelsVT
High School JV

Ok, I've finished the latest important update which has several key patches to the staff draft aspect, captures QB formations and rookie birthdays, and switches to the 7.0a export format. I plan to test the staff draft a few more times this week, but so far it's matched up well.

Version 2.4

Fixed bug where traded picks still were reported as owned by the original team.
Fixed bug where unemployed staff would not show up if the XXX utility user in_game_id was not set to 99.
Fixed bug where Arizona staff also showed up as admin or xxx staff if in_game_id values were not set properly by the utility to -1 and 99 respectively.
Fixed bug where expired contract staff members were considered still employed since the export listed their former team as current employer.
Fixed bug where staff pick could not be made manually after the first round.
Fixed bug where rollback caused formerly drafted staff members to not be selectable when the draft restarted.
Fixed bug where rollback caused formerly fired staff members to not be reinstated to their former teams.
Updated to support new export format of FOF7.0a.
Updated to change from arbitrary staff transaction input file numbers to using the year column now exported in FOF7.0a
Updated to capture the formations for active QBs when running an allocation draft.
Updated to capture rookie birthdays by cross-referencing Player_ID with player_information.csv.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #254
WheelsVT
High School JV

Minor revision

Version 2.4.1
Fixed bug where Arizona (or team with in-game ID of 0) does not show up in the selections filter dropdown list but team 'admin' does.

There are no database mods needed to update, just overwrite all the files (or specifically page.inc.php). Thanks Red Zone.

Last edited by WheelsVT : 02-04-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #255
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Have you ever seen an issue with the installer not writing the admin user to the team table? I get no errors at all, it is able to create the tables and everything, but when I try to login with the admin user, it says the login is not valid. When I check the team table in the DB, there is no admin record in there at all.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #256
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Looks like our server is using PHP 5.5.6 and the mysql library has been deprecated from PHP as of v5.5. Not sure that is exactly the cause of the weirdness I am seeing, but it seems to fit at least.

Any word on upgrading the utility to be fully 5.5 compatible? Anyone else using that high of a version of PHP that is seeing it working? From what I am seeing, it sounds like the library will be fully removed from PHP soon-ish (at least most likely by the next major release), so I thought I would mention it either way.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #257
sjshaw
lolzcat

If you could implement the suggestion for returning to the "Priority" page after adding a guy in the search box instead of kicking out to the "Selections" page, I'd appreciate it.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #258
WheelsVT
High School JV

I looked into the code and there's a session variable that should be set to return you to your previous page. So it's in there from original days, just not working.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #259
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Have you ever seen an issue with the installer not writing the admin user to the team table? I get no errors at all, it is able to create the tables and everything, but when I try to login with the admin user, it says the login is not valid. When I check the team table in the DB, there is no admin record in there at all.

That record should be created from the install process. Using the admin username you enter on the install web page. I haven't seen it fail to be created that I can remember.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #260
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Looks like our server is using PHP 5.5.6 and the mysql library has been deprecated from PHP as of v5.5. Not sure that is exactly the cause of the weirdness I am seeing, but it seems to fit at least.

Any word on upgrading the utility to be fully 5.5 compatible? Anyone else using that high of a version of PHP that is seeing it working? From what I am seeing, it sounds like the library will be fully removed from PHP soon-ish (at least most likely by the next major release), so I thought I would mention it either way.

Thanks for the heads up. I've seen the notices when looking up syntax to modify the original utility. Hopefully, it doesn't require much of a rewrite. A search and replace would be great, but I doubt it's that simple.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #261
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
Feature request if you get a chance: Be able to view "everybody but K/P" in the "All Players" view.

I tried to add this but the list is pulled from the positions table and there is no "all but K/P" position. Adding it to the table could mess up other aspects so I haven't figured out a nice way to do it yet.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #262
WheelsVT
High School JV

Minor revision

Version 2.4.2

Modified the player detail URLs to use the player_id from within FOF7 so that leagues could create their own player pages that link to Conscriptor.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #263
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsVT View Post
I have not implemented it yet.

I'm hoping to work on this over the next few days if we get some time off work with this snow storm.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #264
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Minor revision

Version 2.4.2

Modified the player detail URLs to use the player_id from within FOF7 so that leagues could create their own player pages that link to Conscriptor.

You rock!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #265
WheelsVT
High School JV

An update everyone's been waiting for...

Version 2.5

- Fixed bug introduced in 2.4.2 where the left and right player detail navigation was no longer correct.
-Added ability for GMs to upload extractor output to have their own staff's view of rookie skill bar values.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #266
Normie32r
n00b

Quote:
-Added ability for GMs to upload extractor output to have their own staff's view of rookie skill bar values.

Normie32r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #267
garion333
High School Varsity

oh, thank god. If we didn't get some sort of bars view in conscriptor I was seriously thinking of shelving FOF7. It's nigh impossible to draft away from your computer without bars, even when you upload a priority list.

So, THANK YOU!
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #268
WheelsVT
High School JV

Thanks to RedZone for finding that the 7.32 wasn't being imported despite being in the CSV output. I added an extra newline character to the end to see if the game is looking for a blank line to finish off the CSV.

Version 2.5.1

-Added Draft Analyzer compatible output to the status line in addition to the CSV output.
-Added an extra newline to draft CSV file since FOF 7.0a was not recognizing the 7.32 pick.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #269
sjshaw
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normie32r View Post

THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOU
Old 02-28-2014, 06:30 AM   #270
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Staff draft with 2.5.1 is not importing last season's transactions.csv. We were supposed to start this morning. Any quick help would be much appreciated.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:00 PM   #271
TRO
College Prospect

Cross posting from CCFL draft thread:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see an option to set my priority list to skip my pick. All of the options are centered around a player draft.

My goal is to skip my HC, OC and DC picks and try to pick up an improvement at AC and SC. But I can't set my priority list for that at all.

I can set that kind of preference in game preferences, but here I'm forced to wait through the manual picks each round with auto pick off. This is going to lead to a long process.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #272
TRO
College Prospect

I think the utility needs to be set up with 5 separate priority lists.

Unlike a player draft when setting a list in round 2 and getting the guy in round 3 is OK, here, if you set a Head Coach priority list and it gets used in a Coordinator round, it could be a REALLY HORRIBLE pick.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #273
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
Cross posting from CCFL draft thread:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see an option to set my priority list to skip my pick. All of the options are centered around a player draft.

My goal is to skip my HC, OC and DC picks and try to pick up an improvement at AC and SC. But I can't set my priority list for that at all.

I can set that kind of preference in game preferences, but here I'm forced to wait through the manual picks each round with auto pick off. This is going to lead to a long process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
I think the utility needs to be set up with 5 separate priority lists.

Unlike a player draft when setting a list in round 2 and getting the guy in round 3 is OK, here, if you set a Head Coach priority list and it gets used in a Coordinator round, it could be a REALLY HORRIBLE pick.
Very good comments, both of these.

To piggy-back on the first one, I think there needs to be a way for the commish to set all teams to the default of "If I have a staff member signed to the role of the current round, skip my pick." And then it's up to each league member to go into Conscriptor and set it to NOT skip their pick at, say, Offensive Coordinator, because they're looking for an upgrade there. Otherwise, leagues are going to have to deal with what I suspect will be the major annoyance of people who don't need to make changes not bothering to do anything at all, and thus we just sit around waiting for their time to expire.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #274
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Very good comments, both of these.

To piggy-back on the first one, I think there needs to be a way for the commish to set all teams to the default of "If I have a staff member signed to the role of the current round, skip my pick." And then it's up to each league member to go into Conscriptor and set it to NOT skip their pick at, say, Offensive Coordinator, because they're looking for an upgrade there. Otherwise, leagues are going to have to deal with what I suspect will be the major annoyance of people who don't need to make changes not bothering to do anything at all, and thus we just sit around waiting for their time to expire.

Absolutely this. This would be amazing, from both the Commish and member standpoint. More often than not, people are not going to NEED to make a switch, so if they WANT to, they should have to go in and do the work, rather than being auto'd.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #275
WheelsVT
High School JV

Thanks guys for trying and posting ideas. At this point staff draft is still not a valid option. (At least the player draft is working!) I will be taking these suggestions and implementing a new design for the staff draft.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #276
Pyser
Pro Rookie

this wont be helpful at all because the change needs to come from jim, but changing the order of the begin of season routine would make this so much simpler.

if the order was like below, then you could run all these stages and have the coach draft run in conscriptor concurrently, exactly like free agency and the draft works:

1-Staff Retention (would be nice to add "fire" too, as this is where it happens IRL)
2-Stadium Work
3-Summer League
4-Ticket Prices
5-Enter Staff Draft Results

of course there's really no reason the first 4 couldnt be done in 1 stage, but, at least it lets other stuff happen while the boring staff draft runs.

if we could push entering staff draft results to later in free agency, we could shave days off the entire top of season boringness. oh well.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #277
WheelsVT
High School JV

Found some URL and staff draft issues. Fixed the URLs, but staff draft needs redesign. Staff draft is not a usable option still. Thanks to CCFL for being the first to try.

Version 2.5.2

Fixed bug introduced in 2.4.2 where selections and priority pages player/staff detail URLs no longer worked.
Fixed several staff issues, but it needs a redesign. Not recommending any league use it at this time.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:19 AM   #278
chinaski
College Prospect

Getting this error when trying to upload the extractor data for the WOOF draft.

Quote:
The file you uploaded appears to be an Extractor file, but I didn't find any matches to the players in the system. Are you sure you uploaded the correct file?

Dont really know where to go from there... I attached the extractor csv.
Attached Files
File Type: csv FOFRoster.csv (192.7 KB, 4 views)
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #279
WheelsVT
High School JV

The Utility tries to match the player_name, position, and DOB to a player in the database. This message means that none of the lines in the CSV matched anyone.

First thing to check is that the names and positions match up, and second is see if the date of births are off between the utility and the extractor file. If anything I'd bet on the DOBs, but lets see and go from there.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #280
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
The Utility tries to match the player_name, position, and DOB to a player in the database. This message means that none of the lines in the CSV matched anyone.

First thing to check is that the names and positions match up, and second is see if the date of births are off between the utility and the extractor file. If anything I'd bet on the DOBs, but lets see and go from there.

Ah i think I see what it is. The players in the draft util aren't showing a DOB.

WOOF Front Office Football Conscriptor version 2.5.2
Old 03-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #281
WheelsVT
High School JV

Looking back at past revisions I removed DOB matching from the priority list import process since at the time FOF7 didn't export the rookie's DOBs.

I can't remember - checking to see if that changed in 7.0a, and if DOB should now be showing up. If not then I'll have to remove the DOB check from the bar import php file too.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #282
WheelsVT
High School JV

I just ran a test with FOF7.0a to confirm. Rookie DOBs are imported properly and as long as they show up the Extractor import runs too.

I'll shoot Ben a message about the WOOF. The DOBs should be there, and that is certainly why you're not able to import your bars.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #283
chinaski
College Prospect

Thanks Wheels!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #284
Ben E Lou

Looks like it was an issue with player_information.csv. I generated a new one and it worked.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #285
WheelsVT
High School JV

Looks like there's an issue if you have two identical cities in the team_information.csv file when setting up the draft. Ex: New York and New York for the Giants and the Jets. Since the cities are the same you'll find that the second team's picks don't show up.

Quick Solution: Edit the team_information.csv file and rename the cities to be unique before importing. Or do it an re-import the draft.

Better Solution: Edit the city nicknames in-game so that future exports have unique city names. ("New York (G)" and "New York (J)" or something)
Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #286
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The Analyzer Dump doesn't seem to have newlines after every draftee? Or is this just WOOF's?
Old 03-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #287
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
The Analyzer Dump doesn't seem to have newlines after every draftee? Or is this just WOOF's?
All. I just use the dump from the draftbit. DRAFTBIT
Old 03-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #288
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Yup, that one'll work.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #289
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Wheels:

The old export from Draft Analyzer into Conscriptor to set your draft order included a birthdate to help resolve same name conflicts. Unfortunately, birth date is no longer available for rookies with the exported FOF data (not sure how important it is), so I can't send it with DraftAnalyzer. Is there anything different I should send? Name, position group, college should be enough?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #290
WheelsVT
High School JV

I've been busy lately and unable to update.

Yes, as soon as I can I'll add the new line to the analyzer output, fix the mock draft URLs, and check the draft order which Ben found wasn't quite right in one instance.

Greg, if I remember right, the birthdays are now exported, but in the player_information.csv which includes rookies now. So Conscriptor still matches on name, birthday, and position currently. I'll check as soon as I can.

Last edited by WheelsVT : 03-19-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #291
gstelmack
Pro Starter

If player_information.csv contains rookies, I can look into reading that and adding it to the data I import.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #292
gstelmack
Pro Starter

DraftAnalyzer now has birthdays from player_information.csv, so the export draft order for Conscriptor should be working again. Thanks for the pointer, Wheels!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #293
Dutch
"Dutch"

We have a site using MySQL Server 5.6 and PHP 5.5.6 and as PackersFanatic mentioned earlier, there might be some conflicts with Conscriptor.

The installation seems to go well, but the admin account is never created and even going into the DB and creating an admin account doesn't allow me to log in.

We are not sure if this is a versioning issue or a permissions issue or something else. Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #294
Dutch
"Dutch"

Alright, so I got the manual account creation thing sorted out. But the user I created doesn't have permissions to the admin pages. So I'm getting closer.

Is there an identifier in the 'team' pages that makes my admin account the actual admin account (versus a regular team owner account)?
Old 03-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #295
Dutch
"Dutch"

For reference: I think I figured it out. Once I added the admin info into the 'team' table correctly the full draft_admin tab list appeared.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #296
WheelsVT
High School JV

Hey guys, sorry, I've been swamped in real-life work/family/etc. I'll be updating this and looking at issues mentioned as soon as I have some free cycles where I'm not wiped out.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #297
WheelsVT
High School JV

For reference, the FOF Conscriptor was built on PHP 5.2.5 and MySQL 5.0.45. My test webserver is using PHP 5.3.18 and MySQL 5.1.61 without issue. I have not started deconflicting the newer MySQL versions which deprecated several SQL calls.

I am implementing a few fixes now and am really hoping I get a rework of the staff draft up soon.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #298
Dutch
"Dutch"

I sent you a PM, but you're full.

Last edited by Dutch : 04-20-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #299
WheelsVT
High School JV

Cleared out now.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #300
cuervo72
Head Coach

Possible error: team locations that contain an apostrophe. FOFL has a "Sam's Town", and the team wasn't inserted into the db. I'm assuming it's an issue with escaping the string.