Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-03-2021, 06:27 AM   #1
jonhferri
n00b

Regular crashes

I have a hp Pavillon with 16 GB ram and an i7 intel core. I assume I should run this game easily (as I do with football manager) but in the past week the game has been crashing every 15 minutes or so. I am new to the game and have been loving it so far. Is there any trick that reduces the crashes?

jonhferri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:33 PM   #2
triplykely
Mascot

It’s a little quirky as a one man project but getting in the practice of saving regularly is good habit. In my experience the crashes generally occur when I try to do something while the game is simming or data dumping or when I accidentally click too fast moving through the UI. Overall I rarely get crashes on a much worse PC so hopefully that helps.
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:37 PM   #3
jonhferri
n00b

Thanks. Yeah I'm getting in the habit of saving after every step. It must be because I was clicking while saving or something...
jonhferri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:54 AM   #4
Nemesis
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplykely View Post
It’s a little quirky as a one man project but getting in the practice of saving regularly is good habit. In my experience the crashes generally occur when I try to do something while the game is simming or data dumping or when I accidentally click too fast moving through the UI. Overall I rarely get crashes on a much worse PC so hopefully that helps.

The only time I get a crash when clicking too fast is when I open the blitz screen. If I click while it's loading, I crash.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

The only crash that I have had, and it can be easily repeated is just before continuing FA when you have just set ticket prices, imported a draft etc, if you go and try to set your franchise player and try to view his card it will crash. Always save before this step.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote