Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Discussion: Upcoming expansion

So now that we are through the download issues hopefully, I want to move on to the next steps of our new version.

As I have been saying for well over a year, I really want to get this league to 16 teams as the 14 team setup really annoys me in having to manually create schedule stuff to deal with it. Since we have several people on the waiting list for this league, I think this is the perfect time to do an expansion.

We will handle this expansion a little differently than past expansions thanks to some things that we have found. Here is how I envision us handling it:

- We will let the expansion teams draft two seasons prior to their first full FOOL season. They will draft in the number 8 and 9 spot in each round.

- During the offseason immediately prior to their first season, the expansion teams will have an expansion draft. We will not do this in game this time as it does not handle the expansion draft very nicely. We will allow every team to protect 30 players in their system. Then of those left, the expansion teams will provide me a list of who they would like to draft in order. I will handle that part manually to make sure no existing team loses more than 5 players.

- We also will be allowing re-alignment of existing teams during this expansion. Our last re-alignment happened in 2010, well before many of you were even in the league. This will allow some of you to switch over to a DH league or non-DH league that you would prefer. Obviously we might not be able to accommodate every team, but I will try my best. I will ask for those who want to move their team to the other league to PM me (don't post in this or other threads as I will not be able to keep track of them). I will need to have that settled prior to one week before the expansion teams start their first games.

Any thoughts/questions/comments?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
hyde4us11
Coordinator

The plan you have for the expansion is perfectly fine with me. I was only worried about losing so many players as I did last time FOOL land expanded. It has been remedied though looking at your idea on the draft. I am 100% satisfied with your plan.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 09-06-2011 at 08:10 AM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Heck take em all. Rid me of my bums.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
Johnny93g
College Starter

I'm on board
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Tasan
College Starter

Yay expansion! Bring on new bottom feeders!!I mean competition!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Yay expansion! Bring on new bottom feeders!!I mean competition!!!