Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #501
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbd1963 View Post
I'm on a Mac and mine is only rarely choppy.

What are your Mac's specs?

Here's mine:

2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
Intel GMA X3100 video card
Old 11-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #502
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I haven't played an actual game with FM 2010 yet, but I can tell you that your integrated video card isn't going to do you any favors.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #503
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i didn't download TT10 yet and the download link on the website is down for the moment - does someone want to shoot it to me?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #504
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
I haven't played an actual game with FM 2010 yet, but I can tell you that your integrated video card isn't going to do you any favors.

I know the video card "star rating" system has my Mac at 5 stars but I remember reading that the rating really doesn't mean anything.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #505
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i didn't download TT10 yet and the download link on the website is down for the moment - does someone want to shoot it to me?

can do, whats your mail ?
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #506
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Every now and then I get some choppiness. I just pause the match for 5-10 seconds and it's usually gone after that.

I still can't find a formation I am completely happy with but that is the nature of this game. My wingers aren't doing a whole lot for me so I've been messing around with a Christmas tree formation (front six of MC MC MC - AMC AMC - FC) lately. And sometimes I use a sweeper/DC combo instead of two DCs to go with my fullbacks, it's hard to tell if it's helping or hurting since my defense plays pretty well either way.

After being out van der Sar early in the second season and starting most games on the way to winning the league, Ben Foster decided he needed a new challenge. He sat on the bench for a few years and once he's the main man he decides he wants to leave? Don't let the door hit you on the way out dude. I managed to get Napoli to pay £19.75m for him, that paid for a lot of Akinfeev's fee who is better and younger anyway (Rene Adler would have cost me £40m!).
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #507
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Part of the reason why I haven't purchased this year's game is because I spent the last couple of versions trying to decipher the game's instructions on why I was losing. This like what pbot just posted, "the gap between attack and midfield is too big," would just drive me nuts. I'd switch to a diamond midfield so I could have DMC act as a link between the defense and the midfield and it still wouldn't make a difference. It's just one example but I wish FM made it easier to understand how players are supposed to fix these problems. I've played FM for many years and have only been really frustrated playing the last couple of versions.

Part of this is the problem with us trying to cater to our 'normal' audience who understand football (soccer) terms at the same time as bringing in people who aren't into the sport yet.

For instance the 'gap between attack and midfield is too big' doesn't mean you need to slot in a DMC, its more about your team getting stretched across the park - ie. players still being left up in attack when the balls moved down the pitch or the attack pushing upfield but your midfield not supporting them enough.

This frequently leads to the team having no option but to lob long balls forward for the strikers to ball for - generally not one of the best approaches to attack especially if you're playing at a decent competitive level.

To fix this issue you need to let your midfield more a little more freely forward (individual player instruction settings or set at least one of them as the template 'box to box midfielder' or similar with 'support' role). A 'diamond' midfield as you attempted can also work HOWEVER it does frequently lead to a weakness at times in the center of the park unless both of your centralised midfielders are hardworking and able to cover a lot of ground (and also intelligent enough to know where to be when needed, its no good having a AMC who just camps forward when you need him helping battle for the ball in the center of the park for instance).

Incidentally as an aside with regards to compressing the pitch area/teams getting stretched etc. - if you watch teams irl - especially at the top levels the actual pitch area used in play is quite 'compressed', this makes it harder for the team with the ball to find space or move the ball around.

Towards the end of a game you'll hear European commentators sometimes say the play is getting 'stretched' - this means players are getting tired and the pitch area being played in at any one point is getting larger because players are having more problems keeping up with play.

This leads to more space on the pitch, more direct through balls being possible and often consequently more goals ....

Hope that made some kind of sense - if you ever have any soccer related questions feel free to PM me with them or email them directly to me at [email protected].

(do bear in mind any answers I give will be biased by my tactical preferences etc. - but I do try and explain things as clearly and simply as possible)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 11-08-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #508
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bah - MV wins and I lose

edit: actually i guess my advice was similar as far as making sure you have 'support' players in roles

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-08-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #509
Blade6119
Coordinator

And that is why I love MV
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #510
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know the video card "star rating" system has my Mac at 5 stars but I remember reading that the rating really doesn't mean anything.

5 stars is pretty crazy, since my 8600m gt gives me 2 stars. For a comparison of the two cards, check this link out.

Notebookcheck: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

I've got a T7300 Core 2 Duo processor and 4 gigs of RAM as well, so that couldn't cause a disparity like that either.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #511
dbd1963
High School JV

Quote:
What are your Mac's specs?

Here's mine:

2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
Intel GMA X3100 video card

I've got a MacBook Pro
2.16GHz Core Duo
2GB Ram
RadeonX1600

It's old now, and I can't run very many leagues.
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #512
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

So...umm...goalies?

I have three that are basically more or less the same. One that came with the team, and two that I transferred in as I started the game thinking they would be better than the incumbent, but the reality is that they aren't. So far, I've been rotating them by letting each play 3-5 games in a row, hoping that some consistent playing time would allow one to stand out. It hasn't. Is there a rule of thumb as to whether I should keep using this system...should I rotate them on a game by game basis?

I keep thinking of the football adage that says if you think you have two good qbs, you don't really have any. I just want one of these dudes to win the job.
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #513
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbot View Post
So...umm...goalies?

I have three that are basically more or less the same. One that came with the team, and two that I transferred in as I started the game thinking they would be better than the incumbent, but the reality is that they aren't. So far, I've been rotating them by letting each play 3-5 games in a row, hoping that some consistent playing time would allow one to stand out. It hasn't. Is there a rule of thumb as to whether I should keep using this system...should I rotate them on a game by game basis?

I keep thinking of the football adage that says if you think you have two good qbs, you don't really have any. I just want one of these dudes to win the job.

very true. i dunno...i wouldn't rotate them game-by-game...i'd try to pick one and stick with them a bit longer?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #514
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
So...umm...goalies?

Please bear in mind that the position of goalkeeper is mentally one of the hardest roles on the pitch - you are literally the last line of defense, if you mess up you get lambasted however if you do well you are rarely praised because your performance can't win a match.

As such its important for a goalkeeper to know his manager has confidence in his ability as that helps him feel confident and not worry about whether he'll be on the team-sheet next week (nervous goalkeepers rarely play well).

As such unless your keepers are all young (in which case they'll just be happy to be getting some action in most cases) rotating them as you have been might be the cause of their less than stellar performances.

Pick one and then try and persevere with him for a while - if after say 8 matches he still looks flaky drop him and kick him out the door, he's had his shot and blown it no point keeping him around imho (yes I'm a harsh manager but no point paying ways for someone who won't feature imho ).

Generally getting a solid keeper is one of the hardest yet most important things when building a team imho, many people underestimate the importance of them - but imho while a good keeper won't win you a match an inept keeper will lose you several ...

PS - When looking for a decent keeper Handling and concentration are vital, if a keeper has poor handling then he'll fail to hold onto shots meaning if the opposition has fast strikers they'll have chances to roll the ball into an empty net.

If a keeper has poor concentration then in matches you dominate he might go to sleep from boredom, leading to silly goals being conceeded on the break (David James was reknowned for this in his youth, great keeper but very poor focus when younger).

PPS - If you have 3 keepers you rated who are all failing to perform I'd double check some of the goals you're conceeding (watch the highlights) is it REALLY the keepers fault for them being conceeded or if your defense leaving the keeper with an impossible task? - its possible that you had 3 dud keepers or their confidence is all shot about because of the rotation, but I'd at least double check the defenses instructions and who it comprises of, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 11-08-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #515
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Thanks Mark and DT. Appreciate the good input. In my particular situation, they are all very young, which I assumed would lead to some inconsistent play...and that is what I've received. They haven't been terrible, nor have they been great...probably have played about as good as could be expected.

Mostly I've just been looking for one to stand out ahead of the others (so I can dump at least one of the others), but it looks like I haven't been giving them enough of a chance. I'll start doling out a bit more rope to each in turn, and see if one can make a name for himself.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #516
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks Mark and DT. Appreciate the good input. In my particular situation, they are all very young, which I assumed would lead to some inconsistent play...and that is what I've received. They haven't been terrible, nor have they been great...probably have played about as good as could be expected.

Mostly I've just been looking for one to stand out ahead of the others (so I can dump at least one of the others), but it looks like I haven't been giving them enough of a chance. I'll start doling out a bit more rope to each in turn, and see if one can make a name for himself.

Id also factor in the competition they face, as your rotation to this point has likely left at least one of them facing a tougher 3-5 game stretch then the others. Not a massive difference, but if they all perform the same but one faced the league leaders, it might be a subtle difference that sets him apart.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #517
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

FYI, the mega-pack for face cut-outs has been released. It is going to take quite sometime for me to download it though.

I still have not found a skin that I like. It looks like there will not be a version of Flex released this year. I wonder how difficult it is to do skins?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #518
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

linky to mega-pack?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #519
aran
High School Varsity

I'd love to see someone do a very meta-gamey dynasty in FM10 where they talk through the game reasons why they are making each move and make no attempt to roleplay. I love reading about how people play deep games like FM and want to see more people writing accounts of how they play in some detail.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #520
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

This version is like digital crack rock. I don't think I've ever gone through three seasons in two weeks before, at least since the game went 2D/3D and each individual match began taking longer to get through. I haven't touched another PC or console game since this came out and normally I like to switch around between a few different games at a time.

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-09-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #521
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
linky to mega-pack?

FM10 Faces Megapack 2.0 (download torrent) - TPB

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/3...0&#entry979168

Last edited by sovereignstar : 11-09-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #522
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

thanks sov

and agreed Big Fo
Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #523
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Alright guys, in your opinion, where does finishing end and long shots begin? I am asking this because over the past two season since I signed him from Spurs Luka Modrić has scored an impressive amount of goals from outside the area despite a low long shots rating (7). Now Modrić has a number of attributes outside of his long shots rating that work in his favor, his superior technique/first touch/dribbling, very high mental attributes, good agility despite not being pacy, good finishing/composure for a midfielder, and the fact that he is two-footed.

But still, is it possible that finishing includes 20 yard shots from just outside the area and that long shots are just really long shots from 25-30+ yards like Daniele de Rossi and Rafael van der Vaart score for me a half dozen times per season? Because most of Modrić's long range goals are from around 20 yards or so, not like the ones vdV and de Rossi score. Your answers here could affect how I evaluate possible midfield signings in the future. Up until now I had assumed that almost anything other than close range shots and 1v1s was down to the long shots rating but perhaps the finishing attribute affects things a little further out than I thought.

Last edited by Big Fo : 11-09-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #524
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

good question Fo - i wonder that myself
Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #525
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Alright guys, in your opinion, where does finishing end and long shots begin? I am asking this because over the past two season since I signed him from Spurs Luka Modrić has scored an impressive amount of goals from outside the area despite a low long shots rating (7). Now Modrić has a number of attributes outside of his long shots rating that work in his favor, his superior technique/first touch/dribbling, very high mental attributes, good agility despite not being pacy, good finishing/composure for a midfielder, and the fact that he is two-footed.

But still, is it possible that finishing includes 20 yard shots from just outside the area and that long shots are just really long shots from 25-30+ yards like Daniele de Rossi and Rafael van der Vaart score for me a half dozen times per season? Because most of Modrić's long range goals are from around 20 yards or so, not like the ones vdV and de Rossi score. Your answers here could affect how I evaluate possible midfield signings in the future. Up until now I had assumed that almost anything other than close range shots and 1v1s was down to the long shots rating but perhaps the finishing attribute affects things a little further out than I thought.

Im still back on 09, so take this for what it is worth, but I have found that long shots is more the true bombs. I have Thiago Neves at my 1860 Munchen, and he scores goals all day long from about 30 yards out and I chalk it up to his long range shooting skill. As he reaches the box, or just outside of it, hes less impressive. So I think it prob. kicks in around 25-30 range, but thats my completely uneducated guess.
Demotivation
Old 11-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #526
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post

Long shots are generally shots from outside the area as you'd expect HOWEVER you still find that certain types of players do especially well at shooting from distance (as you're finding).

Basically put they are the type of player who generally 'make something happen', they either find that extra yard of space to give themselves time to line up the shot or they beat a man to get it.

The best examples of this type of player in real-life are often goal-scoring midfielders like Liverpools Gerrard, he's 'good' at shooting from distance but its his movement and tenacity which gives him the chance to take those shots in the first place.

By contrast there are a LOT of players who are great at long shots (often they're considered a type of 'dead ball specialist' irl) but who rarely score them during normal play - this is simply because during the normal flow of the match they might not get time to take the shot because their movement isn't good enough or perhaps their composure isn't such that they can be accurate unless given the relative tranquility of a set-piece to strike the ball under.

(hope that made some kind of sense - basically the gist of it is that yes the 'long shots' attribute is obviously important for long shots, but don't underplay the players other characteristics and instructions in determiniing how realistic the chances he gets from distance are)
Old 11-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #527
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Im still back on 09, so take this for what it is worth, but I have found that long shots is more the true bombs. I have Thiago Neves at my 1860 Munchen, and he scores goals all day long from about 30 yards out and I chalk it up to his long range shooting skill. As he reaches the box, or just outside of it, hes less impressive. So I think it prob. kicks in around 25-30 range, but thats my completely uneducated guess.

Sometimes the 'unexpected' nature of a long shot is what makes it effective - if a player can time it for when a keeper isn't expecting it or curl it over a player blocking the keepers vision then it becomes a very hard shot to save.

(I still play 4v4 soccer over here every friday and generally I'll get a handful of goals each week - most of them from the half-way line (4v4 pitches aren't huge) .... simply because the opposition don't expect anyone to shoot from that distance and so often I'll score at least one that way before they realise giving me space isn't a great idea* )

*Although last friday I played against a lass who stayed back and had an uncanny knack for blocking my shots regardless of where they came from, she was very very good and extremely brave imho (in our 4v4 there are no keepers so you have to block high shots with your body) - didn't score a single goal against her, was a great match though ... even if I'm still recovering from it 3 days later

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 11-10-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #528
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
(I still play 4v4 soccer over here every friday and generally I'll get a handful of goals each week - most of them from the half-way line (4v4 pitches aren't huge) .... simply because the opposition don't expect anyone to shoot from that distance and so often I'll score at least one that way before they realise giving me space isn't a great idea* )

*Although last friday I played against a lass who stayed back and had an uncanny knack for blocking my shots regardless of where they came from, she was very very good and extremely brave imho (in our 4v4 there are no keepers so you have to block high shots with your body) - didn't score a single goal against her, was a great match though ... even if I'm still recovering from it 3 days later

****Insert video of cocky British soccer guy kicking soccer balls at American girls in a rec league in Florida****

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #529
whomario
Pro Starter

agreed. I play active club soccer in Europe and i score about 5 or 6 goals from outside the penalty area each year while not having natural long range ability. Almost all those goals are going in because i "flick" the shot quickly around the defense with a defender blocking the path or because i shoot unexpectedly.
In my case i have good aim (also kick our free kicks most of the time) which obviously helps on those kind of shots.

In Practice you have this classic exercise that you do at the end of a practice or before the intra-squad scrimmage where you basically start at midfield and either drible the ball and shoot from about 18-22 metres or get a pass that you hit as a "one-timer" , i suck at both because i don´t have the power to beat a keeper that has a clear look onto what i´m doing.
Costs me quite a bit of drink-rounds (a lot of bets going on there to put up the pressure ) ...

A lot of times IRL offensive midfielders are very accurate from that 18-25 metre range off the drible/move and good Free Kick shooters from that range without having a overly powerfull shot.
They can get open in the first place and then have an accurate strike.

In terms of FM : The prefered Moves "Places Shots" and "Curls Balls" help as far as i am concerned.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #530
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

So I finally got a career off the ground and I added an AssMan (Nils Arne Eggen) with fantastic numbers. However, he's got the shortest fuse known to man. Every time I send him to a presser I don't want to attend, he takes one question then storms out.

"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"

This guy takes exception to every line of questioning known to man.

His last presser:

"you have taken early leads in teh past and managed it again today when so-and-so put the ball in the net. Did you feel at that point things would go well for your side?

Nils says, "An early goal is always a bonus and helped us on our way," at which point berzerkness ensued and he stormed out.

Last edited by Toddzilla : 11-10-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #531
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL AWESOME!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #532
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Apparently he doesn't want to attend either.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #533
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

That's so awesome.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #534
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
So I finally got a career off the ground and I added an AssMan (Nils Arne Eggen) with fantastic numbers. However, he's got the shortest fuse known to man. Every time I send him to a presser I don't want to attend, he takes one question then storms out.

"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"

His last presser:

"you have taken early leads in teh past and managed it again today when so-and-so put the ball in the net. Did you feel at that point things would go well for your side?

Nils says, "An early goal is always a bonus and helped us on our way," at which point berzerkness ensued and he stormed out.

BTW, the reason I never go is because SEGA has ignored making those things even somewhat intuitive or varied to not become annoyed by them more than involved in them.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #535
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ah, so I take it they haven't really improved the press conferences?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #536
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i only attend press conferences when i sign a new player or sign with a new club. I never attend them after or before games. They are so boring. Why cant we turn them off? i just send my assistant and hope he doesnt screw them up. All the questions are worded wierd and i have no idea if what i am picking will mess up my team's morale. So i just ignore them.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #537
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't like how they'll ask about particular strategy. I say I don't want to discuss it and they go beserk on me acting like I'm being an asshole who is dodging questions.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #538
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I don't like how they'll ask about particular strategy. I say I don't want to discuss it and they go beserk on me acting like I'm being an asshole who is dodging questions.

Storm out. It's kinda fun. I don't know if/what the long term effects are, but I've done it a handful of times with no discernable downside.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #539
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

they've done a better job making it so you have some idea how your choices will affect this team this year - but i do tend to send my assistant more often than not (big cup matches, rivalry matches, new player signings, etc. i attend)
Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #540
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
****Insert video of cocky British soccer guy kicking soccer balls at American girls in a rec league in Florida****

Heh - I actually got a foul given to me last week because two girls were hacking away at my legs while I shielded the ball (was quite shocked tbh as I wasn't particularly bothered by it they were gentle wee lasses compared to the fouls we get in leagues back home), then later on in the same game one of the same girls slid in with a two legged tackle and managed to take me down ... that match ended 2 all, was a fantastic game

I tend to act very gentle when playing in mixed leagues partially because I'm not used to playing alongside women (and I was brought up to be 'gentle' with em - I'm a good boy me ) and partially because a lot of your referee's seem convinced that soccer is a non-contract sport.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #541
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Ugh. So, one of my goalies was just named to the league team of the week, or whatever. Great.

The game has then crashed three separate times the following week. Off to the SI boards, I guess. I hope this game isn't corrupted.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #542
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

A reboot of the pc seems to have solved my crash problems as I work my way through Nov 2009.

Starting to see the team play a bit better as well. I've noticed my assistant coach is not commenting as much about players not being comfortable at the team...perhaps familiarity with each other is helping our recent run?
Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #543
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A reboot of the pc seems to have solved my crash problems as I work my way through Nov 2009.

Starting to see the team play a bit better as well. I've noticed my assistant coach is not commenting as much about players not being comfortable at the team...perhaps familiarity with each other is helping our recent run?

quite likely. it's always nice when a squad really gels
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #544
Shepp
High School Varsity

Does anyone know of any good 3D kit packs? I've done some searching and there doesn't seem to be many.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #545
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Heh - I actually got a foul given to me last week because two girls were hacking away at my legs while I shielded the ball (was quite shocked tbh as I wasn't particularly bothered by it they were gentle wee lasses compared to the fouls we get in leagues back home), then later on in the same game one of the same girls slid in with a two legged tackle and managed to take me down ... that match ended 2 all, was a fantastic game

I tend to act very gentle when playing in mixed leagues partially because I'm not used to playing alongside women (and I was brought up to be 'gentle' with em - I'm a good boy me ) and partially because a lot of your referee's seem convinced that soccer is a non-contract sport.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:40 AM   #546
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"
"Eggen goes berserk"

His last presser:

That hilarious but also a correct description of the man.

Nils Arne Eggen is an institution in Norwegian football. He was the coach for Rosenborg the years where they were near the “top” of European football and won a total of 13 Norwegian titles with team as a coach.

You can find some of his old press conferences on YouTube and they are close to the way you just described them.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #547
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Toddzilla -

Been playing around with the editor and created fictional MLS. I edited the nation rules etc and have a working structure with promotion/relagation etc..
However, problem I have been having is all teams do not (can not offer) offer any contracts over $8000 a week...(Thinking this is hard coded for the USA, if it is this sucks)

Have you seen this ? Is there a way around this?

Another question, for your created leagues. Did you create a new competition for the MLS, USL , etc...Or did you edit the exisiting leagues.

Thanks
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #548
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
BTW, the reason I never go is because SEGA has ignored making those things even somewhat intuitive or varied to not become annoyed by them more than involved in them.

I like them a lot more since I decided that they weren't an attempt to allow me to roleplay my in-game persona and were more of a chance to affect morale at the club. The right choices in the pre-match dog and pony show can keep your team's morale in line. If you're outclassed by tomorrow's opponent and you say so, the team doesn't get as down as when I went in always being "confident" in my team, saying we'll win, and then they got hammered.

Of course, now I expect Marc to come in here and reveal how full of it I am. Marc?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #549
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I like them a lot more since I decided that they weren't an attempt to allow me to roleplay my in-game persona and were more of a chance to affect morale at the club. The right choices in the pre-match dog and pony show can keep your team's morale in line. If you're outclassed by tomorrow's opponent and you say so, the team doesn't get as down as when I went in always being "confident" in my team, saying we'll win, and then they got hammered.

Of course, now I expect Marc to come in here and reveal how full of it I am. Marc?

Yeah - it's definately a morale-type thing.

But if you want to RP you can type your own answers out.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #550
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip View Post
Toddzilla -

Been playing around with the editor and created fictional MLS. I edited the nation rules etc and have a working structure with promotion/relagation etc..
However, problem I have been having is all teams do not (can not offer) offer any contracts over $8000 a week...(Thinking this is hard coded for the USA, if it is this sucks)

Have you seen this ? Is there a way around this?

Another question, for your created leagues. Did you create a new competition for the MLS, USL , etc...Or did you edit the exisiting leagues.

Thanks
Last question first - I created new competitions to get rid of the drafting and trading to make it more european in nature with promotions, etc .

As for the $8,000 per week limit, that seems to be a hard-coded rule for the United States that cannot be changed. Even if you create new nation rules, if the nation = USA, the teams will be forced to use that salary cap.

That is one of the reasons I put the PLA in Switzerland. The teams are still based in the US, still get US regens, but the league itself is Swiss so there is no cap.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote