Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2005, 03:17 PM   #201
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 1, 2017 -

Today we host Aston Villa in an important EPL Match without a few of our most important players. Aston Villa is in 8th while we are in 1st. They are led by the strong defensive play of Chris Cohen who is playing very well. Chris Taylor is playing well in goal for them. Ville-pekka Luukkonen is playing good strong two way football in the midfield. Fortunately for us, both of their top strikers are out injured! Mourad Meghni is a good midfielder. It's unclear who will start at both striker positions for them today.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 30's.

GK: Dani (he is young and has some talent, but is clearly not as good as I would like in such a big match.)
DL: Trotta
DC: Kompany
DC: Salva
DR: Miller
ML: Downing
MC: Godoy
MC: Heller
MR: Ortega
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Blanco (he is my best backup of what I have left despite his young age.)
S2: Cardozo
S3: Barbosa
S4: King
S5: Oswald

This made me realize that I need to pick up a European keeper to be a reliable backup this upcoming season, unless Blanco develops quite a bit more quickly.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:40 PM   #202
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minute mark: Their defense stops a flurry of shots by us.

13 minute mark: Ortega dribbles past two defenders.. crosses it long.. to Downing.. he heads it to Adriano.. he shoots.. wide left.

17 minute mark: Godoy with a nice pass to Heller in the box.. hard shot.. great save by Taylor to push it over the bar.

20 minute mark: Taylor stops a long range shot from Adriano.

21 minute mark: Ortega with a nice pass into the box.. Adriano gets it in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is Adriano's 15th of the year.

29 minute mark: Downing dribbles by his man.. diagonal cross to the middle of the box.. Adriano with a powerful header.. the keeper dives... it's past him.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

33 minute mark: Trotta with a good defensive play.. our defense is playing great!

35 minute mark: Godoy steals it from Luukkonen.. immediately shoots from 25 yards out.. blistering shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

40 minute mark: Trotta with another good defensive play.

Halftime: 3-0 lead. We are doing a good job of protecting Dani. We have over 74,000 fans here today.

70 minute mark: Rooney gets the ball left of the box.. fakes out two defenders.. crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0. Adriano has his hattrick!

78 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left half of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Oswald on for Godoy and King on for Ortega since they are both very tired.

85 minute mark: Heller passes to King who has come forward to support the attack.. King dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 6-0. Nice play by King.

Game over. 6-0 win!

We outshot them 23-2 (15-2 on target)

Adriano wins MoM, 10 for form, 10 of 14 passes, 0 tackles, 8 of 15 headers, 3 goals.

Rooney and Downing also had 10's for form.

Trotta had a 9 for form.

Everyone else had an 8.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:43 PM   #203
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 2, 2017 -

Thanks to their 2-0 loss to Sunderland, we are now 9 points ahead of 2nd placed Chelsea.

We've drawn Sunderland at their stadium in the 5th round of the English FA Cup.

Tim Howard had a poor game as he let in 2 relatively soft goals and the USA lost to Mexico 2-0 in the North American Gold Cup Semi-Final.

Freddy Adu had a decent game, but no one else really put together any good offensive attacks for the USA.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:01 PM   #204
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 4, 2017 -

Mexico played Brazil to a 0-0 tie in regulation and overtime of the North American Gold Cup Final. Mexico proceeded to win the penalty shootout 3-1 over Brazil to win the Final!

The USA beat Honduras 3-1 in the third place game. Andrew Douek-Pirotte had 2 goals for the USA from his striker position. He plays striker for Los Angeles.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #205
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 6, 2017 -

Trotta, Downing, and Rooney were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Antonio Blanco played very well for Spain's U19 team in a 2-0 win over Morocco in a friendly match.

Michael Oswald picked up a broken cheekbone in practice today and will miss 2-3 weeks.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:24 PM   #206
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 8, 2017 -

Today we (England) play a friendly at Denmark. It's just a friendly so I imagine we'll both be using some backups.

It's dry and cold with temperatures in the 30's.

GK: Chris Taylor
DL: Alan Thomas (45 minute request by his manager)
DC: Robert Morris
DC: David Evans
DR: Lee Roberts
ML: Stewart Downing (I'll only play him 45)
MC: Michael Wood
MC: Barry Parker (definitely only playing 45)
MR: Stephen Taylor (a new comer to the position)
SC: Mark Tucker (Rooney gets the game off - his manager has requested only 45)
SC: Wayne Worthington

S1: Paul Lancaster
S2: Craig King
S3: Jamie Cook
S4: John Hall
S5: Bob Wright
S6: Steven Taylor (45 request)
s7: Nicky Platt (45)
S8: Chris Cohen
S9: Steve Turner
Old 07-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #207
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

14 minute mark: Wood passes to Downing left of the box.. quick pass to Tucker.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

35 minute mark: Their defense is controlling us, but we are controlling ball possession.

40 minute mark: Parker steals it.. shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.. defense clears it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

52 minute mark: D'OH!! I forgot to take out the 45 minute guys. I pull 7 of my guys and put on subs.

Game over. 0-0 tie in which neither side really had any good chances.

We outshot them 10-6 (5-2 on target)

Kenneth Stenild, their keeper, won MoM.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #208
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 12, 2017 -

Today we host Manchester City in an EPL Match. They are in 10th place while we are in 1st. Their keeper, Libis Andres Arenas, is extremely good and is having an extremely good year. Andrew Davies is playing well at centreback. Paul Simpson is a young midfielder who continues to show significant improvement. Their defense is very good, but the offense isn't doing too well. David Miller is the leading striker and goal scorer with 6 goals. Benjamin Lauth is second with 5 goals.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 30's.

GK: Adriano
DR: Boogaart
ML: Barbosa
MC: Parker
MR: Schreurs

S1: Howard
S2: Cardozo
S3: Heller
S5: Miller
Old 07-30-2005, 05:34 PM   #209
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Barbosa dribbles past his man.. passes it to Rooney left of the box.. dribbles into the box.. cross to Godoy by the far post.. Godoy heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. Godoy's 5th of the year.

21 minute mark: Rooney steals the ball from a centreback.. shoots from 25 yards out.. banana shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. catches it.

40 minute mark: Barbosa with a corner kick to the middle of the box.. Godoy heads it.. it grazes he bar as it sails over.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. We have over 91,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Salva collides with their striker.. Salva is hurt I put Cardozo on for him

62 minute mark: Boogaart dribbles up the right side of the pitch.. crosses it to Schreurs in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney slides.. kicks the rebound.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

72 minute mark: Trotta gets a yellow card for a trip on Lauth.

73 minute mark: King on for Adriano.

85 minute mark: Rooney gets the ball at midpitch.. dribbles down the left sideline.. past two defenders.. into the left side of the box.. draws another defender over.. fires a pss to the middle of the 6 yard box.. King heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Game over. 3-0 win.

We outshot them 14-0 (8-0 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 8 of 11 passes, 1 key pass, 0 tackles, 3 of 18 headers, 11 runs, 1 foul drawn, 2 assists, and 1 goal.

Barbosa with a 9 for form.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:06 PM   #210
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Salva suffered a severe back sprain and is expected to miss 3 weeks.

I've been asked by the media how will we do without Salva due to his injury? I reply, "He is an important part of the team, but we have adequate cover."

Chelsea tied Aston Villa 1-1, and our lead over them continues to grow.

Feb 13, 2017 -

Boogaart and Rooney were both selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Feb 15, 2017 -

Alberto Flores had 2 goals and an assist with a 10 for form in our 4-2 win over Millwall's reserves.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #211
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 19, 2017 -

Today we travel to play Middlesbrough in an EPL Match. They are in 20th place while we are in 1st. They are a team on the verge of mutiny. Tehir offense isn't playing well and there defense has been weak. Their leading scorer is midfielder Jamie Cook with 6 goals. I wonder if he is going to demand a trade when they are relegated? Their second leading scorer is striker Dexter Blackstock with 5 goals. Charlie Wilson is playing strong at centreback, but no other defender is. Jan Lastuvka is playing well in goal despite facing a high number of shots.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

DC: Cardozo

S2: Schreurs
S3: Downing
s4: King
S5: Cahais
Old 07-30-2005, 06:29 PM   #212
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for arguing an offside call.

13 minute mark: Heller passes to Rooney who passes it to Adriano.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. powerful curving shot.. upper right corner... the keeper dives.. catches it.

43 minute mark: Kompany starts our counterattack.. quick pass to Heller who passes to Rooney.. who chases the ball down left of the box.. he dribbles past a defender into the box.. fires a pass towards the far post.. Ortega with a header.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us.

57 minute mark: LEGall starts their counterattack.. passes to Cook who passes to Potter who is 25 yards out.. he shoots.. it deflects off Cardozo in the box.. bounces into the left corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

73 minute mark: King on for Rooney who is tired and Schreurs on for Heller.

78 minute mark: Cook with a hard shot from 15 yards out.. Acrobatic save from Adriano.

91 minute mark: Barbosa with a corner kick.. to the near post.. Adriano heads the ball to Godoy.. he hits it on the half-volley.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!!! 2-1. We aren't going to tie this bad team!

Game over. 2-1 win

We outshot them 12-10 (6-5 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 9 for form, 15 of 24 passes, 3 key passes, 4 of 6 tackles, 0 of 4 headers, 1 interception, 8 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #213
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

With 9 games to go we are now 11 points ahead of 2nd placed Chelsea!

We are also only 19 goals short of 100!

Feb 20, 2017 -

Ortega was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:33 AM   #214
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Juventus have offered 70 million dollars for Carlos Godoy! I turn them down.
But . . . but . . . but . . . 70!
Quote:
Awww. Should have let Downing start against 'Boro. I enjoy irony.

Shut out in both Harper's and Dani's debut! Impressive!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:56 AM   #215
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
But . . . but . . . but . . . 70! Awww. Should have let Downing start against 'Boro. I enjoy irony.

Shut out in both Harper's and Dani's debut! Impressive!

You are right about Downing

I'm glad I focused on acquiring more quality defenders this year. Trotta and Kompany are giving me everything I expected. Trotta covers whatever mistakes he makes with his excellent speed

Right now, I think as a group this is my best set of defenders (although I still think Rio Ferdinand and Lucio were the best two individual defenders I've ever had.)
Old 07-31-2005, 11:33 AM   #216
TonyR
High School Varsity

Great Dynasty. I have only read this season, but it has been a great read.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:28 PM   #217
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR
Great Dynasty. I have only read this season, but it has been a great read.

Thank you
Old 07-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #218
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 22, 2017 -

Today we travel to play Mallorca in the 1st leg of the Champions League Knockout Round. They are 4th in the Spanish First Division and they have a talented team. Vincenzo Di Giacomo is an excellent striker who has 14 goals in 20 starts. Pietro Romeo is another very talented striker. Pietro is 27, and he is one of the fastest strikers in the game. He uses great speed, acceleration to get himself opportunities and has excellent finishing ability. Tyrone Earle is a strong left back. Manu is a good defensive midfielder who has excellent jumping ability and he never seems to get tired. Bruno is a 30 year old Brazilian keeper who is very good fundamentally and he always seems to have good command of the box.

We are even odd favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

SC: King

S2: Schmidt
S3: Ortega
S4: Wright
S6: Barbosa
S7: Adriano
Old 07-31-2005, 01:41 PM   #219
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Heller who passes to King who passes back to Parker.. he shoots.. strong curving shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0.

27 minute mark: Juan Manuel Ortega trips Heller.. Yellow card for their Ortega.

36 minute mark: Parker steals it.. passes it to King who quickly one touches it to Rooney in the left half of the box.. he shoots.. over the bar!

37 minute mark: Their centerback, Jesus, trips Rooney just outside the box.. yellow card for Jesus.

58 minute mark: Schreurs picks up an injury.. he is trying to play through it, but he is limping.

60 minute mark: Ortega on for Schreurs.

65 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney who centers for Parker.. he shoots.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

On the ensuing corner.. Downing kicks it to Parker.. he is tackled.. the ball rolls to Heller in the box.. Heller shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0.

70 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left half of the box.. he fakes out the defender.. shoots.. wide left.

I decide to pull Rooney for Wright since Rooney is worn out.

92 minute mark: Downing crosses it short towards the near post.. Wright heads it.. just over the bar.

Game over. 2-0 win.

We outshot them 13-2 (7-0 on target)

Parker wins MoM, 9 for form, 21 of 27 passes, 4 key passes, 0 tackles, 3 of 4 headers, 4 interceptions, 2 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:17 PM   #220
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 25, 2017 -

Our u18 team beat Manchester City 5-2. Alberto Flores had 2 goals and an assist and won MoM again. He had a 10 for form. He is making Mark Hall (who is very fast, but doesn't have any other outstanding qualities yet) look very good. Hall had 2 goals and 2 assists (both to Flores.) They both look like they could be playing for us regularly in a few years (perhaps much sooner for Flores.)

Feb. 26, 2017 -

Auxerre have fired Louis Saha

Fulham shocked Arsenal 3-2 to win the English League Cup.

March 1, 2017 -

The board are absolutely thrilled with the level of commitment that I continue to show the club.

Wayne Rooney has won the EPL Player of the Month. This might be his finest season ever. I apologize to him for suggesting that this might be the beginning of the end. Mike Jongerius of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Ruben Ariel olivera of Sheff Wed. came in 3rd.

Fullham's Craig Gardner, a 21 year old fullback, won the EPL Young Player of the Month. John Woodward of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Christian Giusti of Newcastle came in 3rd.

Derby Countys Keith Branagan won the EPL Manager of the Month for winning 2 of their 6 league matches this month. I guess they factored in how impressive winning 2 EPL Matches with that talent level was. Pako Ayestaran of Liverpool came in 2nd, and Willie Donachie of West Brom came in 3rd.

Carlos Godoy won the Goal of the Month for his striker against Aston Villa on Feb 1.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:20 PM   #221
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 1, 2017 -

Today we play at Sunderland in the 5th round FA Cup Match. Sunderland are led by midfielder Thomas Hassing Skjaerbaek who is their leading scorer with 12 goals and their leading assist man with 9 assists. Jose Ignacio Carreno is playing well on right wing. Alessandro Guidetti is playing well at striker. Carl Smith and Philippe Senderos have been just ok at centreback this year. Martin Nunez is their keeper, and he has been good in goal.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 50's.

s1: Howard
S5: Marchetti
Old 07-31-2005, 07:42 PM   #222
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Cardozo starts our counterattack.. heads it to Ortega.. he makes a perfect pass over Adriano's head.. it falls to his feet.. Adriano runs into the box.. beats two defenders.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

20 minute mark: Heller gets a yellow card for tripping Skjaerbaek.

50 minute mark: Their defense is stopping most of our passes before they can find their target in the box.

55 minute mark: Downing passes to Godoy who one touches it back to him left of the box.. Downing crosses it to the far post.. Adriano heads it.. over the bar.

61 minute mark: Barbosa on for Downing and King on for Rooney who is tired.

73 minute mark: Barbosa passes it to Godoy who quickly passes it between two defenders to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0!

Game over. 2-0 win for us

We outshot them 18-12 (6-3 on target)

Carlos Godoy wins MoM, 10 for form, 20 of 25 passes, 6 key passes, 6 of 8 tackles, 3 of 4 headers, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Ortega also had a 10 for form.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:19 PM   #223
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 1, 2017 -

Alberto Flores suffered a groin strain in my reserve team's latest game. I wonder if he is playing too much between the reserve and u18 squad and if I should start limiting him to just reserve matches? In any case, he is out for 2 more weeks.

In 20 starts this year he has 30 goals, 10 assists, and 9 MoM awards!

After beating Sunderland, we will play at Bristol C on the 11th in the 6th round of the English FA Cup.

Adriano Trotta suffered a sprained ankle and will miss about a week.

My physio's recommend sending Flores to a specialist for physiotherapy. He will be out 3 to 4 weeks.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:23 PM   #224
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 4, 2017 -

Today we travel to play the Wolves in an EPL Match. They are in 19th. We are in 1st by 11 points. They are led by jesus Rubio, a 23 year old strong Spanish midfielder. He is a good passer, but doesn't have many assists. Their leading striker is Antonio who has 6 goals in 26 starts. Leandro is second on the team with 5 goals despite only 5 starts and 13 relief appearances. Keith Brown is a decent left winger. Michele Sardo has been inconsistent in goal for them this year. He is averaging almost 2 goals/game conceded.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

DL: Schmidt

S2: Marchetti
S3: Downing
S4: Oswald
S5: Adriano
Old 07-31-2005, 08:41 PM   #225
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Moreira steals it from Adriano! He shoots.. into the open net! GOAL. Down 1-0.

38 minute mark: Kompany passes it 25 yards back.. Adriano gets it.. turns and steps into his own goal!!!! WTF! Own goal for Adriano. Down 2-0.

40 minute mark: Schmidt passes it to King in teh box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

43 minute mark: Schmidt gets a yellow card for tripping Moreira.

44 minute mark: King with an aggressive play for a loose ball.. yellow card.

Halftime: Down 2-0 and Adriano really cost us both goals

55 minute mark: Barbosa passes it to Parker just outside the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

58 minute mark: Parker is called for pulling Rubio's jersey.. he gets away with a warning.. he argues the call.. yellow card for Parker.

62 minute mark: Oswald on for King and Downing on for Parker.

66 minute mark: Downing passes it to Rooney in the box.. he centers it for Downing.. Downing shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney gets the rebound.. shoots.. over the bar.

67 minute mark: Adriano on for Godoy and I switch to a 4-1-2-1-2 with an offensive emphasis.

75 minute mark: Their defenders stop a pair of our shots.

77 minute mark: Rooney with a 30 yard shot.. upper right corner.. good save by their keeper.

90 minute mark: Their defenders stop another flurry of shots before they can reach goal.

91 minute mark: Downing passes to Oswald in the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Game over. 2-0 loss.

We outshot them 19-1 (8-1 on target)

Adriano, GK had one of the worst keeper games I've ever seen.

Michele Sardo won MoM, 9 for form, 8 saves, 12 of 26 passes.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:53 AM   #226
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Ouch. That's a rough loss.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #227
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ouch. That's a rough loss.

Yeah, it really annoyed me. I figured I better stop playing before I did something stupid like transfer listing him
Old 08-02-2005, 09:49 AM   #228
TonyR
High School Varsity

Rough game for your keeper. Maybe he was paid off by your opponent.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:00 PM   #229
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar 8, 2017 -

Today we host Mallorca in the 2nd leg of the 1st knockout round of the Champions League. We are up 2-0 on aggregate.

We are even odd favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 40's.

Injured: Schmidt and Trotta are both out. Rooney is doubtful, but is insisting on playing.

DL: Cardozo
DC: Boogaart

S2: Parker
S3: Schreurs
S4: Oswald
S5: Cahais
s6: Barbosa
S7: King
Old 08-03-2005, 05:19 PM   #230
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Heller steals it.. passes it to Ortega at midpitch.. he makes a perfect pass to Rooney's feet just outside the box.. Rooney splits two defenders.. crossover dribble past the keeper.. beats the keeper.. fires it into the open net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

10 minute mark: Cardozo with a pair of good defensive plays.

22 minute mark: Cardozo dribbles up the left sideline, past three defenders.. crosses it short to Rooney.. he traps it.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Good save by the keeper.

37 minute mark: Heller intercepts the ball at midpitch.. long pass to Rooney.. he dribbles past the keeper.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. 4-0 on aggregate. Rooney will get 10 more minutes to complete the hattrick before I'm resting him.

46 minute mark: Heller steals the ball... heads it to Downing who immediately passes to Godoy just outside the box.. Godoy shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

49 minute mark: Salva gets a yellow card for tripping Ledema.

56 minute mark: Mauro gets charged for an own goal on what I thought was really a good shot by Godoy. Godoy clearly made that goal happen. GOAL. 4-0.

Oswald on for Rooney and Cahais on for Salva.

70 minute mark: We are applying constant pressure, but their defense is preventing us from scoring.

Game over. 4-0 win (6-0 on aggregate)

We outshot them 11-7 (6-3 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 9 of 15 passes, 1 key pass, 2 of 3 tackles, 2 of 5 headers, 2 interceptions, 17 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.

Rooney had a 9 for form.

Most of our starters had an 8 for form.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:47 PM   #231
TonyR
High School Varsity

Nice bounce back from the loss.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:03 PM   #232
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. Just got home from a nice dinner with my wife. Time for some FM
Old 08-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #233
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 10, 2017 -

We've drawn Porto in the Quarter Final of the Champions League. I'm quite happy with this draw. We'll play them on April 5th.

March 11, 2017 -

Today we travel to play Bristol C in the 6th round of the English FA Cup. Bristol C is 17th in the EPL and they are missing a few of their best players. Striker Tomi Petrescu is their best scorer but he is out injured. Left back Gary Shultis, Jr. is also out injured. They will be relying on centreback Justin Hoyte who has done well this year. James Carter is their #2 striker and he has done ok with 6 goals this year. Many is doing well in goal for them the last few weeks.

We are 1-4 favorites.

It's windy with temperatures in the 50's.

DL: Cardozo
SC: Oswald

S2: Rooney
Old 08-03-2005, 10:31 PM   #234
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Adriano stops a long range shot from Taylor.

28 minute mark: Parker intercepts it.. passes it to Adriano.. he shoots.. the keeper saves it.

33 minute mark: Adriano passes it long to Ortega.. he passes it to Adriano just outside the box.. Adriano spins from the defender.. into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

46 minute mark: Cardozo starts our counterattack.. long pass to Oswald.. he quickly passes between two defenders.. to Adriano.. he shoots.. powerful curving shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

58 minute mark: Barbosa passes it to Oswald in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.

61 minute mark: Barbosa with a corner kick.. to the middle of the box.. Parker heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

64 minute mark: Barbosa dribbles past two defenders.. dribbles into the left side of the box.. he passes between two defenders to Adriano.. he heads it... upper right corner... GOAL!!!!! 4-0. That is Adriano's Hattrick!

68 minute mark: King on for Oswald and Marchetti on for Cardozo.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 12-6 (7-2 on target)

Adriano won MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 18 passes, 2 key passes, 0 tackles, 8 of 8 headers, 1 foul drawn, and 3 goals.

Barbosa also had a 10 for form.

Ortega had a 9 for form. All other starts had an 8.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #235
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We are through to the Semi-Final of the FA Cup after that 4-0 win.

My AM, Antonio Alvarez has told me that he was very impressed with the team's performance tonight, and he feels my pre-match comments to the media (in which I guaranteed that we would win tonight) was well received by my team. He feels that Adriano reacted particularly well and was quite thrilled by the confidence I showed in the team.

Mar. 13, 2017 -

Barry Parker suffered a back strain today in practice and will miss 2-4 weeks

The FA Cup draw occured, and we will be traveling to play either Fulham or Liverpool in the Semi Final of the FA Cup.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #236
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar 14, 2017 -

Matias Cahais suffered several fractured ribs in practice today. He will miss 3-4 weeks.

March 16, 2017 -

Jeroen Schreurs has told the press that he is a World Class Right Winger and he expects to be in our first team more regularly.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:46 AM   #237
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Thanks. Just got home from a nice dinner with my wife. Time for some FM
Coming home from a nice romantic dinner, EF pulls her inside the door, delivers a smoldering kiss and dims the light . . . the tone is set, the mood is right. Looking Mrs EF with eyes full of passion, EF says, "Honey, I'll be on the computer for a bit."
Old 08-04-2005, 08:40 AM   #238
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Great read, I love when these dynasties get so far into the game. You're talking about Rooney's retirement, it's just fun. Kind of inspired me to start pecking at one of my own, keep it up!
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:53 AM   #239
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Coming home from a nice romantic dinner, EF pulls her inside the door, delivers a smoldering kiss and dims the light . . . the tone is set, the mood is right. Looking Mrs EF with eyes full of passion, EF says, "Honey, I'll be on the computer for a bit."

Ok, I didn't get on the computer immediately or even very soon after getting back from dinner
Old 08-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #240
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcPow
Great read, I love when these dynasties get so far into the game. You're talking about Rooney's retirement, it's just fun. Kind of inspired me to start pecking at one of my own, keep it up!

Thanks

I'm hopeful in playing this dynasty for at least 15 or so more game years. I want to see if Flores ever becomes a great player. The thing that concerns me about him is that his first touch is low, but he has all of the other signs.

I figure the next version of FM will probably require a few patches before it is dynasty worthy, and I'll probably continue this dynasty (albeit at a slower pace) even after that happens. However, I really wish they made importing of careers possible from one version to the the other, but I realize that won't happen. Of course, I wouldn't want it to happen if it hurt the progress from version to version.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying the dynasty
Old 08-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #241
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
However, I really wish they made importing of careers possible from one version to the the other, but I realize that won't happen. Of course, I wouldn't want it to happen if it hurt the progress from version to version.

You'd think it might be possible, as I know that the database framework for FM was built with a lot of things included that weren't really fully implemented in 2005. If the database structure itself is going to be fairly consistent, it would seem like some kind of roster export would be possible. But I agree completely, I'd rather they test the crap out of everything else than worry about making things backward compatible. With a program this complex I'm guessing the headaches are bad enough as it is, would be nice though.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #242
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar 18, 2017 -

Today we host Fulham in an EPL Match. We are in first by 11 points with 8 games to go. Fulham is currently in 7th place. They have a trio of dynamic scorers this year and a good defense. Collins John leads the team with 15 goals from his striker position. David has 14 goals from his striker position, and Nico has 13 goals from his striker position. They are using three strikers some matches with very nice effect. Their defense is led by Wayne Dunn and Alejandro Lozano who are both playing well. Michael Rensing is playing well in goal this year.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 60's.

S2: Schreurs
Old 08-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #243
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick towards the middle of the box.. Heller heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0.

29 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

42 minute mark: Heller passes to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper saves it.

44 minute mark: Heller passes to Adriano in the box.. he draws two defenders.. centers it for Heller.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. We have just over 65,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Boogaart dribbles up the right sideline.. past two defenders.. makes a very fine cross.. to middle of the box.. Heller knocks it down.. turns.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0! Heller has his hattrick!

56 minute mark: Trotta steals the ball in our zone.. long pass to Rooney.. he dribbles into the box.. the defense steals it from him.

62 minute mark: Schreurs on for Ortega and Barbosa on for Godoy.

72 minute mark: King on for Rooney.

73 minute mark: Robbie Foy passes it to Collins John in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. 3-1.

79 minute mark: Salva gets a yellow card for tripping Collins just outside the box.

Game over. 3-1 win.

We outshot them 13-2 (8-2 on target)

Heller wins MoM, 10 for form, 30 of 35 passes, 1 key pass, 6 of 8 tackles, 5 of 7 headers, 1 foul drawn, and 3 goals.

Downing also had a 10 for form.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #244
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 19, 2017 -

Harrogate Town have been relegated from League One.

With 7 games to go, we are 11 points ahead of 2nd placed Chelsea. We have scored 84 goals on the year (1st by a very wide margin) and have allowed 25 (3rd.)

March 22, 2017 -

Boogaart, Downing, and Heller were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

March 25, 2017 -

Tim Howard played well for the USA in their 2-0 win over Costa Rica in the World Cup Qualifying Match.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #245
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mar. 25, 2017 -

Today we (England) host Faroe Islands in a World Cup Qualifying Match. They are a weak team with no discernable stars.

We are 1-10 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 50's.

GK: Chris Taylor
DL: Alan Thomas
DC: Ben Bennett
DC: David Evans
DR: Lee Roberts
ML: Stewart Downing
MC: Michael Wood
MC: Stephen Taylor
MR: Aaron Lennon
SC: Wayne Rooney
SC: Craig King

S1: Paul Lancaster
S2: Chris Cohen
S3: Jack Lee
s4: Nicky Platt
S5: Robert Morris
S6: Steve Turner
S7: Wayne Worthington
Old 08-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #246
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. into the box.. he passes it.. over King's head!

13 minute mark: We get off a flurry of shots.. Wood gets a rebound.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Lennon gets the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

19 minute mark: Downing centers it to Wood just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

25 minute mark: Roberts with a long pass to Downing left of the box.. he dribbles into the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

41 minute mark: Their defender trips Rooney in the box.. King takes the penalty.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Halftime: 4-0 lead. We have over 80,000 fans here today.

Platt on for Rooney and Lee on for Downing.

55 minute mark: Taylor passes to Platt by the left post.. he fakes right.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Game over. 5-0 win

We outshot them 31-1 (18-1 on target)

Aaron Lennon (who only started because I forgot to call Eagles up) wins MoM from the right wing position.

Lennon had a 10 for form, 9 of 11 passe,s 2 key passes, 4 of 5 tackles, 0 of 3 headers, 2 interceptions, 15 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.

Downing also had a 10 for form.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #247
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 26, 2017 -

Media pundits have written an article suggesting that Lebohang Mokoena of Liverpool is likely to sweep the player of the year awards once the season is over.

World Cup Qualifying Round-up:

Adriano Trotta played well for Italy and had a goal and an assist in their 3-0 win over Bulgaria.

Mickael Schmidt had an assist for France in their 2-0 win over Moldova.

Helder Barbosa had an assist for Portugal in their 2-0 win over Bosnia.

Antonio Ortega had 3 assists for Spain in their 5-0 win over Azerbaijan.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #248
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 27, 2017 -

Alberto Flores didn't play well for Spain's U19 team in their 2-1 loss to Israel today.

March 29, 2017 -

Tim Howard played well in the USA's 4-2 win over Jamaica in the World Cup Qualifying Match. Freddy Adu had 3 goals and an assist in the match (to Mighel Jackson.)

April 1, 2017 -

The board is thrilled with my performance as manager.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:18 AM   #249
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 5, 2017 -

Today we play at Porto in the first leg of the Champions League Quarterfinal. We are missing a few of our key players due to World Cup Qualifying matches! They are missing one of their strikers (their 3rd striker) due to injury. Tiago Maia is a 29 year old striker with good speed and good scoring ability, but he isn't that good. We should be able to contain him, and he is their leading scorer. Fernando Moreira is 3 years younger and worries me more. He is fast as well and he has a more well rounded game. We'll be watching him closely. Rui Sousa is a fast talented midfielder who mostly uses his superior physical abilities to outplay the opposition. Thiago is a good centreback who is also lethal on corner kicks as a target man. He is an excellent leaper. Rui Caeiro is a 21 year old keeper with good potential who is already fairly talented.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 60's.

Away on international duty: Cardozo, Cahaais, Adriano, Adraino (GK), Godoy.

GK: Howard

S1: Blanco
S4: Flores
S6: Oswald
S7: Wright
Old 08-06-2005, 11:32 AM   #250
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Downing passes into the box.. Rooney shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. King shoots the rebound.. a defender blocks it.. Parker shoots.. a defender blocks it and clears it.

8 minute mark: sousa shoots from 20 yards out.. hits the crossbar.. Howard clears the rebound.

14 minute mark: Alves dribbles past two of my men.. passes to Maia in the left side of the box.. he centers it to Pepe in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. Howard is slow to get to it.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

26 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot from Maia.

35 minute mark: Parker steals the ball.. passes it to Rooney just inside the box.. he shoots immediately.. lower right corner.. it is just inside the post... GOAL!!!!! 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1 tie.

50 minute mark: Carlos passes to Pepe who is 30 yards out.. he shoots a powerful banana shot.. upper right corner.. Howard tries to get to it.. it's too fast.. he can't get there. GOAL. Down 2-1.

60 minute mark: Ortega gets a yellow card for tripping Pepe.

61 minute mark: Alves with a corner kick to the near post.. Pepe heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1. Clearly, I should have been more worried about Pepe!

74 minute mark: Oswald on for Parker and Schreurs on for Ortega.

88 minute mark: Rooney takes a free kick from 25 yards out.. strong curving shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Game over. 3-1 loss on the road.

We were outshot 12-6 (5-5 on target)

Pepe wins MoM, 10 for form, 20 of 25 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 4 of 5 headers, 3 goals.

The 34 year old veteran Brazilian centreback/midfielder clearly still had something left!