Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #3201
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm still willing to consider DT today, but I'm more interested in pursuing PackerFan and Dubb. I feel they're top suspects out of the ones I have left. Since you have shown willingness to possibly go after PF, Hoops, and i think others have, I will try him.

VOTE PACKERFANATIC

Autumn, you're high on my trust list (not "hoops" high, but high), and your reads have seemed to be good, so I am inclined to follow you onto PF. I think if I was going on my own, I might lean toward DT, but that's tough--I am influenced by hoops' noting some of the decisions DT has made which would seem to lead to him being a villager. My DT feel is mroe gut than anything.

From what I can tell, PF has a good vote or two as well, but I think it was fleeting enough that he could have been doing it as a trust vote.

I don't know that I am ready to vote Lathum, but I think it's interesting to note that we seem to be having trouble pinning potential wolves down in the remainder of the village. By process of elimination, it would almost lead one to Lathum, despite his protestations. At some point (and soon, we don't have much time), we may have to consider him more carefully.

For now, though, I am comfortable trying to follow vote record and vouching to an extent.

I'm with hoops on dubb, BTW. Not sure he could eb a wolf and make the moves he did. If he did, kudos to him.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #3202
Autumn
Head Coach

I agree, Chief. Basically I feel like process of elimination has led me to a list of suspects, and I'm sure the wolves must be there. Frankly, they're not the ones I would necessarily distrust the most, or the ones with the worst voting records. Frankly, Jackal and Abe had the worst voting records, so I'm not sure we can go too strongly by that.

Lathum has a wolf-vibe, sure, but I usually feel that way every game. I am trending towards believing him on his role and therefore his villager status but I may very well vote him in a day or two. This day however I think we have better candidates, by which I mean candidates who don't have anything to vouch for them other than perhaps voting. Frankly, I think maybe the wolves have played a game of giving themselves good voting records, as nobody left has a real bad voting record, and most of the villagers voted off have had abysmal ones.

Poli, Dubb and PF have so far not had to risk much in conversation, they're UTR I guess you could say though. I'd like to have the pressure on them and see what they can offer to sway us. I think we have at worst a 2/3 shot of hitting a wolf there.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #3203
Autumn
Head Coach

I would not normally encourage the village to follow my hunches. I don't have a knack for that. But I"m putting myself out front here because I think I'm working with more information than the rest of the village.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #3204
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is it just me or does Poli seem to have to good a voting record?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #3205
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, he was latched on to Telle for quite a while, so that's what bumped his numbers so high, FWIW
Old 05-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #3206
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree, Chief. Basically I feel like process of elimination has led me to a list of suspects, and I'm sure the wolves must be there. Frankly, they're not the ones I would necessarily distrust the most, or the ones with the worst voting records. Frankly, Jackal and Abe had the worst voting records, so I'm not sure we can go too strongly by that.

Lathum has a wolf-vibe, sure, but I usually feel that way every game. I am trending towards believing him on his role and therefore his villager status but I may very well vote him in a day or two. This day however I think we have better candidates, by which I mean candidates who don't have anything to vouch for them other than perhaps voting. Frankly, I think maybe the wolves have played a game of giving themselves good voting records, as nobody left has a real bad voting record, and most of the villagers voted off have had abysmal ones.

Poli, Dubb and PF have so far not had to risk much in conversation, they're UTR I guess you could say though. I'd like to have the pressure on them and see what they can offer to sway us. I think we have at worst a 2/3 shot of hitting a wolf there.

Based on your last paragraph - we've seen that dubb has made some votes that would have been tough for a wolf, and i'm willing to give poli the benefit of the doubt (although he could be the wolf that they decided to use to "push" Telle so that she could brutal-someone), but I'm not sure that's our highest percentage play.

Of those 3 names you mentioned then, I think that leads to PF.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #3207
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I will give kudos to the wolves this game though - they've played it quite well.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #3208
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

this has nothing to do with the game.

someone give me a number between 1-9
Old 05-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #3209
hoopsguy
General Manager

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #3210
hoopsguy
General Manager

Slow day when I'm the first reply, three minutes later.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #3211
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, now I need a number 1-5
Old 05-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #3212
Danny
Head Coach

What is this for?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #3213
Danny
Head Coach

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #3214
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #3215
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
What is this for?
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #3216
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would agree with this, except DT is claiming he is no longer of use to us while my ability has yet to manifest itself.

DT, was your ability a one time thing?

when exactly will your ability manifest itself...that is hardly a role reveal, since i am not asking what your ability is...simply a timeframe
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #3217
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
when exactly will your ability manifest itself...that is hardly a role reveal, since i am not asking what your ability is...simply a timeframe

Danny won't allow me to say, but I think I've made enough references to point in the correct direction.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #3218
hoopsguy
General Manager

I remain extremely skeptical on Lathum's role and very much look forward to seeing what it is in the postgame if in fact he is a villager.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #3219
saldana
Pro Starter

ok...so heres my thing today...i dont think both lathum and hoops are villagers, but i cant decide which one to go with.

if we lynch hoops, and are wrong, we lose a villager, then we lose the night kill as well and go down two for the day to however many wolves are left.

but, if we lynch lathum today, and he is telling the truth about not being able to be lynched, we only go down one (the night kill), and we have ended the lathum question....i cannot imagine a wolf role that needs to be lynched twice in the same game with a brutal and a cunning.

vote lathum
Old 05-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #3220
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE PACKERFANATIC
Old 05-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #3221
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

saldana raises an interesting point about lathum - and one that we probably should have resolved long ago
Old 05-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #3222
saldana
Pro Starter

also, i have iron pigs tickets for tonight, so i will not be around at the deadline
Old 05-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #3223
Autumn
Head Coach

anyone keeping a vote count?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #3224
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

iron pigs? is that a band??

i should be around after 6:30 i hope
Old 05-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #3225
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WTF is an iron pig?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #3226
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
saldana raises an interesting point about lathum - and one that we probably should have resolved long ago

and what point is that?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #3227
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE LATHUM

Sal makes a good point about Lathum's role, whatever that may be. This vote is subject to change, but I think the count is pretty close as it is.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #3228
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmmm

not a fan.

I see Sals points but the wolves also know this gives us another day of not killing a wolf.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #3229
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
iron pigs? is that a band??

i should be around after 6:30 i hope

Quote:
WTF is an iron pig?

the phillies AAA franchise = the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs
Old 05-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #3230
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Getting caught up.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #3231
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
the phillies AAA franchise = the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs

who you going with?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #3232
hoopsguy
General Manager

PF, why Lathum today and not yesterday?

What made Abe more compelling yesterday than Lathum at that time?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #3233
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Just so we are clear - there are two people who have expressed a high degree of certainty that I am not a wolf but I'm the only person with votes right now?

If Autumn comes out and reveals that he KNOWS you are a villager like CR I would expect every player in the game other than you 3 to vote for one of you.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #3234
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, here is the thing with Sals plan.

We assume we are 6-3. If we don't have a lynch today that puts us at 5-3 after the night kill that can't be blocked.

Which means we have to be 100% tomorrow or we are screwed.

NOW

if we lynch a villager today we are at 5-3 going into the night phase. They get their kill and it is 4-3 and we still have a shot at a kill tomorrow to stay alive.

so either way we have to be 100% today or tomorrow.

Now if you think I am a wolf by all means vote for me, but if you don't then I think we need to try and find a wolf today. By voting today we get 2 shots, one today and 1 tomorrow. By using Sals plan we only get 1 shot at it tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #3235
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

It was between the two of them for me, and no one other than you was giving good reasons why Lathum was a better candidate. I still don't know if he is even a good candidate today, but like Sal, I am curious to see what it is that triggers his role that he has been talking about since day 2 and I think what he is could determine a lot going forward.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #3236
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i don't want to vote for myself because i know i'm a villager, albeit one who can now no longer provide any useful info on anybody.

i'd rather vote lathum than saldana, just b/c i don't think lathum+hoops are on the same side. but i suppose saldana + pf + lathum/hoops could be the trio of wolves left...

Are you indicating that your role has suggested that Lathum and Hoops aren't on the same side?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #3237
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

UNVOTE LATHUM

Good point...I am not 100% convinced you are a wolf, and I'd rather have 1 additional chance to get it right tomorrow than royally screw us over today.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #3238
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It is hard to stay UTR when you have made the votes I have. If you think I am UTR so far this game then I think you are wolf spewing shit and hoping it sticks.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #3239
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes through post #3237:

Lathum - Saldana (3219)
DT - Hoops (3168)
PF - Autumn (3183), DT (3220)

#3113 - Lathum votes Hoops 1-0
#3123 - DT votes Hoops 2-0
#3168 - Hoops votes DT 2-1 Hoops over DT
#3170 - Lathum unvotes Hoops 1-1 Hoops/DT
#3183 - Autumn votes PF 1-1-1 Hoops/DT/PF
#3187 - DT unvotes Hoops 1-1 DT/PF
#3219 - Saldana votes Lathum 1-1-1 DT/PF/Lathum
#3220 - DT votes PF 2-1-1 PF over DT/Lathum
#3227 - PF votes Lathum 2-2-1 PF/Lathum over DT
#3237 - PF unvotes Lathum 2-1-1 PF over DT/Lathum
Old 05-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #3240
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Hoops

I think I provided my reasons like night and I see no reason to change my mind with what I seen in here so far today. I just really have a bad feeling that Hoops is playing the role of puppet master here and it appears so far everyone is eating it up. I'm having a hard time so far this game finding even one time where Hoops has questioned someone and convinced them to go elsewhere and it actually ended up being the right move for the village.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #3241
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm really torn.

Part of me feels Hoops is playing us, but the only way I see that is if they have some double kill mechanic.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #3242
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
It is hard to stay UTR when you have made the votes I have. If you think I am UTR so far this game then I think you are wolf spewing shit and hoping it sticks.

I tried to make clear that I was referring to in conversation, not in voting. As I said, you have a good voting record.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #3243
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm really torn.

Part of me feels Hoops is playing us, but the only way I see that is if they have some double kill mechanic.

If they have 3 left and it is 4/3 today they have alot of freedom tomarrow. I really see it as end game strat here on the Hoops/CR reveal. As I already said they crit one of us remaining villagers tomorrow and then I would guess they put out 3 early quick votes on someone and hope the tie mechanic is either tie=no lynch or tie=first to receive last vote first as it is in nearly every game I have ever played.

I really think it is short sighted to think there is no way Hoops and CR have thought this through and have come up with a plan if they are both wolves.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #3244
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Vote Hoops

I think I provided my reasons like night and I see no reason to change my mind with what I seen in here so far today. I just really have a bad feeling that Hoops is playing the role of puppet master here and it appears so far everyone is eating it up. I'm having a hard time so far this game finding even one time where Hoops has questioned someone and convinced them to go elsewhere and it actually ended up being the right move for the village.

How about yesterday, when I suggested Abe was not the right choice prior to him launching his own defense?

Dubb, do you think that me + Chief + Autumn are the last wolves and we have a double kill metric in place to make that work? Work through the numbers, come up with a way that works. It is kind of a useless exercise with me not being a wolf, but I want you to draw that conclusion yourself.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #3245
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
How about yesterday, when I suggested Abe was not the right choice prior to him launching his own defense?

Dubb, do you think that me + Chief + Autumn are the last wolves and we have a double kill metric in place to make that work? Work through the numbers, come up with a way that works. It is kind of a useless exercise with me not being a wolf, but I want you to draw that conclusion yourself.

Done and done
Old 05-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #3246
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If they have 3 left and it is 4/3 today they have alot of freedom tomarrow. I really see it as end game strat here on the Hoops/CR reveal. As I already said they crit one of us remaining villagers tomorrow and then I would guess they put out 3 early quick votes on someone and hope the tie mechanic is either tie=no lynch or tie=first to receive last vote first as it is in nearly every game I have ever played.

I really think it is short sighted to think there is no way Hoops and CR have thought this through and have come up with a plan if they are both wolves.

Really risky to rush to the "first to three, hope I guess the tiebreaker" when the alternative is to play it more slowly and take advantage of how confused the villagers have been just about the entire game.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #3247
Autumn
Head Coach

I can be sure at this point that Hoops is not playing us. If you assume Hoops/CR are good, where would you vote, Lathum?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #3248
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I can be sure at this point that Hoops is not playing us. If you assume Hoops/CR are good, where would you vote, Lathum?

LOL Now the 3 of you are vouching for each other? You have to be kidding me.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #3249
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

This is really starting to smell of Hoops more and more.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #3250
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Hoops

I have to go with my gut here