Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #151
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well-

100 meters - Agility, Conditioning, Anything else?
Shotput - Strength, Agility?
Long Jump - Agility, Heart?
Javelin - Stength, What else?
Arm Wrestling - Strength, Heart

Any other thoughts? I'm at 20 strength, 16 Conditioning, 10 Agility, 8 Heart.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #152
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I have more heart than you so i think i should probably do the arm wrestling and you do the javelin. unless someone else is better? My agility is at 14, anyone higher than that?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:23 AM   #153
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Congrats DV!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:27 AM   #154
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Well-

100 meters - Agility, Conditioning, Anything else?
Shotput - Strength, Agility?
Long Jump - Agility, Heart?
Javelin - Stength, What else?
Arm Wrestling - Strength, Heart

Any other thoughts? I'm at 20 strength, 16 Conditioning, 10 Agility, 8 Heart.

100M-I'd say you're on the money unless it's Agility/Dodging
Shotput-Strength for sure, maybe Control
Long Jump-Agility or Dodging
Javelin-Strength or Agility and Control
Arm Wrestling-Strength and Toughness or Heart

My Agility is 18, so I could do the 100M...maybe the Long Jump.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #155
Autumn
Head Coach

This is me guys:

Punches 8
Kicks 8
Clinch 18
Strength 20
Agility 14
Dodging 8
Heart 10
Takedowns 18
Takedown defense 12
Ground and Pound 8
Ground Game 18
Submissions 18
Submission Defense 10
Conditioning 14
Toughness 18
Control 13
Aggressiveness 8
KO Resistance 18
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #156
Autumn
Head Coach

I assume that this will be tricker than it may seem - in that skills that aren't clear uses for an event must be involved.

Strength and Control are fairly high for me, so I should be good at shotput I would guess. Arm wrestling, maybe aggressiveness would play into it? submissions?

Javeline would be maybe agility and control.

Size might play into it too. I'm 7'1 and 265. I'll let you guys ponder this, I've got to run to a soccer game.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #157
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think my best event would be arm wrestling. I don't think I would be worth a damn in any of the other events. That said I think RA is a natural for either long jump or 100 dash and Autumn is probably the best for shot put.

I think CF with his high strength and control would be a good fit for Javelin. I guess then it is a matter of coming down between DV and myself for arm wrestling. We are both super strong, but I am also super aggressive, while he has more heart than I do. Whichever we feel is the worse fit for arm wrestling I guess we stick into either 100M or long jump, whichever RA feels less comfortable doing.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #158
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll do whatever you need me to do, but that being said you can pencil me in for the 100M.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #159
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm up for anything. Agility sounds like running. I think we're agreed that strength goes well with shotput and javelin. But does agility matter too for either. My agility is horrible, but control good. That's the question.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #160
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think my best event would be arm wrestling. I don't think I would be worth a damn in any of the other events. That said I think RA is a natural for either long jump or 100 dash and Autumn is probably the best for shot put.

I think CF with his high strength and control would be a good fit for Javelin. I guess then it is a matter of coming down between DV and myself for arm wrestling. We are both super strong, but I am also super aggressive, while he has more heart than I do. Whichever we feel is the worse fit for arm wrestling I guess we stick into either 100M or long jump, whichever RA feels less comfortable doing.

I think this sounds pretty good in general. Any other thoughts?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #161
Autumn
Head Coach

100 M - RA
Shotput - Autumn
Javelin - CF
Long Jump - DV
Arm Wrestling - Dubb

Is this what we go with?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #162
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Sure why not. I'm game

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #163
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
100 M - RA
Shotput - Autumn
Javelin - CF
Long Jump - DV
Arm Wrestling - Dubb

Is this what we go with?

Sounds good to me. Let's do it.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #164
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
100 M - RA
Shotput - Autumn
Javelin - CF
Long Jump - DV
Arm Wrestling - Dubb

Is this what we go with?

I support this. I was about to come in here and say that with my aggressiveness I think I would be the better fit for arm wrestling. Lets do this tonight guys and win this.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #165
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Congratulations, you get to chose the final two matchups of the team competition. You will gain one more advantage... some fighter details will follow shortly.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #166
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Starting stat summary for the two fighters (will not include any bonus points which may have been added).

Chief Rum:
All around fighter. Did not max any skill out. Best starting numbers were submissions and aggression at 16. Added at least 2 to every category with dodging and GNP starting as the lowest of his values at 10.

chesapeake:
Added nothing to kicks and only 1 to submission defense. Maxed nothing out. His highest was strength at 17. Solid ground game and GNP.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #168
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I want Chesapeake. That said I think we can win both of them.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #169
Autumn
Head Coach

I posted my skills before. I"ve got great submission, so maybe would match up against Chesapeake, but am not sure that's right. I think we should definitely use what we know about these two to line up the last two fights. Someone with a GNP or kick/punch game might work well against Chief.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #170
Autumn
Head Coach

Given how DV wiped the floor in his contest, maybe we should have him as one of the final two guys.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #171
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, should have added. The final two fighters for you will be the two that have not yet fought, dubb being one. Their final two are Chief and cesapeake. You just have he advantage of picking what the matchups will be.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #172
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I posted my skills before. I"ve got great submission, so maybe would match up against Chesapeake, but am not sure that's right. I think we should definitely use what we know about these two to line up the last two fights. Someone with a GNP or kick/punch game might work well against Chief.

I'm not sure you fully understand how this works. You have been eliminated and everyone else other than myself and CF have already had their first round fights. Basically is it who matches up the best between myself and CF and these guys.

CF posted his guy and I think his lack of defensive ground game poses a huge issue against Ches who is said to have a good ground game. I think he would be better suited against CR for that reason.

On top of that, and I could be wrong, but I think I match up really well against both of these guys so it doesn't really matter which one I fight I think I have a better than 50/50 chance of winning.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #173
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, sorry guys, trying to catch up quickly in the midst of work. Go ahead and pick the matchups Dubb, sounds like you've got a handle on it.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #174
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Got the fights PM'd to me.

CR/CF
ches/dubb

If they are set in stone I will post the matchups. The fights will be at 10 to give those involved a chance to tweak their strategies (if needed).
Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #175
Autumn
Head Coach

Sounds good to me.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #176
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #177
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Alright my strat is in and I'm ready to rock. I hope I made the right calls.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #178
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

No hard feelings DV. The team aspect of this is over and it is time for some Team Autumn members to get KO'ed. Don't take it personally.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #179
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Used random.org to seed the brackets. Think the fight between the two of you could be fight of the night material.

Unfortunately for the two of you got the short straw by not getting a CPU opponent but at least that should mean that semi-finals on is all player fighters.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #180
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
No hard feelings DV. The team aspect of this is over and it is time for some Team Autumn members to get KO'ed. Don't take it personally.

HAHAHA, you're funny. There's no way I'm going down

―Darth Plagueis the Wise