Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #251
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
This makes me feel pretty good about claphamsa, since no attempt was coordinated to save him.

there was also no effort to lynch him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #252
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
So, I'm wondering this:

I watched the show for the first few seasons, and I can't remember...

Do the Cylons ever show any hints of passing out from exhaustion?

Actually there are a number of scenes where Cylon-Humanoid models appear to be exhausted, injured, tired etc etc.

Not that that has any relevance here though =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #253
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Actually there was a pretty damn good effort, there was a tie after all. I guess you could look at that as a failure, but you'd have to think that a fellow wolf would have switched to no lynch to prevent an uncertain tie resolution. Unless they were all already there.

I don't think it clears him by any stretch, but it tempts me to look elsewhere for now. Did anyone have anything happen?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #254
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Actually there are a number of scenes where Cylon-Humanoid models appear to be exhausted, injured, tired etc etc.

Not that that has any relevance here though =)

I thought so! And sorry for trying to think that there'd be a message behind it. lmao
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #255
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

woo hoo!

Good news we won 9-1 gooder news I scored 4 goals and had 3 assist.
bad news The #1 socrer on my team scored the other 5, no scoring title for me

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #256
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

It was a quiet night by the looks of things last night. I didn't see anyone last night, and nothing happened that I saw.
Sonic Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:20 AM   #257
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well that was a result then (no night kills). Anyone got a block to report? Otherwise I guess it might be due to location. Maybe the Cylon killer can only target one area. Although that seems a bit limiting for them. Or maybe they forgot their night orders (as seems pretty common here).

I agree with Path about Clap. It doesn't clear him by a long chalk, as it seems there weren't many people around at the deadline. But with there probably not being very many wolves it seems unlikely that they'd risk one of their numbers against a no lynch. In answer to Lath it's more likely that wolves would change a vote to protect one of their own rather than to lynch a villager. (Presumably) moving from no lynch to a lynch just to get a villager seems way too risky for a wolf to do. Admittedly moving from lynch to no lynch would be pretty risky as well but it might be worth it to protect a wolf if there are, say, only three of them.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:27 AM   #258
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
Unvote No Lynch

Vote Claphamsa.

Did the my rhetoric win you over or why did you switch your vote, Sonic? I would have thought that No Lynch is a matter of principle and I'm very interested in hearing why you would move off of it. Let's face it, there was really no evidence against Clap so why would you move from a no lynch to voting for him?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:44 AM   #259
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Claphamsa was on my radar for who he selected as his true vote, because he messed around with that. Plus, the person he voted for was one of two people who said they were human, though how much we can take that on at this stage is anyones guess. My no lynch was always a question mark. Clap's going to be after me now though

Which brings me on to something that RendeR mentioned, half human half Cylon. Which side will they be on, and could they swap sides at any time?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 AM   #260
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm guessing all the cylons are humanoid cylons, otherwise they would be fairly easy to spot.

Anyhoo, I can't think of any reason why we shouldn't reveal where we went the night before. Hopefully there will be useful information that we can gather from that. I went to the Battlestar Pegasus and didn't see anyone there. I agree with the general consensus that we shouldn't reveal where we are going though and I did find Jackal's post pretty confusing which, added with his lack of night action and the lack of night kill puts him at the top of my suspicious list.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:05 AM   #261
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I'm guessing all the cylons are humanoid cylons, otherwise they would be fairly easy to spot.
Hence the war and the trust issues. What I was meaning was that to look at half clyon/human, they'll look human right? So how will we know which side they are on by looking at them? Will they swing sides? Just a thought.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:08 AM   #262
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

And is there any out there I guess.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:56 AM   #263
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Um... we don't know which side they are by looking at them. That would make for the shortest game of Werewolf ever.

I think you're getting hung up on the phrase "humanoid-cylon". I presume that humanoid-cylons (presumably 100% cylons that look like humans, although I've only seen a couple of episodes of the new series) are the wolves. I haven't seen any other reference to half human/half cylons. The victory conditions don't really seem to allow for a hybrid either.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:08 AM   #264
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

I've never seen the show, which was why I put the idea out there.

Bugger, I keep thinking this has some link to Starship Troopers.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #265
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
Claphamsa was on my radar for who he selected as his true vote, because he messed around with that. Plus, the person he voted for was one of two people who said they were human, though how much we can take that on at this stage is anyones guess. My no lynch was always a question mark. Clap's going to be after me now though

Which brings me on to something that RendeR mentioned, half human half Cylon. Which side will they be on, and could they swap sides at any time?

dont worry im not after you

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 AM   #266
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Clues: Clues to finding earth. They might be items, they might be snippestof communication signals, they could be rusty relics sitting in a museum. Anything could be a clue, find all 12 and you could find Earth.

Anyone got theories about the clues? I'm guessing that in the most cases the cylons will get hold of clues if a) they find them and b)they kill someone who has a clue. So I guess it might not be ideal to come out and say that you have a clue. However that situation really favours the cylons as they'll be able to co-ordinate their night activities and pool their clues. I'm struggling to see how we can possibly compete with them in this respect. Of course we have numbers on our side but if we can never come out and say what clues we've found I don't see what we can do.

I wish Chief Rum was in this game. He already gives me stuff to think about around about this time.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #267
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I don't see that as a really big deal -- if clap is good, my thinking is that the wolves would just look at it as a bonus if we lynch him, but not worth sticking their necks out for -- the risk of losing one wolf is a bigger deal than getting one villager lynched.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #268
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, I for one am glad we didn't lynch clap. I think the proof is in the pudding that no one came to save him.

Not much for me last night, I headed to Cloud 9 (who wouldn't want to go there!?!) and saw Pass there (no mention of the person who saw me though, which is odd)
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #269
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Well, I for one am glad we didn't lynch clap. I think the proof is in the pudding that no one came to save him.

Not much for me last night, I headed to Cloud 9 (who wouldn't want to go there!?!) and saw Pass there (no mention of the person who saw me though, which is odd)

My experience is the same -- I saw you, but not path.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #270
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE PATH12
Old 03-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #271
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, in that case...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #272
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote path12
Old 03-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #273
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

huh, so path saw you alls? but you didnt see him?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #274
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

The more I think about the more I think that everyone providing their location from the night before will help us narrow things down. Presuming that any night killer has to be in the same location as the victim I think this could be a big source of information at best and at worst an irritant for the Cylons. Unless I can be offered a great reason why we shouldn't diverge this information I'll be inclined to be more suspicious of anyone who doesn't want to give up their location.

1. Mauboy1
2. PurdueBrad
3. The Jackal - no order given. Presumably still on Caprica (#245)
4. greyroofoo
5. claphamsa
6. Jeheinz72 - Cloud 9. Saw Pass. (#268)
7. nfg22
8. Passacaglia - Cloud 9. Saw Heinz. (#269)
9. St. Cronin
10. Narcizo - Battlestar Pegasus. Saw no-one. (#260)
11. Lathum
12. Sonic Youth
13. Path12 - Presumably Cloud 9? Saw Pass and Heinz (#249)
14. barkeep49
Old 03-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #275
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm really not seeing how this is damning of Path. Why would he claim to have seen you both before either of you mentioned where you were or that you were in the same location. We know nothing of the mechanism of who sees whom and I just don't see what Cylon Path would get from coming out with that information.

I'm still more suspicious of Jackal's strange comments and his lack of night action/lack of night kill. Lots of people have been on and no-one is claiming a block.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #276
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm really not seeing how this is damning of Path. Why would he claim to have seen you both before either of you mentioned where you were or that you were in the same location. We know nothing of the mechanism of who sees whom and I just don't see what Cylon Path would get from coming out with that information.

I'm still more suspicious of Jackal's strange comments and his lack of night action/lack of night kill. Lots of people have been on and no-one is claiming a block.

My thinking is that Cylon path would be doing it to say he's out there giving info to the village. Good guy path who has an ability not to be seen probably wouldn't come out with the info of where he was. That's my take on it.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #277
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That said, I'm willing to look elsewhere, if an intriguing argument comes by. But at this point, he's a -1 in a sea of zeroes.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #278
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
My thinking is that Cylon path would be doing it to say he's out there giving info to the village. Good guy path who has an ability not to be seen probably wouldn't come out with the info of where he was. That's my take on it.

This makes me think that there's all the more reason for people to come out with info on their locations last night so we can get a better grip on how the whole location system works. Maybe this business of seeing someone but not being seen is a common-place occurance.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #279
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
This makes me think that there's all the more reason for people to come out with info on their locations last night so we can get a better grip on how the whole location system works. Maybe this business of seeing someone but not being seen is a common-place occurance.

I think you're right. I can see why people wouldn't want to reveal what their location was -- I wasn't planning to, until others revealed it for me. But if we can get information like this out of it, revealing locations might be a good thing.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #280
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm heading home soon. Hopefully I'll be around this evening/afternoon, if I can actually get on the computer at all.

I'd better get a vote in now though, in case I can't make it.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #281
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Jackal
Old 03-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #282
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I never said where I was (though it was Cloud 9). I only said who I saw there. I can't help the fact that you guys apparently didn't see me, though I expected you had and am bummed to that's not the case. I don't see how that makes me a Cylon. I am 100% human, Kara.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #283
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I never said where I was (though it was Cloud 9). I only said who I saw there. I can't help the fact that you guys apparently didn't see me, though I expected you had and am bummed to that's not the case. I don't see how that makes me a Cylon. I am 100% human, Kara.

Go on...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #284
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry, I didn't mean to say that you said you were at Cloud 9 hydroponics -- I just meant that you gave the info about who you saw there. You're saying you had no idea that we wouldn't see you?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #285
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry, I didn't mean to say that you said you were at Cloud 9 hydroponics -- I just meant that you gave the info about who you saw there. You're saying you had no idea that we wouldn't see you?

Since my PM said we were riding in the same shuttle I thought sure you would have seen me. I glimpsed heinz in a crowd so I could see that being somewhat iffy.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #286
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Did we talk?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #287
path12
Coordinator

Not that I'm aware of.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #288
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Knowing that we didn't see you in the shuttle, do you feel like you might know why that happened?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #289
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Knowing that we didn't see you in the shuttle, do you feel like you might know why that happened?

I have one theory but feel it's best to keep that under wraps for now.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #290
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Was anyone else headed to Cloud 9? THat woudl help alleviate my suspicions of path (a bit)
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #291
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

did RendR give us any info on finding Earth? Or is it just hell PM us anythign we may need to know? And do we know anythign about the locales? I didnt go anywhere.....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #292
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

check that, I did go somewhere, but I just picked at random.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #293
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I found out nothing about earth. It seems all I did was go from Caprica to Cloud 9, noticing Pass along the way.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #294
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I found out nothing about earth. It seems all I did was go from Caprica to Cloud 9, noticing Pass along the way.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #295
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys, checking in. I went to Raptor and found nothing. As for last night's vote, I'm of the same mind, I read it as a good sign for claph that there was not a noticeable move to save him.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #296
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, since no one seems to have countered path's reveal of being Kara yet, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #297
Passacaglia
Coordinator

UNVOTE PATH12
Old 03-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #298
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The no lynch yesterday means that day two is another version of day one but at least there was no night kill. I'll throw another random vote out there

vote Narcizo
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #299
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The no lynch yesterday means that day two is another version of day one but at least there was no night kill. I'll throw another random vote out there

vote Narcizo

Maybe the wolves didn't want to risk killing one of their own on the first night, just like us!

Anyway, now that my vote is open, why the switch from me to Narcizo?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #300
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Okay, since no one seems to have countered path's reveal of being Kara yet, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

But who is to say that Kara is a Human or a Cylon? I mean I could say my name is Billy Bob Smith, but what the heck does that matter/mean if any character could be on either side.