Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #101
chinaski
College Prospect

Can I import draft classes from the first FBCB?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #102
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Can I import draft classes from the first FBCB?

If you have draft files then absolutely. For those you'll want to put them in the draft files folder inside your league folder.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #103
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
If you have draft files then absolutely. For those you'll want to put them in the draft files folder inside your league folder.

Excellent, thanks HR!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #104
britrock88
Pro Starter

When the '47 expansion draft rolls around, the pop-up prompt reads "The ( ) must expose 8 more players for the expansion draft pool."

(The forum wants to correct the extra spaces where there should be a team name variable there, so I added parens.)

Last edited by britrock88 : 04-10-2013 at 11:52 PM.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #105
britrock88
Pro Starter

It might be helpful to add some statistical menus to the drop-down lists for the dispersal/expansion drafts, so that one wouldn't have to click into every player's page to see their stats and former teams (which is important when you can only choose one guy from each team).

Last edited by britrock88 : 04-11-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #106
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
When the '47 expansion draft rolls around, the pop-up prompt reads "The ( ) must expose 8 more players for the expansion draft pool."

(The forum wants to correct the extra spaces where there should be a team name variable there, so I added parens.)

Easy fix.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #107
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
It might be helpful to add some statistical menus to the drop-down lists for the dispersal/expansion drafts, so that one wouldn't have to click into every player's page to see their stats and former teams (which is important when you can only choose one guy from each team).

I'll add that to my list.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #108
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Loving the game so far HR.

Decided to start with fictional players with a draft. My team ended up going 47-35 and lost in the second round of the playoffs. A promising start indeed.

A couple of suggestions:

Would it be possible to put the record or the power ranking next to my opponent on the hot seat screen?

Don't know if this would be too hard to change, but instead of help defense would it be possible to put back the options of either doubling inside or outside?

Also for the draft lottery, would it be possible to do it like how you did the tournament selection show for FBCB? Like instead of announcing the draft lottery all at once, list the teams one by one until we find out who gets the top pick

I think that is all I got for now. Again , congratulations on the release of this game. So far I am having a blast with it. Now on to see if I can win the championship this year!

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 04-11-2013 at 12:16 AM.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #109
korme
Go Reds

I know you said don't hit offer desired, it wasn't working properly @ the FA stage... but for my own player contract extensions it turns into a RTE
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #110
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I know you said don't hit offer desired, it wasn't working properly @ the FA stage... but for my own player contract extensions it turns into a RTE

Wasn't working period. The last tweak I made to the code for it pretty much made it an instant RTE if you press it.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #111
britrock88
Pro Starter

Hm. I tripped over it in FA, and it didn't cause a crash--instead, it offered the minsal for the number of years the player desired.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #112
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Actually I guess it would only happen on extensions. FA stage wouldn't crash now that I think about it.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:37 AM   #113
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

In my player notes, my power forward was unhappy yet I was still able to sign him to a contract extension. That probably shouldn't happen.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:39 AM   #114
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
Would it be possible to put the record or the power ranking next to my opponent on the hot seat screen?

Sure

Quote:
Don't know if this would be too hard to change, but instead of help defense would it be possible to put back the options of either doubling inside or outside?

Realistically too late to change. Those settings didn't work all that well previously.

Quote:
Also for the draft lottery, would it be possible to do it like how you did the tournament selection show for FBCB? Like instead of announcing the draft lottery all at once, list the teams one by one until we find out who gets the top pick

Pretty sure I could set it up that way.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #115
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Two out of three ain't bad. Thanks!! I have to get up at 6 am tomorrow but I can't stop playing.

This is such a great game. I can't thank you enough
Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #116
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

For the expansion junkies among us:

22 markets have NBA potential - The Business Journals
Old 04-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #117
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Well, went from 47-35 and getting bounced in the second round to going 49-33 and getting bounced in the conference championships. Slowly but surely, I guess!

I do enjoy the chess match. The team I played in the conference championship was an offensive juggernaut but their one weakness was mediocre handling. I ran a press and a trap and took them to 6 games, but it wasn't to be. I didn't have enough firepower.

Some more humble suggestions that you can feel free to ignore:

1) Showing a team's record month by month on the team summary screen.

2) Adding a button at the bottom of the playoff bracket that allows you to quickly see the scores of the regular season games against the team you are facing in the playoffs. I think it would be easier then going back to the team schedule screen to try to find the games.

3) on the playoff bracket putting the mvps pts/reb/assists under his name or just making it when you click his name it goes straight to his playoff numbers rather than his regular season numbers

4) This probably isn't possible--showing what a player did in each round of the playoffs in addition to the entire playoffs on his player card

Regarding Trade AI: Take this with a massive grain of salt because I am not someone who ever uses house rules. I always try to take advantage of the AI when I can .

Orlando was 14 million under the cap and they wouldnt take a green level player or a blue level player (both made around 14 million dollars) for a first round pick. then i tried for just a second round pick and they wouldnt do that either. It was in the middle of the season before the all-star break and Orlando had a just below 500 record.

I figured Orlando would at least do it for a second round pick but maybe they wanted to maintain cap flexibility.

Again no rush at all on these changes. Feel free to ignore them completely if they don't make sense. I know how busy you are and you definitely deserve a break. My mind has just been brainstorming all these ideas about the game as I have been playing because I have had such a good time with it.

Thanks again.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:39 AM   #118
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Trade AI is something that will evolve over time. Whether something makes sense depends on so many factors. I encourage anyone who has a trade that either should or shouldn't go through but is doing the opposite to save and send it to me. I suspect in this case the cpu team is a little too unwilling to give up its cap room during the season.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 AM   #119
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

******************************************************************************************************************
Version 3.0.2: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Update302.exe
******************************************************************************************************************
Fixes:
*Fixed error 9 when using the "Offer Desired" button on the player contract negotiations screen.
*Year box on historical player screen shouldn't reset to -14 when you exit it.
*Exiting any of the stat boxes on the historical player will save the changes to the current season.
*Leagues that are no longer active should be selectable in the archive screens.
*Fixed incorrect or no box score appearing from the All-Star Results screen.
*Message indicating that you must expose players to the expansion draft should have a team name.
*Players on contracted teams should be set to FA if the dispersal draft is not used.
*Fixed a bug in attendance calculations that limited attendance to a certain % of max capacity depending on the year.

Changes:
*Increased the value of draft picks in future seasons.
*Added team record to the opponent listing on the hot seat.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #120
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

If using the FBCB draft class imports and a smaller sized league, will the draft class be adjusted proportionally in game to account for the reduced number of teams?
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #121
mgsports
n00b

Shouldn't have to stop for Each Key Date because would just like to sim to Draft because you don't have to if you don't want to in OTTP or Franchise Hockey Manager I can sim to that Date without stopping for Events before it so the way to fix that problem is to combined Free Agency/Coach/Staff Hirings together and under Team Setup under Roster Management a Pick Options because all I want to do for my Team is Draft.
Also no Trades happening from when Season ends intill like Training Camp and also NBA Traning Camp they have Rookie/Free Agent Camp.

Suspensions?
Career Ending Injuries?
Unreitirements? Retirements?
In Team News I would like to see Stories like Dwight Howard demanding a Trade or Carl Landry got Injured in a Bar Fight or the Clippers are to have a Blake Griffin T-Shirt Night or the Heat aren't going to resign Chris Bosh or the Houston Rockets have decide not to renew their contract with Austin and decide to move their DL Team to Brownsville?
At Draft when a Trade happens have the News of it pop up and sometimes at Draft it shows like Al Horford name but isn't really available to Draft.
mgsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #122
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
In Team News I would like to see Stories like Dwight Howard demanding a Trade or Carl Landry got Injured in a Bar Fight or the Clippers are to have a Blake Griffin T-Shirt Night or the Heat aren't going to resign Chris Bosh or the Houston Rockets have decide not to renew their contract with Austin and decide to move their DL Team to Brownsville?

Ugh.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #123
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Ugh.

+1
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #124
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
What sort of pace were you running? I might need to tone down the highest paces a bit more.

On the first run I've been auto suggesting but it's picked 10 pretty much every year. My team has shot over 50% every season from 1979-86 so far with the avg score for us being 115.6 to 123.5. Also scored 123.7 a game is 1978 with no 3 point shot.

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 04-11-2013 at 09:46 AM.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #125
TLK
Pro Starter

How do you negotiate a new contract in-season with a current player?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #126
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
How do you negotiate a new contract in-season with a current player?

If you go into view player from the roster screen there is a drop down menu on the card where you can view all of their stats. One of the options is Negotiations, where, if the player wants, you can renegotiate.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #127
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbot View Post
If using the FBCB draft class imports and a smaller sized league, will the draft class be adjusted proportionally in game to account for the reduced number of teams?

Right now they are balanced toward a full league. There are some tweaks to that the could be made if needed.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #128
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quick question for you guys.

Is there a commish mode where I don't have to control a team and I can just watch the basketball universe unfold?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #129
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
On the first run I've been auto suggesting but it's picked 10 pretty much every year. My team has shot over 50% every season from 1979-86 so far with the avg score for us being 115.6 to 123.5. Also scored 123.7 a game is 1978 with no 3 point shot.

These are seasons where the league as a whole shot pretty close to 49% and averaged 110. It is interesting that scoring actually dropped the first few years of the 3-pointer.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #130
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Is there a commish mode where I don't have to control a team and I can just watch the basketball universe unfold?

Yes. You can always play without a human in the game and you can add or remove one at any time.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #131
mgsports
n00b

Restricted Free Agents/Unsigned Draft Picks Page because like the Mavericks might not sign a Overseas Player they Draft right away.

We need more News Articles like Rumors and so on for a Team like in Offseason and don't yet like Kobe Bryant is choosing between the Lakers,Heat,87 Bulls or 2011 Rockets to sign with or Marc Gasol,Mike Conley Jr. has been Traded from Memphis along with a 2014 First Round Pick to Cleveland for Irving,2013 1st Rounder or on 8-5-2022 Bob Marks ha signed with Knicks.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #132
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Enjoying the game so far. I have just been messing around with a historical replay. The 1949 season is all messed up with team names, but other than that it is very cool.

Bill Russell was drafted by the Lakers and won three titles with them. Boston has also been very good though, along with the Knicks and St. Louis.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #133
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Kobe Bryant is choosing between the Lakers,Heat,87 Bulls or 2011 Rockets to sign with...
Is time travel an option?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #134
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Is time travel an option?

HR thought of everything!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #135
cmp
Pro Rookie

Loving the historical mode. Magic just joined up with Bird on the Celtics. We'll see how that goes.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #136
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Restricted Free Agents/Unsigned Draft Picks Page because like the Mavericks might not sign a Overseas Player they Draft right away.

We need more News Articles like Rumors and so on for a Team like in Offseason and don't yet like Kobe Bryant is choosing between the Lakers,Heat,87 Bulls or 2011 Rockets to sign with or Marc Gasol,Mike Conley Jr. has been Traded from Memphis along with a 2014 First Round Pick to Cleveland for Irving,2013 1st Rounder or on 8-5-2022 Bob Marks ha signed with Knicks.

While there is not specific articles that discuss what you are talking about, you can view some of that information yourself. When in the FA process you can see who has offered Kobe and what amounts he has been offered. So you do know who he is deciding between.

You can also see who go traded or signed. I'm at work now and do not have the game, but im pretty sure there is a tab or a few tabs that shows this info.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #137
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Getting an blank screen when I try and go to the finances screen. I can get out of it by clicking on the team name at the bottom. I am using version 3.0.2. It appears that it's not loading the finances overlay. It did work in the first, but I first noticed it when I tried to change ticket prices in the offseason. Now regardless of when I go to the finances screen it's totally black.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #138
korme
Go Reds

Sent Groundhog two sets of files, which he should be uploading at some point:

The first one is a simple edit to the league & team csv's that give teams accurate nicknames from '46-'12 and also changes USBL to NBA, NBDL & ABA

The second set also includes the above but also modifies the image directory for each team throughout the years, and with it is included a historic image set, so if you play with the Hawks from 1946 to 2012, the game automatically updates giving you the Tri-Cities Hawks and their logo, the Milwaukee Hawks complete with a logo, onto the Atlanta Hawks and their many logos throughout the years.

That's the beauty of how Brian set this up, once all the files are installed you don't have to do any work, each season updates for you. Also updated the team color schemes to match the corresponding logo.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #139
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:

The first one is a simple edit to the league & team csv's that give teams accurate nicknames from '46-'12 and also changes USBL to NBA, NBDL & ABA

The second set also includes the above but also modifies the image directory for each team throughout the years, and with it is included a historic image set, so if you play with the Hawks from 1946 to 2012, the game automatically updates giving you the Tri-Cities Hawks and their logo, the Milwaukee Hawks complete with a logo, onto the Atlanta Hawks and their many logos throughout the years.

That's the beauty of how Brian set this up, once all the files are installed you don't have to do any work, each season updates for you. Also updated the team color schemes to match the corresponding logo.

As always, thanks for the work guys!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #140
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Getting an blank screen when I try and go to the finances screen. I can get out of it by clicking on the team name at the bottom. I am using version 3.0.2. It appears that it's not loading the finances overlay. It did work in the first, but I first noticed it when I tried to change ticket prices in the offseason. Now regardless of when I go to the finances screen it's totally black.

Do you have any issues with the box score screen? I might need to look for a different chart component or make sure I'm using it properly. Try searching your computer for RMChart.ocx then unregister and register it with regsvr32. In my case I put this in the run bar:

regsvr32 /u "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RMChart.ocx"
regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RMChart.ocx"

Also did this help Korme at all?

Last edited by HeavyReign : 04-11-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #141
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

This is generally how I play fwiw. In both FBCB and now this one.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-11-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #142
mgsports
n00b

Also how about Logos for like KC/ST. Louis/Tampa Bay just in case the Computer Expands in the Game.

Yes I knew that but in OTTP and Franchise Hockey Manager I see News Articles on those kind of stuff but in this Game I haven't yet for my team only Faild Offer or Out Bid and so on

Also for a future Patch E. League Option where the Compute can change Rules/move Teams and so on.

Last edited by mgsports : 04-11-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #143
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I love you

Old 04-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #144
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Very cool, sounds like you've already done most of the work I was planning to do.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #145
scoman
n00b

Seems like there might be an issue with FTA,my 59-60 NY squad averaged 63 FTA per game and a whopping 131 points per game.

Started my career in 1946,from 46-49 I had 14-17 FTA per game,from 50-52 it was 32-33 FTA per game,from 53-58 it was 40-48 FTA per game
scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #146
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Do you have any issues with the box score screen? I might need to look for a different chart component or make sure I'm using it properly. Try searching your computer for RMChart.ocx then unregister and register it with regsvr32. In my case I put this in the run bar:

regsvr32 /u "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RMChart.ocx"
regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RMChart.ocx"

Also did this help Korme at all?

Yes the boxscores are also not working. I tried what you said and it didn't work. I will try to restart my computer to see if that helps.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #147
nZane
n00b

Not that I'm too terribly concerned about this sort of thing, but John Stockton just won the 1987 Slam Dunk Contest in my league.
nZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #148
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Very cool, sounds like you've already done most of the work I was planning to do.

Yeah it was a great time to be off. Probably took me a solid 8-10 hours ... but hell I'd figure I'd do it now while Brian was working out the first release kinks
Old 04-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #149
korme
Go Reds

heavy, in 1950 a staff member turned down my $500 per 5 years for $201 for 4 years. Both were HC offers.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #150
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
heavy, in 1950 a staff member turned down my $500 per 5 years for $201 for 4 years. Both were HC offers.

Ok, I think I see the issue there right away.