Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #1101
fortheglory
Mascot

This year's release will be later...and I think maybe in an effort to reduce bugs in the initial release things are a bit later this year. Should be hearing in October
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #1102
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Good news bad news FM related today

The Good News is: FM15 will have Twitch streaming support

Badnews: Any other FM features stuff will wait till October, and no release date announced
Old 09-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #1103
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Do we know what that means exactly? The ability to stream without needing to worry about OBS or Xsplit? Or is it something more than that?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #1104
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Good news bad news FM related today

Badnews: Any other FM features stuff will wait till October, and no release date announced

Couldn't give a rats-ass about Twitch streaming support TBH.

Grrrrrr
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #1105
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Do we know what that means exactly? The ability to stream without needing to worry about OBS or Xsplit? Or is it something more than that?

Looks like native streaming with voice and video options:

Football Manager @FootballManager · 11h
.@milesSI just exclusively revealed at #EGX that @Twitch will be integrated into #FM15! Voice chat and video to come in further patches.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #1106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I did not even realize that was a highly desired feature. I guess if I had the choice of playing a game or watching someone else play.. I would just play.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #1107
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I did not even realize that was a highly desired feature. I guess if I had the choice of playing a game or watching someone else play.. I would just play.

For some games I *love* watching others play. I have in some cases replaced time I used to spend on TV shows watching top tier League of Legends solo queue, mainly to try to learn from the good streamers that explain their thoughts as they play. I cannot fathom ever watching someone stream Football Manager.

That said, streaming integration is something that is probably going to become more common so might as well add it.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #1108
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

I am an active fumbbler (fumbbl.com site which allows you to play online Bloodbowl Game) and I enjoy watching other players play. This is like watching a game between 2 teams and you can visualize different type of tactics and playstyles. A bit like watching a football game on TV.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #1109
riz
SI Games

Most of the FM15 information will be released along with this documentary that will screen across cinemas in the UK:

Football Manager Documentary: Watch EXCLUSIVE first look at the much-anticipated trailer - Mirror Online
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #1110
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Twitch is an interesting feature for FM. Outside of the matches themselves, I'd imaging it'll be as interesting as watching paint dry, eh?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #1111
flounder
High School Varsity

If you go into the Tactics and Training forum on the SI website, there are a lot of threads where people go into great detail on how they set up their tactic and what adjustments they make during the matches. They usually have dozens of screenshots and a wall of text. I'd have to think that doing a Twitch stream of that would be a lot simpler.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #1112
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Yea, there are some pretty great series on YouTube that I've watched to learn more about how guys set up tactics and such. It's not quite as boring as it seems.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #1113
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'd love it for online leagues, doing "Game of the Week" type stuff.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #1114
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Huh, fair enough guys. Didn't think of those ideas.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #1115
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

HE DID IT!!!

Previous record, 35 in 26 games by Ferenc Hirzer in 1926.

New record (overall, not broken the league record yet) - 39 in 20 games!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39 in 20.jpg (237.2 KB, 292 views)
Old 10-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #1116
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Dang
Old 10-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #1117
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Dang

I've done my part.

Got around 32 days into it.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #1118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
I am an active fumbbler (fumbbl.com site which allows you to play online Bloodbowl Game) and I enjoy watching other players play. This is like watching a game between 2 teams and you can visualize different type of tactics and playstyles. A bit like watching a football game on TV.

I love fumbbl and BloodBowl.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #1119
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I've done my part.

Got around 32 days into it.

63.9 days here
Old 10-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #1120
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Sounds like the beta is live...time to go home sick from work.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #1121
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
Sounds like the beta is live...time to go home sick from work.

While I'm at work - of course. FML

And about to head to the gym for my hour-long workout.

GRRRR.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-23-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:04 AM   #1122
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I think I'm over 1700 but to be fair, that's a lot of time where the game is just sitting open on my computer.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #1123
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Yeah, I don't think a lot of those numbers are particularly meaningful to a sim game like FM.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #1124
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

yeah a little disingenuous for SI to trot out those numbers with the hashtag #valueformoney.

Statement should be "#FM14, so far, has been running on people's machines for nearly 200m hours."

When I play FM, I leave the game running 24/7 for weeks on end, even though I'm only playing a small fraction of that time.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #1125
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

It's still value for money, however.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #1126
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
yeah a little disingenuous for SI to trot out those numbers with the hashtag #valueformoney.

Statement should be "#FM14, so far, has been running on people's machines for nearly 200m hours."

When I play FM, I leave the game running 24/7 for weeks on end, even though I'm only playing a small fraction of that time.

Depends on an individual's play-style. I have no doubt that like 80%+ of my time is actively-playing. I know there's some times I fall asleep in front of it so it chugs for a few hours while I'm sleeping, but in the grand scheme of thinks that's not all that much.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #1127
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

I don't. I might leave it open while I go grab dinner or make some coffee in my KCUP machine and retrun to the game, but that's about it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #1128
flounder
High School Varsity

This game is so frustrating at times. Just lost 3 in a row 2-1, 1-0 and 1-0. I gave up 2 own goals and 2 crosses from the halfway line in injury time.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #1129
digamma
Torchbearer

FM Necromancy.

Have gotten back into FM and this is the latest version I have.

I've taken AFC Telford up to be promoted into SkyBet League 2. The problem is Telford has been on rocky financial times. I am well below average in Skrill Premier salaries, and don't have the transfer budget to resign my current players because they've all gotten agents (so I'd blow through my transfer fees).

Should I look around for a new gig?

Or if I fight on at Telford, will my budget increase at all--though I assume I'll lose the players I have because I won't be able to resign them before the end of the FM year?

Or are you just going to tell me to buy the new game?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #1130
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

If your attendance is increasing and you think you can find a way to at least stay in League 2, your budget should increase over time, but it can be very slow.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #1131
Shepp
High School Varsity

The new one is on sale this weekend for like $25.00
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #1132
chesapeake
College Starter

If you have some salary space, can you not simply adjust your budget in the finance screen to open up some room to cover fees? If you are already at your salary limit, I guess you are screwed. Unless you can convince them in a special conversation to fire their agents.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:13 AM   #1133
PilotMan
Head Coach

IIRC your budget might go up after the first year, but I might be mistaken.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #1134
digamma
Torchbearer

We have a transfer budget of like $4k. We are $1700 per week under our wage limit, but the problem is the contracts expire. There are like 6-8 guys I'd like to sign. At $4-6k a man in agent fees, we're blowing through any sort of budget we have.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #1135
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'd say you're squarely in the "uncover, grow, sell" phase of lower league management.

Spend a lot of time scouting and then try to sell before they reach the final year of their contract. When you sell, you could also try putting on "% of next sale" clauses and hope to strike gold at some point in the future.

It's a tough spot. You have to like scouting and turnover at this point.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #1136
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Another thing to look at is maxing out the number of players you bring in on loan.

Two advantages obviously - first, most Premier League or Championship sides will fully cover their wages and secondly, you'll be gaining access to better talent.

Getting good players on loan was key for my Dover squad as we moved through the lower leagues and into the Premier League.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 02-08-2016 at 12:40 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #1137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I have this version of the game, and I have never bothered learning how to play it.

Took the time recently to figure it out and holy crap am I addicted.

Started in the Premier League with Crystal Palace, within a few seasons was busted down to Skybet 2 and fired a number of times. Finally unlocked the no fire achievement and have worked my way back up to competing in Skybet Championship.

I'll spare the strategy questions, however I have a rather annoying bug.

If I leave the game for an extended period of time, and hour or so, when I come back I can't click on anything and I have to restart the game. Sometimes I need to also reboot because when I try and restart I get a message the app is already running.

I have looked online and all I can find is reset preferences and clear cache. Tried that and it didn't work.

Anyone else run into this?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #1138
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yes

Save and quit before you walk away.

It's not worth the trouble to deal with it.

Like Steam?

Old 06-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #1139
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Yes

Save and quit before you walk away.

It's not worth the trouble to deal with it.

That's pretty much what I do, pain in the rear though.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:33 AM   #1140
korme
Go Reds

So I couldn't find a FM 18 thread so I'll just post this here because you can't write headlines this good

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #1141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This game can be maddening.

My first go aound I played as Crystal Palace. Started in the Premier league, got busted down quick, didn't understand the game, and was toast before I got my legs. Was fired a bunch.

This time I started as Wolverhampton. Started in L1. MAde the playoff first season, second season won automatic relegation. First season in CH finished in the top half of the table, second season was in automatic relegation almost the whole time, eventually dropped to a playoff spot and lost.

At that point the financial troubles started and there was a takeover. Transfer budget and payroll severely cut. Next season top half of the table still, but the attrition was starting to show. Had to sell my top goalscorer and my keeper. Next season the wheels came off. I had no depth and hit a run of injuries. Started plummeting down the table. Lost 7 in a row. Boom. They fired me.

I was actually a bit annoyed. 5 really successful seasons. Club pulls all my money and I still manage to avoid relegation and I get canned. What is that shit? Is that realistic?
Old 12-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #1142
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This game can be maddening.

My first go aound I played as Crystal Palace. Started in the Premier league, got busted down quick, didn't understand the game, and was toast before I got my legs. Was fired a bunch.

This time I started as Wolverhampton. Started in L1. MAde the playoff first season, second season won automatic relegation. First season in CH finished in the top half of the table, second season was in automatic relegation almost the whole time, eventually dropped to a playoff spot and lost.

At that point the financial troubles started and there was a takeover. Transfer budget and payroll severely cut. Next season top half of the table still, but the attrition was starting to show. Had to sell my top goalscorer and my keeper. Next season the wheels came off. I had no depth and hit a run of injuries. Started plummeting down the table. Lost 7 in a row. Boom. They fired me.

I was actually a bit annoyed. 5 really successful seasons. Club pulls all my money and I still manage to avoid relegation and I get canned. What is that shit? Is that realistic?

Hey from the fans perspective you got rid of the good players and lost a bunch. The team had turned against you and you were clearing not taking the team in the right direction. I mean, if Mike Brown was maybe the owner, I think you'd have been fine, right?

I think that totally sucks from a fun factor, but I do think it's certainly in the realm of realistic.

Like Steam?

Old 12-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #1143
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

MEh

I would expect fans to be more educated.

I am a Mets fan. I full well know ownership are cheap fuckwads and completely incompetent.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #1144
PilotMan
Head Coach

Every good owner knows the fans are a bunch of stupid fucktards.

Or maybe I've been in Cincy too long.

Like Steam?

Old 12-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #1145
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It just irritated me. I did everything right and because of events completely out of my control I get axed.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #1146
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
It just irritated me. I did everything right and because of events completely out of my control I get axed.

I think that is what I enjoy most about this game. I imagine there are lots of managers and coaches in professional sports that have felt the same way as you mentioned above. Not many sports sims seem to allow the range of outcomes as FM does.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #1147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Question- I have unlocked the achievement where I can choose to not be able to get fired. I did this in a prior game. I am now starting a new game and I know there is a way to use previously unlock achievements but I can't for the life of me find it.

Help!
Old 05-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #1148
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Question- I have unlocked the achievement where I can choose to not be able to get fired. I did this in a prior game. I am now starting a new game and I know there is a way to use previously unlock achievements but I can't for the life of me find it.

Help!

bump...

anyone know?
Old 05-30-2020, 12:36 PM   #1149
CarterNMA
Mascot

Glad to see I'm not the only one playing FM 2014!

Sorry, I don't have the answer to you question. I've owned the game maybe 9 months now and was never involved back then. I can't even buy the in-game editor as a late-comer.
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:03 AM   #1150
Icy
Pro Starter

Don’t remember exactly but in the main starting screen where you start a game, there was a button to go to downloads or the store or something like that if I remember well.

Else when in game, go to the top menu, FM->Shop or Store.

Last edited by Icy : 05-31-2020 at 05:07 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote