Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #651
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Oh, and let me know as soon as you guys reach a decision and then I'll post the next room.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #652
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
PB, if you want to trust the elf so be it.

I'm more of a "prove, then trust" sort. If we trust him then that suggests we leave him around for at least one more room.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #653
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
If I was to have taken a guess before getting our result, 20 was the number I would have picked. It seems a very reasonable amount, and since we're in room 14 now, I'm almost inclined to just move ahead and save some time.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #654
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hmmm, I'm up for moving as the Elf has a shot to prove his worth.

We can't prove anything about what the elf is saying until we reach the end of the crawl. This could very well be a desperate attempt to not be killed, knowing that he's near the end of his leash (ha!).

As I said above, I think it's a very reasonable number, and combined w/ my gut instinct, I'm inclined to believe that number for now.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #655
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Hey guys, just broke up a gang fight outside my classroom, so I'll be on and off a ton. Talking to police, administrators, etc.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #656
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
In other words, choose what you guys want.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #657
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
You tell the elf to shut up and approach the orb anyway. J23 carefully places his hands on it and closes his eyes. You see a faint image in the orb of a cloaked woman. Her skin is tight and grey. J23 mouths his question to her.

You see her nod and reply.

She explains that she cannot see the exact number of remaining rooms; however, there are approximately 20 rooms total in the Crawl.

"Told you." says the elf-dog.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #658
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Room 15:

You move on into the next room.

This room is empty save for a door across from you.

You inspect the door but find no handle. However, there is a small hole in the middle of it underneath the following inscription:

"Coax the door open with your sharp wit and magical tongue."

What do you do?

Let me know by 9pm tonight.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #659
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
If the elf is magical I'm all for killing him and shoving his tongue/brains into the hole in the middle.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #660
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Well that sucks. I guess we got delayed for not coming to a decision quickly on whether to trust the elf or not.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #661
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
I'd kill the elf now...he's already admitted the last few rooms change at the Djs whim. Kill it.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #662
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I'd kill the elf now...he's already admitted the last few rooms change at the Djs whim. Kill it.

I'm the exact opposite. Why kill your blind dog the day he finally starts to see again?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #663
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Any thoughts/ideas about the next room? I'm guessing a find magic spell?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #664
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Otherwise, I guess it could be like Saw and the key is in the Elf's tongue.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #665
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Perhaps the DJ doesn't want the elf giving us info on the dungeon. Cutting out his tongue would certainly hamper that plan.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #666
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Well that sucks. I guess we got delayed for not coming to a decision quickly on whether to trust the elf or not.

Crap.

My bad. I got a PM from a different team about this room and thought it was from you guys. I will not penalize you the time it would take to use the orb as it looked like you all would have chosen to just keep moving on.

Sorry. But at least now you know the elf was telling the truth!

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #667
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I'll need you guys to submit tonight as I still have to give a statement "downtown" (hehe) and then have Opening Day of co-ed softball.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #668
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I'm fine with cutting out the elf's tongue and putting it through the slot in the door. Hoops, you can put one of those magical daggers to work. Let's take the time to explain to the dog...er...elf that should he live through this, he had better continue to prove useful or his lack of tongue will be the least of his worries.

Thoughts?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #669
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
J23, I'm going to make the order a little more nuanced than this but that will be the gist of it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #670
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
sounds fine to me.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #671
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
You ask the elf about the door. He says, "Oh yes. I know all about this one."

"Well… I used to know all about it… Can't remember the answer right now. That's unfortunate."

You slam his face into the door, sticking his tongue into the opening.

"Gi 'member 'ow."

"WHAT?" You pull his face back.

"I said, I remember now. The 'sharp' part is important. I think you have to use a sword or dagger?"

So Hoops pokes the end of his dagger into the hole. Nothing happens.

"Oh! And then 'magical tongue' is a spell. Cast a spell on it!"

J23 casts detect magic on the door, which immediately glows. And then opens.

The elf gives a cry of joy.

"Let me go! Please! See how much I helped you?"
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #672
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I thought our solution was much more creative than the DJ's. Oh well, we still have a pet.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #673
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I thought our solution was much more creative than the DJ's. Oh well, we still have a pet.

True. But the magical lock was not designed to open by inserting a cut off tongue. What was the DJ supposed to do when creating the Crawl - assume that you would have a pet elf whose tongue you could remove at the earliest opportunity?

He's twisted, but that's just crazy!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #674
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
If we didn't have a pet elf we would have used J23's tongue. I'm sure he would have sacrificed it for the good of the team.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #675
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
You move through the door and into a short hallway that ends in another door. The door is locked. You hear movement on the other side of it, and realize that you may be in for a battle.

Let me know if you wish to cast spells or take any other action before picking the lock and moving into the next room.

I'll process that at noon tomorrow.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #676
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
J23 is now level 7!

PurdueBrad is now level 6!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #677
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Level 7 (pick 1 additional):
You may choose one additional spell from the following list:
Heal, Magic Missile, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Mage Armor, Fear, Sleep, Web, Identify, Cure Poison, Summon Monster, Protection From Arrows, Fireball, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Improved Healing, Bless, Stone Skin

You may choose a spell you already possess which will allow you to cast it 2x per room/combat instead of once.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #678
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
So those two get levels for not killing things, not stealing treasure, etc, etc? Got it.

I'm going to make s'mores in the next room while those other two start doing a little heavy lifting for a change.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #679
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
J23:
Mage
Level: 7
Max HP: 28
Current HP: 28
Bonus: INT x2, +1 vs. GOOD,
Spells: Heal x2, Detect Magic, Sleep, Identify, Fireball
Equipment:
Staff of Lightning
Flask
2 Healing potions
15 GP
Staff
Earring of Intelligence
Elf dog on leash

PurdueBrad: Arx
Adventurer
Level: 6
Max HP: 72
Current HP: 66
Bonus: Constitution x2, Protection
Equipment:
Longsword +1
Flask of Poison
Ring of Protection
115 GP
Longsword

Hoopsguy:
Specialist
Level: 6
Max HP: 36
Current HP: 30
Bonus: Fame, STR
Equipment:
Rope
Magic Ring (STR)
1 Healing potion
315 GP
Lockpicks +1
2 Daggers +1
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #680
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If we didn't have a pet elf we would have used J23's tongue. I'm sure he would have sacrificed it for the good of the team.

I'm sure we could find an EF corpse around somewhere to dismember before I'd need to do anything of the sort.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #681
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Nicely done gentlemen. I'm ready to kick some ass.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #682
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
J23, can you cast a spell of "Detect Wee People"? I want to see if I have any reason to be worried about this upcoming room.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #683
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
For some reason, I didn't feel the need to pick up that spell hoops.

Speaking of which, for this level, I'm leaning towards Bless, Dispel Magic or Summon Monster. Any thoughts so I can ignore them and choose what serves me best?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #684
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
I would think the latter two you mention or possibly Improved Healing given the amount of damage PB takes when we use him as a pin cushion for sharp enemy objects.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #685
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I was thinking Summon, fireball again as it seems to have done well, or improved healing (as I think it would bump up both your healing casts).
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 AM   #686
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Is there anything we want to do prior to picking the lock and facing Jabba's Rancor in the next room?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #687
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I guess I'll pick up improved healing. It seems like healing up said pin cushion has given me a decent chunk of xp.

I notice that you still have that flask of poison PB. Maybe apply that again for this next fight?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #688
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Yeah, I'll send that order. Good call J23.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #689
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
PB applies poison to his blade.

Room 16:

You pick the lock and open the door.

Inside is a large dimly lit smoky room. The room is made of rough rock - it's barely a room at all, closer to a cavern.

You smell burning flesh, but can't make out much beyond a smoky haze in front of you.

And that's when you hear a shrieking sound and are confronted by:

2 Winged Harpies.

They seem to call out in their unnatural language, and they are joined by:

2 Spined Devils.

They attack.

The harpies begin by singing their Alluring Song. They are trying to charm you!

J23 is charmed!
PB resists
hoops is charmed!

The Spined Devils hang back and shoot poison spines at you.

They both miss.

--------------------------

The harpies close in and attack with their claws!

Harpy 1: miss

Harpy 2: miss

Spined Devil 1: miss

Spined Devil 2: hits hoops!

J23: charmed

PB: hits harpy 1

Hoops: charmed

---------------------------


Harpy 1: hits j23

Harpy 2: miss

Spined Devil 1: miss

Spined Devil 2: miss

J23: charmed

PB: miss

Hoops: escapes charm and hits harpy

---------------------------


Harpy 1: miss

Harpy 2: hits PB

Spined Devil 1: hits pb

Spined Devil 2: miss

J23: escapes charm and casts fireball! It damages 1 harpy and both devils!

PB: miss

Hoops: hits harpy 2x

---------------------------


Harpy 1: miss

Harpy 2: miss

Spined Devil 1: hits pb

Spined Devil 2: miss

J23: casts sleep. Harpy 2 falls asleep!

PB: hits - and harpy 1 is hurt!

Hoops: miss

---------------------------


Harpy 1: miss

Harpy 2: sleeps

Spined Devil 1: miss

Spined Devil 2: hits hoops

J23: hits - and harpy 1 is DOWN!

PB: hits devil 1

Hoops: miss

---------------------------


Harpy 2: sleeps

Spined Devil 1: hits j23

Spined Devil 2: hits pb

J23: hits

PB: miss

Hoops: miss

---------------------------

Harpy 2: sleeps

Spined Devil 1: miss

Spined Devil 2: hits hoops

J23: casts heal on hoops

PB: hits sd1

Hoops: hits 2x!

---------------------------


Harpy 2: sleeps

Spined Devil 1: hits pb

Spined Devil 2: miss

J23: casts improved heal on pb

PB: hits!

Hoops: misses

---------------------------

Harpy 2: wakes up and misses

Spined Devil 1: miss

Spined Devil 2: hits hoops

J23: miss

PB: miss

Hoops: hits 2x.

And the spine devil goes down!

---------------------------


KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #690
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA


Harpy 2: hits pb

Spined Devil 2: hits hoops

J23: hits harpy 2 with a crit!

PB: hits

Hoops: miss

---------------------------


Harpy 2: miss

Spined Devil 2: miss

J23: miss

PB: hits

Hoops: miss

-------------------


Harpy 2: hits pb

Spined Devil 2: hits hoops

J23:miss

PB: hits

Hoops: hits - and the harpy goes down!

-------------------
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #691
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA

Spined Devil 2: hits hoops

J23: hits!

PB: miss

Hoops: miss

-------------------


Spined Devil 2: hits hoops

J23: casts heal on hoops!

PB: hits!

Hoops: miss

-------------------


Spined Devil 2: miss

J23: hits!

PB: miss

Hoops: hits 2x

-------------------

Spined Devil 2: hits hoops

J23: hits!

PB: hits!

And the devil drops dead.

You are victorious!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #692
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
You find a chest in the room. Unlocking it reveals a book that appears to be magic. Let me know if you want to open it and read from it. In addition, tossed about the room are 3 healing potions and a total of 300gp.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #693
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Mays Landing, NJ USA
The harpies should have showed PB a picture of Crosby, he would have been charmed (and unable to fight due to the boner it would have given him)...

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #694
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I must say, that may be our best performance yet.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #695
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Team 1: Killian's Killers
J23:
Mage
Level: 7
Max HP: 28
Current HP: 20
Bonus: INT x2, +1 vs. GOOD,
Spells: Heal x2, Improved healing, Detect Magic, Sleep, Identify, Fireball
Equipment:
Staff of Lightning
Flask
3 Healing potions
115 GP
Staff
Earring of Intelligence
Elf dog on leash

PurdueBrad: Arx
Adventurer
Level: 6
Max HP: 72
Current HP: 60
Bonus: Constitution x2, Protection
Equipment:
1 Healing Potion
Longsword +1
Flask of Poison
Ring of Protection
215 GP
Longsword

Hoopsguy:
Specialist
Level: 6
Max HP: 36
Current HP: 31
Bonus: Fame, STR
Equipment:
Rope
Magic Ring (STR)
2 Healing potions
415 GP
Lockpicks +1
2 Daggers +1
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #696
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA

The equipment cart passes through again.

The old man says, "It looks like you have some gold to spend. Don't be stingy!"

"And sorry, but I can only sell you 3 healing potions this time."

Club of Stunning 300gp
Healing potions 25gp
Scroll of Experience 400gp
Potion of Speed: 300gp
An unidentified scroll 100gp
Unidentified boots 100gp
Bracers of Lifegiving 600gp

Let me know what you want to buy by 9pm.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #697
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Alright fellas, we're up to 745 gold and 6 healing potions, not bad. Although I anticipate some very tough fights ahead.

J23 you'll need to cast an identify spell on that book, I hope you'll learn a new spell from it or something.

I'm feeling pretty confident as of now.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #698
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I would say we go for the 3 potions, to put us at 9 (3 each). That puts us 670 left. Thoughts from there? Here are my thoughts on each item:

Club of Stunning- Sounds cool and it looks like stun could be useful
Scroll of Experience- Expensive to gain a level, so probably not
Potion of Speed- Meh
Unidentified Scroll/Boots- I'm always up for a gamble here
Bracers of Lifegiving- Really expensive but my guess is that they let a player regenerate health as they lose it.

I guess I would say go 3 potions, Club of Stunning, Unidentified Scroll, Unidentified Boots, and that leaves us 170 if we need it.

I am curious your thoughts though. I'm guessing this is our last shot as our next room will be #17.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #699
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Yep, I'll cast identify on the book. Hopefully we can see the result before we have to make our purchases.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #700
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
BTW- Thanks for covering for me yesterday during my work adventures. Glad you guys didn't screw things up.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.