Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #301
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
If you want to kill off EF, just say so!

HA! Who doesn't want to do that? Seriously though, I'm pretty open here.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #302
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
That team is probably smart enough to hit Danny's team. WAIT A MINUTE: We're here, Bestiarii is here, I assume CR's team is in the supply room. That means Danny's team either went xp, which would make no sense, or down the hall and have gotten ahead.

I'm much more in favor of pushing their button.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #303
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I went fishing in the main thread since Jackal is in there. I'm hoping they'll say they'll get Danny too.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #304
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Well, we could always push the BWT button, and if it doesn't work, maybe the other team would notice and push our button, netting us the xp that we'd get from pushing our own.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #305
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
EF, I don't know how much I trust him, has said they'll push Wang's button. I'm up for it and want to do it. Hoops? J23?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #306
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Let them go first, then we can make our call.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #307
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
I've got to head out for awhile, but if one of you needs to make a quick call don't feel the need to wait up for me.

I'll berate you later if it doesn't work, and fail to praise you if it does work, but that is par for the course.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #308
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I did throw out the simultaneous idea. If you look at what happened when the first two teams hit the button around the same time, Wangs got drilled with acid and then spiders w/ no pause. I'm wondering the same thing. Worst case, they double-cross us and push our button and we get some xp.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #309
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I say we just push it when one of them is around to do the same.

They push the same - cool, someone might die
They backstab and push ours - cool, xp for us

Worst case might be picking themselves to deprive us of some xp!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #310
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Exactly, this is a great idea. J23, we'll do it in 5 minutes it looks like.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #311
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Oops, make that 4.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #312
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Perfect!!!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #313
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Well, looks like we earned a button push from the Wang tribe. Good, I wanted some XP anyway and I think we'll be fine in terms of the race relative to the other teams.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #314
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Wang doesn't have a button, he's screwing around.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #315
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Wang doesn't have a button, he's screwing around.

At least that is the assumption I'm making since we don't see them in their old room.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #316
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
Too bad, if true.

Sadly, your thought on the Wang's does resonate with me. It would seem to be their style to run ahead without facing any of the scary monsters.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #317
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I don't think the monsters have to be scary for them to run.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #318
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Today, J23 and PurdueBrad have leveled up to level 4!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #319
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Level 4 baby!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #320
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
J23 - Pick a new spell.

Level 4 (pick 1 additional):
You may choose one additional spell from the following list:
Heal, Magic Missile, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Mage Armor, Fear, Sleep, Web, Identify, Cure Poison

You may choose a spell you already possess which will allow you to cast it 2x per room/combat instead of once.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #321
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
After pressing the button in the room, you decide you need to plow ahead. You rush into the hallway and continue on until you reach a large wooden door.

Opening it reveals a cavernous tunnel of rock. You venture in, but after a few steps and some twists and turns, it becomes very difficult to see. You press on, but it is slow going.

After a couple of minutes of walking, you see a faint light ahead. You rush on and come to a large open cave. The light is coming from a group of torches hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room. The torches light the middle of the cavern, but not the sides. You can't tell if there is an exit, and if so, which direction it is in.

A pond sits in the middle of the cavern. It looks fairly deep.

You can make the following choices.

Search left.
Search right.
Search straight ahead.
Enter pond.

Also, let me know if you are doing this together as a group or splitting up. In other words, you could send one player into the pond while someone else searches left, etc.

Please give me fairly detailed instructions as to what you want to do and in what order, so if you search left and don't find anything, I know that you want to search right next (for example).

Try to get your action to me tonight by 9. I'd like to run this action then. If you can't, let me know.

Last edited by KWhit : 04-19-2010 at 04:29 PM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #322
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
J23, congrats! Now don't pick something stupid.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #323
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Guys, I teach at the university until about 7 pm EST so let me throw out some early thoughts.

I'm willing to either enter the pond or search right. Then straight, then left.

So in order of preference: Pond, right, straight, left.

If you want to split up, send me to the pond or send me right.

J23 may want to cast a detect magic just in case as I'm thinking the pond likely has either a prize or a horrible beast.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #324
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Team 1: Killian's Killers
J23:
Mage
Level: 4
Max HP: 16
Current HP: 16
Bonus: Intelligence, +1 vs. GOOD
Spells: Heal, Detect Magic, Sleep
Equipment:
Staff of Lightning
2 Healing potion
Flask of Poison
Flask
5 GP
Staff

PurdueBrad: Arx
Adventurer
Level: 4
Max HP: 48
Current HP: 35
Bonus: Constitution x2
Equipment:
Longsword +1
2 Healing potions
5 GP
Longsword

Hoopsguy:
Specialist
Level: 3
Max HP: 18
Current HP: 18
Bonus: Fame
Equipment:
2 Healing potion
Rope
5 GP
Lockpicks +1
2 Daggers
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #325
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Hoops, keep those lock picks ready, 'cause I think I'm going to get me a treasure chest in the pond.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #326
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
J23: Detect magic

If magic, we all go to magic.

If no magic, then we split up?
PB = POND
J23 + Hoops = LEFT

That should give us teams that would be capable of dealing with any physical threats in the chamber.

[muses to cameras]
Or get the half-troll partner of mine mauled as he plumes the depths for my treasure. Win-win. I'll keep the mage close in case the need emerges to gut him for treachery. But that one has been the less insolent of my partners.[/end musing]
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #327
J23
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
In the interests of time, perhaps we should consider splitting up all three options if we don't detect any magic. I would hope we can come to each other's aid since it is in the same room.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #328
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
OK, let me know how you want to split it up, J23. I'll hopefully be on some between now and deadline to put in an order.

If I haven't seen anything I'll just have us split left/right with PB going to the pond.

Pool and a pond; pond be good for PB.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #329
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Alright, putting in the following order now:

J23 casts detect magic
IF magic is detected, we all go towards it.
If no magic, PB explores the pond, J23 goes left, Hoops goes right
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #330
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just wanted to say this thread has been the most fun to read so far since I've been back in town this week.

Also, giving a shout out to Hoops!
Clearly I'm part of the equation.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #331
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
J23 casts Detect Magic.

You see a glowing aura deep within the pond. You dive into it pond and search. It doesn't take very long since all three of you were looking, and you find a chest. Your Specialist does his thing, opens it and viola! You've got a magical item. This looks to be a golden ring with a red ruby at its center. You can tell it's magic, but that's all you know about it so far.

Now I need a clarification:

What direction(s) do you search next and in what order, and by whom? It wasn't 100% clear from the wording on your PM. Get this to me asap and I'll run the rest of the room.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #332
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Sent KWhit our clarification. We're searching right, straight, then left. If we hit a door in any of that search, we're bolting through it.

As for the magic ring, thoughts?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #333
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
J23 - Pick a new spell.

Level 4 (pick 1 additional):
You may choose one additional spell from the following list:
Heal, Magic Missile, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Mage Armor, Fear, Sleep, Web, Identify, Cure Poison

You may choose a spell you already possess which will allow you to cast it 2x per room/combat instead of once.

J23, what did you pick btw? Identify might be valuable here if you haven't picked yet.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #334
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
KWHIT: Please see my 10:22 EST PM post for what we'll do.

I have each of us checking one direction simultaneously guys to save time. Good luck if there is a battle.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #335
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
PB searches right - YOU FIND A DOOR.
Hoops searches straight - finding NOTHING.
J23 searches left and triggers a TRAP! Spikes shoot down from the ceiling, and J23 takes a NASTY scrape!

Then you all go through the door to the Right and proceed.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #336
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Is this the first time that somebody other than me took some damage? 'Bout time.

[ooc]Sorry J[/ooc]
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #337
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA

Room 8:

This room is another arena-type room, but much smaller then the one in which the Crawl began. Fans in bleachers line the walls, screaming for and against you.

In the center of the room is an elf and a halfling. The elf smiles at you, and bows gently. "My name is Walter. This is my associate Platty. We've been hired to keep you from going through that door."

Walter points to the only other exit from the room. Somehow you have to get through them to move on. Walter carries a staff. Platty carries a long, jagged, glowing dagger.

"I am a sporting type (my associate isn't), so I will give you a moment to refresh yourselves before we begin."

You may cast spells, drink potions, or take some other preparatory action before battle. Let me know what (if anything) you want to do by Noon tomorrow, then the fun begins.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #338
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
HELL YES...TIME TO BRING THE PAIN!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #339
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I think I'm at 35/48. Should I top myself off w/ a potion?

J23 should either cast a self-heal or drink a potion as well.

Do you think he could cast a sleep spell as a "preparatory action before the battle" or is that too sneak?

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 04-19-2010 at 10:42 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 PM   #340
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
We also may want to figure out this ring thing before we start this battle too.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #341
hoopsguy
General Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago
You probably won't be able to sleep the elf.

I think I just lost some street cred for knowing this.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #342
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Hoops levels up!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #343
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Hoops levels up!

Sweet, we're all level 4 going into this.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #344
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Team 1: Killian's Killers
J23:
Mage
Level: 4
Max HP: 16
Current HP: 8
Bonus: Intelligence, +1 vs. GOOD
Spells: Heal, Detect Magic, Sleep
Equipment:
Staff of Lightning
2 Healing potion
Flask of Poison
Flask
5 GP
Staff

PurdueBrad: Arx
Adventurer
Level: 4
Max HP: 48
Current HP: 35
Bonus: Constitution x2
Equipment:
Longsword +1
2 Healing potions
5 GP
Longsword

Hoopsguy:
Specialist
Level: 4
Max HP: 24
Current HP: 24
Bonus: Fame
Equipment:
2 Healing potion
Rope
5 GP
Lockpicks +1
2 Daggers
Unidentified Magic Ring
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #345
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
KWHIT: Does any spell that J23 casts now count against his combat casting limit (i.e.- if he casts a he heal on himself now, can he not cast another during the battle)?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #346
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
KWHIT: Can I put the poison in J23's flask on my sword blade for this battle?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #347
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Good question.

Since they are giving you time to prep, you may cast a spell in prep-time and one during combat.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #348
KWhit
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Conyers GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
KWHIT: Can I put the poison in J23's flask on my sword blade for this battle?

Yes.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:48 PM   #349
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
J23, a couple recommendations then:

1- Cast a heal spell for yourself (save the potions)

2- Don't forget to pick a new spell if you haven't

3- Pass me the poison and I'll apply it to my sword if you don't mind
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #350
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DeKalb, IL
I'm out for the night guys, battling a headache, be on at 7 am EST though.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 04-19-2010 at 10:49 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.